ImageImageImage

How to fix the "bigs" problems now?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Norseman79
Sixth Man
And1: 561

Re: How to fix the 

Post#201 » by Norseman79 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:26 pm

Here are two names I would consider at a cheap price, Skal L and Hollis-Jefferson...both rebound and play solid defense. Honestly, I wouldn't hesitate to start RHJ at the 3, especially if Juancho is back at the 4.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,169

Post#202 » by Neeva » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:51 pm

Milsap gone oh well he looked ancient and pretty useless against the Lakers in the playoffs anyway.
Dual
Veteran
And1: 1,494

Post#203 » by Dual » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:51 pm

Millsap flyed so, a trade should be if we want a good pf.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,169

Post#204 » by Neeva » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:53 pm

Dual wrote:Millsap flyed so, a trade should be if we want a good pf.

Wait till the deadline to flip Beasley/Vanderbilt for Aaron Gordon?
Dual
Veteran
And1: 1,494

Post#205 » by Dual » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:56 pm

Neeva wrote:
Dual wrote:Millsap flyed so, a trade should be if we want a good pf.

Wait till the deadline to flip Beasley/Vanderbilt for Aaron Gordon?

The way the Wolves court Beasley don't point that way. They think Beasley is a key part of Wolves future, not a trading chip imho
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#206 » by IceManBK1 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:56 pm

We did nth to improve our defense...I guess RHJ for vet min and Tristan Thompson with the MLE. No other choices. Unless Rosas suprise us with trades.
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#207 » by IceManBK1 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:01 pm

Would Okogie+2nd rder be suffice to make a trade for Bulls' Thadeus Young? Solid 3D guy.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,970

Post#208 » by shrink » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:02 pm

So I have been giving a lot of thought to what we can do about the PF position, and I’m not sure there is an answer better than Juancho right now, but I thought it might help to define the question, and maybe you can think of someone I can’t.

First, I’m not seeing match left in free agency, but if people see anyone better than Juancho, who we can get for the MLE, let me know.

Second, the draft is over, so that leaves trades. The matching Johnson salary is gone, and I think Rubio is here for a little while. This takes a deal for an expensive player off the table. With most vets on higher salaries, we likely would need to match a salary of $7 mil or less, so most likely a young player still on rookie scale. As a trade asset, we’ve probably marooned Okogie at least, so that’s our trade asset.

For skills, we need someone good at defense, rebounding, and with Rubio now, average three point shooting is probably even more important. He needs to be able to guard players out to the perimeter. Where we can take a weaker player is we don’t need a true scorer, or really someone with good ball skills. I guess we could include Culver, but I suspect Rosas wants to see who he is.

Can we find anyone better than Juancho within these constraints? I doubt it - he seems like our starter for now, but I’m open to ideas
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#209 » by Merc_Porto » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:03 pm

IceManBK1 wrote:Would Okogie+2nd rder be suffice to make a trade for Bulls' Thadeus Young? Solid 3D guy.

Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#210 » by Mattya » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:06 pm

I like RHJ even if he can’t shoot outside the paint.
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 835

Post#211 » by UnFadeable21 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:06 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,678

Re: How to fix the "bigs" problems now? 

Post#212 » by minimus » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:08 pm

mercgold3 wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:Would Okogie+2nd rder be suffice to make a trade for Bulls' Thadeus Young? Solid 3D guy.

This guy IceManBK1 is unstoppable!
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,931

Post#213 » by wolves_89 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:09 pm

shrink wrote:So I have been giving a lot of thought to what we can do about the PF position, and I’m not sure there is an answer better than Juancho right now, but I thought it might help to define the question, and maybe you can think of someone I can’t.

First, I’m not seeing match left in free agency, but if people see anyone better than Juancho, who we can get for the MLE, let me know.

Second, the draft is over, so that leaves trades. The matching Johnson salary is gone, and I think Rubio is here for a little while. This takes a deal for an expensive player off the table. With most vets on higher salaries, we likely would need to match a salary of $7 mil or less, so most likely a young player still on rookie scale. As a trade asset, we’ve probably marooned Okogie at least, so that’s our trade asset.

For skills, we need someone good at defense, rebounding, and with Rubio now, average three point shooting is probably even more important. He needs to be able to guard players out to the perimeter. Where we can take a weaker player is we don’t need a true scorer, or really someone with good ball skills. I guess we could include Culver, but I suspect Rosas wants to see who he is.

Can we find anyone better than Juancho within these constraints? I doubt it - he seems like our starter for now, but I’m open to ideas

I can't see any option other than to re-sign Hernangomez and pray Vanderbilt can turn potential into production. My prediction is that one of Beasley/Culver gets moved by the trade deadline with a PF coming back.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,652

Post#214 » by KGdaBom » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:10 pm

Skybox wrote:I still think Aaron Gordon would look really good next to Kat and ALL of your wings. Tough D, opportunistic offense, good passer, rebounds. He could be your young Draymond..not sure what the deal is anymore without JJ's deal. ORL wouldn't want Juancho at 10k for 3 as filler. Does MIN have space or a TPE to help absorb AG? I suppose it's a good thing not to have "filler" deals up and down your roster-congrats on your offseason so far-I like it!

Thanks. Rubio is very good. Far better than Ball and we got him for part of the 17th pick in the draft. Edwards is exciting and comes with loads of question marks. I don't get us paying so much for Beasley. Bolmaro is very similar to Ball, but with better shooting and much better defense. McDaniels is one of the highest potential players in the draft.
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,931

Post#215 » by wolves_89 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:11 pm

mercgold3 wrote:

I have absolutely no interest in revisiting the awful Thad Young in Minnesota experiment.
Merc_Porto
General Manager

Post#216 » by Merc_Porto » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:13 pm

KGdaBom wrote:Bolmaro is very similar to Ball, but with better shooting and much better defense.

Yeah, right :roll:
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#217 » by KGdaBom » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:16 pm

mercgold3 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Bolmaro is very similar to Ball, but with better shooting and much better defense.

You disagree? :noway: :crazy:
Merc_Porto
General Manager

Post#218 » by Merc_Porto » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:18 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:

Are you seriously suggesting that Bolmaro is better than Ball?
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#219 » by KGdaBom » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:19 pm

mercgold3 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:

Are you seriously suggesting that Bolmaro is better than Ball?

Yes I am. Both great ball handlers true, but Bolmaro is the better shooter and the better defender.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,970

Post#220 » by shrink » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:20 pm

wolves_89 wrote:
shrink wrote:So I have been giving a lot of thought to what we can do about the PF position, and I’m not sure there is an answer better than Juancho right now, but I thought it might help to define the question, and maybe you can think of someone I can’t.

I can't see any option other than to re-sign Hernangomez and pray Vanderbilt can turn potential into production. My prediction is that one of Beasley/Culver gets moved by the trade deadline with a PF coming back.

I agree that we could see a trade at the deadline. One of the aspects of signing our RFA’s is that we use their Bird rights to add salary that we could use to match a player in a trade later.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves