What's Your Realistic Offseason Plan?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

What's Your Realistic Offseason Plan? 

Post#1 » by BullyKing » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:19 am

With free agency beginning (and more or less ending) tomorrow night, let's see what your ideal realistic offseason plan is. When I say realistic, I'm looking for plans that improve the team on the margins. Not Simmons trades or thinking we're trading Harris and a pick for a star.

So here's mine.

Sign Noel to a 3 year deal using all of the midlevel except enough to sign Isaiah Joe and Paul Reed to four-year Hinkie Specials.

Trade Ferguson, Scott, and NYK 2021 2nd for George Hill.

Then sign Illyasova for the minimum.

Curry
Green
Simmons
Harris
Embiid
Hill
Milton
Thybulle
Noel
Maxey
Illysova
Korkmaz
Zhaire
Joe
Reed

At the trade deadline see if you can turn Green and a pick into a long-term piece at wing.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Re: What's Your Realistic Offseason Plan? 

Post#2 » by Foshan » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:26 am

I could see us looking at Portis if Noel isn't an option. But i like that plan. I would really like to move on from Scott too.
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,560

Post#3 » by FireMorey » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:31 am

It's very chalky, but I think they should trade Simmons+ for Harden and add another shot creator/shooter for the bench and I honestly think they could come out of the East with Harden and Embiid.

Harden almost took down the greatest dynasty this generation with Chris Paul and a team of shooters, pair him with Embiid, Harris, and a bunch of shooters and I think this is their best championship chance since the 80's.

I truly think it would be the mistake of a lifetime to pass on James Harden.
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#4 » by VDT » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:35 am

I am not sure what is the point of Hill, when we have Curry and we might want to give Milton also some minutes. Noel would be a good sign and i dont mind Illiasova although i doubt he would also need to play the 5 imo.

The glaring hole in the team construction is someone that can create from the perimeter at high level. Of course this would require a significant trade but ultimately without acquiring that everything else doesnt change our title odds significantly.

The second hole is the lack of wing defenders with some size. We have only Simmons there. If we could get players like Crowder without offering much it would be ideal. For example, I am not sure what Memphis might ask for Winslow but i would have a discussion to see if there is some common ground there.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,056

Post#5 » by sixers hoops » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:35 am

BullyKing wrote:With free agency beginning (and more or less ending) tomorrow night, let's see what your ideal realistic offseason plan is. When I say realistic, I'm looking for plans that improve the team on the margins. Not Simmons trades or thinking we're trading Harris and a pick for a star.

So here's mine.

Sign Noel to a 3 year deal using all of the midlevel except enough to sign Isaiah Joe and Paul Reed to four-year Hinkie Specials.

Curry
Green
Simmons
Harris
Embiid
Hill
Milton
Thybulle
Noel
Maxey
Illysova
Korkmaz
Zhaire
Joe
Reed

At the trade deadline see if you can turn Green and a pick into a long-term piece at wing.

Like it. George Hill is a great target. Odd man out in the Mil trade, after getting traded with Bledsoe. Prob realistically available for good price.

I really like the Mike Scott signing last year. I’m surprised he had a bad season, but better to move on at this point.
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 824

Post#6 » by Ferry Avenue » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:37 am

If this team can get Hill and Ilyasova, it'll be in much better shape to try to replicate the season with Covington and Redick, with Green and Curry as replacements for them. That team had Ilyasova and Belinelli as key cogs.

We're still talking about a 2nd round exit there, but that's better than the 1st round exit we'd see without that key bench help.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,770

Post#7 » by Skates » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:50 am

My plan is to let Morey do more things like trading for Seth Curry that initially infuriate me until I look and realize he is a thousand times smarter and a equal number of steps ahead of me.

On my own I would like to get some combination of a shot blocking back up center, a combo forward that can play center in a small ball pinch and shoot and slash to score, and maybe another point guard for depth using FA, Scott, Ferguson, Smith and/or Furkan and a late future second or two to obtain said desired player archetypes.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,056

Post#8 » by sixers hoops » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:50 am

VDT wrote:I am not sure what is the point of Hill, when we have Curry and we might want to give Milton also some minutes. Noel would be a good sign and i dont mind Illiasova although i doubt he would also need to play the 5 imo.

The glaring hole in the team construction is someone that can create from the perimeter at high level. Of course this would require a significant trade but ultimately without acquiring that everything else doesnt change our title odds significantly.

The second hole is the lack of wing defenders with some size. We have only Simmons there. If we could get players like Crowder without offering much it would be ideal. For example, I am not sure what Memphis might ask for Winslow but i would have a discussion to see if there is some common ground there.

I liked the Hill idea because I was under the impression Curry plays off the ball a lot. In the last five minutes of games, is Milton, Ben, or Seth good enough to be our point guard. At least George Hill is an experienced point guard to run the first team for a year or two.
davesilver
Junior
And1: 204

Post#9 » by davesilver » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:53 am

PhilaOwnsBoston wrote:It's very chalky, but I think they should trade Simmons+ for Harden and add another shot creator/shooter for the bench and I honestly think they could come out of the East with Harden and Embiid.

Harden almost took down the greatest dynasty this generation with Chris Paul and a team of shooters, pair him with Embiid, Harris, and a bunch of shooters and I think this is their best championship chance since the 80's.

Part of me agrees. The other part thinks it would be the mistake of a lifetime to trade a 24 year old Ben Simmons. I have no idea.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#10 » by BullyKing » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:00 am

sixers hoops wrote:
VDT wrote:I am not sure what is the point of Hill, when we have Curry and we might want to give Milton also some minutes. Noel would be a good sign and i dont mind Illiasova although i doubt he would also need to play the 5 imo.

I liked the Hill idea because I was under the impression Curry plays off the ball a lot. In the last five minutes of games, is Milton, Ben, or Seth good enough to be our point guard. At least George Hill is an experienced point guard to run the first team for a year or two.

The other thing I love about acquiring Hill is that he's got another year on his contract at 10 million but only like 1 million guaranteed. That's either a valuable piece of salary filler or a cheap cut if we desperately need to save money.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Post#11 » by cool93 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:03 am

Ferry Avenue wrote:If this team can get Hill and Ilyasova, it'll be in much better shape to try to replicate the season with Covington and Redick, with Green and Curry as replacements for them. That team had Ilyasova and Belinelli as key cogs.

We're still talking about a 2nd round exit there, but that's better than the 1st round exit we'd see without that key bench help.
This team would easily be better than 2018 one. Especially if we get for example Hill and Noel.

1) Harris is a lot better than anyone on that roster.
2) Hill is old, but he is a very solid PG, who would be better tgan anyone from that squad for halfcourt posessions.
3) This team would have more good to great defenders.

I would like something like:

Simmons/Hill/Milton
Curry/Korkmaz/Maxey
Green/Thybulle
Harris/Ilyasova
Embiid/Noel

Thats miles better than last season and a lot better than 2018.

Sent from my G3416 using RealGM mobile app
davesilver
Junior
And1: 204

Post#12 » by davesilver » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:12 am

cool93 wrote:
Ferry Avenue wrote:If this team can get Hill and Ilyasova, it'll be in much better shape to try to replicate the season with Covington and Redick, with Green and Curry as replacements for them. That team had Ilyasova and Belinelli as key cogs.

This team would easily be better than 2018 one. Especially if we get for example Hill and Noel.

1) Harris is a lot better than anyone on that roster.
2) Hill is old, but he is a very solid PG, who would be better tgan anyone from that squad for halfcourt posessions.
3) This team would have more good to great defenders.

I would like something like:

Simmons/Hill/Milton
Curry/Korkmaz/Maxey
Green/Thybulle
Harris/Ilyasova
Embiid/Noel

Thats miles better than last season and a lot better than 2018.

Sent from my G3416 using RealGM mobile app

Love that roster. Fun as hell in the regular season, but probably not winning the conference, let alone a championship. Still, plenty of young pieces, picks, and flexibility left to make that trade to bring us to that level
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,560

Post#13 » by FireMorey » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:33 am

davesilver wrote:
PhilaOwnsBoston wrote:It's very chalky, but I think they should trade Simmons+ for Harden and add another shot creator/shooter for the bench and I honestly think they could come out of the East with Harden and Embiid.

Part of me agrees. The other part thinks it would be the mistake of a lifetime to trade a 24 year old Ben Simmons. I have no idea.

I get that but I truly don't think Ben Simmons will ever be generational unless he develops a jumper and he's shown no signs, not even an smidgen of doing so. He's legitimately one of the worst shooters in NBA history, and as a primary ball handler certainly the least willing I've ever seen.

As long as they have one guy on the court who is a primary ball handler who can't shoot, they will require someone else from the guard or wing position to be their elite shot creator, and right now I don't know how they can make that happen.

Well coached switchy defensive teams in the playoffs can always find ways to shut down teams that rely on passing, spacing, and shooting. We saw that a few years ago against the Celtics when the Sixers had no shot creators and got exposed. Harden is one of the greatest shot creators/iso players in NBA history. He'd transform this team completely.

I think it's worth the risk given the seemingly low probability Simmons ever becomes a willing or reliable shooter.
KKell2507
Starter
And1: 507

Post#14 » by KKell2507 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:50 am

BullyKing wrote:With free agency beginning (and more or less ending) tomorrow night, let's see what your ideal realistic offseason plan is. When I say realistic, I'm looking for plans that improve the team on the margins. Not Simmons trades or thinking we're trading Harris and a pick for a star.

So here's mine.

Curry
Green
Simmons
Harris
Embiid
Hill
Milton
Thybulle
Noel
Maxey
Illysova
Korkmaz
Zhaire
Joe
Reed

Posted much of this in the other thread, but this is my exact plan. Love the idea of George Hill. Wouldnt mind Korver, Belinelli, or Troy Daniels at the end of the bench as well on minimums as shooters.
deep6er
Pro Prospect
And1: 266

Post#15 » by deep6er » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:54 am

You want realistic? We probably pick through the Knicks discard pile for something cheap and maybe get Nerlens.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,649

Post#16 » by stormi » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:56 am

Irrespective of the talent of James Harden. Ben Simmons was seeking psychological help during the initial covid lockdown and then came to the bubble, hit a 3 and attempted two in a single game for the first time in his career - prior to going down with injury. Still too early to make a claim on what Simmons will or will not do, at age 24 after two and a half seasons.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,649

Post#17 » by stormi » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:56 am

deep6er wrote:You want realistic? We probably pick through the Knicks discard pile for something cheap and maybe get Nerlens.

Expecting Rivers and Noel lol
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,336

Post#18 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:24 am

Sign tristan thompson.

Then I’ll start..

Curry
Thompson
Simmons
Green
Embiid

Philadelphia Warriors
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Dnt hate
Sixth Man
And1: 899

Post#19 » by Dnt hate » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:30 am

Your forgetting a couple of factors, years of experience for Simmons and Embiid and TOBIAS HARRIS
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#20 » by TTP » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:19 am

So here's mine.

Curry
Green
Simmons
Harris
Embiid
Hill
Milton
Thybulle
Noel
Maxey
Illysova
Korkmaz
Zhaire
Joe
Reed

I'd sign Baynes over Noel but like Noel as the backup plan. I think it's important to have another big with size for when Joel is resting, injured, or in foul trouble.

Also, Baynes is just considerably better and is very underrated - he's #1 in the NBA 5 year defensive rebounding RAPM, 49th overall for RAPM (falls to 132 luck adjusted but still respectable), 22nd for DRAPM. The fact that he can somewhat stretch the floor is a bonus.

Definitely down with the George Hill trade and bringing back Ilyasova. Sign me up!
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers