Image ImageImage Image

WE SIGNED GARRETT TEMPLE!!!

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,888

Re: WE SIGNED GARRETT TEMPLE!!! 

Post#101 » by weneeda2guard » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:14 pm

D_GoLow wrote:The vibe on this board is incredibly toxic.

They sign a versitle 3 and D locker room guy off the bench, WTF where they thinking?!?

I get we have been hurt in the past by GarPax but for Fs sake let AK cook!

This is why we can't have nice things

The way I see it, we are not competing right now anyway. No combination of moves made this year is getting us past the bucks, heat, Celtics or Brooklyn this year and def not against the best in the west. Why go crazy this season and lock ourselves into a roster not good enough to beat the sixers? We need to be the next wave of great teams that is coming in a few years , not now

Ak adding 1 year contracts to get some semblance of winning enough to hopefully impress the free agents next off season. Smart vets good coaching good locker room. Now let's see how the young talent we have respond and if the guys we have really are the core for the future because if they fail to make at least the 8th seed with all that's here then its time to start selling off and getting a new core. But we need more patience. Teams are already drying up in money we might get a couple more good pieces for 1 year deals for cheap.

This was not the year to go aggressive. I'm glad AK and eversly are moving how they moving.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,200

Post#102 » by fleet » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:18 pm

85Bears wrote:I hope that YouTube Highlight was of him explaining the time value of money and the importance of condoms.

AK must have seen young Pat Williams answer the media interview question about who he is gonna live with in Chicago. Sounded like it is going to be one of his buddies from home. ‘GET GARRETT TEMPLE ON THE PHONE’!
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,724

Post#103 » by TheSuzerain » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:21 pm

weneeda2guard wrote:

They sign a versitle 3 and D locker room guy off the bench, WTF where they thinking?!?

The way I see it, we are not competing right now anyway. No combination of moves made this year is getting us past the bucks, heat, Celtics or Brooklyn this year and def not against the best in the west. Why go crazy this season and lock ourselves into a roster not good enough to beat the sixers? We need to be the next wave of great teams that is coming in a few years , not now

Ak adding 1 year contracts to get some semblance of winning enough to hopefully impress the free agents next off season. Smart vets good coaching good locker room. Now let's see how the young talent we have respond and if the guys we have really are the core for the future because if they fail to make at least the 8th seed with all that's here then its time to start selling off and getting a new core. But we need more patience. Teams are already drying up in money we might get a couple more good pieces for 1 year deals for cheap.

This was not the year to go aggressive. I'm glad AK and eversly are moving how they moving.

Problem here is that the next wave of great teams is slowly becoming known, and is not us. It's the teams who are having a successful rebuild which not coincidentally are the teams who picked ahead of us in 2018.
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,888

Post#104 » by weneeda2guard » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:51 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
weneeda2guard wrote:

Problem here is that the next wave of great teams is slowly becoming known, and is not us. It's the teams who are having a successful rebuild which not coincidentally are the teams who picked ahead of us in 2018.

Well being a great team doesn't mean we would be the only great team. This is def the stench of garpax. It was their job after trading jimmy to make sure we were in that group of next great teams with Dallas, Phoenix, Celtics, Atlanta, etc and they fumbled by not properly tanking then hiring a horrible coach evident by the fact not 1 team has even talked to boylen since he been let go here.

All I'm saying is we can't fall in love with the quick fix if we want to be title contenders. Now if we cool with middle of the pack a step below the title contenders with like Indiana and Portland etc then sure add Marc gasol and Fred vanfleet etc.

But if we want to be title contenders 2 ways to get there is 1 the 2 max slots plan which means we remain absent basically from this year's free agency circus, or 2 we see what we have as a core and if they are not good enough start looking for a new core. 2nd option is not pleasant but its what garpax left us.

For the record i dont believe the 2nd route we will have to take. Only piece I think we will have to part with is lauri because his deal compromises our 2 max deal. But i believe coby lavine gafford Carter jr and Williams with good coaching is about to show something great for the future add in the vets and this could be a playoff team. We take that into next off season with a ton of cash and then build from there
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#105 » by TheSuzerain » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:16 pm

weneeda2guard wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:
weneeda2guard wrote:The way I see it, we are not competing right now anyway. No combination of moves made this year is getting us past the bucks, heat, Celtics or Brooklyn this year and def not against the best in the west. Why go crazy this season and lock ourselves into a roster not good enough to beat the sixers? We need to be the next wave of great teams that is coming in a few years , not now

Well being a great team doesn't mean we would be the only great team. This is def the stench of garpax. It was their job after trading jimmy to make sure we were in that group of next great teams with Dallas, Phoenix, Celtics, Atlanta, etc and they fumbled by not properly tanking then hiring a horrible coach evident by the fact not 1 team has even talked to boylen since he been let go here.

All I'm saying is we can't fall in love with the quick fix if we want to be title contenders. Now if we cool with middle of the pack a step below the title contenders with like Indiana and Portland etc then sure add Marc gasol and Fred vanfleet etc.

But if we want to be title contenders 2 ways to get there is 1 the 2 max slots plan which means we remain absent basically from this year's free agency circus, or 2 we see what we have as a core and if they are not good enough start looking for a new core. 2nd option is not pleasant but its what garpax left us.

For the record i dont believe the 2nd route we will have to take. Only piece I think we will have to part with is lauri because his deal compromises our 2 max deal. But i believe coby lavine gafford Carter jr and Williams with good coaching is about to show something great for the future add in the vets and this could be a playoff team. We take that into next off season with a ton of cash and then build from there

You don't seem to understand what I'm saying. I'm not advocating for a quick fix at all.

I'm advocating for us to sell what we can before we have to give these guys new contracts and then we can rebuild properly.

Every year we wait, their value will likely depreciate. And even if someone like Lauri/WCJ have a come-back year and boosts their value, I doubt they'll have the guts to sell high. More likely they'll hand them a fair-value contract, and we'll be no where.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#106 » by ZOMG » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:52 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
weneeda2guard wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:Problem here is that the next wave of great teams is slowly becoming known, and is not us. It's the teams who are having a successful rebuild which not coincidentally are the teams who picked ahead of us in 2018.

You don't seem to understand what I'm saying. I'm not advocating for a quick fix at all.

I'm advocating for us to sell what we can before we have to give these guys new contracts and then we can rebuild properly.

Every year we wait, their value will likely depreciate. And even if someone like Lauri/WCJ have a come-back year and boosts their value, I doubt they'll have the guts to sell high. More likely they'll hand them a fair-value contract, and we'll be no where.

So... to sum up your post, you're saying that the grass really IS always greener on the other side.
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#107 » by TheSuzerain » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:56 pm

ZOMG wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:
weneeda2guard wrote:Well being a great team doesn't mean we would be the only great team. This is def the stench of garpax. It was their job after trading jimmy to make sure we were in that group of next great teams with Dallas, Phoenix, Celtics, Atlanta, etc and they fumbled by not properly tanking then hiring a horrible coach evident by the fact not 1 team has even talked to boylen since he been let go here.

So... to sum up your post, you're saying that the grass really IS always greener on the other side.

We've never seen the other side.

All we got was a half-assed "rebuild" where GarPax claimed we were building through the draft while acquiring zero extra picks.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#108 » by ZOMG » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:58 pm

ChettheJet wrote:How many trade proposals did everybody wade thru that had Dinwiddie, LaVert and Temple coming in exchange for Lavine. The Nets waived Temple so there's the value he had to them. And the Bulls get him without giving up anything. He's probably the right guy for a year, we're either still on the 2021 cap space path or if trading Porter and Young for longer contracts but better players. He's a veteran that knows he's near the end of his career so he's not going to make waves about playing time, he's the mentor that so many wanted to pay somebody $36M to be.

That line of thought didn't exactly work with Thad.

People always forget that it's different when guys like Temple and Thad come to teams like the Bulls than it is when they go to contenders. Here, they know they have zero chance of a ring (or even a deep run in the playoffs) so they're thinking that at least they're getting to play a lot - on a contender they'd be nailed to the bench.

EVERYONE wants minutes in the NBA. The rookies, the guys in their primes, the grizzled vets, the washed has-beens. Everyone. Garrett Temple is going to want minutes, period.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,134

Post#109 » by Michael Jackson » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:19 pm

ZOMG wrote:
ChettheJet wrote:How many trade proposals did everybody wade thru that had Dinwiddie, LaVert and Temple coming in exchange for Lavine. The Nets waived Temple so there's the value he had to them. And the Bulls get him without giving up anything. He's probably the right guy for a year, we're either still on the 2021 cap space path or if trading Porter and Young for longer contracts but better players. He's a veteran that knows he's near the end of his career so he's not going to make waves about playing time, he's the mentor that so many wanted to pay somebody $36M to be.

That line of thought didn't exactly work with Thad.

People always forget that it's different when guys like Temple and Thad come to teams like the Bulls than it is when they go to contenders. Here, they know they have zero chance of a ring (or even a deep run in the playoffs) so they're thinking that at least they're getting to play a lot - on a contender they'd be nailed to the bench.

EVERYONE wants minutes in the NBA. The rookies, the guys in their primes, the grizzled vets, the washed has-beens. Everyone. Garrett Temple is going to want minutes, period.

Robert Parish did not want playing time that I am pretty sure of.
chicago paxsons
Bench Warmer
And1: 715

Post#110 » by chicago paxsons » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:01 am

Temple is a solid shooter and passer, which is what ak said he is looking for in players, but his best attributes are his defense and the fact he is a good locker room guy. We need a one or two guys who aren't expensive, but aren't liabilities on either end of the court, and can be a good teammate and mentor to our young guys.
A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
cubd8
Bench Warmer
And1: 58

Post#111 » by cubd8 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:09 am

They signed a veteran backup G who is hopefully a veteran presence. That's it. We didn't expect much more than this did we?

The season will come down to players staying healthy and developing with a now professional coaching staff. They have good young talent, but probably no super stars. Can they show enough growth to get out of the bottom 7-8 teams in the league?
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,615

Post#112 » by sco » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:53 pm

Yeah, I think the point is that these guys need to lift the team without FA help. If they fail, they will get another shot at a decent pick next season, if they are bolstered by a non-core addition, they lose that and haven't added a core piece. It seems like a sound strategy.
:clap:
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#113 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:10 am

cubd8 wrote:They signed a veteran backup G who is hopefully a veteran presence. That's it. We didn't expect much more than this did we?

The season will come down to players staying healthy and developing with a now professional coaching staff. They have good young talent, but probably no super stars. Can they show enough growth to get out of the bottom 7-8 teams in the league?

Temple in some way is going to be an extension of the coaching staff, in the locker room, on the bench and rarely on the floor. He is there for practice and development, nothing really on the court although he is a serviceable pro in a pinch.
KissedByaRose1
Pro Prospect
And1: 421

Post#114 » by KissedByaRose1 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:15 am

Fastbrk4brkfast wrote:Nice role player if you consider getting owned by Mokoka in practice a role. :)

I kid, I kid. I like the vet signing. Now please get Sato outta here.

Mokoka is going to be great for us this year and a key rotational piece. Just you wait :)
DuckIII wrote: We can't out-Miami, Miami. But based on their roster, we can out-Chicago them.
Fastbrk4brkfast
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Post#115 » by Fastbrk4brkfast » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:44 am

KissedByaRose1 wrote:
Fastbrk4brkfast wrote:Nice role player if you consider getting owned by Mokoka in practice a role. :)

I kid, I kid. I like the vet signing. Now please get Sato outta here.

Mokoka is going to be great for us this year and a key rotational piece. Just you wait :)

I'm high on Adam too which is one reason I'd like to yeet Satoransky from the roster as quickly as possible.
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#116 » by StunnerKO » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:31 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Nate3carp
Senior
And1: 128

Post#117 » by Nate3carp » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:34 am

StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Was starting to wonder what was going on. Guessing Bulls were trying to get some type of deal done, but it didn’t work out. Or maybe Garrett just couldn’t get to Chicago for some reason to actually sign the deal until now and I’ve been overthinking it.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#118 » by Michael Jackson » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:01 am

Nate3carp wrote:
StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Was starting to wonder what was going on. Guessing Bulls were trying to get some type of deal done, but it didn’t work out. Or maybe Garrett just couldn’t get to Chicago for some reason to actually sign the deal until now and I’ve been overthinking it.

I think there may have been some other deal they were trying to do outside of Temple.
leo921
Senior
And1: 215

Post#119 » by leo921 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:38 am

I know the Bulls are not signing big name free agents this year. My problem is for the very little they want/have to spend why couldnt they bring in better more effective players. Bulls have min to MLE money right now, players like Etawn Moore/ Kent Bazemore/Gerald Green/Wayne Ellington/Torrey Craig/Demarus Cousins all signed for the min or slightly above to "big money MLE" players like Jae Crowder and Derrick Jones Jr.

Stars always shine brightest but they can't shine without solid role players around them.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,615

Post#120 » by sco » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:43 pm

leo921 wrote:I know the Bulls are not signing big name free agents this year. My problem is for the very little they want/have to spend why couldnt they bring in better more effective players. Bulls have min to MLE money right now, players like Etawn Moore/ Kent Bazemore/Gerald Green/Wayne Ellington/Torrey Craig/Demarus Cousins all signed for the min or slightly above to "big money MLE" players like Jae Crowder and Derrick Jones Jr.

Stars always shine brightest but they can't shine without solid role players around them.

I think it comes down to finding guys who can actually play, if called upon, but not so good that they will actually have expectations of being an every night player. Like it or not, the guys you are talking about are already here in Sato and Thad.
:clap:

Return to Chicago Bulls