Re: 2020-21 roster thread 

Post#41 » by Swift21 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:58 pm

Read on Twitter
tal57
Junior
And1: 93

Post#42 » by tal57 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:01 pm

I would love to get McDermott but does Indy want to trade him and what do the dubs have to give up for him to satisfy them?
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 259

Post#43 » by ShayDee » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:03 pm

Depending on if the FO doesn't think we need another big, what the FO does with Nico and how they view Poole now coming into this season now that Klay is injured, we have 3 specific needs on this roster to be closer to a sure contender

Back up Combo guard, mainly able to play along side Curry on the same floor and not a complete offensive liability. Previously we had someone like Shaun

Back up Combo forward, in case Draymond sits/gets nicked. Also would help to defend the better wings in the league incase Wiggins/Oubre not holding up

Shooting from the wing, either a SG/SF that is not a complete liability on D

You wanna legit pro go get Rose

You wanna legit shooter McDermott 44% from 3, and has a great off ball game

You want defense at the point guard spot, Beverly

You want a dog, go get Tucker

Mylie had some good options, unfortunately we can only get one of them, we have to fill the rest of the bench with minimum players

I'm not sure what the main priority is in terms of the need, but I will say a back up Combo guard should be the top, because if we have to rely on plays from Lee, Poole, Nico, Ky, then we might have a very bad time

I'm not sure about Rose. I like him, but his defense and health is the main issue. Do we not really care much about the point we give up? Then Rose is the man. Some other options are Kris Dunn, Shaq Harrison, Austin Rivers, George Hill, Avery Bradley

Combo Forward options PJ Tucker, Crowder, Moe Harkless, Milsap, JaMychal Green, Jeff Green, Taj Gibson, Saric

Shooting options Doug McDermott, Galloway, Tony Snell(If bought out, Hawks can do one for us), Wayne Ellington, Reggie Bullock
Garret Temple, Glenn Rob III(I do not count him as a shooter), Burks(Maybe?), KCP, Wes Matthews, Bazemore(Hustle guy maybe)

A roster like this could work

Steph / Rivers / Poole
Oubre / Lee / GRIII / Klay?
Wiggins / McDermott / Tucker
Green / Paschall / Smailagic
Wiseman / Looeny / Chriss

Steph / Rose / Poole
Wiggins / Jeff Green /

Steph / Rivers / Poole
Wiggins / Crowder /
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#44 » by Hopper15 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:04 pm

tal57 wrote:I would love to get McDermott but does Indy want to trade him and what do the dubs have to give up for him to satisfy them?

Boston may want to dump him if he's part of a Hayward sign and trade. Let's get a 2nd rounder too. We can throw in the rights to Colonel Jessup.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 363

Post#45 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:05 pm

ClutchUp wrote:What do you do with Smailagic? Nothing against the kid but he's super raw and taking up a roster spot that would be more useful for a vet.

Ideally you would rather have him on a two way deal.

There are a couple who disagree with having Smiley around (Scoots1994, whatisacenter, and Chris Porter's Hair). Good young kid who I can wait to develop, but I'd say trade him for a future 2nd round pick so we can fill out our roster with necessary pieces. He's deserving of playing time elsewhere with the glut of 5s we have at this point.
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#46 » by Hopper15 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:05 pm

Swift21 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I tried to tell y'all.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,977

Post#47 » by zimpy27 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:06 pm

clyde21 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:starting 5 heading into the season right now:

Stephen Curry
Andrew Wiggins
Kelly Oubre
Draymond Green
James Wiseman

who rounds out the top 8? Paschall, Chriss and Lee?

It might be overly simplistic but the great GSW teams pre-Durant were 40%+ from 3 as a team. The GSW teams with Durant were 38%+ from 3 as a team. Last year th GSW team were 33% from 3 as a team.

What 3% do you expect the team above to have? Looking like Steph at 40% and the rest of the team will be like 31%..

yea, that's rough, after Steph we don't have any reliable shooter at this point, Lee shot 36% last year at 5+ attempts so it's not bad, if he stays around the same range that'll work, but we're gonna need one of Nico, Poole, or Mulder to really go off.

I always felt like that one of the key ways Kerr made a huge difference was by unlocking Green offensively. Utilizing his playmaking in the middle of the court to create gravity with Curry and Klay running for the spot up 3 and Barnes/Iggy in the corner 3 spot.

My fear is without a second knockdown shooter with Curry that Green will not regain his offensive value. I thought a knockdown shooter with defensive limitations would have been better than Oubre. Redick or McDermott for example.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 259

Post#48 » by ShayDee » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:06 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
ClutchUp wrote:What do you do with Smailagic? Nothing against the kid but he's super raw and taking up a roster spot that would be more useful for a vet.

Ideally you would rather have him on a two way deal.

There are a couple who disagree with having Smiley around (Scoots1994, whatisacenter, and Chris Porter's Hair). Good young kid who I can wait to develop, but I'd say trade him for a future 2nd round pick so we can fill out our roster with necessary pieces. He's deserving of playing time elsewhere with the glut of 5s we have at this point.

Yea I would trade him. It's just unfortunate, but we have many projects on our roster already and he has the lowest ceiling and is just clogging up a roster spot of a very important position we need
ClutchUp
Junior
And1: 121

Post#49 » by ClutchUp » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:07 pm

Who's next?

Read on Twitter
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,150

Post#50 » by TB » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:08 pm

tal57 wrote:I would love to get McDermott but does Indy want to trade him and what do the dubs have to give up for him to satisfy them?

Can use the DPE if they need to shed salary to chase Gordon Hayward :dontknow:
ClutchUp
Junior

Post#51 » by ClutchUp » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:12 pm

Hopper15 wrote:
Swift21 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I tried to tell y'all.

I think Bowman had no guaranteed money on his deal or am i wrong?
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#52 » by Hopper15 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:15 pm

ClutchUp wrote:
Hopper15 wrote:
Swift21 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I tried to tell y'all.

Non guaranteed as are Mulder and JTA.

Warriors doing him a solid by letting him go early to find another possible home before camp opens.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,197

Post#53 » by clyde21 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:17 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
It might be overly simplistic but the great GSW teams pre-Durant were 40%+ from 3 as a team. The GSW teams with Durant were 38%+ from 3 as a team. Last year th GSW team were 33% from 3 as a team.

What 3% do you expect the team above to have? Looking like Steph at 40% and the rest of the team will be like 31%..

yea, that's rough, after Steph we don't have any reliable shooter at this point, Lee shot 36% last year at 5+ attempts so it's not bad, if he stays around the same range that'll work, but we're gonna need one of Nico, Poole, or Mulder to really go off.

I always felt like that one of the key ways Kerr made a huge difference was by unlocking Green offensively. Utilizing his playmaking in the middle of the court to create gravity with Curry and Klay running for the spot up 3 and Barnes/Iggy in the corner 3 spot.

My fear is without a second knockdown shooter with Curry that Green will not regain his offensive value. I thought a knockdown shooter with defensive limitations would have been better than Oubre. Redick or McDermott for example.

completely agree -- but I think at this point Dray should focus more on defense and we should put more Steph on-ball, problem is right now we have no one to really run offense outside Steph/Dray...the other is Nico but we're talking about a 2nd round rook.
ClutchUp
Junior

Post#54 » by ClutchUp » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:20 pm

Hopper15 wrote:
ClutchUp wrote:
Hopper15 wrote:I tried to tell y'all.

Warriors doing him a solid by letting him go early to find another possible home before camp opens.

Thanks.

Mulder and Anderson may be next to be waived. Maybe they are options as two way players.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 363

Post#55 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:20 pm

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/sources-warriors-eyeing-four-free-agent-bigs-after-james-wiseman-pick?cid=Yahoo&partner=ya4nbcs

Reports out saying Warriors eyeing for a big. Do you think Serge Ibaka will take the MLE ($6 mil)? Then D-Rose with DPE ($9.3 mil)?

Curry / Rose / Mannion
Wiggins / Poole / Lee / Klay*
Oubre /
Green / Paschall
Wiseman / Ibaka / Looney / Chriss / Smiley

Mulder and Tuscano likely gone. We still need shooters at 3 and 4. Ibaka would be nice, but God dam, we'd have so many bigs...
tal57
Junior
And1: 93

Post#56 » by tal57 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:22 pm

My concerns and what I would like to see the Warriors get are in that order:

Veteran big- With supposed abundance of the bigs the dubs have there is still not a single guy that you can rely on with an absolute certainty (including Wiseman, simply for being a 19 year old rookie). The two guys I would prefer are Gasol and Baynes in that order. DH is my distant third choice. Sort out the abundance of bigs later by maybe trading Looney.

Backup point-Regardless of whether they will cut or keep Bowman, they need the legit reliable backup to Curry (again, nothing against Mannion but totally unproven at this point). At this moment I can't see Poole being anything close to that. Rose would be ideal right off the bat, but there are few others I would consider.

Obviously the shooting is needed, but I can't think of who they can currently get at what price that will make tremendous difference.

I would love for the Warriors to bring back RGIII on the min to shore up SF spot.

I suppose the first two on my list will required DPE and MLE, unless they place the priority on shooting.
Badly Browned
Analyst
And1: 326

Post#57 » by Badly Browned » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:23 pm

Hopper15 wrote:
ClutchUp wrote:
Hopper15 wrote:I tried to tell y'all.

Unless I'm reading this wrong, sportrac has Bowman, JTA, and Mulder with non-guaranteed deals. Lee, Chriss, and Smiley have partial guarantees.
I'm not going to say that Curry is God. But he is definitely a god. -NeoWarriors
clyde21
RealGM

Post#58 » by clyde21 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:23 pm

i would rather let go of Looney over Smiley tbh, Looney's hips are like an 80 year old hips at this point, doubt he can go a full season right now and Smiley just has a lot more potential.

i'm perfectly happy with a C rotation of Dray, Wiseman and Chriss with Smiley picking up garbage time at both the 4/5, heck we can even play Paschall at C for some minutes in small lineups.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#59 » by clyde21 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:27 pm

Steph / Nico
Wiggins / Lee / Poole
Oubre / Mulder
Dray / Paschall
Wiseman / Chriss / Smiley

with Klay

that leaves us room for 2 FAs...JTA and Loon get the axe.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#60 » by Samurai » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:28 pm

zimpy27 wrote:My fear is without a second knockdown shooter with Curry that Green will not regain his offensive value. I thought a knockdown shooter with defensive limitations would have been better than Oubre. Redick or McDermott for example.

Remember that the FO tried to make a deal for Redick before the Oubre deal but the Pelicans shot it down. Unclear why but the thinking was that the Pels didn't want future picks in exchange for someone that can help them now. Just wanting someone doesn't make it happen; you need a dance partner and the Pels weren't interested.

Return to Golden State Warriors