Ricky Rubio #9

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Vindicater
General Manager
And1: 423

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#1081 » by Vindicater » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:02 pm

I will always love you Ricky.
"That's why the last two years weren't guaranteed," Walsh said. "Either way, he knew it could have happened either way."
breatnach
Starter
And1: 826

Post#1082 » by breatnach » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:12 am

How about we fire this bad boy back up again?
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,881

Post#1083 » by theGreatRC » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:19 am

theGreatRC wrote:Been reading twitter, a lot of replies on there are against trading Ricky, some even have a #TeamRicky hashtag.

Safe to say he's a fan favorite, so if Thibs does trade him, we better be getting something good (doesn't have to be a trade, but clearing his salary for a big name) and not for people like George Hill or Jeff Teague

I'm in the same boat as the other fans that want Ricky on this team so he could be a part of the playoff Wolves

This was my last Ricky Rubio post that wasn't replying to someone else..Wrote this in 2017 lol

I always wanted Ricky here and wanted him to be a part of the Wolves when they made the playoffs..

THE DREAM IS BACK ALIVE!! LETS GOO
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,576

Post#1084 » by Klomp » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:48 pm

mercgold3 wrote:
Maefteda wrote:On a different note... Can we call the next Rubio thread: "Ricky Rubio #9" seems fitting that will be the last Rubio thread on the Wolves board.

THINK AGAIN!
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1085 » by Klomp » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:41 am

Trivia: What are the best single season 3-point percentages a Timberwolves player had with Rubio on the roster (minimum 2 3papg)? Try to think of possibilities before looking at the list....

Spoiler:
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#1086 » by urinesane » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:19 am

Calinks wrote:The final Rubio thread before his appreciation thread. RIP.

Until we bring him back for a farewell tour in 2026

6 years early baby!
Maefteda
Sixth Man
And1: 575

Post#1087 » by Maefteda » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:44 am

Klomp wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:
Maefteda wrote:On a different note... Can we call the next Rubio thread: "Ricky Rubio #9" seems fitting that will be the last Rubio thread on the Wolves board.

THINK AGAIN!

Haha, was just about to bring this up again.

May there be many more Ricky Rubio threads! RICKY IS BACK :love: :love: :love:
Dual
Veteran
And1: 1,494

Post#1088 » by Dual » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:40 am

Maybe is better to keep posting in the new Ricky Rubio topic.
This one brings back really bad memories.
Folklore
Senior
And1: 170

Post#1089 » by Folklore » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:05 pm

hopefully we can trade Ricky for a 2021 frp
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#1090 » by urinesane » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:15 pm

Folklore wrote:hopefully we can trade Ricky for a 2021 frp

Weak ass troll game.

KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,652

Post#1091 » by KGdaBom » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:36 pm

urinesane wrote:

Weak ass troll game.

Yeah he is an obvious troll. I won't even consider anything else he has to say.
Folklore
Senior
And1: 170

Post#1092 » by Folklore » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:48 am

KGdaBom wrote:
urinesane wrote:

Weak ass troll game.

You have always had the weakest takes here so I've never valued your opinion for a while now. Either people have very short memories here or they cant read back a couple pages and see how bad he was.His being here is a waste of money and he's dipping into other players time. We already have a former pg in the staff that speaks just as bad English and DLo already gets help from him.Rubio in the 4th is a liability.I'd take J Mclaughin and his cheaper contract over him all day.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1093 » by KGdaBom » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:52 am

Folklore wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
urinesane wrote:
Weak ass troll game.

You have always had the weakest takes here so I've never valued your opinion for a while now. Either people have very short memories here or they cant read back a couple pages and see how bad he was.His being here is a waste of money and he's dipping into other players time. We already have a former pg in the staff that speaks just as bad English and DLo already gets help from him.Rubio in the 4th is a liability.I'd take J Mclaughin and his cheaper contract over him all day.

Just follow the instructions and GTFO. You are trolling and adding nothing.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#1094 » by Jedzz » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:14 am

Klomp wrote:Trivia: What are the best single season 3-point percentages a Timberwolves player had with Rubio on the roster (minimum 2 3papg)? Try to think of possibilities before looking at the list....

Spoiler:

This list just reminds me how much of a difference having a 40% shooter can be. We need a few to produce big this season. Seeing Kevin Martin on top with a couple seasons of this list and honestly this team often couldn't buy a make from him when they needed one. He was on the back end of his productive years when he came here yet still tops the list. Kevin Love had more makes when you needed them and must have been chucking a bit earlier in games. That or my memory is not as good as I think. lavine was a fun shooter and could heat up but he had his rough days too.

Many great pressure shooters of this league only hover between 36-39 but they bring the goods when the pressure and need is highest. I have a feeling we are going to see 40s this season and lot's of open looks with Rubio/Dlo around and the team needs it. The league is starting to find some of these shooters and let them rip it.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1095 » by KGdaBom » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:47 am

Jedzz wrote:
Klomp wrote:Trivia: What are the best single season 3-point percentages a Timberwolves player had with Rubio on the roster (minimum 2 3papg)? Try to think of possibilities before looking at the list....

Spoiler:

This list just reminds me how much of a difference having a 40% shooter can be. We need a few to produce big this season. Seeing Kevin Martin on top with a couple seasons of this list and honestly this team often couldn't buy a make from him when they needed one. He was on the back end of his productive years when he came here yet still tops the list. Kevin Love had more makes when you needed them and must have been chucking a bit earlier in games. That or my memory is not as good as I think. lavine was a fun shooter and could heat up but he had his rough days too.

Many great pressure shooters of this league only hover between 36-39 but they bring the goods when the pressure and need is highest. I have a feeling we are going to see 40s this season and lot's of open looks with Rubio/Dlo around and the team needs it. The league is starting to find some of these shooters and let them rip it.

The Wolves have the following 40+% three point shooters in their projected starting lineup. Beasley, Juancho and KAT. We have Russell at 36% which might sound only OK, but for those shooting 8 a game he is one of the very best. Rubio shot them at 36% also last year. At the top of our lineup we have incredible 3 point shooting. Edwards sucked, but I do think there is reason for optimism about improvement.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1096 » by Klomp » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:04 pm

PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#1097 » by PharmD » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:10 pm

Folklore wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
urinesane wrote:
Weak ass troll game.

KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1098 » by KGdaBom » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:28 pm

Klomp wrote:

I was hoping this was from the 2020 draft day trade. It does say 2009 but I just caught the top at first.
I can't find any YouTube of him commenting on the return at first glance.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1099 » by Klomp » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:36 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Klomp wrote:

I was hoping this was from the 2020 draft day trade. It does say 2009 but I just caught the top at first.

Read on Twitter

KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1100 » by KGdaBom » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:55 pm

Klomp wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Read on Twitter

Thanks Klomp that was great, but I'm greedy. Is their any interview in audio available that you're aware of?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves