ImageImageImageImageImage

New York Yankees Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Signature NYK
Sixth Man
And1: 554

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1361 » by Signature NYK » Mon Nov 9, 2020 5:04 pm

Trade Andujar Frazier Voit and pitching prospect for Lindor
Resign DJ move him to 1B
Sign Bauer 1 year big money
Resign Paxton on a show me deal
Resign Gardner for the SUUUUPER low or sign Brantley
Move Gleyber back to 2B

1B DJ (R)
RF Judge (R)
SS Lindor (S)
DH Stanton (R)
2B Torres (R)
LF Brantley (L)
3B Gio (R)
C Sanchez (R)
CF Hicks (S) [Swap Gardy with Brantley and move Hicks to 6th]

Cole
Bauer
Paxton
Deivi
Monty
Schmidt
Sevy (moves to 3rd spot unless someone steps up)

Prolly well over the tax threshold but idgaf not my money Lmao this team should be able to win a a chip or two depending on if we keep Bauer. Didn't want to give up Frazier but the Indians are gonna want an outfielder. Voit's been productive for us so that hurts but hes a power guy and we desperately need more contact hitters (Lindor fills that need plus adds elite defense and hits for power) If Stanton Hicks or Judge get hurt which they may we'd still have Florial which is another lefty bat in the rotation. Giving Sanchez one more year to show me he can hit again. Brantley provides contact and speed which we desperately need.

Go after another Ace at the deadline in one becomes available, (Still hoping we can nab degrom somehow)
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,235

Post#1362 » by Papi_swav » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:06 am

^^ I would be pleased with that, hopefully Indians will accept that deal. I'm all in on Lindor, we can't allow him to go to another team because he won't hit free agency. He's an elite player and is on trach for HOF and he checks all the boxes we need. Top of the order bat, contact hitter, fast, good on the bases and gold glove shortstop.

I would get rid of Sanchez as well and go for somebody like Molina or whoever is a good defender at catcher. We don't really need the bat as much, and plus I don't think there is a catcher that will hit worse than Sanchez .190 batting average anyway.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#1363 » by MaseInYourFace » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:27 pm

Signature NYK wrote:Trade Andujar Frazier Voit and pitching prospect for Lindor
Resign DJ move him to 1B
Move Gleyber back to 2B

1B DJ (R)
RF Judge (R)
SS Lindor (S)
DH Stanton (R)
2B Torres (R)
LF Brantley (L)
3B Gio (R)
C Sanchez (R)

Cole
Bauer
Paxton
Deivi
Monty
Schmidt

Prolly well over the tax threshold but idgaf not my money Lmao this team should be able to win a a chip or two depending on if we keep Bauer. Didn't want to give up Frazier but the Indians are gonna want an outfielder. Voit's been productive for us so that hurts but hes a power guy and we desperately need more contact hitters (Lindor fills that need plus adds elite defense and hits for power) If Stanton Hicks or Judge get hurt which they may we'd still have Florial which is another lefty bat in the rotation. Giving Sanchez one more year to show me he can hit again. Brantley provides contact and speed which we desperately need.

Go after another Ace at the deadline in one becomes available, (Still hoping we can nab degrom somehow)

I like your plan minus bringing back Sanchez.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Boarder Patrol
Head Coach
And1: 3,743

Post#1364 » by Boarder Patrol » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:23 pm

Signature NYK wrote:offseason plan

I like these moves, but they're not re-signing DJ and bringing in Lindor. If they give up a haul for Lindor, it's to bring him back long term on the very lucrative deal he'll command.

Bauer on a one year is great with me, we'll see if we go for him. I really try for Tanaka if you can get him on a reasonable deal. Yanks desperately need someone steady and reliable in the rotation. Tanaka isn't lighting the league on fire these days but he's more than proven as a solid #3 who has stayed healthy and can navigate a lineup.
ccvle
Head Coach
And1: 1,712

Re: New York Yankees Threadpleas 

Post#1365 » by ccvle » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:04 pm

Please dont dont bring back gardner. Some one needs to step the fk up in the club house and stop looking up to a fourth outfielder for leadership.
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Post#1366 » by Polk377 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:08 am

ccvle wrote:Please dont dont bring back gardner. Some one needs to step the fk up in the club house and stop looking up to a fourth outfielder for leadership.

Judge already seems to be the new vocal leader of the team. I love Gardner but his best days are long behind him. Next time I want to see him in a Yankees uniform is on Old Timers Day in 10 years.
ccvle
Head Coach
And1: 1,712

Post#1367 » by ccvle » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:46 am

Polk377 wrote:
ccvle wrote:Please dont dont bring back gardner. Some one needs to step the fk up in the club house and stop looking up to a fourth outfielder for leadership.

Judge already seems to be the new vocal leader of the team. I love Gardner but his best days are long behind him. Next time I want to see him in a Yankees uniform is on Old Timers Day in 10 years.

It is hard to take judge seriously as a leader when he is missing 2/3 of the season every season and with a so so playoffs resume.
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,158

Post#1368 » by Knickfan1982 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:41 pm

Resign DJ move him to 1B
Move Gleyber back to 2B

1B DJ (R)
RF Judge (R)
SS Lindor (S)
DH Stanton (R)
2B Torres (R)
LF Brantley (L)
3B Gio (R)
C Sanchez (R)

Cole
Bauer
Paxton
Deivi
Monty
Schmidt

They are going to want more for Lindor. Andujar's got a fraction of the value he should have right now.
Why rely on nuance, facts and logic when you can bludgeon the other side with mindless repetition of "Duuur McDaniel's has potential :tooth and still be treated as if you were reasonable.
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#1369 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:48 pm

Read on Twitter
Signature NYK
Sixth Man
And1: 554

Post#1370 » by Signature NYK » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:12 am

Knickfan1982 wrote:
Resign DJ move him to 1B
Move Gleyber back to 2B

1B DJ (R)
RF Judge (R)
SS Lindor (S)
DH Stanton (R)
2B Torres (R)
LF Brantley (L)
3B Gio (R)
C Sanchez (R)

Cole
Bauer
Paxton
Deivi
Monty
Schmidt

They are going to want more for Lindor. Andujar's got a fraction of the value he should have right now.

They can want more. But will they get more from anyone? Teams have to 1 be willing to trade for him,2 have money to sign him long term and 3 have assets to offer up. He's got one year and they've made it clear they cant afford to keep him and plan to trade him. Not sure they'll get a better offer that but I guess we'll see.

I do agree on Andujar's value tho smh
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,108

Post#1371 » by moocow007 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:34 am

The Yankees aren't going to spend big money so really don't see the Yanks going in on Lindor.

Not only does Lindor make a minimum of $17 million for next season hes going to be looking for a huge long term mega contract beyond next season.

Maybe if the Indians were willing to take Ottavinos contract but considering they chose not to keep Brad Hamd because if his $10 million contact i can't see them wanting to take Ottavinos $9 million.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,108

Post#1372 » by moocow007 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:34 am

My guess is that the Yankees will push hard and try to trade for a guy like Joe Musgrove. Musgrove will only make about $3.5 million next season so it'll go along way to get Hal's wet dream of resetting the tax.

I would expect a similar caliber package (prospect ranking wise at the time of the trade) to what they gave the As for Sonny Gray (which was not a small package). I'd expect Schmidt or Garcia being sent to Pittsburgh in the deal along witha couple other top 30 prospects).

They also could make a play for anothet Gray (Jon Gray of the Rockies) who actually may be non-tendered. Gray is owed about $6.5 million.

Thats would fill out their rotation and give them some breathing room to resign DJL.

I'd not be surprised if they trade Sanchez...maybe even in the deal with the Pirates for Musgrove. That would move Sanchez to a team that they won't likely ever face in a key game and have Sanchez come back to haunt them.

They could very well bring Romine back for a cheap contract and then possibly look to upgrade their bench above guys like Wade and Mike Ford and go after another reliever like Brad Hand.

So DJL back. Add Joe Musgrove and Jon Gray to the rotation. Brad Hand to the pen. Romine or similar guy to rotate with Higashioka. Then a higher level utility guy (Freddy Galvis?) and a bigger lefty bat off the bench that can also play the OF (like a Joc Pederson).

Romine and Galvis are both switch hitters and Pederson bats left and would be an upgrade overall from Mike Tauchman and give them a guy that can start in the eventuality of injury to you know who. Pederson is also a great postseason guy.

That to me would be a more realistic and reasonable off-season for the Yankees than any flights of fancies about Bauer, Realmuto, Lindor, etc. If they can trade Ottavino (likely need to include a prospect and/or pay some of that contract) they should be able to stay below the threshold. Will result in them losing prospects but the Yankees already have a hard time protecting everyone and with them losing 2 .I or league affiliates they will need to think out.

Thats what I see as realistic. Torres will get another chance to show he can or can't stay at SS.

And then the Yankees can decide if they want to keep Torres or move him around and go after one of the several big name free agent shortstop that'll be available after the 2021 season. Lindor isn't going to be the only big name SS that'll be available in free agency. They'll also have Corey Seager (he bats lefty), Javier Baez and Carlos Correa available to pick from as all 3 guys will be free agents as well.

BTW...Corey Seager who probably fits the Yankees type of player much more than Lindor grew up in NC as a big Yankee fan. His childhood idol was Derek Jeter. So if there is one team that could convince Seager to leave the Dodgers for its the NY Yankees.

Seager would probably be a better bet to throw big bucks at than anyone else including Lindor and even Aaron Judge.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
I
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,312

Post#1373 » by GEOLINK » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:43 am

I'm definitely not holding out hope for any Lindor trades or them re-signing DJ, honestly.

Cashman gonna sit on his thumb and stay with the current team, add a couple of pieces, and call it a day.
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,312

Post#1374 » by GEOLINK » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:39 pm

NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,989

Post#1375 » by NYKinMIA » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:43 pm

Is there ANY indication at all that we're not resigning DJ?
Appleshampoo
Sixth Man
And1: 899

Post#1376 » by Appleshampoo » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:44 pm

Twiddling my thumbs wanting DJ resigned. I wonder if $85million over 4 years and a no-trade clause gets it done.

I like the Frazier/Andujar/Voit trade package for Lindor. It is the kind of move the Dodgers would make and they're the team to beat.
Grover
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#1377 » by Grover » Wed Dec 2, 2020 11:24 am

This free agent offseason was certainly discussed in context with last year’s Cole signing. With but Ottavino coming off the books at seasons end, Chapman and Stanton having full no trade clauses and the collective bargaining agreement set to expire, some riskier one year deals may be in the offing. I’m torn between spending versus absorbing salary but I’m fascinated with the idea of what Cashman faces as a result of signing Cole and having limited wiggle room to add the typical offseason targets.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,266

Post#1378 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Dec 2, 2020 12:33 pm

VirginiaKnickFan wrote:
Read on Twitter

He's hitting that strike zone like it's his wife
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,611

Post#1379 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Dec 7, 2020 7:12 am

Hey Yankees fans. I have a little bit a Yankees news for you. Leland Sklar is a bass player who, if you went to many rock concerts over the last 45 years, you've may have very well have seen him and you've certainly probably heard his bass playing on someone's song (e.g. Phil Collins Susudio?).

Anyhow, Leland played bass on Bernie Williams music projects. Leland discusses it in this video, if you're interested. He's a really cool dude.

Here they are on The Craig Ferguson Show. Tim Pierce on guitar and Kenny Aronoff on drums are two of the most stellar musicians you'll ever find.

Free Palestine
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,010

Post#1380 » by blue and orange » Wed Dec 9, 2020 8:02 pm

The MLB offseason is a joke. It shouldnt take this long to get to FA, not to mention when all the awards are presented when nobody cares with football going on. MLB is always the sport that is behind on the times.

Return to New York Knicks