ImageImageImageImageImage

[WOJ]: Free agent Alec Burks has agreed to a one-year, $6M deal with the New York Knicks

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Strick
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,364

Re: [WOJ]: Free agent Alec Burks has agreed to a one-year, $6M deal with the New York Knicks 

Post#21 » by Strick » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:20 am

RGM Knicks BAF- Minnesota Timberwolves

PG: Coby|Ivey|Bones
SG: Monk|Dinwiddie|Smith Jr
SF: B Miller|Jalen J|Cissoko
PF: Paolo|Obi|Walker
C: SenGOON|Koloko|____
egelband
Rookie
And1: 373

Re: [WOJ]: Free agent Alec Burks has agreed to a one-year, $6M deal with the New York Knicks 

Post#22 » by egelband » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:26 am

Appleshampoo wrote:Its a good dumpster dive for 6 mill.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app

Jackie Mason would say, ‘I should only be so lucky to be in the dumpster’.

(e: Jackie Mason still alive and apparently working).
I dunno.
YouthMovement
General Manager
And1: 4,754

Post#23 » by YouthMovement » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:29 am

prob will flip him to top buyer at the deadline like mook. but he can play
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,306

Post#24 » by DrCoach » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:33 am

Good deal
blanko
Starter
And1: 1,143

Post#25 » by blanko » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:05 am

He us a 3 n d guy.. i approve

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#26 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:13 am

This guy is going to play quite a bit. What does this mean for the lineup?
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,451

Post#27 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:16 am

I like this. Can always move him pretty easily.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,784

Post#28 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:19 am

Holy f*ck. I go and drink 10 IPA's with my neighbor and this is the big news? This is lame.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,994

Post#29 » by Nazrmohamed » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:24 am

NotDikembeSayNo wrote:Dumpster diving again. And with more one year deals! Apparently we didn’t learn that mediocre guys looking for their next contract playing with a terrible team don’t mesh with developing youth.

I like the player but what you said is historical very accurate. In fact Burke could end up the same way but I think hes a good guy. Like he is mediocre but he doesn't have that delusional side where he still thinks that doing that will get him paid. Hes self aware is what Im sayin and he's pretty complimentary.

If thats any consolation. That's sad. All I could offer you was a mentality consolation not a skills consolation
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,243

Post#30 » by Clyde Frazier » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:29 am

Fine value signing, and yeah like others have said probably look to flip him at the deadline. He can be a gunner but decent enough 3PT shooter these days and passable defensively. There's a difference between signing a few of these guys and filling your roster with them like they did last year.

I'm personally happy they haven't signed many guys yet considering the crazy money being thrown around right now. Giving me 2016 vibes. Maybe we actually get to see some young guys play this year too. Only one that really hurt was malik which would've been great. We'll see what happens with FVV.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,333

Post#31 » by Phish Tank » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:29 am

I won't judge this move on its own until free agency is actually over and we fill out the roster.
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 4,904

Post#32 » by Jeffrey » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:30 am

Who is that draft bust Perry is going to push Leon Rose to sign?
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 37,861

Post#33 » by KnicksGod » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:30 am

thebuzzardman wrote:Holy f*ck. I go and drink 10 IPA's with my neighbor and this is the big news? This is lame.

What you mean, you drink because you’re getting ready for Knicks free agency. That’s the recommended course of action.
Sethaholic16
Junior
And1: 121

Post#34 » by Sethaholic16 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:33 am

Eerily reminiscent of how Scott Perry likes to target his old draft picks.

Gordon Hayward, Ed Davis, Alec Burkes...all Jazz guys.

So apparently our pool of players are Kentucky guys, CAA clients, and former Jazz players.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#35 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:40 am

KnicksGod wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Holy f*ck. I go and drink 10 IPA's with my neighbor and this is the big news? This is lame.

What you mean, you drink because you’re getting ready for Knicks free agency. That’s the recommended course of action.

Right. But I timed it wrong.

We could have proceeded to getting right the f*ck out of hand.

This was on the line of being able to function like a human tomorrow.

I blame his wife, who wanted him up at 6 AM, to shop and stuff for Thanksgiving.

Normally, I'd have given him sh*t and we'd have carried on, but we are going there to eat on Thursday.

Priorities.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#36 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:40 am

Scott Perry still running the Knicks. Yay!
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#37 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:46 am

Knicks can't even buy a cheap hooker with all their money
nyczlegacy
Analyst
And1: 783

Post#38 » by nyczlegacy » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:23 am

What the ****

What a waste of a roster spot

Donnie wake up
god shammgod wrote:didn't watch a minute. it feels good. might not watch more than a game or two for the rest of the season. there's nothing to see. our best player is a midget g-leaguer.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#39 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:28 am

nyczlegacy wrote:What the ****

What a waste of a roster spot

Donnie wake up

This image came up while I searched "Donnie Walsh Knicks" and it felt appropriate:

TheDavinciCHODE
Sixth Man
And1: 1,858

Post#40 » by TheDavinciCHODE » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:43 am

NotDikembeSayNo wrote:Dumpster diving again. And with more one year deals! Apparently we didn’t learn that mediocre guys looking for their next contract playing with a terrible team don’t mesh with developing youth.

They mesh fine if they actually make other players better by providing space or moving the ball.

It's not about the length of the contract. It's the quality of the player.

The Knicks signed bad players last offseason that didn't compliment any of the young players had. Randal, Morris, Taj, Portis, etc.

There's always room for a guy that shoots about 39% from 3 and gets 4 assists per 36 within the flow the game.

Not super excited about this signing but signing a guy like Burks is way different than signing the dinosaur types we plucked from the $5 DVD bin last summer.

Return to New York Knicks