Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,180

Re: [Shams] Warriors/Thunder in Serious Talks for Oubre 

Post#181 » by clyde21 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:23 am

azwfan wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
azwfan wrote:I really have no idea. Even though we are talented, most of the better players on the team havent played together.

Curry, Green, Wiggins, Wiseman, Oubre... hmm... who are our other good players? haha

remember, Steph led us to 51 wins back in 2014 under Jackson with a really young team...don't underestimate how hard he can carry this team, especially when people are overlooking it.

Didn't we have a lot of vets on that team? Bogut, David Lee, Landry (i think), Jarrett Jack (i think). I don't know. I love Steph, but I think we may get off to a somewhat slow start which could put us in enough of a hole to not convey the pick (but still make the playoffs). Or maybe I'm just being greedy.

Landry/Jack weren't on that team

it was Bogut/Lee/Iguodala

but all of them missed like 20 games each
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,233

Post#182 » by xdrta+ » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:24 am

Hopper15 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
Hopper15 wrote:They can sign Oubre for two to four year deal using Early Bird rights up to just above $25M starting.

Why wouldn't his full Bird rights come with him if he's traded?

He's only on a two year deal from Phoenix. I'm assuming that was a FA deal and not after a trade on his rookie deal.

He was traded from the Wizards to the Suns.
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#183 » by Hopper15 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:24 am

kingcong95 wrote:2. We do indeed have full Bird rights on Oubre. His current contract was only 2 years, but the Suns acquired him via trade (coming off his rookie scale contract) and already had the corresponding Bird rights.

Good looking out. Thanks.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#184 » by azwfan » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:25 am

xdrta+ wrote:
Hopper15 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
Why wouldn't his full Bird rights come with him if he's traded?

He's only on a two year deal from Phoenix. I'm assuming that was a FA deal and not after a trade on his rookie deal.

He was traded from the Wizards to the Suns.

Hopper needs to get his facts straight. :lol:
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#185 » by Kuya » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:25 am

This was an amazing move by Myers

Our offense will look different, but will still look great with Stephs usage going up with Klay out and Steph utilizing 2 extremely athletic wings in Oubre and Wiggins

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,689

Post#186 » by DAWill1128 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:29 am

Can we still blitz teams with a small ball lineup? I feel like that team would be a pain the ass for other teams, Paschall is an animal when he gets going.

C Green
PF Paschall
SF Oubre
SG Wiggins
PG Curry
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,801

Post#187 » by whatisacenter » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:33 am

have the Warriors ever been this long and athletic as they will be with Wiseman, Wiggins and Oubre?
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,387

Post#188 » by ILOVEIT » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:35 am

We got younger and I think that's key for the team having energy again. Wiggins, Oubre, Wiseman, Nico, Paschall...all these guys are going to be fired up and playing hard. And...they are all extremely skilled.

I think what we are all thinking is "who is going to pull up from 30 on the fast break other than Curry?!" lol.

This team should be coached defensively as the all hands and length team....the passing lanes will not be safe!

I feel so much better than just yesterday.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,387

Post#189 » by ILOVEIT » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:37 am

whatisacenter wrote:have the Warriors ever been this long and athletic as they will be with Wiseman, Wiggins and Oubre?

I think Iggy and Livingston sort of gave the Warriors that. It's good to have that again....

No...Warriors aren't the favorites at this point on paper. But when I think of this crew going up against a 36 year old Lebron and AD....very confident that this team of greyhounds will run them off the court.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,689

Post#190 » by DAWill1128 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:46 am

Maybe I am a homer, probably am but I think we could take the Clippers in a series. Clippers ball movement was terrible last year, great one on one players. Also thought the Clippers team defense was worse than the sum of its part due to bad team defensive communication. Actually think the Mavs are better, just the Luka/KP injuries did them in.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,556

Post#191 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:51 am

I honestly have no idea how good (or bad) we are at this point, but I'm pretty convinced we'll be interesting.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#192 » by Little Digger » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:08 am

It will be a big deal if Wiggins offseason shooting drills pays off

I only go off what I’ve seen from him here with our Warriors ..So far I love the kid.
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#193 » by Old_Blue » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:10 am

I wonder if we gave up Minny's 2nd round pick as part of the two conditional 2nd rounders. Not that it matters tremendously. Just curious.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#194 » by GQ Hot Dog » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:12 am

Little Digger wrote:It will be a big deal if Wiggins offseason shooting drills pays off

I only go off what I’ve seen from him here with our Warriors ..So far I love the kid.

Just stumbled upon this to remind you why we drafted James "Klay Thompson" Wiseman.

[url][/url]
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
B-King
Rookie
And1: 204

Post#195 » by B-King » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:25 am

Excellent pick up and kudos to the FO & ownership for keeping the team relevant! I am disappointed for Klay and excited at the same time to see what we have in Wiseman, Oubre and Wiggins with an almost full cast.

The Warriors are all in for at least the next three years. The tax bill after the run with the crew is going to be huge!
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#196 » by Mylie10 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:27 am

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:I honestly have no idea how good (or bad) we are at this point, but I'm pretty convinced we'll be interesting.

My goal is 5th seed and possibly knock a team or two out.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,210

Post#197 » by Onus » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:39 am

If they can settle into their roles this team can be a championship team. We need another player but Curry, Wiggins, Oubre, Green is a great 4.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Frozzy
Starter
And1: 2,020

Post#198 » by Frozzy » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:03 am

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
Little Digger wrote:It will be a big deal if Wiggins offseason shooting drills pays off

Just stumbled upon this to remind you why we drafted James "Klay Thompson" Wiseman.

[url][/url]

4 lowlights from High School? I get people crapping on Wiseman for his workout videos but handpicked lowlights don't do it for me either. You could do the same for just about any player in the league.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,801

Post#199 » by whatisacenter » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:13 am

Frozzy wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:

[url][/url]

4 lowlights from High School? I get people crapping on Wiseman for his workout videos but handpicked lowlights don't do it for me either. You could do the same for just about any player in the league.

yeah, and some of those defenses were giving Wiseman the Curry treatment and playing a box and 1 against him. I think he will have a little more room to operate playing with Curry.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#200 » by InWestWeTrust » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:18 am

Frozzy wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:

[url][/url]

Yeah I like this better

Return to Golden State Warriors