ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks waiving Elfrid Payton and Kenny Wooten and not picking up option on Bobby Portis. Also, no Q.O for l Dotson

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,093

Re: Knicks waiving Elfrid Payton and Kenny Wooten and not picking up option on Bobby Portis. Also, no Q.O for l Dotson 

Post#81 » by Tron Carter » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:05 pm

jstudabaka wrote:Waiving Payton? Really? He was the only PG who looked half-decent. Dumb move imo. Who the hell can play point? Frank is awful.

The dumb move was signing him in the first place
R.I.P Black Mamba
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Re: Knicks waiving Elfrid Payton and Kenny Wooten and not picking up option on Bobby Portis. Also, no Q.O for l Dotson 

Post#82 » by MaseInYourFace » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:06 pm

FVV coming?
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#83 » by MaseInYourFace » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:09 pm

Dot deserves a chance to see what he can do on another team. Good for him.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
jstudabaka
Bench Warmer
And1: 681

Post#84 » by jstudabaka » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:23 pm

Tron Carter wrote:
jstudabaka wrote:Waiving Payton? Really? He was the only PG who looked half-decent. Dumb move imo. Who the hell can play point? Frank is awful.

It's really hard for any one-year low money deal to be dumb
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#85 » by GONYK » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:24 pm

jstudabaka wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:

It's really hard for any one-year low money deal to be dumb

And yet, we did it
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,214

Post#86 » by KnicksGod » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:26 pm

Gordon Hayward the next player to join the GTFOMT Knicks Parade.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,945

Post#87 » by KnicksGadfly » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:26 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:Dot deserves a chance to see what he can do on another team. Good for him.

He helped me win a fantasy championship one year. Rest of the year was ignoring the Knicks, and I took advantage. I got love for him.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,215

Post#88 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:45 pm

I am tempted to feel good about the new FO so far. Thibs hire was a sensible/good move. The draft was sensible yet aggressive. I like the hustle and the thought process behind everything they did. Even made sense punting the 33 pick with so much youth to look at and cap space/flexibility at a premium in this pandemic. Still have a bunch of picks/assets to work with. I know that this could all be fools gold. FA/Trades have yet to happen.... outside of the draft night frenzy was was solid shaking and baking.

Please don't be ye same old shyt we have had in the past. Please don't do enough dumb **** to get fired in the next 2-3 years!!!

I wanna buy in. Fuq dat shyt!!
:beer: RIP mags
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#89 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:04 pm

Dranae wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:Who was the poster who used to post ~every week that Frank would be off the team by every single next deadline?

Probably Vallen

When he was born, the doctors said: "Ma'am, you are the proud mother of a bouncing baby Frank hater"
Nah, I think he means Taj

Sent from my SM-G988U using RealGM mobile app

ooh. mebbe that's right. indecision. :-?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,439

Post#90 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:05 pm

We have no use for Damyean Dotson? That's just crazy. The dude brought it every game. Good teammate too. Kept his mouth shut while he was getting screwed on the bench.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,439

Post#91 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:07 pm

Gordon Hayward is now a free agent.
Free Palestine
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#92 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:15 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:We have no use for Damyean Dotson? That's just crazy. The dude brought it every game. Good teammate too. Kept his mouth shut while he was getting screwed on the bench.

Yeah - seems nuts. Only a detail, but maybe one telling one.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#93 » by johanliebert » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:30 pm

the 22 year old PG they got in the KP trade who was buried last year. missed a ton of games early and didn't start when he returned. I dunno whether it was personal issues or he was hurt but dennis smith was in the dog house.

Looks like thibs will give him a shot.
Cookies4Life
Rookie
And1: 1,411

Post#94 » by Cookies4Life » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:36 pm

Very happy Payton, Portis and Gibson are gone. Taj should've never been starting over Robinson who looked like he figured out how to avoid getting in foul trouble at the end of his rookie season. I don't like how our coaches always favored giving PT to the vets who already peaked in their development while our young guys all accrued a bunch of DNP's.

This should hopefully open up a lot more PT for Dennis Smith who I'm still a fan of (some of last year was his own fault coming out of shape in the beginning of the season but he dealt with injuries and the death of his stepmother which clearly affected him,) and also more playing time for Frankie who I expect to continue improving. I think this automatically puts Money Mitch back as the starting center which I'm ecstatic about and would love to see Randle traded so that Toppin could start alongside Robinson next year and Knox coming off the bench in a 6th man type of role (if he actually did improve this offseason.)

I'm a bit upset we didn't pick up Dotson's QO and we let Wooten go, but I still like the fact we dumped a lot of these non-productive vets who were taking up so much PT from our kids. We're supposed to be developing them yet they've been buried on the bench the last 2 years because of inept coaching who were actually trying to win games rather than develop the kids and be ok with whatever the record ended up being.
FreeSpiritNY
Veteran
And1: 1,285

Post#95 » by FreeSpiritNY » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:40 pm

Get ready for a trade. I have a huge feeling that dumping these players means they are about to absorb a big contract and send over a few second round picks. Just saying isn't it weird 2023 picks is what we've been aiming for. I feel like Houstons GM was like we want 2023.
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,401

Post#96 » by BadNewsBarnes » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:20 am

Frank and DSJr aren't long for this team either...
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
nyknicks09
RealGM
And1: 3,215

Post#97 » by nyknicks09 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:24 am

:nod: :nod: :nod:

Excellent job Leon Rose!

Time to show Randle the exit door
New York Knicks
KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127
Starter
And1: 646

Post#98 » by KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:24 am

This was the best day in almost a decade. Clear out the crap and rebuild with quality players. FVV gives us something we haven’t had in a long time. A quality competent PG, Thats what we’ve been missing for far too long.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#99 » by newyorker4ever » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:46 am

Can't believe they didn't bring my guy Dotson back. If the team that gets him gives him a legit shot he's goona thrive and be one of the better 3-D players in the NBA.
nyknicks09
RealGM
And1: 3,215

Post#100 » by nyknicks09 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:59 am

Frank and DSjr(Clean Slate) deserve to start under Thibbs with RJ at SF, Toppin, and Mitch.

Frank needs a confidence boost.
New York Knicks

Return to New York Knicks