ImageImageImage

Pistons sign Jerami Grant

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

BJK1
Senior
And1: 333

Re: Pistons sign Jerami Grant 

Post#241 » by BJK1 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:37 pm

As I think about it, the signing of Grant is a pretty strong indication to me that Patrick Williams was (as reported by the media) the player they coveted in the draft. Grant is a similar style comp to what Williams could develop into.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,761

Post#242 » by Snakebites » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:04 pm

So...the Hornets just gave Hayward 4/120.

It could be worse...
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,638

Post#243 » by zeebneeb » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:18 pm

Snakebites wrote:So...the Hornets just gave Hayward 4/120.

It could be worse...
Worst contract in the past decade easy. Half broken, aging, Marginal all-star receiving superstar money.

NBA looks like a sinking ship. Lowest ratings ever, handing out contracts that they could possibly not cover=idiocy. What happens if the ratings stay abysmal?

Gordon Hayward 30 million per. Must be nice to be just adequate at your job.
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#244 » by 440BB » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:22 pm

It could be worse...

That had to be Jordan's call.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
guldakot
Rookie
And1: 547

Post#245 » by guldakot » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:23 pm

Hey, since they are going all in wiht hayward, maybe we can offer then a shiny new Blake Griffin as a complimentary piece...
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#246 » by mattao313 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:24 pm

zeebneeb wrote:

It could be worse...
Worst contract in the past decade easy. Half broken, aging, Marginal all-star receiving superstar money.

NBA looks like a sinking ship. Lowest ratings ever, handing out contracts that they could possibly not cover=idiocy. What happens if the ratings stay abysmal?

LOL Hayward is crazy underrated big wing that can score at three levels and playmake is a premium in the NBA. How many other guy are in the NBA that has his skillset and size? Waayyyy better player than who we signed not even close.
Championships
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,638

Post#247 » by zeebneeb » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:29 pm

mattao313 wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:

It could be worse...

LOL Hayward is crazy underrated big wing that can score at three levels and playmake is a premium in the NBA. How many other guy are in the NBA that has his skillset and size? Waayyyy better player than who we signed not even close.
30 million a year good? For that kind of money, I want trips to the ECF at minimum.

Hayward does not move the needle for that kind of money.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#248 » by Snakebites » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:34 pm

zeebneeb wrote:
mattao313 wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:Worst contract in the past decade easy. Half broken, aging, Marginal all-star receiving superstar money.

30 million a year good? For that kind of money, I want trips to the ECF at minimum.

I think a case can be made that a fully healthy Hayward with no durability issues could be worth that.

But that's the issue, isn't it? He's not.
Han Solo
General Manager
And1: 7,443

Post#249 » by Han Solo » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:37 pm

zeebneeb wrote:

It could be worse...

The NBA sports card market is insane though. Cards bringing in record setting prices weekly and sell out before they hit the shelves.

Never seen anything like it.
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#250 » by mattao313 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:49 pm

Snakebites wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:
mattao313 wrote:LOL Hayward is crazy underrated big wing that can score at three levels and playmake is a premium in the NBA. How many other guy are in the NBA that has his skillset and size? Waayyyy better player than who we signed not even close.

I think a case can be made that a fully healthy Hayward with no durability issues could be worth that.

But that's the issue, isn't it? He's not.

Hayward has no chronic health issues
Championships
bjones521
Pro Prospect
And1: 392

Post#251 » by bjones521 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:40 pm

Question, why hasn't this website or even Woj report the Grant signing? Grant hasn't tweeted it or anything. Im still holding out hope that it isn't happening
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#252 » by Snakebites » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:43 pm

bjones521 wrote:Question, why hasn't this website or even Woj report the Grant signing? Grant hasn't tweeted it or anything. Im still holding out hope that it isn't happening

Let go.

Woj retweeted someone else explaining how the deal works cap wise. He never tweeted the signing itself because he’s not the one who broke it.

If you’re looking for arbitrary validation, ESPN has Grant on the Pistons roster.

And Realgm means nothing- they haven’t had their own reporting in a long time- they just copy/paste from other places.

I’d like for it not to be true. But clearly it is.
bjones521
Pro Prospect
And1: 392

Post#253 » by bjones521 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:50 pm

Snakebites wrote:
bjones521 wrote:Question, why hasn't this website or even Woj report the Grant signing? Grant hasn't tweeted it or anything. Im still holding out hope that it isn't happening

Let go.

Woj retweeted someone else explaining how the deal works cap wise. He never tweeted the signing itself because he’s not the one who broke it.

If you’re looking for arbitrary validation, ESPN has Grant on the Pistons roster.

And Realgm means nothing- they haven’t had their own reporting in a long time- they just copy/paste from other places.

I’d like for it not to be true. But clearly it is.

Damn :banghead: So we have Griffin, Grant and Sekou and PF's on our roster. Great
BJK1
Senior

Post#254 » by BJK1 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:52 pm

Deals can’t be signed until Sunday at 12:01 pm, so nothing will be formally announced until then. But the deal has been reported/confirmed by pretty much every credible sportswriter. The question at that time will be whether Grant’s and Plumlee’s deal (yuck) are outright signings or, since they are both coming from the same team, if some sort of sign and trade has been worked out with Denver?
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#255 » by Snakebites » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:54 pm

BJK1 wrote:Deals can’t be signed until Sunday at 12:01 pm, so nothing will be formally announced until then. But the deal has been reported/confirmed by pretty much every credible sportswriter. The question at that time will be whether Grant’s and Plumlee’s deal (yuck) are outright signings or, since they are both coming from the same team, if some sort of sign and trade has been worked out with Denver?

It’s been demonstrated how we clear enough space to sign them outright. There’s no reason for it to be a S/T.
BJK1
Senior

Post#256 » by BJK1 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:57 pm

Snakebites wrote:
BJK1 wrote:Deals can’t be signed until Sunday at 12:01 pm, so nothing will be formally announced until then. But the deal has been reported/confirmed by pretty much every credible sportswriter. The question at that time will be whether Grant’s and Plumlee’s deal (yuck) are outright signings or, since they are both coming from the same team, if some sort of sign and trade has been worked out with Denver?

It’s been demonstrated how we clear enough space to sign them outright. There’s no reason for it to be a S/T.

Yeah, I’ve read that. I just decided to throw out some irresponsible speculation just like Weaver throws out money. 8-)
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#257 » by Pharaoh » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:00 pm

Plumlee 24, Stewart 24
Blake 28, Grant 10, Okafor/Bradley 10
Grant 20, Sekou 28
Bey 20, Svi 24, Hayes 4
Hayes 20, Rose 28

Okafor/Bradley + Wright & Jackson get minutes if they earn them.

Extremely young roster, loads of minutes for the kids and the only vets on the roster are "quality character" guys.

We're longer, more athletic, far more defensive minded, have lots of switchable bodies on the wing...

Racing to the bottom 5 in the league is easy

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,225

Post#258 » by thesack12 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:02 pm

Pharaoh wrote:Plumlee 24, Stewart 24
Blake 28, Grant 10, Okafor/Bradley 10
Grant 20, Sekou 28
Bey 20, Svi 24, Hayes 4
Hayes 20, Rose 28

Okafor/Bradley + Wright & Jackson get minutes if they earn them.

Extremely young roster, loads of minutes for the kids and the only vets on the roster are "quality character" guys.

We're longer, more athletic, lots of switchable bodies on the wing...

Racing to the bottom 5 in the league is easy

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app

You forgot Delon Wright, Josh Jackson, Rodney McGruder, Musa.

All the kids are buried.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#259 » by Snakebites » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:22 pm

BJK1 wrote:
Snakebites wrote:

Yeah, I’ve read that. I just decided to throw out some irresponsible speculation just like Weaver throws out money. 8-)

To be clear, it hasn't been speculated, it's been REPORTED what we're doing to sign them outright.
BJK1
Senior

Post#260 » by BJK1 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:28 pm

Snakebites wrote:
BJK1 wrote:
Snakebites wrote:It’s been demonstrated how we clear enough space to sign them outright. There’s no reason for it to be a S/T.

To be clear, it hasn't been speculated, it's been REPORTED what we're doing to sign them outright.

Sorry, let me clarify - I was referring to myself as the one throwing the irresponsible speculation out there. Probably didn’t come out as clearly as it could have.

Return to Detroit Pistons