We got Harrell!!

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

fteru6uhre54ew
Rookie
And1: 645

Re: We got Harrell!! 

Post#41 » by fteru6uhre54ew » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:25 am

Michael Lucky wrote:
siFy wrote:If the Lakers make this guy play cerebral basketball without making stupid things serious with a good defense wich is probably because this team is really good at defending and being a team well oiled. This guy could be a monster in this Lakers style much better than now because he has the tools to be an amazing two way player.

Doesn't going to miss the interior scoring and offensive rebounds of Dwight and going to win more transition game with him off the bench.

Vogel has clearly demonstrated that he is far better than Doc over the last Decade in getting his players to buy into the defensive part of the game.

That's why I'm excited with him. We saw Markieff Morris plays good defense in the Playoffs or not being at least a liability. Markieff man I never saw that guy play defense in my life and they aren't going to make a guy like him with all the tools he has to be a good defender doesn't play defense. The culture of this team we all know how it is first play defense then the other and fit perfect with the style of this team.
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,897

Post#42 » by thebigbird » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:25 am

Harrell is such a steal when looking at the contracts dudes are getting across the league. Marcus Morris just signed for 4 years/$64 million. There are a few guys I wanted with the MLE, but they were all pipedreams because they'll get more money elsewhere. I hadn't even thought of Harrell. He helps the Lakers and hurts the Clippers. Double score.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#43 » by Kilroy » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:26 am

Not even sure what I'm looking at... Not really a Harrell fan, but this is a pretty big steal...

And just a down-right awesome reason to go to the GB and see what's happening...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,805

Post#44 » by Beethoven » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:35 am

Kilroy wrote:Not even sure what I'm looking at... Not really a Harrell fan, but this is a pretty big steal...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montrezl_Harrell
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#45 » by kblo247 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:35 am

Vae Victus wrote:Harrell is a one way player who's utterly horrific on D, no range, undersized, toxic attitude.

I can see why the Lakers took him, he was prolly the only major FA that was willing to take a 1+1 player option MLE, so he wont hurt 2021 cap space and there's an extremely high likelihood he'll opt out to seek a big payday next offseason. Hurting the Clips depth definitely also factored in this deal.

I just hope Lebron and Vogel can rein in his worst aspects. Doc Rivers literally coddled this **** and gave Harrell a shitton of mins at the expense of Zubac who was playing very well, yet Harrell ended up being a toxic psycho in the lockerroom.

To be fair I’m go ask you this ...

When has Doc coached defense without Thibs?

Vogel got LeBron to play D, he got Kuz to play d. Hell we saw Rondo press Harden in the playoffs multiple times and refuse to be beat. I mean if your coaches are Doc and Dantoni defense ain’t exactly a priority or taught
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#46 » by kblo247 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:38 am

Kilroy wrote:Not even sure what I'm looking at... Not really a Harrell fan, but this is a pretty big steal...

And just a down-right awesome reason to go to the GB and see what's happening...

They got a roll man and rebounder. They just got to pass him the ball when he seals a guy. They also got a slasher, spot up shooter, and ball handler at the 1 who is young. They also got a vet 3 and d wing to come off the bench and who had better metrics than Green.

They retained Kuzma. They didn’t renounce KCP rights. They got Javale to get through the regular season again. I mean you can’t ask for much more from
zuju
Senior
And1: 119

Post#47 » by zuju » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:55 am

Not a fan of Harrell despite him being the 6th man of the year
He is basically the a better Faried in my eyes. Full of energy yet undersized and couldn't defend. His shots are unreliable either.
Maybe we can develop his defensive awareness and skills to guard from 1 - 4?
I would actually rather us splitting the MLE for Josh Jackson and Harry Giles, 2 up and coming young players.
At 9M/yr, the contract is very trade-able though
Slink
Bench Warmer
And1: 939

Post#48 » by Slink » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:13 am

Beethoven wrote:
TJM217 wrote:Man wasn't he the reason the Clips were getting killed in the playoffs?

No not really. There was a huge (and ongoing) discussion on clipper boards, of factors to their failure and it isn't seen too much as trez being anyone who primarily contributed to it.

Taken within all the context of that last two months it can be understandable for his two shortcomings (trying to defend jokic and Dallas bigs) but i believe under a new coaching staff (Vogel will not set him up for failure ) and a different team culture (BRON) he'll work well I'm thinking.

The biggest complaint from clips fans about Harrell was that Doc wasn't using Zubac enough on Jokic, that all the metrics, advanced stats showed Zubac was better than Harrell. I agree that Vogel will use him well, he might have to guard Jokic in spurts, but we got AD to throw at him too.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,805

Post#49 » by Beethoven » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:18 am

^ yeah it is like if Vogel threw kcp at jokic for a good duration and then afterwards, laker fans blaming kcp for his lack of defense. Doesn't make any sense.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Post#50 » by stan francisco » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:52 am

This is great. He’s the guy you hate as an opponent. I’m getting Artest worry flashbacks. I just hope he’s a smart enough player to refocus his mind and game on defense.

His defensive shortcomings will be accounted for and dealt with by Vogel’s system and reasoning. As mentioned, he even got LBJ playing defense.
PG: D Lo / Reaves / Vincent(IL) / JHS
SG: Christie / Dinwiddie / Lewis / Mays
SF: LBJ / Prince / Reddish / Windler
PF: Rui / Vando(IL) / LBJ
CTR: AD / Hayes / Wood

Modern era NBA titles:
LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 475

Post#51 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:11 am

I never saw it coming. This is a great move. Now get Marc Gasol and maybe even Cousins to compelete our front court.
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#52 » by BEazy » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:15 am

Honestly guys we got a guy like Dwight Howard, who is mentally unstable as they come, to buy into the team. Harrell's attitude/behavior will be a walk in the park for the coaching staff.

Although I would've preferred Ibaka, I didn't think Harrell was remotely even available due to him winning 6th man of the year, but here we are.

Much MUCH props to Rob Pelinka. Proving all these haters wrong.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
Hoopz Afrik
Veteran
And1: 2,061

Post#53 » by Hoopz Afrik » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:14 am

Ball so hard wrote:Starting to feel as if we're selling our souls to Klutch. I don't like it one bit!

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Super Eagles GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,413

Post#54 » by Slava » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:17 am

Between Schröder and Harrell, this move is all about putting points up in the regular season without taxing LeBron and AD on a short turnaround. I expect both Schröder and Harrell to be playing 35+ MPG until around the mid season break.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Ckay
Head Coach
And1: 8,299

Post#55 » by Ckay » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:54 am

This guy better behave.
Hans1984
Pro Prospect
And1: 307

Post#56 » by Hans1984 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:06 am

I don't like this guy but so be it.
heezyo2o
Starter
And1: 1,243

Post#57 » by heezyo2o » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:19 am

Harrell is a dog, but still would have preferred re-signing Dwight. Seems like getting Harrell was the nail in the coffin for Dwight in LA
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,731

Post#58 » by RoyceDa59 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:24 am

What a boss move. Depth around LBJ/AD is significantly better than last year. Harrell - similar to Schroder - is entering his prime years and can drop 20 off the bench with ease.

Just wow. Love this move. Lakers are stacked.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Go Raps!!
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach
And1: 680

Post#59 » by leeprettyp » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:18 pm

I like it. Real good value as well. Going to love that P&R game with LBJ & Trez
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#60 » by snaquille oatmeal » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:04 pm

Read on Twitter

Lol now let’s resign Rondo just to break their spirits for good.
Forum permissions