ImageImageImageImageImage

With the 29th Pick in the 2020 NBA Draft the Toronto Raptors Select: Malachi Flynn

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

LJKO
RealGM
And1: 16,356

Re: With the 29th Pick in the 2020 NBA Draft the Toronto Raptors Select: Malachi Flynn 

Post#341 » by LJKO » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:19 am

Psubs wrote:
Jcity08 wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:it means we don't have to run McCaw at PG anymore right? those were the golden days.

we actually have a legit backup to Lowry now. hopefully.

We have a guard that isn't afraid to use floaters to score over lengthy defenders.

The floater isn't easy but if a player can perfect it, that **** is almost unguardable, especially if they are good at control their speed and have the ability to stop on a dime.

:droop:

Those Drives and Floaters look like Dragic-like :droop:
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 18,771

Re: With the 29th Pick in the 2020 NBA Draft the Toronto Raptors Select: Malachi Flynn 

Post#342 » by DelAbbot » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:05 am

He looks like Brandon Roy.
isyed
Starter
And1: 313

Post#343 » by isyed » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:50 am

How about John Stockton. Same size and defensive potential. Weaker passer but slightly better shooter?

Ofcourse don't think he can be as good as him but similar cerebral player at that size?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using RealGM mobile app
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,116

Post#344 » by God Squad » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:29 am

Brandon Roy? John Stockton? Damien Lillard?

Jeebus help us lol
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#345 » by RaptorsNorth » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:22 pm

isyed wrote:How about John Stockton. Same size and defensive potential. Weaker passer but slightly better shooter?

Ofcourse don't think he can be as good as him but similar cerebral player at that size?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using RealGM mobile app
it’s a good comparison. At least you basically said a poor mans version of John and didn’t go full Lakers fan delusional mode.

This is classic Lakers fans :lol: what kills me is the number of likes from laker fans on the video :lol: I mean Demar has great foot work but you can’t post a video of this man and say that’s Demar if he joins the Lakers :lol:

Read on Twitter
?s=20
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
RaptorsNorth
RealGM

Post#346 » by RaptorsNorth » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:39 pm

LJKO wrote:
Psubs wrote:
Jcity08 wrote:
We have a guard that isn't afraid to use floaters to score over lengthy defenders.

The floater isn't easy but if a player can perfect it, that **** is almost unguardable, especially if they are good at control their speed and have the ability to stop on a dime.

Those Drives and Floaters look like Dragic-like :droop:
nah we don’t rate dirty players that try to injure our players around here. We only rate players thats been on super teams :lol:

all jokes aside Nash and Rose were just on another level with the floaters. Don’t forget Rondo. That’s all he really had :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
RaptorsNorth
RealGM

Post#348 » by RaptorsNorth » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:41 pm

Knicks writer.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,042

Post#349 » by WuTang_OG » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:03 pm

Tortiglioni wrote:https://actasports.com/statoftheweekthe-biggest-steal-of-the-2020-nba-draft/

Good article.

The pandemic helped teams like the Raps who are excellent at scouting. The raps just do it on another level.

Masai and co. playing chess while others playing checkers.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,755

Post#350 » by ItsDanger » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:40 pm

Watching more of his highlights, I see a lot of Chris Paul influence in his game.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
execoftheyear
Analyst
And1: 2,170

Post#351 » by execoftheyear » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:16 pm

I was hyped from the limited highlights until I came across this video. I now see the Patty Mills comparisons. The man is not afraid to shoot but isn't really a lights out shooter and he's not very good at finishing at the rim. There were quite a few airballs in these highlights and a ton of bricks that were way off, not really encouraging. If he can't make those shots at a respectable rate at the NBA level, he might just end up being an inefficient chucker. I really hope I'm wrong. Right now, Payton Pritchard looks like the better prospect imo, was really hoping he'd fall to us.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,545

Post#352 » by Psubs » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:36 pm

execoftheyear wrote:

I was hyped from the limited highlights until I came across this video. I now see the Patty Mills comparisons. The man is not afraid to shoot but isn't really a lights out shooter and he's not very good at finishing at the rim. There were quite a few airballs in these highlights and a ton of bricks that were way off, not really encouraging. If he can't make those shots at a respectable rate at the NBA level, he might just end up being an inefficient chucker. I really hope I'm wrong. Right now, Payton Pritchard looks like the better prospect imo, was really hoping he'd fall to us.

Patty Mills is a small SG.

Flynn is the #1 option, so he had to shoot more, but can run an offense and is 1 of the best P&R PG's.

Pritchard might be a better shooter but Flynn seems able to do more things on offense.
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,456

Post#353 » by DG88 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:46 pm

ItsDanger wrote:Watching more of his highlights, I see a lot of Chris Paul influence in his game.

One the players he watches film on.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,915

Post#354 » by ATLTimekeeper » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:53 pm

Psubs wrote:

Flynn is the #1 option, so he had to shoot more, but can run an offense and is 1 of the best P&R PG's.

Pritchard might be a better shooter but Flynn seems able to do more things on offense.

Yeah, Patty Mills running offense is a starter. That'd be a terrific pick.

Pritchard is going to be annoying to play against. Can't cry too hard about players picked ahead of us.
execoftheyear
Analyst
And1: 2,170

Post#355 » by execoftheyear » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:54 pm

Psubs wrote:
execoftheyear wrote:

Fair enough but some of these shots are flat out awful. He shoots a lot of stand still shots with a hand in his face but I guess shot selection can be corrected and shooting can be improved. I do like his ability to knife his way into the paint off the pick and roll though, he seems to be really good at splitting the defense. I still think Pritchard is the better ball handler though and the better overall player.
Kinger95
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,730

Post#356 » by Kinger95 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:07 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:
Psubs wrote:

Pritchard is going to be annoying to play against. Can't cry too hard about players picked ahead of us.

Pritchard is white and will be a dellavadova type.
Flynn is “light skinned” and the sky’s the limit.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,545

Post#357 » by Psubs » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:25 pm

Kinger95 wrote:
ATLTimekeeper wrote:
Psubs wrote:

Pritchard is white and will be a dellavadova type.
Flynn is “light skinned” and the sky’s the limit.

Ridnour vs Bibby.
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,587

Post#358 » by Son Goku 25 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:23 pm

Psubs wrote:
Jcity08 wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:it means we don't have to run McCaw at PG anymore right? those were the golden days.

we actually have a legit backup to Lowry now. hopefully.

So we basically got Steph Curry
Read
VC15Era
Bench Warmer
And1: 865

Post#359 » by VC15Era » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:30 pm

my question is will there be official updated rosters for NBA 2K21?
Madvillainy2004
Head Coach
And1: 7,131

Post#360 » by Madvillainy2004 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:55 pm

VC15Era wrote:my question is will there be official updated rosters for NBA 2K21?

I'm not on next gen yet but I saw they added the rookies to the My Team mode so probably waiting for after FA for a big roster update. Face scans will probably be horrible for the non top 10 picks tho lolll

Return to Toronto Raptors