ImageImageImageImageImage

[Shams] Warriors/Thunder in Serious Talks for Oubre

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

whocurrz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,453

Re: [Shams] Warriors/Thunder in Serious Talks for Oubre 

Post#221 » by whocurrz » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:35 pm

Good pickup since the biggest cost is to ownership’s pockets which they seem ok with. Makes the horrible Iggy panic move a little more digestible. If the season is a disaster and he’s not in our future plans I’m sure he can be flipped at the deadline. And he’s a big wing so holding his bird rights is good for whatever we decide to do with him down the line.
Jarret Jack: “I brought one of my best suits. But looking down at this jersey, it’s just a sense of pride I don’t think I’ve ever felt as a professional. … Nothing in my closet is better than what I have on now."
Mac1958
Pro Prospect
And1: 333

Post#222 » by Mac1958 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:42 pm

Flash Falcon X wrote:PG: Steph Curry
SG: Andrew Wiggins
SF: Kelly Oubre
PF: Draymond Green
C: James Wiseman
Bench: Marquis Chriss, Eric Paschall, Kevon Looney, Jordan Poole, etc.

My heart aches for Klay, it really does. This is one of those stories that go beyond sports.

But dang. If there's a couple of FA's who want to come on board, that's a pretty interesting starting 5.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#223 » by marthafokker » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:49 pm

Hope ownership group will sign him long term when Klay comes back. Oubre is still needed as insurance regardless if GSW stinks or successful this comy season.

Not my money, spend it!

And with next year's draft, more help on the way too. Even if GSW can make the playoffs, they won't be top 10 team. So I expect mid 1st. And hopefully Minny pick too.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#224 » by FNQ » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:19 pm

For all the gray-hairs here, who remember the tragedy of an ownership of Chris Cohan..

Ever think we'd see the day where the Warriors owner would spend nearly 80m to give us a quality replacement wing?
Swift21
General Manager
And1: 457

Post#225 » by Swift21 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:29 pm

FNQ wrote:For all the gray-hairs here, who remember the tragedy of an ownership of Chris Cohan..

Ever think we'd see the day where the Warriors owner would spend nearly 80m in luxury taxes to give us a quality replacement wing?

Not in my lifetime.
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#226 » by donkeylips » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:34 pm

im also hoping its not just a one year rental. klay won't be healthy for the beginning of the 2021 so oubre will still be needed.
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
tal57
Junior
And1: 93

Post#227 » by tal57 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:34 pm

I remember ownership of Franklin Mieuli.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#228 » by Samurai » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:37 pm

tal57 wrote:I remember ownership of Franklin Mieuli.

That's what I was going to say - beat me to it!
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#229 » by xdrta+ » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:40 pm

FNQ wrote:For all the gray-hairs here, who remember the tragedy of an ownership of Chris Cohan..

Ever think we'd see the day where the Warriors owner would spend nearly 80m to give us a quality replacement wing?

Never in a hundred years.
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#230 » by Hopper15 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:44 pm

The prospect of Ellison got us through the Cohan years. In hindsight, that may have been a Fertitta-like sh*tshow.
marthafokker
General Manager

Post#231 » by marthafokker » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:31 pm

tal57 wrote:I remember ownership of Franklin Mieuli.

For me, that is Eddie DeBartolo. He pays top dollar for everything for his players. Best of the Best... including the best planes to charter his team.

I wondered how many more Championships the 49ers would have won if NFL didn't forced him to sell to his sister?
TB wrote:
Chupchup
Junior
And1: 96

Post#232 » by Chupchup » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:56 pm

I think come trade deadline they'll evaluate the team. If it doesn't look like it makes sense, I can see them dumping Oubre or even Wiggins to get that salary down. I think for Lux Tax, it's only the salary at the end of the year that counts.

I can see them trading Oubre/Looney to a team with cap space with a future 2nd AND "buying" another 2nd round pick for 4.5 m (ie essentially paying the rest of Oubre's salary or if it's Looney paying the other team off)
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,691

Post#233 » by DAWill1128 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:34 pm

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#234 » by Coxy » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:54 pm

Hopper15 wrote:

The prospect of Ellison got us through the Cohan years. In hindsight, that may have been a Fertitta-like sh*tshow.

I remember that bidding process like it was yesterday. “It’s gonna be Ellison, it’s gonna be Ellison, it’s it’s it’s ......... Joe Lacob and Hans Gruber?! Who the fluk are they?” :lol:
marthafokker
General Manager

Post#235 » by marthafokker » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:16 pm

Coxy wrote:
Hopper15 wrote:

I remember that bidding process like it was yesterday. “It’s gonna be Ellison, it’s gonna be Ellison, it’s it’s it’s ......... Joe Lacob and Hans Gruber?! Who the fluk are they?” :lol:

Ellison cheated with America's Cup. He probably would juice everyone like Kobe. Blood therapy for everyone! Hahaha.
TB wrote:
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#236 » by Hopper15 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:24 pm

Coxy wrote:
Hopper15 wrote:

The one thing Cohan got right.
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,396

Post#237 » by SpreeChokeJob » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:22 pm

Hopper15 wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Hopper15 wrote:The prospect of Ellison got us through the Cohan years. In hindsight, that may have been a Fertitta-like sh*tshow.

The one thing Cohan got right.

I think he did it to spite the fans and Ellison. It’s one of the few times his pettiness helped out the team. Must piss him off to see what the Warriors did after he left.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#238 » by HiRez » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:44 pm

Even though I've been advocating to use our future picks if necessary, one thing I hadn't been considering is having 2 picks in 2021. If Minnesota comes in at let's say #7 and ours is #15, that puts us in a pretty good position to trade up into the top 5 if there's a player we really like there.
Ilovethebay
Senior
And1: 166

Post#239 » by Ilovethebay » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:27 am

A lot of excitement in this thread over an average SF. This could end up being some the least entertaining hoops we’ve seen(save last year) from a warriors team. 2 of our top 3 shot takers will have below league average efficiency. I hope I’m wrong but this seems like a panic move. Kerr is really gonna earn his money this year. I’d rather have GRIII back.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#240 » by Samurai » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:34 am

Ilovethebay wrote:A lot of excitement in this thread over an average SF. This could end up being some the least entertaining hoops we’ve seen(save last year) from a warriors team. 2 of our top 3 shot takers will have below league average efficiency. I hope I’m wrong but this seems like a panic move. Kerr is really gonna earn his money this year. I’d rather have GRIII back.

When someone of Klay's stature suffers a devastating injury on the DAY OF the draft and ONE DAY before the start of free agency, there darn well better be a high degree of urgency to get something done. There is no way to foresee that would happen and you can't just wave a magic wand and create the cap space to sign another star to replace Klay. If you were in Myers' shoes, what would you have done differently in the exact same situation that wouldn't look like a "panic move"?

Return to Golden State Warriors