Bazemore for the rest of MLE
Trade Looney/Poole for McDermott/extra?
GRIII vet min

Curry-Wanamaker-Mannion(2way)
Wiggins-Bazemore-Lee
Oubre Jr.-GRIII-JTA
Dray-McDermott-Paschall
Wiseman-Gasol-Chriss-Smiley(GLeague)

I like the Bazemore and GRIII moves, but Gasol looked washed in the playoffs.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
ClutchUp
Junior
And1: 121

Re: 2020-21 roster thread 

Post#102 » by ClutchUp » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:26 am

HiRez wrote:Pending any other major moves, I can't say I feel great about it. But as long as we have Steph and Draymond, we have a chance. Oubre was a good addition. Wiseman is the X Factor, he could be an immediate unstoppable force or completely useless. Manion I have no idea but not expecting anything. Not a fan of Poole so far but we'll see, maybe he'll surprise and be useful. Paschall should improve a bit and be useful.

Maybe we get lucky and someone takes out the Lakers for us and we only have to go through Houston and Portland or something. One thing is for sure, if we get to the top, some luck will be required.

Bummed out we couldn't grab Ibaka. GRIII would help fill some gaps.

You don't see a situation where he could be something in between those scenarios?
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,336

Post#103 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:32 am

ClutchUp wrote:
HiRez wrote:Pending any other major moves, I can't say I feel great about it. But as long as we have Steph and Draymond, we have a chance. Oubre was a good addition. Wiseman is the X Factor, he could be an immediate unstoppable force or completely useless. Manion I have no idea but not expecting anything. Not a fan of Poole so far but we'll see, maybe he'll surprise and be useful. Paschall should improve a bit and be useful.

Maybe we get lucky and someone takes out the Lakers for us and we only have to go through Houston and Portland or something. One thing is for sure, if we get to the top, some luck will be required.

You don't see a situation where he could be something in between those scenarios?

Nope, either he's Lew Alcindor or working at Home Depot by June.

Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#104 » by Old_Blue » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:47 am

During his rookie season, a 19-20 year old Anthony Davis averaged 13.5 points and 8.2 rebounds in almost 29 minutes per night. Does anyone here really think Wiseman will be as polished a rookie as Anthony Davis was. Or, that Wiseman is going to approach the kind of numbers and minutes AD got during his rookie season? If not, then why are people expecting this kid to be a difference maker in year one? I just don't see it. I think we need to calm down the expectations.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#105 » by xdrta+ » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:53 am

Old_Blue wrote:During his rookie season, a 19-20 year old Anthony Davis averaged 13.5 points and 8.2 rebounds in almost 29 minutes per night. Does anyone here really think Wiseman will be as polished a rookie as Anthony Davis was. Or, that Wiseman is going to approach the kind of numbers and minutes AD got during his rookie season? If not, then why are people expecting this kid to be a difference maker in year one? I just don't see it. I think we need to calm down the expectations.

Nah, it's pre-season. Anything's possible. Just like spring training before they start throwing curve balls.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,184

Post#106 » by clyde21 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:56 am

DAWill1128 wrote:Prior to Klays injury if you told me we were adding Wiseman, Mannion, Oubre, and Wanamaker I would’ve felt pretty good about our offseason. But with the Klay injury I know we are all looking at backup wing and thinking that this might be tough without an additional legit vet coming in.

doubt we would've added Oubre if Klay didn't get injured
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#107 » by InWestWeTrust » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:58 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:
InWestWeTrust wrote:Sign Gasol to 1yr/DPE
GRIII vet min

Wiggins-Bazemore-Lee
Oubre Jr.-GRIII-JTA
Dray-McDermott-Paschall

Yeah, earlier today I said I wanted no part of him :lol:

Then I started thinking about it more. +/-15 mpg Gasol could have a positive impact. There's that hidden value of him mentoring Wiseman during his rookie season too.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#108 » by HiRez » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:01 am

ClutchUp wrote:

Of course that’s what I mean, those are the two ends of the spectrum, not that it has to be one or the other. That would be ridiculous.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,683

Post#109 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:05 am

I think Wiggins in the back court is wrong. Wiggins game has been based on being quicker than his defenders and putting him at guard means shooting over people and posting up smaller people.

Start our new death unit, Draymond, Oubre as Harrison Barnes, Wiggins as Iguodalla, playe X who we have not signed yet as Klay, and Curry. Then after 3 minutes replace whichever of Wiggins and Oubre is husling less with Wiseman.

Wiggins can play 8 minutes a game at off guard just to create playing time for Oubre. Draymond can play 8 minutes a game center and Oubre or Wiggins 8 minutes a game a power forward. Paschall still gets the back up power forward minutes. 16 minutes plus 48 = 64 minutes for Wiggins and Oubre. The one that is playing better gets 36 minutes and the one that is playing worse gets 28 minutes. Keep them hungry. Oubre is playing for a contract.

Wannamaker backs up Curry. Lee, poole and Mulder back up player x. In case of injury at point guard Poole becomes the back up point guard. Injury at small forward has Lee and Paschall playing small forward minutes. Injury at power forward has the small forwards and centers getting power firward minutes.

Garbage time, Poole at point guard, Mulder, Lee, Smiley and Chriss..
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,184

Post#110 » by clyde21 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:24 am

Old_Blue wrote:I'd say it's a safe bet that OKC ain't getting that Top 20 protected first rounder in exchange for Oubre.

good, we should make a play for 7 or 8 in the POs, and then it's anyone's game, but I don't wan to give that pick up for 21, two picks next year's draft is gonna be huge to retool this roster with some young talent.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,205

Post#111 » by wco81 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:35 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:
GRIII vet min

Wiggins-Bazemore-Lee
Oubre Jr.-GRIII-JTA
Dray-McDermott-Paschall

He wasn't consistent but he was effective on defense in the Boston series when they made it competitive. He's a big body who's got a high IQ so he can clog up the name but the Raptors had him aggressively trying to trap guards and forwards out at the elbow and even further beyond sometimes.

He didn't shoot those midrange jumpers or the 3s as effectively but he's fundamentally sound so if they cheat off him it's a good look for him.

The only issue is whether he still wants to play over here instead of in Spain. Raptors are limited to offering the MLE to him too. I don't know their cap situation but I guess they want to preserve cap space in case Giannis looks to sign elsewhere. So they may not have been willing to give Ibaka more than a year.

And if he does decide to go for more NBA money, why would it be with GSW instead of Toronto, where he probably has good relationships with the coach and front office and he's also a closer flight to Spain?
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#112 » by xdrta+ » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:42 am

wco81 wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:
GRIII vet min

Wiggins-Bazemore-Lee
Oubre Jr.-GRIII-JTA
Dray-McDermott-Paschall

He wasn't consistent but he was effective on defense in the Boston series when they made it competitive. He's a big body who's got a high IQ so he can clog up the name but the Raptors had him aggressively trying to trap guards and forwards out at the elbow and even further beyond sometimes.

He didn't shoot those midrange jumpers or the 3s as effectively but he's fundamentally sound so if they cheat off him it's a good look for him.

The only issue is whether he still wants to play over here instead of in Spain. Raptors are limited to offering the MLE to him too. I don't know their cap situation but I guess they want to preserve cap space in case Giannis looks to sign elsewhere. So they may not have been willing to give Ibaka more than a year.

And if he does decide to go for more NBA money, why would it be with GSW instead of Toronto, where he probably has good relationships with the coach and front office and he's also a closer flight to Spain?

The Raptors have Gasol's Bird rights, so they can offer him a decent 1 year contract and save their space for next year.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,336

Post#113 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:21 am

yeah, I see no logical reason why he would come here except to avoid living that transient life in Tampa.

Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#114 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:53 pm

clyde21 wrote:
DAWill1128 wrote:Prior to Klays injury if you told me we were adding Wiseman, Mannion, Oubre, and Wanamaker I would’ve felt pretty good about our offseason. But with the Klay injury I know we are all looking at backup wing and thinking that this might be tough without an additional legit vet coming in.

Oubre wants a lot of PT, he would have balked at it most likely.
mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 277

Post#115 » by mos_def » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:55 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

Oubre was inWs talks before Klay got hurt.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#116 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:15 pm

mos_def wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

Oubre was inWs talks before Klay got hurt.

They were talking about him, but free agency hadn't started when Klay got hurt. And even then talking is not close to the same thing as him wanting to be with the Warriors.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,079

Post#117 » by The-Power » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:30 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:And even then talking is not close to the same thing as him wanting to be with the Warriors.

What would he have done, pout or refuse to play in a contract year?
mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 277

Post#118 » by mos_def » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:04 pm

Old_Blue wrote:During his rookie season, a 19-20 year old Anthony Davis averaged 13.5 points and 8.2 rebounds in almost 29 minutes per night. Does anyone here really think Wiseman will be as polished a rookie as Anthony Davis was. Or, that Wiseman is going to approach the kind of numbers and minutes AD got during his rookie season? If not, then why are people expecting this kid to be a difference maker in year one? I just don't see it. I think we need to calm down the expectations.

Ayton averaged 16.3ppg and 10.3 rpg
Jahlil Okafor averaged 17.5ppg and 7 rpg
Marvin Bagley was 14.9ppg and 7.6 rpg
Jarren Jackson 13.8 ppg and 4.7 rpg
Markkanen 15.2 ppg 7.5 rpg

Yes, I fully expect Wiseman to come close to AD's numbers since the others listed did too. AD was pretty much playing for an expansion team when he got drafted.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#119 » by Old_Blue » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:49 pm

mos_def wrote:

Ayton averaged 16.3ppg and 10.3 rpg
Jahlil Okafor averaged 17.5ppg and 7 rpg
Marvin Bagley was 14.9ppg and 7.6 rpg
Jarren Jackson 13.8 ppg and 4.7 rpg
Markkanen 15.2 ppg 7.5 rpg

Yes, I fully expect Wiseman to come close to AD's numbers since the others listed did too. AD was pretty much playing for an expansion team when he got drafted.

You're clearly more optimistic than I am. At best, I'm expecting something along the lines of 10 points and 5 boards per game in year one. I also would be surprised if Kerr plays Wiseman more than 20 minutes per game. All the guys you listed played somewhere between 25 and 35 minutes per game during their rookie year. Unless something happens to Curry and the team goes into full tank mode, there is no way Kerr is giving that kind of playing time to Wiseman.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
Dom801e
Veteran
And1: 861

Post#120 » by Dom801e » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:19 pm

If this team succeeds it will be because of defense.
Dre, Wanamaker, Bazemore, Looney are all plus defenders. Wiseman, Wiggins, Oubre, and Chris’s are athletic and have defensive potential. Steph, Paschall, and Mannion have high BBIQ and are good team defenders. Not sure about Poole and Lee.

Return to Golden State Warriors