ImageImageImage

Trade Thread #7: The Tide is Turning, but still Myles to go

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,681

Re: Trade Thread #7: The Tide is Turning, but still Myles to go 

Post#1941 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:27 pm

Well the hornets board absolutely hates the signing of Hayward.

Ps lock this topic so the count stops and I can make the wall of shame..
*Insert witty signature here.*
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,589

Post#1942 » by The Corey's » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:27 pm

Hayward wasn't even half the Celtic Vitaly Potapenko was.

What a bum.
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,281

Post#1943 » by chrisab123 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:28 pm

The Corey's wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:
So because the Heat beat the Celtics last year that means they are "demonstrably better"?

I'm not sure what your argument is lol.

They beat Boston in the playoffs and their roster is better top to bottom. The Heat have a better coach...

Not sure how you can make an argument that the Celtics are even on the same level as the Heat right now. Please take off the green glasses.

They had their way with the celtics. That series wasn't even close.

And the one thing that made that possible was our lack of centers which we haven't even addressed.

But hey, brown and tatum withh make such a gigantic leap that having a center will only slow them down.

Timelord for MIP. Don't worry.
chrisab123
RealGM

Post#1944 » by chrisab123 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:28 pm

themoneyteam2 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:
They beat Boston in the playoffs and their roster is better top to bottom. The Heat have a better coach...

Not sure how you can make an argument that the Celtics are even on the same level as the Heat right now. Please take off the green glasses.

And the one thing that made that possible was our lack of centers which we haven't even addressed.

But hey, brown and tatum withh make such a gigantic leap that having a center will only slow them down.

I thInk it was more blowing big leads which was the story. IIRC, Celtics and Heat scored same amount of points that series. No doubt lack of center hurt them but I don't see how the Heat are "demonstrably better" than the Celtics after losing Hayward (a series which he was a non-factor in)?

Did you watch the same series as us?
SMTBSI
RealGM
And1: 25,281

Post#1945 » by SMTBSI » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:29 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
reload141 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Nope, we still have it but cant stack TPEs like you can salary.

Oh I meant more, we can use the full MLE on a player, full BAE on a player and trade for a player under $5mil into the TPE, is that doable?

need a cap expert for that. I could do some math I guess too

Yes, we can use all three fully, with no issue.
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,287

Post#1946 » by themoneyteam2 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:29 pm

chrisab123 wrote:
Bohemian wrote:Losing Hayward and keeping Ojeleye... That tells you everything

How did Brad handle his roster when Hayward left Butler? That will possibly give us a clue going forward.

Went back to the championship with Shelvin Mack driving the truck. Not sure how a college program would give us any indication of how this NBA roster will be handled going forward lol. Actually there are zero clues..
BigTrade92
General Manager
And1: 10,685

Post#1947 » by BigTrade92 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:29 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:Just got home.

Hayward left to Charlotte, for free???
Danny messed this one up.

I knew that the Pacers thing was taking too long.
Should have taken Turner and McDermott.
again, how can you take something that wasn't there, the choice was on Hayward, not us.

You’re conveniently missing the part where Ainge took a full day to haggle over the return and allowed Charlotte to recoup from the Harrell failure and pivot to Hayward.
StojkoVrankovic
RealGM
And1: 9,600

Post#1948 » by StojkoVrankovic » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:29 pm

chrisab123 wrote:

How did Brad handle his roster when Hayward left Butler? That will possibly give us a clue going forward.

he wins regardless of who leaves the team
RIP texas celtic, 12/10/14 - 12/10/14
Metro
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#1949 » by Metro » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:29 pm

Read on Twitter

Haven't seen this in the last 10 pages, just got home - is there a small sign and trade coming? Much less than the package from Indiana, but might be able to salvage something... a protected 2nd is something lol.
chrisab123
RealGM

Post#1950 » by chrisab123 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:29 pm

The Corey's wrote:Hayward wasn't even half the Celtic Vitaly Potapenko was.

What a bum.

Vin Baker was a more memorable Celtic...
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,059

Post#1951 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:30 pm

The Corey's wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Lost.him for nothing.

Green teamers can't see it but that's just lol.

Idk if you know this, but losing guys for nothing is usually how free agency works. Utah lost him for nothing. We lost Ray for nothing. Cleveland lost LeBron for nothing. Miami lost LeBron for nothing. Clippers lost Harrell for nothing. You see how it works? It's very simple.

I can't even with you right now.

You people.too busy being snark looking for the quick clap back and1 it disgust me.

I'm aware how free agency works.

Are you aware how not fielding a championship team typically cost you your job?

The red Sox have had not 1, not 2 but THREE gms win the same amount of championships as danny and that bought them zero amount of security.

And that's how it works.

I had to explain free agency, do I now have to explain the difference between the MLB and NBA? Lol

I've gone on record like a few days ago, saying that if Danny and Brad don't show me something until the end of the season, I'd be ok with moving on from both. Not because I think they suck, but because I think the master plans have flamed out and new faces might provide new opportunities. I dislike how he drafts and I hate how he didn't try harder to give us a better chance at a ring last year. The Pritchard pick and the one we traded away for two seconds, they could have been turned into a Bertans or D.Rose at the deadline and maybe one of those guys pushes us into the finals. But to whine and cry about him losing Hayward or not being able to build a second championship team is rough. There are so many GM's with so much more resources that can't get one..OKC had three MVP caliber players and won nothing..Orlando is geographically in a great spot and wins nothing..teams like Sacto and Phoenix draft in the top 10 every year and have nothing. The Clippers are in LA and win nothing. New York is friggin NEW YORK and wins nothing. Why sit there and act like this is so easy and the simple answer is fire Ainge?
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,681

Post#1952 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:30 pm

I just want to see another guy above 6'8 signed. This team is going to get out rebounded by 50 every night.
*Insert witty signature here.*
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,287

Post#1953 » by themoneyteam2 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:30 pm

chrisab123 wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

I thInk it was more blowing big leads which was the story. IIRC, Celtics and Heat scored same amount of points that series. No doubt lack of center hurt them but I don't see how the Heat are "demonstrably better" than the Celtics after losing Hayward (a series which he was a non-factor in)?

Yeah I saw the Celtics blow big leads in multiple games, score same amount of points in the series, and have a lack of center that Bam feasted on. Where am I wrong? I believe all those things happened did they not? Are you always this insufferable or just today?

I'm just wondering how the Heat are "demonstrably better" and for some reason you refuse to answer.
chrisab123
RealGM

Post#1954 » by chrisab123 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:31 pm

StojkoVrankovic wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:

he wins regardless of who leaves the team

Cool. How many titles? Winning is pretty subjective. Right now he's a good but not great coach who is running an NBA team like a successful college program
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#1955 » by The Corey's » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:31 pm

chrisab123 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:Hayward wasn't even half the Celtic Vitaly Potapenko was.

What a bum.

Vin Baker was a more memorable Celtic...

SOMEONE DANNY DIDNT LOSE FOR **** NOTHING

Danny used to be so good. Some where along the line he got too attached to his boys.
SMTBSI
RealGM
And1: 25,281

Post#1956 » by SMTBSI » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:32 pm

chrisab123 wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

You mean the series where if Tatum hits that buzzer beater in game one, we probably lead the series 3-2?

Miami won. Credit to them. They were better.

But the "it wasn't even close" take is so, so lazy.
chrisab123
RealGM

Post#1957 » by chrisab123 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:32 pm

themoneyteam2 wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:

Yeah I saw the Celtics blow big leads in multiple games, score same amount of points in the series, and have a lack of center that Bam feasted on. Where am I wrong? I believe all those things happened did they not? Are you always this insufferable or just today?

I'm just wondering how the Heat are "demonstrably better" and for some reason you refuse to answer.

I answered it. You just don't like the answer.

Their two stars are equal to yours
They have much better depth
They have a much better coach
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#1958 » by Darth Celtic » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:32 pm

BigTrade92 wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:Just got home.

Hayward left to Charlotte, for free???
Danny messed this one up.

I knew that the Pacers thing was taking too long.
Should have taken Turner and McDermott.
again, how can you take something that wasn't there, the choice was on Hayward, not us.

You’re conveniently missing the part where Ainge took a full day to haggle over the return and allowed Charlotte to recoup from the Harrell failure and pivot to Hayward.

so you feel gordon hayward was going to accept the sign and trade for 4/100m to pacers at 601pm on friday if we gave it to him.

The same guy who took forever last time and up to the last min on a 2 day exetension of his opt out.........

Give me some of that you are taking please.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
darrendaye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,966

Post#1959 » by darrendaye » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:32 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:Somewhere Jae Crowder is laughing his ass off.

And I don't even want to know what's going on in the Jazz forum right now.
Thanks Brad for answering my ad,
"Boston Celtics Barbershop, cutters wanted."
But after KP, your C play? You broke my heart Fredo.

ajones9219 wrote:Is handsome Squidward playing?
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#1960 » by The Corey's » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:33 pm

themoneyteam2 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:

I think it's mind blowing that grown men playing the game thier whole life couldn't even figure out a simple zone defense

I think it's mind blowing that danny continues to lose assets and replacing them with nothing.

I don't think it's mind blowing to say the celtics really had thier ass handed to them.

Return to Boston Celtics