ImageImageImage

What's Your Realistic Offseason Plan?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Re: What's Your Realistic Offseason Plan? 

Post#21 » by TTP » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:36 am

cool93 wrote:
Ferry Avenue wrote:If this team can get Hill and Ilyasova, it'll be in much better shape to try to replicate the season with Covington and Redick, with Green and Curry as replacements for them. That team had Ilyasova and Belinelli as key cogs.

We're still talking about a 2nd round exit there, but that's better than the 1st round exit we'd see without that key bench help.
This team would easily be better than 2018 one. Especially if we get for example Hill and Noel.

1) Harris is a lot better than anyone on that roster.
2) Hill is old, but he is a very solid PG, who would be better tgan anyone from that squad for halfcourt posessions.
3) This team would have more good to great defenders.

I would like something like:

Simmons/Hill/Milton
Curry/Korkmaz/Maxey
Green/Thybulle
Harris/Ilyasova
Embiid/Noel

Thats miles better than last season and a lot better than 2018.

Sent from my G3416 using RealGM mobile app

There's no way Harris is better now than Covington was in 2017-18. Covington was #1 in the NBA in RAPM that season and it's extremely difficult to replace what he provided defensively. It's probably a hot take here but Covington is a better player now too.

I agree though that this team can be better than that 2018 team, mostly because Harris should be a big upgrade over Saric, our two stars are better, and our bench should be better as well.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#22 » by Sixerscan » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:26 pm

I'd be good with Ilyasova but it wouldn't surprise me if Morey tried to bring in Jeff Green after he played pretty well in Houston. He played a lot of small ball center for them too which I assume we'll play more of when Embiid is out this year.

I think he's gonna hold off on trading the expirings for now, you want to give Shake and Maxey the chance to prove they deserve big roles in the rotation. Plus who knows if a wing or big get hurt and that becomes a more pressing concern. Hill is potentially a good fit but I think they wait until the deadline to make a move like that.

Baynes is probably better than Nerlens but I think Baynes probably thinks he can start somewhere. If Nerlens is committing to be the backup now I don't think you waste time locking him up. Plus Embiid has always been kind of a jerk to Baynes wouldn't surprise me if there was beef there.

I assume Morey will also sign some Neto-like solid if unspectacular guard for the minimum that people get way too mad about Doc playing. Let's go with Derrick Walton since he played for Doc last year.

I think Joe gets a Hinkie special but Reed is on a 2 way for roster spot reasons.

Edit: Actually looking at this more, realized when I initially did this I forgot Furkan. So I guess Joe might still be on a two way and they cut Mathias? Or they don't sign an extra guard, or they dump someone else. Not sure, I'm gonna leave an extra person on the roster and leave it open for Morey to make a move (which seems like a pretty safe bet).

So:

Nerlens 3/15
Joe 2 year 2 way deal or leftover MLE Hinkie Special
Reed 2 year 2 way deal
Jeff Green minimum
Walton minimum

Embiid/Noel/Reed(2)
Harris/JGreen/Scott
Simmons/Thybulle/Zhaire/Joe(2?)
DGreen/Furkan/Ferguson//Mathias(2)
Milton/Curry/Maxey/Walton
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,965

Post#23 » by ankle420breaker » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:39 pm

Jeff Green or Ilyasova would both be massive depth upgrades.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#24 » by Sixerscan » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:41 pm

Green also played for Doc both in Boston and LA.

Vin Fosh if you are reading this, tweet that Jeff Green is signing with the Sixers.
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#25 » by VDT » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:54 pm

cool93 wrote:
Ferry Avenue wrote:If this team can get Hill and Ilyasova, it'll be in much better shape to try to replicate the season with Covington and Redick, with Green and Curry as replacements for them. That team had Ilyasova and Belinelli as key cogs.

We're still talking about a 2nd round exit there, but that's better than the 1st round exit we'd see without that key bench help.
This team would easily be better than 2018 one. Especially if we get for example Hill and Noel.

1) Harris is a lot better than anyone on that roster.
2) Hill is old, but he is a very solid PG, who would be better tgan anyone from that squad for halfcourt posessions.
3) This team would have more good to great defenders.

I would like something like:

Simmons/Hill/Milton
Curry/Korkmaz/Maxey
Green/Thybulle
Harris/Ilyasova
Embiid/Noel

Thats miles better than last season and a lot better than 2018.

Sent from my G3416 using RealGM mobile app

The East was much weaker in 2018. The same team could easily be the 6th seed now instead of the 3rd, which is why i am not that enthusiastic with the team at the moment.
kriss73
Analyst
And1: 1,811

Post#26 » by kriss73 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:46 pm

Sixerscan wrote:I'd be good with Ilyasova but it wouldn't surprise me if Morey tried to bring in Jeff Green after he played pretty well in Houston. He played a lot of small ball center for them too which I assume we'll play more of when Embiid is out this year.

I think he's gonna hold off on trading the expirings for now, you want to give Shake and Maxey the chance to prove they deserve big roles in the rotation. Plus who knows if a wing or big get hurt and that becomes a more pressing concern. Hill is potentially a good fit but I think they wait until the deadline to make a move like that.

Baynes is probably better than Nerlens but I think Baynes probably thinks he can start somewhere. If Nerlens is committing to be the backup now I don't think you waste time locking him up. Plus Embiid has always been kind of a jerk to Baynes wouldn't surprise me if there was beef there.

I assume Morey will also sign some Neto-like solid if unspectacular guard for the minimum that people get way too mad about Doc playing. Let's go with Derrick Walton since he played for Doc last year.

I think Joe gets a Hinkie special but Reed is on a 2 way for roster spot reasons.

Edit: Actually looking at this more, realized when I initially did this I forgot Furkan. So I guess Joe might still be on a two way and they cut Mathias? Or they don't sign an extra guard, or they dump someone else. Not sure, I'm gonna leave an extra person on the roster and leave it open for Morey to make a move (which seems like a pretty safe bet).

So:

Nerlens 5/15
Joe 2 year 2 way deal or leftover MLE Hinkie Special
Reed 2 year 2 way deal
Jeff Green minimum
Walton minimum

Embiid/Noel/Reed(2)
Harris/JGreen/Scott
Simmons/Thybulle/Zhaire/Joe(2?)
DGreen/Furkan/Ferguson//Mathias(2)
Milton/Curry/Maxey/Walton

I like it a lot!

Maybe some different PG on the minimum? Teague? Dellavedova? Wanamaker? Mudiay?

This would let us with Ferguson (4M), Green (16M), Scott (5M), Z.Smith (4M): it's almost 30M in expiring contracts that , paired with some young gun (Tisse, Shake, Maxey) and some (LOL ) picks, they could be useful for any deal at the trade deadline.
Someone said Washington?
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,792

Post#27 » by Negrodamus » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:54 pm

Trade Tobias and Shake to the Bulls for Porter and Hutchison. Sign Noel. Sign Jeff Teague. Sign Jeff Green

Simmons/Teague/Maxey
Curry/Maxey
Green/Thybulle/Hutchison
Porter/Green
Embiid/Noel

Obviously the key here is versatility. Having shooters like Porter and Jeff Green at PF and Embiid at C allows for optionality on the wings. I put Simmons as a non-shooter and Maxey, Thybulle, Hutchison in limited shooting (however there's upside for all three), but Teague, Danny Green, and Curry have been good to great shooters in their careers.

What Maxey and Hutchison lack in shooting, they make up in creating on offense. When Ben is off the floor, one or both can spell him and take on a more primary option in half court offense.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,527

Post#28 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:54 pm

Noel back and I'm good.

If not. Trade Scott and Zhaire. Or play Zhaire 20 minutes a night for 10 games. Court or cut bait.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers