[SHAMS] KCP Back to Lakers, 3 yrs 40 mil.....

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,977

Re: [SHAMS] KCP Back to Lakers, 3 yrs 40 mil..... 

Post#61 » by zimpy27 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:12 am

Pharmcat wrote:
Biased_Fan6425 wrote:So no extra max contract next year?

I love KCP but they should have offered him a 1 year balloon contract like before.

No Bogdan then.

Sent from my IN2013 using RealGM mobile app

agreed

or if they were going to go into 21 cap space then do it for someone better like bogdan

They can still get Bogdan
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,550

Post#62 » by Dominator83 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:14 am

toodarkmark wrote:Two starters? That's all it took to win a world championship? Amazing.

This is exactly what he should have gotten against the hard cap and them having his bird rights. He probably could have gotten more money from the desperate ass Knicks and the Hawks. Hawks probably moved on to Rondo when KCP came back.

This is literally the perfect deal for KCP in this situation. Lakers are the best run organization IMO. Which is shocking because two years ago they were a mess.

It helps when Lebron comes and hands you a get out of jail free card.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
SleepingDragon
Senior
And1: 490

Post#63 » by SleepingDragon » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:14 am

I love KCP but they should have offered him a 1 year balloon contract like before.

No Bogdan then.

Giannis joining the Lakers is a pipe dream anyways, I doubt he wants to be hated like Durant while being the 3rd best player on the Lakers.

Especially if the Lakers repeat as the NBA champs, which with the current signings should put us as one of the favorites.
kingr
Head Coach
And1: 2,658

Post#64 » by kingr » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:16 am

For being a huge reason why the lakers just won a championship, he deserves it. Well earned.
_qubik
Starter
And1: 1,336

Post#65 » by _qubik » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:16 am

Lakers got KCP back + Wes Matthews with Danny Green money, they got it great. Lakers FO doing very well in the free agency, losing Rondo and D12 will hurt, but they retooled nicely.
TheGOATWill
Analyst
And1: 3,810

Post#66 » by TheGOATWill » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:18 am

No Bogdan then.

I remember reading here players that are going to S/T have to be on a 3 year deal minimum. Perhaps there’s a CBA scientist out there somewhere who could explain this better?
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#67 » by dockingsched » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:28 am

Pharmcat wrote:

No Bogdan then.

agreed

or if they were going to go into 21 cap space then do it for someone better like bogdan

These are the type of posts that have no basis in reality.

“They should’ve done it for Bogdan”

As if the Lakers are in complete control over:

1. The amount Bogdan is asking for
2. The amount the Kings aren’t simply willing to match
3. The Kings asking price to facilitate a sign n trade
4. The amount KCP is asking for and if he’s even willing to go to Sacramento to make the trade work
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,977

Post#68 » by zimpy27 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:34 am

_qubik wrote:Lakers got KCP back + Wes Matthews with Danny Green money, they got it great. Lakers FO doing very well in the free agency, losing Rondo and D12 will hurt, but they retooled nicely.

D12 was an unnecessary loss
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Post#69 » by NoZoLakers » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:36 am

Pinkyring wrote:
Liam_Gallagher wrote:They’re the deepest team in the league now.

G - James/Shroeder
G - Caruso/Matthews
F - KCP/THT
F - Davis/Kuzma
C - McGee/HARRELL

That's not depth, they still only have 2 real starters and that 2/3 spot has to be the weakest in the league based on your depth chart

only had 2 real starters last season too, worked out ok
NY 567
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,437

Post#70 » by NY 567 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:39 am

He's not a starting caliber player on most teams. Decent 3 and D guard. I guess the Lakers don't want to rock the boat too much.
Jabroni Lames
Analyst
And1: 3,899

Post#71 » by Jabroni Lames » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:40 am

Joining Klutch early on was the smartest decision of KCP’s career.
NoZoLakers
General Manager

Post#72 » by NoZoLakers » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:45 am

zimpy27 wrote:
_qubik wrote:Lakers got KCP back + Wes Matthews with Danny Green money, they got it great. Lakers FO doing very well in the free agency, losing Rondo and D12 will hurt, but they retooled nicely.

agreed here, miscommunication but i don't think Harrell happens with Howard back, would've rather done Howard n say Crowder on his mle deal
NoZoLakers
General Manager

Post#73 » by NoZoLakers » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:47 am

NY 567 wrote:He's not a starting caliber player on most teams. Decent 3 and D guard. I guess the Lakers don't want to rock the boat too much.

40% from 3s is more than decent n even upped that % in the playoffs as oppose to that chump green who got more than kcp n did absolutely jack
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,066

Post#74 » by The Real Dalic » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:04 am

toodarkmark wrote:Two starters? That's all it took to win a world championship? Amazing.

This is exactly what he should have gotten against the hard cap and them having his bird rights. He probably could have gotten more money from the desperate ass Knicks and the Hawks. Hawks probably moved on to Rondo when KCP came back.

This is literally the perfect deal for KCP in this situation. Lakers are the best run organization IMO. Which is shocking because two years ago they were a mess.

Yeah, I'm sure it's so hard to run a team in LA. It's not like Superstars go there even when they suck. :roll:

No, they're far from the "best run organization." They just happen to be in the area most young athletes want to go. They do a good job of taking advantage of their situation, but if they were based in San Antonio, Utah, or Oklahoma, they wouldn't be as well run as those teams currently are.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
coopboii
Senior
And1: 591

Post#75 » by coopboii » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:06 am

Crucial signing. A bit steep, but honestly they needed KCP back. If he is consistently doing the things he did in the finals all next season this turns into a steal honestly.
Frank Dux
Head Coach
And1: 9,265

Post#76 » by Frank Dux » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:07 am

championship starter who hits threes and defends. i don’t see how 13 million a year for three seasons is an overpay.
toodarkmark
Sophomore
And1: 489

Post#77 » by toodarkmark » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:15 am

The Real Dalic wrote:

Yeah, I'm sure it's so hard to run a team in LA. It's not like Superstars go there even when they suck. :roll:

No, they're far from the "best run organization." They just happen to be in the area most young athletes want to go. They do a good job of taking advantage of their situation, but if they were based in San Antonio, Utah, or Oklahoma, they wouldn't be as well run as those teams currently are.

Then why did the Lakers have so many losing seasons? If it's where young players want to go? If it's that easy? Why were they in the lottery 2014 to 2018?
Blazer1776
Junior
And1: 187

Post#78 » by Blazer1776 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:23 am

toodarkmark wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:

Then why did the Lakers have so many losing seasons? If it's where young players want to go? If it's that easy? Why were they in the lottery 2014 to 2018?

If you don’t think there are large, inherent perks, to being the Lakers organization, comparative nearly any other team in the league, I don’t know what to say.

While I think it is a bit over-blown at times, you never have stars turning down good situations basketball wise, simply because they don’t want to leave where the team is located.
LakersSoul
Head Coach
And1: 4,486

Post#79 » by LakersSoul » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:25 am

NoZoLakers wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

agreed here, miscommunication but i don't think Harrell happens with Howard back, would've rather done Howard n say Crowder on his mle deal

I think we will add another c with mle.

You will also change your stance on Harrell once he starts scoring and rebounding in bunches for the team. He is going to be a fan favorite.

Next year we won’t get out scored and when Bron rests, we are going to still kill it with Schröder, AD and Harrell. This is a super, super deadly team. Just need supporting mle casts (wing, guard and center).

It’s not even going to be fair at times.

"Westy, LeBron + AD to rule the West.
Return of the King, the Lakers."
Pennebaker
Head Coach
And1: 5,577

Post#80 » by Pennebaker » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:36 am

Pinkyring wrote:Ewwwww haven't they overpaid him enough already

Did you even watch the NBA Finals?

Return to The General Board