ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks waiving Elfrid Payton and Kenny Wooten and not picking up option on Bobby Portis. Also, no Q.O for l Dotson

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Re: Knicks waiving Elfrid Payton and Kenny Wooten and not picking up option on Bobby Portis. Also, no Q.O for l Dotson 

Post#61 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:03 pm

Only two more years of paying Jo Noah $6,431,666 a year. Because he had to be off the team asap or else major free agents would be offended at the treatment of him and not come to the NYK. :nonono:

[delving into spotrac reminded me of this :lol: ]
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,025

Re: Knicks waiving Elfrid Payton and Kenny Wooten and not picking up option on Bobby Portis. Also, no Q.O for l Dotson 

Post#62 » by NotMyKawhi » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:03 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
NotMyKawhi wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
better than trading draft capital for Westbrook

for sure! He's gonna play hard and he's a top 5 defensive PG.

and he fits better with RJ because he can play on an off ball.

He will be an overpay and I would rather not sign anyone and tank...but assuming its an either or situation where we are going to trade for Westbrook or sign FVV (I am signing FVV everyday of the week over RW).

ya, he's a good signing even if it's an overpay. usually the knicks overpay bad players, that's not FVV. Yall will probably have to give him 25 million +, that's the problem.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,861

Post#63 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:05 pm

Capn'O wrote:
King of Canada wrote:This is like the opposite of free agency :lol:

Green bucket is Randle thinking: I'm a recycling bucket you ain't getting me! not realizing the recycling collection is tomorrow.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#64 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:06 pm

jstudabaka wrote:Waiving Payton? Really? He was the only PG who looked half-decent. Dumb move imo. Who the hell can play point? Frank is awful.

jstudabaka
Bench Warmer
And1: 681

Post#65 » by jstudabaka » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:10 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
jstudabaka wrote:Waiving Payton? Really? He was the only PG who looked half-decent. Dumb move imo. Who the hell can play point? Frank is awful.

Is this irrational Frank love or irrational Elfrid hate? I kind of feel like Elfrid basically played like a better version of Ntlikina. Pretty good defense, but with some playmaking ability and athleticism.
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,549

Post#66 » by Gravy » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:15 pm

jstudabaka wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Is this irrational Frank love or irrational Elfrid hate? I kind of feel like Elfrid basically played like a better version of Ntlikina. Pretty good defense, but with some playmaking ability and athleticism.

Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#67 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:18 pm

jstudabaka wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Hayton on Payton is rational just like not drinking Liquid Plumber is rational
RealGM
And1: 39,138

Post#68 » by 2010 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:19 pm

Context and Wackbone running Knicks front office for a day.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager

Post#69 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:19 pm

B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:How much cap space do the Knicks actually have as of right now?

I'm struggling a little with Spotrac, but it seems to be about $40m with:

Julius Randle, R.J. Barrett, Frank Ntilikina, Dennis Smith Jr., Kevin Knox, Reggie Bullock, Theo Pinson, Mitchell Robinson, Ignas Brazdeikis, Obi Toppin and Immanuel Quickley

on the books. I'm not sure why Pinson is kept, but .. mkay.

What can you spend $40m on? Westbrook is $41.3m - Westbrook for Pinson and picks?

Randle ~$19m , Smith ~$5.7m, Knox ~44.6m (and Frank ~$6.1m) are possible trade pieces (I assume). [Obviously Iggy and Pinson too, but that's only $1.5 and $1.7. resp.]
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,347

Post#70 » by dakomish23 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:20 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:Can someone help me find the thread last year where people were defending these deals?

Also Randle better be giving thanks this year for that stupid Pills deal cause his ass should have dumped with them

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,359

Post#71 » by Ray Williams » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:20 pm

jstudabaka wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,347

Post#72 » by dakomish23 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:25 pm

Read on Twitter

Amazing
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#73 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:27 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Amazing

B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager

Post#74 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:27 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Amazing

Who was the poster who used to post ~every week that Frank would be off the team by every single next deadline? :lol:
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#75 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:30 pm

B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Amazing

Who was the poster who used to post ~every week that Frank would be off the team by every single next deadline? :lol:

Probably Vallen

When he was born, the doctors said: "Ma'am, you are the proud mother of a bouncing baby Frank hater"
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager

Post#76 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:46 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Amazing

Probably Vallen

When he was born, the doctors said: "Ma'am, you are the proud mother of a bouncing baby Frank hater"

Yeah - thanks Clyde_Style. I couldn't recall the name and I don't remember any other pov he had. :lol:
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,254

Post#77 » by Chanel Bomber » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:46 pm

KNICKS WAIVING PAYTON?????

OMFG THIS IS THE HAPPIEST I'VE EVER FELT.

Should've kept Ellington and Dot is a keeper though, but whatever EL FRAUD IS OFF MY DAMN TEAM THANK YOU LORD.
Dranae
Freshman
And1: 51

Post#78 » by Dranae » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:51 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Amazing

Who was the poster who used to post ~every week that Frank would be off the team by every single next deadline?

Probably Vallen

Nah, I think he means Taj

Sent from my SM-G988U using RealGM mobile app
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#79 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:53 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:KNICKS WAIVING PAYTON?????

Should've kept Ellington and Dot is a keeper though, but whatever EL FRAUD IS OFF MY DAMN TEAM THANK YOU LORD.

Some Sunlight for you!
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,254

Post#80 » by Chanel Bomber » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:58 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:KNICKS WAIVING PAYTON?????

Some Sunlight for you!

You're damn right.

I forgot the sun existed the last 48 hours.

Return to New York Knicks