ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks waiving Elfrid Payton and Kenny Wooten and not picking up option on Bobby Portis. Also, no Q.O for l Dotson

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Re: Knicks waiving Elfrid Payton and Kenny Wooten and not picking up option on Bobby Portis. Also, no Q.O for l Dotson 

Post#101 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:46 am

BadNewsBarnes wrote:Frank and DSJr aren't long for this team either...

I think they want to see who has the fight in them. The reality is Thibodeau doesn’t usually run big rotations. Maybe he’ll go 10 because it is a young team. Maybe.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,877

Re: Knicks waiving Elfrid Payton and Kenny Wooten and not picking up option on Bobby Portis. Also, no Q.O for l Dotson 

Post#102 » by Jose7 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:49 am

nyknicks09 wrote:Frank and DSjr(Clean Slate) deserve to start under Thibbs with RJ at SF, Toppin, and Mitch.

Frank needs a confidence boost.

deserve?

same cat that quit on the court every second he touched the floor last year. he's a bozo.
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,259

Post#103 » by Oscirus » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:50 am

newyorker4ever wrote:Can't believe they didn't bring my guy Dotson back. If the team that gets him gives him a legit shot he's goona thrive and be one of the better 3-D players in the NBA.

we tend to overrate these players, Dotson at best is an end of the bench cheerleader and a human victory cigar.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
NewEra
RealGM
And1: 13,323

Post#104 » by NewEra » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:52 am

Jose7 wrote:
nyknicks09 wrote:Frank and DSjr(Clean Slate) deserve to start under Thibbs with RJ at SF, Toppin, and Mitch.

deserve?

same cat that quit on the court every second he touched the floor last year. he's a bozo.

Bro check your pm lol
BAF- 2020 Champs | 2021 2k Champs
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,200

Post#105 » by Context » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:53 am

NewEra wrote:
Jose7 wrote:

deserve?

Bro check your pm lol

:lol: :lol: :lol:
best time to catch him :lol: :lol:
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
Appleshampoo
Sixth Man
And1: 899

Post#106 » by Appleshampoo » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:09 am

Jose7 wrote:

deserve?

Dennis Smith was getting hyped for a break out 2019 and folded the minute Elfrid Payton was signed. A true starter wouldn't let Elfrid Payton take that job. Every time Dennis Smith Jr has a few dud games in a row we hear about how his back hurts. Chronic back issues are either more proof he's not a starting point guard or an excuse for not that good.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,625

Post#107 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:13 am

Appleshampoo wrote:
Jose7 wrote:

deserve?

Dennis Smith was getting hyped for a break out 2019 and folded the minute Elfrid Payton was signed. A true starter wouldn't let Elfrid Payton take that job. Every time Dennis Smith Jr has a few dud games in a row we hear about how his back hurts. Chronic back issues are either more proof he's not a starting point guard or an excuse for not that good.

I also think he’s mentally weak.
Free Palestine
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,650

Post#108 » by prophet_of_rage » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:49 am

rajajackal wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:Can someone help me find the thread last year where people were defending these deals?

Also Randle better be giving thanks this year for that stupid Pills deal cause his ass should have dumped with them

i feel like everyone's silver lining was that the deals were structured so that we could do what we just did
That was always the point behind the signings. Flexibility.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk
egelband
Rookie
And1: 374

Post#109 » by egelband » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:03 am

prophet_of_rage wrote:
rajajackal wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:Can someone help me find the thread last year where people were defending these deals?

Also Randle better be giving thanks this year for that stupid Pills deal cause his ass should have dumped with them

i feel like everyone's silver lining was that the deals were structured so that we could do what we just did
That was always the point behind the signings. Flexibility.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk

Yep. In theory some of those guys could have broken out and turned into deadline trade bait. Unfortunately, no development. No game plan. No team identity.
I dunno.
matchman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,882

Post#110 » by matchman » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:16 am

King of Canada wrote:

Here you go (it's actually the link for defending all Knicks related deals)

viewforum.php?f=24

Never gonna give you up. :wink:
Are you fans of the team or the player?
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,112

Post#111 » by moocow007 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:21 am

GONYK wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:A lot of heated threads from last year culminating in this

I can't believe we gave them partially guaranteed money :rofl:

We had to sweeten the pot to get these players to accept triple what they were worth

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
nyknicks09
RealGM
And1: 3,215

Post#112 » by nyknicks09 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:54 am

Jose7 wrote:

deserve?

I meant Frank only. DSjr has no trade value and had a couple of setbacks under Fitzuck. Hopefully Thibbs and coaching staff can get around him.
New York Knicks
HighRyzer83
RealGM
And1: 4,487

Post#113 » by HighRyzer83 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:59 am

ny-n-md wrote:
drj wrote:Surprised about Wooten, thought he might have a chance. Plus he was earning the min, right? I guess we decided he's just not NBA caliber??

I hope we resign him. Not sure why they let all of the bigs go.

Because they all sucked but Wooten was a gem I thought. I just think rose knows nothing about him or cares.
ny-n-md
Sixth Man
And1: 1,386

Post#114 » by ny-n-md » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:08 am

HighRyzer83 wrote:
ny-n-md wrote:
drj wrote:Surprised about Wooten, thought he might have a chance. Plus he was earning the min, right? I guess we decided he's just not NBA caliber??

I hope we resign him. Not sure why they let all of the bigs go.

Because they all sucked but Wooten was a gem I thought. I just think rose knows nothing about him or cares.

I think they wanted the cap space to make some sort of splash in free agency but that has been a dud so far. I hope they waived Wooten to give his 2 way spot to Myles Powell and will just sign him to an NBA roster spot contract.
JUST PLAY THE KIDS ALREADY!!!!!
ny-n-md
Sixth Man
And1: 1,386

Post#115 » by ny-n-md » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:41 am

How can the draft go so great and free agency go so horrible?!?!?

Wooten gets picked up off waivers by Houston too?!?!?

Next we will announce resigning Taj to a 1 year $25M deal
JUST PLAY THE KIDS ALREADY!!!!!
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,461

Post#116 » by Fat Kat » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:40 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:KNICKS WAIVING PAYTON?????

OMFG THIS IS THE HAPPIEST I'VE EVER FELT.

Should've kept Ellington and Dot is a keeper though, but whatever EL FRAUD IS OFF MY DAMN TEAM THANK YOU LORD.

All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®

Return to New York Knicks