ImageImageImage

Welcome to Boston, Jeff Teague!

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,983

Re: Welcome to Boston, Jeff Teague! 

Post#21 » by jfs1000d » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:09 am

This board. Guy gets a decent big on a decent contract, and adds just a steady hand in Teague — 11 year vet — and people are mad. Smh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CSL_1904
Veteran
And1: 3,479

Post#22 » by CSL_1904 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:15 am

I'm confident with this one. Guards usually do very well playing for Brad.
Cuban Pete
Junior
And1: 231

Post#23 » by Cuban Pete » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:19 am

jfs1000d wrote:This board. Guy gets a decent big on a decent contract, and adds just a steady hand in Teague — 11 year vet — and people are mad. Smh.

I hated the Kemba signing. Big panic move by Danny. It's playing out like a sex ed video of "Hansel and Regretta".
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#24 » by Bleeding Green » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:19 am

I'm not mad, I just don't get it. Wanamaker is absolutely better than Jeff Teague. This is not an opinion. He shoots better, fouls less, he's bigger, he's a year younger, literally better in every way. And he signed for 2 mil in GS. Jeff Teague is not a good basketball player and it's not like he has some upside that hasn't been developed yet. But hey, he's been on trash teams the last five years, maybe the scouts see something in him that I don't.

And Tristan Thompson is a pure regular season rotational big to soak up some minutes. Nothing to care about as long as they don't delude themselves into playing him in the playoffs. I mean, he got way too much money and Nerlens Noel is 1000000x better, but whatever.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,446

Post#25 » by SichtingLives » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:22 am

10 miles through the snow uphill both ways
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 9,014

Post#26 » by Bad-Thoma » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:25 am

Bleeding Green wrote:I'm not mad, I just don't get it. Wanamaker is absolutely better than Jeff Teague. This is not an opinion. He shoots better, fouls less, he's bigger, he's a year younger, literally better in every way. And he signed for 2 mil in GS. Jeff Teague is not a good basketball player and it's not like he has some upside that hasn't been developed yet. But hey, he's been on trash teams the last five years, maybe the scouts see something in him that I don't.

And Tristan Thompson is a pure regular season rotational big to soak up some minutes. Nothing to care about as long as they don't delude themselves into playing him in the playoffs. I mean, he got way too much money and Nerlens Noel is 1000000x better, but whatever.

I'd rather have Wanamaker as well but there are a couple things Teague actually does better, handle the ball and pass. He might have come in handy against the Heat when we couldn't get the offense initiated. He fills even more of a vacuum with Hayward's ability to distribute being gone. I'm not excited about Teague but I can see the why for one season.
outcry
Freshman
And1: 95

Post#27 » by outcry » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:29 am

Bleeding Green wrote:I'm not mad, I just don't get it. Wanamaker is absolutely better than Jeff Teague. This is not an opinion. He shoots better, fouls less, he's bigger, he's a year younger, literally better in every way. And he signed for 2 mil in GS. Jeff Teague is not a good basketball player and it's not like he has some upside that hasn't been developed yet. But hey, he's been on trash teams the last five years, maybe the scouts see something in him that I don't.

How long was Wanamaker overseas compared to Teague? There’s a reason for that. I would definitely take Teague over Wanamaker. There isn’t even a debate for me. Similar players, but Teague has been in the league far longer.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,270

Post#28 » by brackdan70 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:30 am

I kind of liked Wanamaker...he was solid. But Teague is ok.
Sign here
TommyPointGawd
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,817

Post#29 » by TommyPointGawd » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:31 am

I apologize for the things I have said in the past. :cry:
SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,446

Post#30 » by SichtingLives » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:33 am

Teague is an upgrade over Wanamaker, sort of. When Kemba load manages I'd rather have Teague starting.
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,650

Post#31 » by Green89 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:38 am

Wanamaker is absolutely not better than Teague. If Kemba needs some time off, Teague can easily step in and start for a stretch. Brad W. could not consistently do that. You're confusing a good in stretches bench guy to a solid starting caliber, playoff veteran guard. It's not even close.
Jammer
General Manager
And1: 2,868

Post#32 » by Jammer » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:39 am

Jeff, I've watched you play around 200 games. Welcome to Boston.

:clap: :hug: :wizard: :rockon:
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,490

Post#33 » by Patsfan1081 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:46 am

TommyPointGawd wrote:Not feeling this one. Teague isnt very good at all.

He’s not great but looking at the list he’s the best out of a bad bunch and def a upgrade over Wannamaker.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,983

Post#34 » by jfs1000d » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:49 am

I agree on Wannamaker, but maybe he wanted out. No chance Noel is better than Thompson.

Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,490

Post#35 » by Patsfan1081 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:56 am

I’m not sure you can say this. Wannamakers % are on a lot fewer attempts and he has absolutely no mid range game. I think Wanamaker is a better three point shooter but he’s a terrible finisher. Teague is a better defender, passer, and has more range and can finish better. He’s def taken a few steps back but you have to wonder if he’ll look different in Boston on a more limited role. I’m honestly not high on either but Teague seems like the best option with what’s left, especially if Pritchard is the alternative.

Noel is def not a better player than TT. TT can actually handle guys in the post, Noel is more let the guy go and try blocking his shot. There’s no reason TT can’t be serviceable in the playoffs.
Spin Move
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,037

Post#36 » by Spin Move » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:06 am

I am 2 for 2 this week on signings, he is a solid backup PG.
Kalela
RealGM
And1: 11,510

Post#37 » by Kalela » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:06 am

I was never a fan of this guy even when he was considered a good player on the Hawks. Still better than nothing though. You need veterans in the playoffs. Even **** ones are better than most rookies.
Fire Mazzulla
SeattleMack
Ballboy
And1: 49

Post#38 » by SeattleMack » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:09 am

Man, I am seeing quite a bit of b itching on this board. How can anyone not be onboard with the Teague and TT signings? Both are solid seasoned pros that are intelligent and will blend in just fine.
Ben-N1ce
RealGM
And1: 19,042

Post#39 » by Ben-N1ce » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:14 am

Brad was the back up point and I dont think I once went wow nice pass
Spin Move
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,037

Post#40 » by Spin Move » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:24 am

One of the big problems with the team last year was a lack of NBA vetrans, Teague and TT have been around the league a long time, Kemba is the only player on the team who has played 7 NBA seasons. This is a solid bench signing for expierance and talent. Teague has started almost 600 NBA games. I wouldn't mind one more vet wing at the min to fill out the roster, I would kick the wheels on Giles at the Vet Min too to round things out.

Return to Boston Celtics