ImageImageImage

How to fix the "bigs" problems now?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,678

How to fix the "bigs" problems now? 

Post#241 » by minimus » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:43 pm

Macwolf527 wrote:Juancho had buffed up a bit over the summer. He easily gained 10 pounds of muscle in my estimate.

If Juanco is around 230-240lbs of functional muscles then starting PF spot will be his from start of the season
DaMplsKid
Junior
And1: 106

Re: How to fix the 

Post#242 » by DaMplsKid » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:45 pm

Are their any euro guys we could bring ove?
Wolves21
Sixth Man
And1: 400

Post#243 » by Wolves21 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:57 pm

I like the idea of Nance as he's still just 27 and on a decent contract for the next three season.Shouldn't cost us as much to trade for him as Gordon and would think Okogie or Culver plus a 2nd or two would be able to get a deal done.While I think trading for Gordon would probably cost us both Okogie/Culver and also a 1st round pick.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,577

Post#244 » by Klomp » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:00 am

Wolves21 wrote:I like the idea of Nance as he's still just 27 and on a decent contract for the next three season.Shouldn't cost us as much to trade for him as Gordon and would think Okogie or Culver plus a 2nd or two would be able to get a deal done.While I think trading for Gordon would probably cost us both Okogie/Culver and also a 1st round pick.

In a deal like that, I would try to get Cleveland to take both Spellman and Evans to make it more worthwhile.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#245 » by moonpie » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:00 am

Nance would be a dream
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,865

Post#246 » by Nick K » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:02 am

wolves_89 wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:Would Okogie+2nd rder be suffice to make a trade for Bulls' Thadeus Young? Solid 3D guy.

I have absolutely no interest in revisiting the awful Thad Young in Minnesota experiment.

Amen. He and more importantly his wife did not want to be here. And he played like it.

I thought it was a great move getting him. Ugh.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#247 » by Jedzz » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:11 am

Klomp wrote:Everyone's pointing to Culver and Okogie as sources for a trade, but one avenue I think merits consideration is Jordan McLaughlin.

Before Jedzz jumps down my throat, I do not want to trade McLaughlin. However, I think he'd be wise to find a better situation for himself with Minnesota trading for Ricky Rubio, and I think it'd be an easy way for Minnesota to add more cheap talent to the PF position potentially if he signed let's say a Layman-type contract.

Minnesota has Russell and Rubio to man the position with Ashton Hagans agreeing to a two-way deal. At this point, I'd be surprised to see McLaughlin back. Why not use him to bring more talent in?

i won't jump down anything. I've been hoping he catches on with another team that would use him for some time now. Certainly thought he should leave if the team chose to add even one more point guard this offseason and they've added so many guards now I don't see the point. I also don't see why they've added Ashton Hagans. The team has proven they are just using the Gleague for injury backup so I'm going to be less inclinded to take interest there in the future. Yes, I will be bent out of shape over them screwing up the Jmac gift they had given themselves. But I can see it's already done. Moving on. Hoping to see him back here to kick the Wolves teeth in wearing a different jersey soon enough. If any other team would want a cheap Lillard, Ish Smith, Augustine or better.

All that said I think your proposition is a good one if they can workout a sign/trade with someone. I see it as a knock on the league that more teams don't come knocking for him. For example, if the Mavericks would have had him as depth in their roster and then had their injuries in the playoffs bubble, I 100% think they beat Clippers with his added firepower, finishing ability. He's exactly what Luca needed alongside him trying to finish that thing. They only had Seth Curry who had no ability to drive the net and take any onball time off Luca's hands. But sounds like they have already bolstered the roster this offseason. Other teams could use him if they weren't scared of his height for whatever reason. Yet if JMac had 1.25 more inches on him apparently that's worth tens or hundreds of millions more. It's a shame on the league that he doesn't yet rate for even a minor deal and role from even a team that saw him doing it close up. Lost some respect for Rosas/Ryan on this one and they are the ones who brought him to our view.
Nick K
Lead Assistant

Post#248 » by Nick K » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:14 am

KGdaBom wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:You disagree? :noway: :crazy:

Are you seriously suggesting that Bolmaro is better than Ball?

Yes I am. Both great ball handlers true, but Bolmaro is the better shooter and the better defender.

All true and Balmaro is not a good shooter. But he's still better than Ball. Overall Balmaro is similar but a safer prospect. Ball is a little flashier of the two. It's possible Ball could be the better player but he would have to make huge strides is several areas of the game.
DaMplsKid
Junior
And1: 106

Post#249 » by DaMplsKid » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:15 am

What’s everyone thoughts on Demarcus Cousins? Maybe being away for so long he has calmed down. He would be great insurance in Towns has an injury knock on wood.
Nick K
Lead Assistant

Post#250 » by Nick K » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:16 am

KGdaBom wrote:
wolves_89 wrote:At the moment our PF/C depth is Towns, Reid, Layman (who is more of a SF), Vanderbilt, Spellman, and McDaniels (who is nowhere close to NBA ready). That's really not a group that instills confidence with training camp 10 days away.

We very much need to bring Juancho back.

My guess is he comes back for 3.5 to 5 mil.
Nick K
Lead Assistant

Post#251 » by Nick K » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:22 am

mercgold3 wrote:I dont like RHJ. At this point i desperately want a trade to happen to get a PF.
My opinion is that we need to start winning early to get some momentum. I dont believe in playing to see what we have, special in a season that we dont control our own pick.

But if we dont make a trade, give me Frank Kaminsky over guys like RHJ.

I really liked Frank Kaminsky at Wisconsin. I kind of lost track of him. My impression was he wasn't as good as I hoped. His numbers look decent for a reserve. I like your idea.

I still think they bring back Juancho.
Nick K
Lead Assistant

Post#252 » by Nick K » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:32 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Nick K wrote:
Slim Tubby wrote:I’m 6’1, 200# and if I was guarding Juancho all game, he wouldn’t grab a single rebound. I’m not saying he’s a bad player but he is NOT our answer for a starting PF. There is a place for him on this roster but he shouldn’t get more than 12-15 minutes per game if we really are a playoff team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree.

Totally disagree. Juancho is a solid rebounder and a very good shooter. He is easily our best option if we do resign him. I think those thinking we can get him for $5M a year are going to be sadly mistaken.

Juancho only gets the easy boards and he doesn't block out. He's lazy or just not taught to stick a hip in anybody.
TLand0026
Ballboy
And1: 13

Post#253 » by TLand0026 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:38 am

DaMplsKid wrote:What’s everyone thoughts on Demarcus Cousins? Maybe being away for so long he has calmed down. He would be great insurance in Towns has an injury knock on wood.

Was just thinking about him the other night...Don't know if the achilles injury has him washed up or not. He played well next to Davis in NOP while they were together. Needs the ball a lot and can be a black hole offensively but what do we have to lose?
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,881

Post#254 » by theGreatRC » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:44 am

DaMplsKid wrote:What’s everyone thoughts on Demarcus Cousins? Maybe being away for so long he has calmed down. He would be great insurance in Towns has an injury knock on wood.

I’d take him...only if he can play pf lol
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,652

Post#255 » by KGdaBom » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:56 am

Nick K wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
wolves_89 wrote:At the moment our PF/C depth is Towns, Reid, Layman (who is more of a SF), Vanderbilt, Spellman, and McDaniels (who is nowhere close to NBA ready). That's really not a group that instills confidence with training camp 10 days away.

We very much need to bring Juancho back.

My guess is he comes back for 3.5 to 5 mil.

I'm predicting he signs for 8M whether with us or somebody else.
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 835

Post#256 » by UnFadeable21 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:34 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Just trade Omari Spellman to the Cleveland Cavaliers and bring back Jordan Bell who never got a fair shake at playing time here. He was effective at the 4 next to Towns but last year they were in love with small ball.

Rosas seems to have switched his stance on that mentioning how the Champion Lakers took advantage and win the title with two bigs.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,577

Post#257 » by Klomp » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:37 am

UnFadeable21 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Just trade Omari Spellman to the Cleveland Cavaliers and bring back Jordan Bell who never got a fair shake at playing time here. He was effective at the 4 next to Towns but last year they were in love with small ball.

Rosas seems to have switched his stance on that mentioning how the Champion Lakers took advantage and win the title with two bigs.

I don't buy it. What in the current roster construction says he's switched his stance?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 835

Post#258 » by UnFadeable21 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:48 am

Read on Twitter
/video/1
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#259 » by KGdaBom » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:51 am

UnFadeable21 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Looks like wolves still kicking tires on Aaron Gordon and Larry Nance

Nance would be most excellent. :D
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#260 » by KGdaBom » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:52 am

Klomp wrote:
Slim Tubby wrote:I’m 6’1, 200# and if I was guarding Juancho all game, he wouldn’t grab a single rebound.

Got 13 rebounds guarded by Aaron Gordon, who this board drools over

Great find Klomp. Juancho is a quite solid rebounder.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves