Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,182

Re: NBA Draft Day Thread 

Post#861 » by Neeva » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:39 am

KGdaBom wrote:
K4P wrote:I like that Rosas went for home run swings at every pick

I think he did.

I like bolmaro but think Hampton is more of a swing for a homerun. i hope that doesn’t come back to haunt us taking Bolmaro over Hampton.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#862 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:39 am

Neeva wrote:It was a good draft. Wish Bolmaro was showing up this season though.

He might. Teammate of Rubio's I think. He could talk him into it.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#863 » by Mattya » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:39 am

So do we expect Bolmaro to be a stash?
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#864 » by Merc_Porto » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:41 am

Mattya wrote:So do we expect Bolmaro to be a stash?

During an interview with Argentine media Toda Pasión, NBA prospect Leandro Bolmaro said he will stay at Barcelona next season.

“The dream of any player is to be at the highest possible level in the world, but now I’m in Barcelona and I have a new contract (until 2023). I have a great chance to play. I have to thank the club and the coaches. I want to play here”
“Now I’m focused on Barcelona, ​​the NBA will come later… I’m still very young and I want to play here because I feel very comfortable. am with the best players in Europe and every day, in every training session, I learn a lot from them. They train every day as if it were the last time”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sportando.basketball/en/nba-prospect-leandro-bolmaro-im-focused-on-barcelona-the-nba-will-come-later/%3famp=1
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#865 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:41 am

Domejandro wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Calinks wrote:What picks do we still have?

None. We ended up with 1-23-28. Edwards, Bolmaro and McDaniel. Got Ricky Rubio added in trade. That's what happened tonight.

Honestly, going from #1, #17, #23, and James Johnson to Anthony Edwards, Leandro Bolmaro, Jalen McDaniel, and Ricky Rubio feels like a pretty solid Draft, to me.

We still have MLE, BAE, and RFA on Jordan McLaughlin, Malik Beasley, Juancho Hernangómez, and Kelan Martin. Not bad at all.

There was some confusion about Beasley still being an RFA. I hope we still have the right to match. Edwards, McDaniel and Bolmaro are all home run swings.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#866 » by Jedzz » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:42 am

LibertyPrime wrote:Spurs get Tre Jones. Good landing spot for him.
I think so as well.
TheDominator273
Sixth Man
And1: 1,079

Post#867 » by TheDominator273 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:44 am

Bolmaro staying in Barcelona for one year then coming over for 21-22 when we likely won't have a first round pick works for me
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#868 » by IceManBK1 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:44 am

McDaniels seems like a good pickup..quick, athletic, can create his own offense, good shot blocker
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#869 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:44 am

Shaka_Zulu wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:
Shaka_Zulu wrote:
P.S Rubio is big addition for winning basketball, but its not easy justifying 17-18m a year for backup PG.

Easy...
Don't see him as a backup PG, he's not.
He will start full time? So Edwards off the bench or SF?

A bit of both until he proves himself. 96 minutes between PG and SG. They could get 32 minutes each in rotation.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#870 » by Mattya » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:45 am

Thanks, I like this even more now.
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#871 » by Neeva » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:46 am

IceManBK1 wrote:McDaniels seems like a good pickup..quick, athletic, can create his own offense, good shot blocker

If the lights go on upstairs for Mcdaniels and Edwards, wolves got the two best players in the draft IMO
Wish we had RJ Hampton as well, oh well..
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#872 » by Neeva » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:47 am

Sixers going all out for shooters.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#873 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:48 am

_AIJ_ wrote:
Neeva wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:
Easy...
Don't see him as a backup PG, he's not.

Yep Dlo to sg, edwards to three.

Edwards would be too small to play the 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little short, but not small.
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#874 » by King Malta » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:50 am

Neeva wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
K4P wrote:I like that Rosas went for home run swings at every pick

I think he did.

I like bolmaro but think Hampton is more of a swing for a homerun. i hope that doesn’t come back to haunt us taking Bolmaro over Hampton.

I watched him down here and I'm not particularly high on him tbh.

He's very athletic and will probably be a plus defender but he shot poorly down here and I'm not confident he ever becomes a very good shooter. Think Dante Exum.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#875 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:50 am

mercgold3 wrote:

During an interview with Argentine media Toda Pasión, NBA prospect Leandro Bolmaro said he will stay at Barcelona next season.

“The dream of any player is to be at the highest possible level in the world, but now I’m in Barcelona and I have a new contract (until 2023). I have a great chance to play. I have to thank the club and the coaches. I want to play here”
“Now I’m focused on Barcelona, ​​the NBA will come later… I’m still very young and I want to play here because I feel very comfortable. am with the best players in Europe and every day, in every training session, I learn a lot from them. They train every day as if it were the last time”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sportando.basketball/en/nba-prospect-leandro-bolmaro-im-focused-on-barcelona-the-nba-will-come-later/%3famp=1

If he stays in Spain for a year that's fine. However, he's a SF sized player with PG skills. That would sure be nice to have him playing for us.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#876 » by Jedzz » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:51 am

IceManBK1 wrote:McDaniels seems like a good pickup..quick, athletic, can create his own offense, good shot blocker

He's good. We'll see.
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#877 » by Neeva » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:51 am

King Malta wrote:
Neeva wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:I think he did.

He's very athletic and will probably be a plus defender but he shot poorly down here and I'm not confident he ever becomes a very good shooter. Think Dante Exum.

Ok thanks, bolmaro has same issues but a better playmaker. Hoping for the best for the three new timberwolves.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#878 » by Merc_Porto » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:53 am

KGdaBom wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:

If he stays in Spain for a year that's fine. However, he's a SF sized player with PG skills. That would sure be nice to have him playing for us.
Is Tomáš Satoranský a good comparison?
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#879 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:53 am

Neeva wrote:
King Malta wrote:
Neeva wrote:I like bolmaro but think Hampton is more of a swing for a homerun. i hope that doesn’t come back to haunt us taking Bolmaro over Hampton.

Ok thanks, bolmaro has same issues but a better playmaker. Hoping for the best for the three new timberwolves.

Bolmaro is Lamelo 2.0, but known as a good defender. Only 19 and has a very bright future.
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#880 » by Neeva » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:56 am

Can’t believe Reggie Perry and Paul Reed are still undrafted. Lets sign them as free agents.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves