ImageImageImage

Nuggets Free Agents

Moderator: THE J0KER

Which Free Agents do the Nuggets sign this off-season? (Choose up to ALL.)

Paul Millsap
13%
Mason Plumlee
11%
Jerami Grant
33%
Torrey Craig
15%
Noah Vonleh
5%
Troy Daniels
2%
PJ Dozier
22%

Total votes: 55

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Re: Nuggets Free Agents 

Post#81 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:48 pm

The Rebel wrote:
Riko wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
The front office thought we really needed him here for 1 more year considering we did not have any young PFs that looked like they would be ready this year. I think once the deal for Grant was made the writing was on the wall for Millsap, but he still showed up and did his best.

Personally I am glad we did the 1 year $30 million over signing him to a 3 Year $50+ million deal.

I agree with you denver did the right thing but no one in his right mind wuold offer a 3y 50m contract to Millsap last year. Maybe someone wuold offer a 35m 3y contract but probably he wuold get something less like 33ish.

If you decline the option than the only way Millsap re-signs in Denver would have been if he would have gotten that money plus the money he would get on a new contract elsewhere spread over the years. It is stupid, and should not be that way, but that is the way it works in the NBA and always has.

Agreed, keeping Millsap last year made sense - although I wouldn't have been upset if they had let him go and found someone else. But he fit so nicely ...
Riko
Rookie
And1: 685

Post#82 » by Riko » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:27 pm

The Rebel wrote:
Riko wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
The front office thought we really needed him here for 1 more year considering we did not have any young PFs that looked like they would be ready this year. I think once the deal for Grant was made the writing was on the wall for Millsap, but he still showed up and did his best.

Personally I am glad we did the 1 year $30 million over signing him to a 3 Year $50+ million deal.

I agree with you denver did the right thing but no one in his right mind wuold offer a 3y 50m contract to Millsap last year. Maybe someone wuold offer a 35m 3y contract but probably he wuold get something less like 33ish.

If you decline the option than the only way Millsap re-signs in Denver would have been if he would have gotten that money plus the money he would get on a new contract elsewhere spread over the years. It is stupid, and should not be that way, but that is the way it works in the NBA and always has.

Nah, not even in NBA someone wuold have offer him more than that. Millsap value last year was at his minimun after two injury seasons and an decent PO apperence (but well below average for a 30m player).
But again, they made the right choice since I seriously doubt Denver wuold have get something capable of beating the Lakers with his 30m. Once said that, imo right now he is worth no more than veteran minimun for a contender and something more 4-5m/y for a bottom half team so maybe a little gratitude is due.
Manolito
Senior
And1: 391

Post#83 » by Manolito » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:47 pm

Plumlee has signed with Pistons 25x3. Great sign FO let him go

See you never!!!!

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using RealGM mobile app
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#84 » by The Rebel » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:00 am

Riko wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
Riko wrote:

Nah, not even in NBA someone wuold have offer him more than that. Millsap value last year was at his minimun after two injury seasons and an decent PO apperence (but well below average for a 30m player).
But again, they made the right choice since I seriously doubt Denver wuold have get something capable of beating the Lakers with his 30m. Once said that, imo right now he is worth no more than veteran minimun for a contender and something more 4-5m/y for a bottom half team so maybe a little gratitude is due.

LMAO, you really think Millsap was going to get an offer for the minimum last year? The only way he signs for the minimum this year is if he goes ring chasing, many boards on REalgm want their team to sign him for the full MLE.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#85 » by The Rebel » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:02 am

Manolito wrote:Plumlee has signed with Pistons 25x3. Great sign FO let him go

See you never!!!!

Wow so bitter towards a guy who was great in helping our young guys grow and happily played his role. It is not his fault Malone over used him. It was time for him to move on, but he does not deserve to be hated on.

Personally I hope we convince them to let us do a sign and trade to generate a nice TPE.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#86 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:38 am

Mason Plumlee has been a solid member of the Nuggets both on the court and in the lockerroom. As the team matured, his fit became worse. I appreciate his contributions and wish him well --- I think he'll fit in Detroit quite nicely.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#87 » by skywalker33 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:15 am

Manolito wrote:Plumlee has signed with Pistons 25x3. Great sign FO let him go

See you never!!!!

Poor taste, Plumdog worked hard for us.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Riko
Rookie

Post#88 » by Riko » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:43 am

The Rebel wrote:
Riko wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

LMAO, you really think Millsap was going to get an offer for the minimum last year? The only way he signs for the minimum this year is if he goes ring chasing, many boards on REalgm want their team to sign him for the full MLE.

No, I already said that last year Millsap wuold have get 33sh million in 3 years, his value was at minimum. This year for denver he is worth veteran minimum, everything else is a waste of money, and the full MLE makes sense only for team like the Pelicans with a lot of young talent and in need of a veteran presence

Edit: crazy FA window, Millsap is probably worth 1 year 8m contract, absurd deals for a post-covid season.
_Joker
Senior
And1: 715

Post#89 » by _Joker » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:05 pm

Absolutely sucks to lose Grant, especially to a team like the Pistons. At least we will be competitive.
Riko
Rookie

Post#90 » by Riko » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:32 pm

The Rebel wrote:
Riko wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

Btw, Favors just sign a 30m 3y deal (or maybe 27/3).. Considering his stats and his age it is a situation similar to Millsap in 2019 if Denver didn't pick the TO.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#91 » by skywalker33 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:40 pm

Riko wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
Riko wrote:

Btw, Favors just sign a 30m 3y deal (or maybe 27/3).. Considering his stats and his age it is a situation similar to Millsap in 2019 if Denver didn't pick the TO.

And $60M cheaper....
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,515

Post#92 » by THE J0KER » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:49 pm

Read on Twitter

I didn't expect this to be honest from the Celtics.
Riko
Rookie

Post#93 » by Riko » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:31 pm

THE J0KER wrote:
Read on Twitter

I didn't expect this to be honest from the Celtics.

Wow, I hope our gm run from this.
Just wow, nba gm are really dumb.
Manolito
Senior

Post#94 » by Manolito » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:56 pm

Read on Twitter

Good news, specially for one single season. Green + Millsap is not espectacular but it is solid. We have some time to find the PF without rush
Manolito
Senior

Post#95 » by Manolito » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:25 pm

We currently have 14 players and 125.5M cap, 7M below the luxury tax. I don´t think we are worse than last season

Murray Monte Campazzo Dozier
Harris Barton Hampton
MPJ KBD
Millsap Green Cancar
Jokic Nnani

Two way: Bol Bol & Howard

We can still sign one more player (Craig or a minimum deal. I don´t know if BAE is available). We have much flexibility to look for a starting PF in a trade
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#96 » by THE J0KER » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:28 pm

DENVER NUGGETS FA HIGHLIGHTS IN PAST 4 (OFF)SEASONS: 2017 Paul Millsap 2+1 years 90M deal, 2019 Paul Millsap 1 year 30M deal, 2020 Paul Millsap 1 year 10M deal :lol:
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#97 » by The Rebel » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:55 pm

Riko wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
Riko wrote:

Favors is not the same situation, Millsap is a 4 time all star who sacrificed his game for the good of the team and developed a 3 point shot. Favors is a defensive big that cannot shoot outside 15 feet. There is a reason the Celtics were chasing Millsap while Favors signed early.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#98 » by The Rebel » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:04 pm

Read on Twitter

I did not understand why we made the qualifying offer, but Craig is likely gone.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#99 » by The Rebel » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:08 pm

Read on Twitter
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#100 » by THE J0KER » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:09 pm

The Rebel wrote:
Read on Twitter

I did not understand why we made the qualifying offer, but Craig is likely gone.

I hope the reason is previously planed Barton's trade.

Return to Denver Nuggets