Image ImageImage Image

OT: COVID-19 thread #3

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

bullocks
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: OT: COVID-19 thread #3 

Post#1081 » by bullocks » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:14 am

Ccwatercraft wrote:its weird to see so many without a mask, I haven't seen that in months especially in an article showing people in long lines buying shutdown provisions, its just out of place.

Surgical masks tested at 60% to 80% filtration of particles as small as 0.3 microns. N95’s are said to filter out 95% of particles as small as 0.3 microns. The Wuhan Flu is .125 microns big. Respiratory droplets are as small as .5 microns. Viruses are also said to be able to invade the body through skin pores and the eyes. And if you can smell smoke (.4 to .7 microns) through a mask then it isn’t protecting you from a virus. I'd say it's weird to see people with a mask as they're pretty much useless for the purpose of virus protection.
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#1082 » by Ccwatercraft » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:18 am

jnrjr79 wrote:
jordanwilliams6 wrote:
Ccwatercraft wrote:I've heard many times how serious Australia was about addressing covid.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/panic-buying-across-south-australia-as-state-goes-into-lockdown/ar-BB1b749s?pfr=1&c=1926525302346318136&mkt=en-us+

Happen to stumble across this link, not really familiar with the source, but what shocked me a bit was the pictures, mask compliance appears to be shockingly low. I haven't seen compliance that low here in Florida since maybe Mid March and we don't have a mandate. If I walked into a store and saw that many faces without masks I'd walk right back out.

South Australia hasn't had a single Covid case amongst the community for months so masks have not been required and they've been living a normal life. There's been a small outbreak (at this stage) and masks are now mandatory as of today.

In Melbourne masks have been mandatory for months and the compliance is probably 99.9%. I honestly haven't seen anybody not complying.

We were in Australia on vacation in January. On our way back home, we landed at SFO and there were warnings on the tv monitors in baggage claim about "coronavirus" and I remember thinking "huh, what's coronavirus?" That feels like a million years ago. People asked when we were heading over whether we were worried about the bush fires. It turns out we should have been worried to come home!

Australia has done an awesome job of things. I look at my friends' Instagrams in Perth, and it's like they live in some utopian parallel universe where people can go see friends, have fun, eat at restaurants, go to bars, etc. It's really remarkable to see the contrast.

It really just struck me as out of place given all the positive things I've read but the previous explanation helped.

I'm not having difficulty having fun without restaurants and bars, they are still open we just cut back, still plenty of other things to do.
bullocks
Ballboy

Post#1083 » by bullocks » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:48 am

Informative interview from July on how the lockdown caused a humanitarian crisis in Britain.

"The lockdown was one of the most restrictive measures ever introduced since Britain became a democracy. It was originally justified on the basis of ‘flattening the curve’ to protect the NHS. But since this was achieved some time ago, new reasons are always produced to keep us at home or prevent people from carrying out normal activities. Many of our legal rights are being infringed as a result. A legal challenge to the lockdown was launched by businessman Simon Dolan, who sought a judicial review of the government’s policies. Francis Hoar is a barrister who worked on his team. spiked caught up with him to ask why he thinks the lockdown was unlawful, and what damage he feels it has done."

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/07/31/the-lockdown-has-caused-a-humanitarian-tragedy/
bullocks
Ballboy

Post#1084 » by bullocks » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:51 am

Interesting article comparing actual pandemics to the current so-called pandemic.

"But I have yet to come across anybody who has vivid memories of the pandemics of 1957 or 1968. Countries did not resort to any mass-scale economic lockdowns, enforce any long-lasting school closures, ban sports events, or cut flight schedules deeply.

Today’s pandemic has led to a deep (50 to 90 percent) reduction in flights, but during the earlier pandemics, aviation was marked by notable advances. On 17 October 1958, half a year after the end of the second pandemic wave in the West and about a year before the pandemic ended (in Chile, the last holdout), PanAm inaugurated its Boeing 707 jet service to Europe. And the Boeing 747, the first wide-body jetliner, entered scheduled service months before the last wave of the contemporary pandemic ended, in March 1970."

https://spectrum.ieee.org/tech-history/heroic-failures/pandemic-memories-and-mortalities
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,852

Post#1085 » by Dresden » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:17 am

bullocks wrote:
Ccwatercraft wrote:its weird to see so many without a mask, I haven't seen that in months especially in an article showing people in long lines buying shutdown provisions, its just out of place.

Surgical masks tested at 60% to 80% filtration of particles as small as 0.3 microns. N95’s are said to filter out 95% of particles as small as 0.3 microns. The Wuhan Flu is .125 microns big. Respiratory droplets are as small as .5 microns. Viruses are also said to be able to invade the body through skin pores and the eyes. And if you can smell smoke (.4 to .7 microns) through a mask then it isn’t protecting you from a virus. I'd say it's weird to see people with a mask as they're pretty much useless for the purpose of virus protection.

This is absolutely false, and dangerous to be spreading around. Masks make a huge difference in stopping infection- numerous lab tests have shown this conclusively. It's not just a matter of a few virus particles getting through a mask- the dose is also important. Something that filters out the vast majority of droplets is still protecting you- it will lower your viral load to the point where your body can fight off the few virus particles that might get through a mask.

This just goes against all the science that's been done on containing the virus.
bullocks
Ballboy

Post#1086 » by bullocks » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:24 am

Dresden wrote:
bullocks wrote:

This is absolutely false, and dangerous to be spreading around. Masks make a huge difference in stopping infection- numerous lab tests have shown this conclusively. It's not just a matter of a few virus particles getting through a mask- the dose is also important. Something that filters out the vast majority of droplets is still protecting you- it will lower your viral load to the point where your body can fight off the few virus particles that might get through a mask.

This just goes against all the science that's been done on containing the virus.

Why do you think your information is more credible than mine? Incidentally, do you notice masks being disposed of as hazardous waste?
bullocks
Ballboy

Post#1087 » by bullocks » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:28 am

Dr. uses vape clouds to illustrate how masks do not work

https://www.bitchute.com/video/nMScSBxdLtBQ/
bullocks
Ballboy

Post#1088 » by bullocks » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:37 am

Non-medical face coverings don't protect from COVID-19 | PPE instructor Chris Schaefer speaks out

https://www.bitchute.com/video/xupXpQbRhE8/
detlef_schrempf
Junior
And1: 489

Post#1089 » by detlef_schrempf » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:38 am

Can someone ban this moron?

Sincerely,
Your local MD
DO THE DEW!
bullocks
Ballboy

Post#1090 » by bullocks » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:50 am

Tucker Carlson - New CDC Data that shows Ineffectiveness of Masks in Preventing Coronavirus

https://www.bitchute.com/video/0La0jNm9aBJE/
bullocks
Ballboy

Post#1091 » by bullocks » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:56 am

Dr Scott Jensen Investigated by Medical Board for telling the wrong facts about COVID
https://www.bitchute.com/video/LFXm3fLbiW4k/?list=favorites&randomize=false

Emergency Doctor, Simone Gold MD, found herself censored and even fired from the hospitals she practiced at for speaking out on the use of Hydroxychloroquine.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/ZxatMFcRRM4b/?list=favorites&randomize=false
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#1092 » by RedBulls23 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:00 am

bullocks wrote:
ImSlower wrote:My town's facebook group has blocked all commenting on Covid related updates, as half the town are furious about irresponsible people, and half the people are furious at Pritzker for shutting down suffering small businesses yet again with no talk of financial support. It's just such a terrible damn situation all around. May these vaccines be a godsend next year.

Vaccines are unnecessary not only because the the Wuhan flu is similar to the seasonal flu and has a 99% survival rate through ages up to 74 after which it has a 94% survival rate but also because doctors have had success with HCQ. When things don't add up, there are political reasons.

You're posting a lot of misinformation at this point, and on top of that you're also resorting to xenophobia by calling it the Wuhan Flu.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops

Return to Chicago Bulls