ImageImageImage

***The 2020 NBA Off-Season Thread***

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Re: ***The 2020 NBA Off-Season Thread*** 

Post#421 » by Dewey » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:11 am

If FA signing is an issue It would tell me players don’t see KAT and DLo as a legit #1 and #2 ... you can make all the other excuses you want
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#422 » by Merc_Porto » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:13 am

Dewey wrote:If FA signing is an issue It would tell me players don’t see KAT and DLo as a legit #1 and #2 ... you can make all the other excuses you want

We have a legit #1 in KAT, i dont see a legit #2, #3 in DLo.
And that sucks!

Hopefully, Edwards can be something.
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#423 » by IceManBK1 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:15 am

Dewey wrote:If FA signing is an issue It would tell me players don’t see KAT and DLo as a legit #1 and #2 ... you can make all the other excuses you want

Yea they need to play to win games, not for contracts or stats...seriously, with the lack of depth on this team. they'll have to play like legit superstars for this team to make the playoffs.
Norseman79
Sixth Man
And1: 561

Post#424 » by Norseman79 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:16 am

Rosas has said he will not fill a position just to fill it. With limited funds my guess is they have a few specific targets and are letting things play out to see if a better deal comes along.

Juancho and RHJ is my guess unless a trade happens.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#425 » by Krapinsky » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:19 am

Norseman79 wrote:Rondae Hollis-Jefferson is still available right? Can't shoot, but perfect defensive and rebounding SF. Would be a beast in transition with Rubio

Seems like he would be redundant with Okogie already on the roster.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,527

Post#426 » by Worm Guts » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:21 am

Krapinsky wrote:
Norseman79 wrote:Rondae Hollis-Jefferson is still available right? Can't shoot, but perfect defensive and rebounding SF. Would be a beast in transition with Rubio

He’s a few inches taller than Okogie, and I the big concern is having a bigger defender in the rotation.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,192

Post#427 » by Neeva » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:22 am

Or players just dont want to live in Minnesota. No wonder prospective buyers want to move the team away.
Norseman79
Sixth Man

Post#428 » by Norseman79 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:23 am

mercgold3 wrote:

And that sucks!

I would tell you we have a legit 2 &3 in Towns and DLO, the reason we swung at Edwards is because he has the best chance to be complimentary #1 to the other two. If Edwards is legit and a star, we are set. No teams ponied up a legit star, they were offered good players, but Rosas knows they need a star. As I said, RHJ and Juancho and I am ok for now, not great but trades will be coming.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,897

Post#429 » by Klomp » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:24 am

IceManBK1 wrote:we cant sign/trade for anyone...is it cuz the cold weather in Minny? Or the losing culture of the org? Doesn't seem like Rosas is adapt at getting deals done.

That's the same amount of money we could possibly offer (and we probably didn't even offer the full MLE). I'm not upset about missing out on really anyone at this point.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Norseman79
Sixth Man

Post#430 » by Norseman79 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:25 am

Worm Guts wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:

He’s a few inches taller than Okogie, and I the big concern is having a bigger defender in the rotation.

Exactly! RHJ is actually great on boards as well, especially from the 3 spot. He would offer nothing on offense but glass crashing and rim running, but a 6'6 Okoge is better than a 6'2 one.
Wolves21
Sixth Man
And1: 400

Post#431 » by Wolves21 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:28 am

Well can't really blame any FA for not picking the Wolves over other options.Besides the KG era been trash baring the one full season with Jimmy and made the playoffs once in the last 16 seasons.Plus don't really have that much money to go after any top tier or even 2nd tier talents with money tied up in KAT,Russell,Rubio and now Beasley.

Just remember when the Wolves have had money in the past to sign talents we've end up with the likes of Jeff Teague,Joe Smith,Mike James,Troy Hudson....ect
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#432 » by Krapinsky » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:28 am

Worm Guts wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:

Sure and I get that, but I think you probably can't play those guys together (or at least would want to avoid it) and there are only so many wing minutes to go around.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#433 » by IceManBK1 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:29 am

Worm Guts wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:

okogie 6'4, rhj is 6'6 but plays like 6'8...we can't have these 6'4, 6'6 guys guarding the big and tall pfs.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#434 » by Merc_Porto » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:31 am

Norseman79 wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:

And that sucks!

I would tell you we have a legit 2 &3 in Towns and DLO, the reason we swung at Edwards is because he has the best chance to be complimentary #1 to the other two. If Edwards is legit and a star, we are set. No teams ponied up a legit star, they were offered good players, but Rosas knows they need a star. As I said, RHJ and Juancho and I am ok for now, not great but trades will be coming.

Between RHJ and Juancho i rather roll with Layman at PF.
I dont see DLO being a star, it feels Andrew Wiggins all over again. The perception around the league or at least around the fans is the same as it was with Andrew Wiggins in first 2/3 years. Only us (majority) Wolves fans see in DLO anything more than what he really is.

And we are paying him all-star money... Not only that, we gave a FRP pick for him. If it wasnt for the money we invested in him and the prespective that he can improve i would say that Rubio in a short amount of time would start over him (even thought i believe they can play together)
Norseman79
Sixth Man

Post#435 » by Norseman79 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:41 am

IceManBK1 wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:

okogie 6'4, rhj is 6'6 but plays like 6'8...we can't have these 6'4, 6'6 guys guarding the big and tall pfs.

Agreed, I sign RHJ as a SF not a PF. He isn't my first pick and I would be fine if we passed, but SF and PF are still a need
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#436 » by Klomp » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:42 am

Old friend

Read on Twitter
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,319

Post#437 » by Calinks » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:10 am

Sad truth is even with cap, we are limited. It's just harder for us to get Free Agents than it is for many other teams. We have to build a resume up first and Rosas probably plans to build this team up through trades, drafts, and smart value signings. He completely transformed this roster in his first season, he can and will do it again if he feels the need to.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
wildvikeswolves
Starter
And1: 577

Post#438 » by wildvikeswolves » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:21 am

Klomp wrote:Old friend

Read on Twitter

That’s unfortunate for them!
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,319

Post#439 » by Calinks » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:55 am

Ibaka on the Clips
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#440 » by Klomp » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:07 pm

Something to think about in regards to the team's salary structure. Due to the trade, it's easy to say Rubio took Johnson's place on the salary sheet. Then people look at Beasley and Edwards and wonder how Minnesota can fit under the tax. Remember they also have the salary slots from Evan Turner and Allen Crabbe. Those are essentially where Beasley and Edwards are fitting into.

As for having lots of money invested on the perimeter, keep in mind that this isn't exactly unusual. Houston has over $90 million invested in Harden, Westbrook and Gordon. Brooklyn has $80 million invested in Durant, Irving and Dinwiddie. Golden State will owe nearly $108 million to Curry, Thompson and Wiggins.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves