Post#261 » by InWestWeTrust » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:53 am

Cant TPE for S&T
Ilovethebay
Senior
And1: 166

Re: [Shams] Warriors/Thunder in Serious Talks for Oubre 

Post#262 » by Ilovethebay » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:57 am

InWestWeTrust wrote:Cant TPE for S&T

Didn’t know that. Thanks for the clarification.

Edit: It appears you might be able to if you are not capped out according to this article.

“Acquiring a player via sign-and-trade

Although a trade exception can’t be used to sign a free agent outright, it can be used to accommodate a sign-and-trade, as long as certain criteria are met and the player’s first-year salary fits into the exception.

Unfortunately, this probably isn’t an option for the Warriors, since a team acquiring a player via sign-and-trade can’t have a team salary above the tax apron (approximately $138.9MM if the cap doesn’t increase) at any time during the league year. This restriction is why Golden State had to trade Iguodala in the first place last July to accommodate the D’Angelo Russell sign-and-trade.

The Warriors already have $142MM+ in guaranteed salaries on their books for 2020/21, so barring major cost-cutting moves, a sign-and-trade acquisition won’t be possible.”

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/10/various-ways-warriors-could-use-trade-exception.html
thunderdunk
Bench Warmer
And1: 184

Post#263 » by thunderdunk » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:35 am

It appears that GR3 is still a possibility, right? Agree that they need to sign at least one more quality shooter soon. If GR3 can play like he did for the Dubs (and not the 76ers), that would be a good add.
wupuck
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#264 » by wupuck » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:38 am

FNQ wrote:For all the gray-hairs here, who remember the tragedy of an ownership of Chris Cohan..

Ever think we'd see the day where the Warriors owner would spend nearly 80m to give us a quality replacement wing?

I remember waiting for the fallout of the Webber for Gugliotta trade... That moment was so sureal.

Then Cohan and the fans were gifted w/ the We Believe team and because their egos couldn't handle it, nixed Mully's Garnett deal. I was done w/ Cohan from then on.
wupuck
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#265 » by wupuck » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:56 am

Ilovethebay wrote:
Chris Porter's Hair wrote:
Ilovethebay wrote:Ok champ. Let’s see how it all works out :wink:

I also seriously doubt that the Oubre idea suddenly occurred to them in a panic when Klay got hurt. Half of RealGM had identified Oubre as an interesting TPE target long before Klay got hurt. It is entirely possible they'd been planning to trade for him for a while, and waited for the draft to shake out.
You don't have to like the Oubre acquisition, of course. I like it, but I think it is a perfectly defensible position that we should have been focusing on someone that was more of a pure shooter. But that doesn't justify the leap that the Warriors panicked and suddenly snatched up Oubre without proper consideration.

Fair enough. The timing makes it highly suspect though. Lacob is a great owner and one of the few who actually pushes the envelope a little farther to show the fans and the org that he is doing all that he can to win. While as a former STH of 10 years I appreciate it, he may have buckled under that same pressure of IMMEDIATELY trying to soften the lost of Klay.
I think that there is a strong possibility that this move would have been there for at least until tonight. Who knows, some of these teams that are losing free agents might of played ball with us just to get a sizable TPE as a thank you. I think Sac would have loved to get a TPE for Bogdanovic for example. We would have had to take on more years but we also would not have had to give up a possible FRP. It’s all speculation of course but our player personnel moves have been lacking for the past 3 years or so.
I do agree that many here were hoping for an Oubre TPE signing before Klay got hurt, but once that happened our focus should have shifted somewhat in my opinion. Other teams will smother Steph even more than in the past because they know on most nights that Wiggins,Oubre, and Draymond are not going to beat them if you sagged off of them.

There really weren't to many official trade targets the Warriors could target w/ their TPE, guys like Tatum would have cost the Minny Pick to start whereas other options like James Johnson and Rudy Gay just aren't as appealing as a 24yr old wing who can slash and defend and was looking like the odd man out in PHX. Then PHX did the Dubs a HUGE favor and traded him to OKC where they could get him for this low price of a protected 1st rounder.

What Oubre does is give the Dubs two 2nd scoring options after Curry and takes pressure off Wiggins being the 2nd guy every night. I also see the Dubs playing even faster than they did before but with less emphasis on the 3ball because they don't have the 2 elite 3pt shooters anymore. This team can run and could be the fastest in the league. If they can get their passing down, we could have a variation of RunTMC but now w/ Wiseman/Chriss getting in on the action.

I would like to see the Dubs sign a couple of vets. It would be interesting to see if Lacob gives the go ahead to use the DPE because that could open the door to a S Ibaka, Elf Payton, Shaq Harrison or J Crowde, while still having the MLE. Maybe re-sign GR3 for Vet Min.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,080

Post#266 » by The-Power » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:44 pm

Not sure if already posted but this is what we should be looking forward to:

He's pretty obnoxious after a good play, though. Between him and Draymond, other fans will have plenty to wine about. :lol:
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#267 » by Hopper15 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:05 pm

Read on Twitter
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#268 » by Coxy » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:09 pm

The-Power wrote:Not sure if already posted but this is what we should be looking forward to:

He's pretty obnoxious after a good play, though. Between him and Draymond, other fans will have plenty to wine about. :lol:

Love it. Between Oubre, Wiggins, Green and Wiseman, we have 4 very capable defenders with length out there. Hopefully Wiggins brings the consistent energy we saw from him on D after the trade last season, all season long.
Faceless
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#269 » by Faceless » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:11 pm

We can be like those Memphis teams, but with Steph Curry.
Frozzy
Starter
And1: 2,020

Post#270 » by Frozzy » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:18 pm

Faceless wrote:We can be like those Memphis teams, but with Steph Curry.

Without shooters we can hope this team can be the defensive powerhouse that those 04 Pistons/Grindhouse Grizzlies/07 Spurs teams were at this point
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#271 » by Little Digger » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:04 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,932

Post#272 » by zimpy27 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:31 pm

Hopper15 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Ok so one of the 2nds is guaranteed.

So it's an overpay if GSW are a top 10 team in the league or a good deal if not. Kind of bittersweet
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#273 » by lars_rosenberg » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:01 pm

Low risk deal, if he doesn't work out he'll be an expiring that you can easily flip at the deadline.
If the team is doing good we keep him, if we're tanking we just trade him and save money off the tax.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#274 » by Warriors Analyst » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:06 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
Hopper15 wrote:
Read on Twitter

So it's an overpay if GSW are a top 10 team in the league or a good deal if not. Kind of bittersweet

If we are a top 10 team, it's a miracle and we will probably owe Oubre our gratitude, at which point it stops being an overapy.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,932

Post#275 » by zimpy27 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:12 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
Hopper15 wrote:
Read on Twitter

If we are a top 10 team, it's a miracle and we will probably owe Oubre our gratitude, at which point it stops being an overapy.

Well objectively an overpay I mean. A 2021 FRP and SRP plus a salary dump is an overpay for Oubre objectively. But yeah, it will be all worth it if Warriors are top 10 team.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#276 » by InWestWeTrust » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:27 pm

Little Digger wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Just hearing this gets me more hyped
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,215

Post#277 » by wco81 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:35 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
Hopper15 wrote:
Read on Twitter

If the 2021 draft is as good as they say, even a 21-30 draft pick may yield a good starter level player.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#278 » by Quazza » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:44 pm

Classy post on his ig thanking the sun's and their fans.

Then ends it with with a Let's go Dub Nation !

Seems invested
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#279 » by Old_Blue » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:45 pm

wco81 wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

If the 2021 draft is as good as they say, even a 21-30 draft pick may yield a good starter level player.

Without an established big man on our roster, I really don't think we need to worry about finishing with a Top 10 record in the league. If anything, this team is more likely to underachieve than overachieve. What if Looney gets hurt again? What if Chriss regresses to his mean? Other than those two, there's only "I believe I can fly" Smiley and a rookie bigger than 6'7' on the roster. How small a lineup do we really want to be running out there night in and night out?
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#280 » by Little Digger » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:46 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.

Return to Golden State Warriors