Image ImageImage Image

Around The NBA

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,406

Re: Around The NBA 

Post#1221 » by Indomitable » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:19 pm

Mindcrime wrote:
Indomitable wrote:
sco wrote:I would anoint AK exec of the year if he pulled that rabbit out his hat. I choose to be optimistic...you never know in the NBA.

Give a reason he would besides the hometown nonsense.

Give me basketball reasons

Young team that he could be a leader for - he could stay in the shadow of Lebron for all i care if that is his thing.

So you have nothing. He did that already. He will not be leaving an all time great for that nonsense.
:banghead:
jStuNNa
Head Coach
And1: 548

Post#1222 » by jStuNNa » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:29 pm

Mindcrime wrote:
Indomitable wrote:
sco wrote:I would anoint AK exec of the year if he pulled that rabbit out his hat. I choose to be optimistic...you never know in the NBA.

Give a reason he would besides the hometown nonsense.

Give me basketball reasons

Young team that he could be a leader for - he could stay in the shadow of Lebron for all i care if that is his thing.

AD in LeBron's shadow? It's not like that all. LeBron is obviously the greatest of his generation and will always carry that into any situation, but it's clear that AD is as much of a leader on and off the court for that Lakers team as LeBron is. I don't believe that their teammates, other players and coaches around the league, the media, or even most serious fans see AD as being in LeBron's shadow when it comes to this current Lakers team.
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#1223 » by Ccwatercraft » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:36 am

sco wrote:I find myself wondering what Otto's market value would have been if he opted out? I sorta think the best comp out there is Grant @$20/yr. If Otto had a very good/healthy year, I wouldn't necessarily mind resigning him for around that (assuming we're gonna whiff in FA). If PWill ends up more 4 than 3, maybe I choose Otto over Lauri.

After seeing Haywards deal, Otto might have made a mistake.
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,300

Post#1224 » by Leslie Forman » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:48 am

MalagaBulls wrote:AD back to the Lakers seems to be a given but this guy called the Bulls taking Williams 2 days b4 the draft. Says the Bulls are after AD FWIW.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Stop giving cred to these wannabe Shams/Wojs all over twitter. They are unconnected bums just throwing darts all day hoping one hits so they can say "SEE HOW CONNECTED I AM?"

I mean look at the absolute garbage this idiot posts every five minutes:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

This guy's "source" is his sphincter.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,981

Post#1225 » by Chi town » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:25 am

Teague and Thompson to the Celts.

Hayward didn’t do much for them.

Teague and Thompson are aging and declining.

Neutral moves for Celts IMO. Ainge will swing for a trade at the deadline.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#1226 » by TheStig » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:05 am

Leslie Forman wrote:
MalagaBulls wrote:AD back to the Lakers seems to be a given but this guy called the Bulls taking Williams 2 days b4 the draft. Says the Bulls are after AD FWIW.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Stop giving cred to these wannabe Shams/Wojs all over twitter. They are unconnected bums just throwing darts all day hoping one hits so they can say "SEE HOW CONNECTED I AM?"

I mean look at the absolute garbage this idiot posts every five minutes:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

This guy's "source" is his sphincter.

I don't know this guy. But I think the Bulls have got a shot at him in 2 years, if he signs a 2+1.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,064

Post#1227 » by MrSparkle » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:11 am

I don’t think Bulls have a shot at Davis. I literally know nobody who moved to LA and came back to Chicago. :lol: I think the hometown connection is a pipe-dream, and Lakers are in position to keep fixing up the team each off-season. Plus why would anyone not want to retire in Hollywood? Pick up business ventures with celebrities and pop/tv industry? Davis is gonna sign a wealthy retirement super max.

I think Kawhi and Giannis are long-shots, but if LAC and MIL implode, it’s worth a try. Though I sooner see Kawhi jumping to the Lakers, and Giannis going to the Bay.
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach
And1: 2,613

Post#1228 » by Betta Bulleavit » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:15 am

MrSparkle wrote:I don’t think Bulls have a shot at Davis. I literally know nobody who moved to LA and came back to Chicago. :lol: I think the hometown connection is a pipe-dream, and Lakers are in position to keep fixing up the team each off-season. Plus why would anyone not want to hire in Hollywood? Pick up business ventures with celebrities and pop/tv industry?

I think Kawhi and Giannis are long-shots, but if LAC and MIL implode, it’s worth a try. Though I sooner see Kawhi jumping to the Lakers, and Giannis going to the Bay.

So should we just give up in general? Hope to land a star through the draft maybe?
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#1229 » by TheFinishSniper » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:23 am

Betta Bulleavit wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:I don’t think Bulls have a shot at Davis. I literally know nobody who moved to LA and came back to Chicago. :lol: I think the hometown connection is a pipe-dream, and Lakers are in position to keep fixing up the team each off-season. Plus why would anyone not want to hire in Hollywood? Pick up business ventures with celebrities and pop/tv industry?

So should we just give up in general? Hope to land a star through the draft maybe?

Thats idea. Nobody is coming to Chicago actually good
Chi town
RealGM

Post#1230 » by Chi town » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:27 am

If Ibaka leaves Raps will not be nearly as good. Lowry aging. Not a lot of undeveloped upside on that team.
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#1231 » by MrFortune3 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:36 am

What exactly did he "call"? It leaked a few days before the draft that we wanted Williams and had made him a promise.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#1232 » by Chi town » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:47 am

Ibaka to Clipps 2/19.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,568

Post#1233 » by Repeat 3-peat » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:48 am

Well the Clippers easily replaced Harrell with Ibaka. Better shooter+defender.
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,300

Post#1234 » by Leslie Forman » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:49 am

I threw out the idea of throwing the kitchen sink (Markkanen, Carter, LaVine, whatever) for AD back when New Orleans was still trying to trade him, and I am sticking with the idea that that was the only feasible way to get AD here in his relative prime.

Once you let him pair up with LeBron and (back then) possibly win a title (obviously too late now), that's it. It's over. He ain't coming here until his washed up Wade/Gasol/Wallace years. And now Markkanen and Carter have the trade value of the lost Plumlee brothers.

MrSparkle wrote:I literally know nobody who moved to LA and came back to Chicago. :lol:

How dare you forget about the man, the legend, the Corie of Blount.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,536

Post#1235 » by Dominator83 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:52 am

Im sure AD will be more than happy to sign here... when hes washed up
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach
And1: 2,613

Post#1236 » by Betta Bulleavit » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:53 am

TheFinishSniper wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:

While that could very well be the case, I think that’s a terrible way for a GM to think. That’s just me though. I think that there are ways to rebuild our rep and make Chicago a destination again. And if you aren’t thinking like that, then why not just make the NBA a two state league (California and Florida).
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,751

Post#1237 » by Jeffster81 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:58 am

TheFinishSniper wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:

And that is why the previous regime had to go. GarPax was said to have a negative reputation among the players around the league. That's the battle AKME has to fight right now, the changing of the perception of the Bulls organization.

I don't see a star coming to Chicago right now but who knows what will happen in two years. A lot of things can and will change.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,776

Post#1238 » by jc23 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:06 am

Repeat 3-peat wrote:Well the Clippers easily replaced Harrell with Ibaka. Better shooter+defender.

Harrell was garbage when it counted most, elite fake tough guy tho
Be curious, Not judgmental
Southpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#1239 » by Southpaw » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:06 am

:lol: at that "rumor". We have a higher chance at signing Giannis next off-season than Davis this season. Specially with how the Lakers are looking like the favorites this year and how the Bucks seem to have messed up this FA period.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,568

Post#1240 » by Repeat 3-peat » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:14 am

jc23 wrote:
Repeat 3-peat wrote:Well the Clippers easily replaced Harrell with Ibaka. Better shooter+defender.

Harrell was garbage when it counted most, elite fake tough guy tho

Also, many of the Clipper fans believe he was behind the leaks around the team. He had to go.

Return to Chicago Bulls