Lakers...Deepest Team in the League Now?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

donnieme
Head Coach
And1: 7,166

Re: Lakers...Deepest Team in the League Now? 

Post#61 » by donnieme » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:51 am

McBubbles wrote:
TheHardenChoke wrote:
Jkam31 wrote:
All we ask for is not to leave a team after every loss to tamper with other players using klutch. Seriously how could some of you entertain him as goat when he dips whenever the going gets tough to form another super team

Exactly.

He is not even in the GOAT discussion

You guys legitimately sound like children.

Glad someone broke that pity party. You can tell they wake up angry at Lebron
jstross
Senior
And1: 247

Post#62 » by jstross » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:58 am

Moray isn't done in Philly. They're looking pretty deep at this point. Certainly have to upgrade Scott.
xinxin
Sixth Man
And1: 1,370

Post#63 » by xinxin » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:01 am

toodarkmark wrote:I love how Dwight Howard, who was out of the league and considered done, is better then the 6th Man of the Year. I like how Rajon Rondo, who gave up on Dallas, who was signed for nothing because he was considered done, is better then the man who finished second in 6th man voting.

I'm sorry, I just can't take these things seriously. Two years ago people were clowning the Lakers for signing Rondo for nothing, considering it a joke. You know why Rondo and Howard have so much clout now? Because Lebron and AD were their teammates. Now Lakers are getting, LITERALLY, the two best bench players in the NBA. And Dennis was only a bench guy because he was behind Chris Paul. Just stop, get help. Rondo and Howard were lucky as hell to be Lakers. Lakers have upgraded at PG, at SG, and PF. Howard wanted to come back and they were like nah. Sorry for the misunderstanding guy. They still are going to sign another big, and then some veterans.

Love this take. Spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,908

Post#64 » by DonaldSanders » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:02 am

NoZoLakers wrote:
DonaldSanders wrote:
LakersSoul wrote:
Schrƶder or Rondo?
Trez or Dwight?
Wes or DGreen?

You are right, we are getting younger and more athletic.

I'd prefer Rondo, Dwight, and Wes Matthews.

Montrez was -70 vs. the Nuggets, Howard +42. Zubac was +32.
LMAO

Schrƶder's advance stats are very average in the RS and playoffs. Rondo's are average in the RS too, but they are well above average in the playoffs. Hence "playoff Rondo".

Stats show the Lakers got weaker for the playoffs.

stats nerd also said rondo dont fit with lebron prior to last season start, stat said lakers had one of the weakest supporting cast as well

That's nice, but those posters weren't me. I've been pro Rondo for a long time. Because some people who like stats people mis-predicted Rondo's trajectory doesn't invalidate the use of statistics.

Looking at the evidence of what actually happened last year, the Lakers are clearly weaker now.

LakersSoul wrote:
I see... Thatā€™s why DH couldnā€™t get $3 million yet Lakers haters were outraged the Lakers got Harrell for only 2/19. Yes, Harrell struggled against Joker. Harrell is not big enough to guard Joker. The guy is 6ā€™7!!! Dumb Doc/Clippers were using him to guard a 7 footer.

As for DH, you must not watch the Lakers because he played well against Joker but had to warm the bench in most other games.

You replaced a guy who did well vs. Jokic vs a guy who shouldn't be on the court against him. You have no actual counter argument to the stats, just "well the Lakers didn't want to pay Dwight 3 million".
NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Post#65 » by NoZoLakers » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:11 am

DonaldSanders wrote:
NoZoLakers wrote:
DonaldSanders wrote:
I'd prefer Rondo, Dwight, and Wes Matthews.

Montrez was -70 vs. the Nuggets, Howard +42. Zubac was +32.
LMAO

Schrƶder's advance stats are very average in the RS and playoffs. Rondo's are average in the RS too, but they are well above average in the playoffs. Hence "playoff Rondo".

Stats show the Lakers got weaker for the playoffs.

stats nerd also said rondo dont fit with lebron prior to last season start, stat said lakers had one of the weakest supporting cast as well

That's nice, but those posters weren't me. I've been pro Rondo for a long time. Because some people who like stats people mis-predicted Rondo's trajectory doesn't invalidate the use of statistics.

Looking at the evidence of what actually happened last year, the Lakers are clearly weaker now.

LakersSoul wrote:
I see... Thatā€™s why DH couldnā€™t get $3 million yet Lakers haters were outraged the Lakers got Harrell for only 2/19. Yes, Harrell struggled against Joker. Harrell is not big enough to guard Joker. The guy is 6ā€™7!!! Dumb Doc/Clippers were using him to guard a 7 footer.

As for DH, you must not watch the Lakers because he played well against Joker but had to warm the bench in most other games.

You replaced a guy who did well vs. Jokic vs a guy who shouldn't be on the court against him. You have no actual counter argument to the stats, just "well the Lakers didn't want to pay Dwight 3 million".

what Harrell did as a Clipper against Den has no bearing on what he does as a laker or how they'd use him.....Howard was also laughed at as a signing last off season too.....howard shouldve been brought back but something fell thru, harrell has his warts but his gm will still fill a need
Official
Veteran
And1: 321

Post#66 » by Official » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:14 am

Anybody arguing Rondo, Dwight and Green are better than Schroder, Harrell, and mathews is an idiot.
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant

Post#67 » by DonaldSanders » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:24 am

NoZoLakers wrote:what Harrell did as a Clipper against Den has no bearing on what he does as a laker or how they'd use him.....Howard was also laughed at as a signing last off season too.....howard shouldve been brought back but something fell thru, harrell has his warts but his gm will still fill a need

Just more blah blah blah. Let me know when you have an actual argument with evidence to back your position.
NoZoLakers
General Manager

Post#68 » by NoZoLakers » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:37 am

DonaldSanders wrote:
NoZoLakers wrote:what Harrell did as a Clipper against Den has no bearing on what he does as a laker or how they'd use him.....Howard was also laughed at as a signing last off season too.....howard shouldve been brought back but something fell thru, harrell has his warts but his gm will still fill a need

Just more blah blah blah. Let me know when you have an actual argument with evidence to back your position.

only evidence is when they'll actually play gms
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant

Post#69 » by DonaldSanders » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:40 am

NoZoLakers wrote:
DonaldSanders wrote:

:lol: :lol: :crazy:
NoZoLakers
General Manager

Post#70 » by NoZoLakers » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:44 am

DonaldSanders wrote:
NoZoLakers wrote:
DonaldSanders wrote:

:lol: :lol: :crazy:
yeah cause what you "think" actually will result :lol:
dreamshake
Starter
And1: 2,449

Post#71 » by dreamshake » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:45 am

Patsfan1081 wrote:
Pelly24 wrote:Discuss. They got two guys who could be second option scorers on most 7th or 8th seeds and Wes Mathews and could still get KCP and Marc Gasol and maybe keep avery bradley, possibly someone else, and they got Javale. If they get Gasol and keep KCP, is this the deepest team in the league?

? Who would be second options on a playoff team, Schroeder? That seems like a bit of a stretch.

Lol, Schroder WAS the 2nd leading scorer on a playoff team last season. :lol:
SparksAC
Junior
And1: 349

Post#72 » by SparksAC » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:50 am

Honestly, I wish the Lakers kept Rondo. He was good on leadership for the Lakers with LeBron. I see them only a slight improve.
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant

Post#73 » by DonaldSanders » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:58 am

dreamshake wrote:
Patsfan1081 wrote:
Pelly24 wrote:Discuss. They got two guys who could be second option scorers on most 7th or 8th seeds and Wes Mathews and could still get KCP and Marc Gasol and maybe keep avery bradley, possibly someone else, and they got Javale. If they get Gasol and keep KCP, is this the deepest team in the league?

? Who would be second options on a playoff team, Schroeder? That seems like a bit of a stretch.

Yeah but to me it's tough to call a guy coming off the bench a true 2nd option. It was Chris Paul raising the whole team up, SGA averaged 1pt less per game, Gallinari 2.3 less.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#74 » by ILOVEIT » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:02 am

One thing for sure...you guys are set at point guard.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
dreamshake
Starter
And1: 2,449

Post#75 » by dreamshake » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:23 am

DonaldSanders wrote:
dreamshake wrote:
Patsfan1081 wrote:

Yeah but to me it's tough to call a guy coming off the bench a true 2nd option. It was Chris Paul raising the whole team up, SGA averaged 1pt less per game, Gallinari 2.3 less.

Meh, disagree. If you play roughly equal minutes and score more points, why does it matter which minutes you play? You don't think Manu Ginobili was ever a 2nd option in San Antonio?
Eric Millegan
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,304

Post#76 » by Eric Millegan » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:31 am

sixers_simmons wrote:
SeanieWard wrote:yea they might be. Blazers stacking as well

Lillard/Simons
McCollum/Trent
Covington/Hood
Collins/Derrick Jones
Nurkic/Kanter

Very good 10 man rotation. And I hear they still want Melo too

Very good...lmao. I'd say slightly above average at best. They have an A-tier player in Lillard, and a bunch of complementary guys outside of that. Not even close to being able to compete with the top teams.

Complementary guys are exactly what you want around Dame. Do you understand the meaning of complementary? I think the roster is better than the one that reached the 2019 WCFs (without Nurk and with Kanter's shoulder falling off) so I think they will compete with the top teams this season.
Check out "Around the NBA with Chris & Ericā€ on Underdog Podcasts.
heezyo2o
Starter
And1: 1,255

Post#77 » by heezyo2o » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:48 am

toodarkmark wrote: Two years ago people were clowning the Lakers for signing Rondo for nothing, considering it a joke..

2 years ago, Rondo signed for 9 million with the Lakers. That came after a strong playoff performance with the Pelicans.

After this year's playoffs, Rondo again is getting a paid
fourtyounce48
Junior
And1: 246

Post#78 » by fourtyounce48 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:06 am

antonaki1 wrote:Yes easily, typical Lebron and his bought teams. If he stayed long enough to win the organic way he would get a lot more respect from the league fan base.

If the Lakers somehow underperform like past Lebron teams, the narrative that this team had a bunch of scrubs and that Lebron needs more help will come up again. It's a built-in excuse that the media and Lebron fans have ready whenever Lebron super teams fail to win. Well, that and Lebron only loses to super teams/GOAT level teams excuse.
Night hides the world, but reveals a universe.
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant

Post#79 » by DonaldSanders » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:58 am

dreamshake wrote:
DonaldSanders wrote:
dreamshake wrote:

Meh, disagree. If you play roughly equal minutes and score more points, why does it matter which minutes you play? You don't think Manu Ginobili was ever a 2nd option in San Antonio?

To me it is because OKC has a group of guys all hovering around similar point totals, doesn't seem like a clear 2nd option, coming off the bench is just a little addition.

Ginobili was the 3rd option on the Spurs. #1 Timmy, #2 Tony, #3 Manu
Not that Ginobili wasn't good, the Spurs were really stacked. Tony Parker averaged more points and minutes post season and the playoffs.
AdriLaker
Junior
And1: 210

Post#80 » by AdriLaker » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:36 am

"Who is better?"
Schroeder > Rondo
Harrell > Howard
Green = Matthews

BUT!!! they are better ONLY if we talk in statistical terms... i mean...they can average 18-19ppg, they are younger and bla bla...but Howard and Rondo were stars few years ago in this league...and they showed that in a lot of moments in the regular season and specially in the playoffs. I loved when we bring Rondo 2 years ago because he KNOWS how to play, lead and WIN games, he won't score 20 pts, but with his directions the team will win games because of his HUGE basketball IQ and Schroeder can't match this. Same with Howard, he won't averag 18 pts as Harrell does right now...but he can stop players and he did his role perfectly, again, Harrell can't do that.

When i saw Ibaka will sign with the Clippers i did that :banghead: because we could have him right now instead of Harrell and trust me, Ibaka is MUCH better than Harrell, both, offensively and defensevily.

The offseason started great for us with the Schroeder trade, but after that...meh...i don't know. We are changing former stars and still key players for championship contention...for great statistical players

We need to sign players like Hassan Whiteside, he can bring us something like Dwight did, size, defense and intimidation.
I will be clear, we are losing a LOT of defense and the style of play that bring us the title. I don't see any PG similar to Rondo in the Free Agency...

Return to The General Board