The Toronto Raptors Must Cut Ties With Kyle Lowry.

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Dino353
Sixth Man
And1: 1,246

The Toronto Raptors Must Cut Ties With Kyle Lowry. 

Post#1 » by Dino353 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:31 am

With Fred re-signing the Raptors need to stop treadmilling and focus on the future. They would've ludicrous to re-sign Gasol, Lowry is best suited on the Clippers plain and simple only drawback is that $34 million dollar contract which will be tough to match but you don't give a man a 4 year deal to keep sharing the spotlight with Kyle. Kyle got his ring already. time to move on.

I'll forever remember Lowry most when he played on that feisty Rockets team with Artest, never grew on me as a Raptor quite like Carter did but it's time to send Kyle Browny out of Toronto.
anotherhomer
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,965

Re: The Toronto Raptors Must Cut Ties With Kyle Lowry. 

Post#2 » by anotherhomer » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:32 am

i'm not sure what u can trade lowry for honestly?
JimmyPlopper
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,546

Post#3 » by JimmyPlopper » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:34 am

anotherhomer wrote:i'm not sure what u can trade lowry for honestly?

To the Clippers for Paul George.
Faked our deaths, lit a match
Closed the door, waited for the flash
Greyhound Station, we paid in cash
Miss Lazarus, we’re coming back
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#4 » by jimmy keys » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:34 am

Dino353 wrote:With Fred re-signing the Raptors need to stop treadmilling and focus on the future. They would've ludicrous to re-sign Gasol, Lowry is best suited on the Clippers plain and simple only drawback is that $34 million dollar contract which will be tough to match but you don't give a man a 4 year deal to keep sharing the spotlight with Kyle. Kyle got his ring already. time to move on.

I'll forever remember Lowry most when he played on that feisty Rockets team with Artest, never grew on me as a Raptor quite like Carter did but it's time to send Kyle Browny out of Toronto.

1. hard to match salaries like you said.
2. we'd want picks, but OKC already took them all.

maybe suggest something realistic at least.
CIN-C-STAR
Head Coach
And1: 16,085

Post#5 » by CIN-C-STAR » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:35 am

You want to asset dump Lowry?
Yikes.
You gonna talk to him about it first or just let him find out on Twitter like y'all did Derozan?
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Childs
RealGM
And1: 25,992

Post#6 » by Childs » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:36 am

The one I'm most worried about is Masai. If he leaves, mass shambling from Raptors fans.
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,831

Post#7 » by Vae Victus » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:38 am

Just do Lowry right and buy him out. Ask him how much he's willing to give back, he can easily get a MLE or BAE gig on some contender (like the Clips) and he might be willing to give back alot like 10-15mil. If Lowry gets bought out, will that open up enough cap space this year to make some moves?

But yea, at this point, OKC already beat you to the punch on getting ALL the draft picks from the low hanging fruit. You gotta be more creative to get something for Lowry at this point.
Dino353
Sixth Man
And1: 1,246

Post#8 » by Dino353 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:39 am

Clippers should get Lowry to make things even with the Lakers.
illuminati666
Analyst
And1: 4,561

Post#9 » by illuminati666 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:40 am

Nah I'd rather keep Lowry. He's out best player ever, I'd love for him to retire here. I don't care about a late first round pick or 2, he's a part of the culture. Plus we got a realistic chance of signing Giannis in '21, no chance of that if we trade Lowry. Ibaka was great but him leaving is not that catastrophic. We got KLow, FVV, Siakam, OG, Powell... solid team to keep being competitive.

The notion of "be a top-3 contender or tank" is just stupid. We got a solid team, we'll keep running w it.
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,132

Post#10 » by lambchop » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:46 am

Clippers get: Lowry
Raptors: Wiseman, Klay
Warriors: George, McCaw

Would Raptors fans do this?
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,961

Post#11 » by Metallikid » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:52 am

lambchop wrote:Clippers get: Lowry

We would much rather have PG than Klay, and no, we wouldn't do it.
JimmyPlopper
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,546

Post#12 » by JimmyPlopper » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:54 am

Metallikid wrote:

Would you trade Lowry for PG?

I wouldn't if I were you. But just asking.
Faked our deaths, lit a match
Closed the door, waited for the flash
Greyhound Station, we paid in cash
Miss Lazarus, we’re coming back
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,318

Post#13 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:55 am

Although the clippers need a true point guard, I’d still rather have PG13 than Lowry
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,339

Post#14 » by SFour » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:55 am

Masai definitely isn't doing anything that would allow Lowry to join the Clippers
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,961

Post#15 » by Metallikid » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:56 am

JimmyPlopper wrote:
Metallikid wrote:

Would you trade Lowry for PG?

I wouldn't if I were you. But just asking.

No, I don't think there's any kind of return that could replace what Kyle contributes. He'll very likely be an all star this year, again, and he's a winner. And that's before we even get into a discussion about having him retire here.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#16 » by BostonCouchGM » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:58 am

it's hard to trade your heart and soul when he's getting you far into the playoffs. Who could you get in a trade that gets you what he provides. He's a deserving all-star. I know the time when that will no longer be the case is quick approaching but with their cap they really don't have much of an alternative because other teams aren't going to offer equal value.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#17 » by KqWIN » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:09 am

Somehow, some way, people have been brainwashed into thinking that blowing it up is the only way to compete for a championship. It's as if there's a requirement that you must take a step back to improve in the future. If the Raptors did this, they would have never won the Chip.
sule
RealGM
And1: 34,205

Post#18 » by sule » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:17 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:it's hard to trade your heart and soul when he's getting you far into the playoffs. Who could you get in a trade that gets you what he provides. He's a deserving all-star. I know the time when that will no longer be the case is quick approaching but with their cap they really don't have much of an alternative because other teams aren't going to offer equal value.

He only really gets traded if Giannis signs a supermax before the trade deadline. Then the trade becomes a favour from Masai to Lowry, at which point other Raps fans would probably agree it's the best choice for both sides. I doubt we'd get the return we deserve for a player with his impact on winning, but for what Lowry's given us, he'll always be a fan favourite.

I'd bet he gets handed off to either Philly or the Lakers or GSW. I'm okay with any of those options for him.
sule
RealGM
And1: 34,205

Post#19 » by sule » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:28 am

KqWIN wrote:Somehow, some way, people have been brainwashed into thinking that blowing it up is the only way to compete for a championship. It's as if there's a requirement that you must take a step back to improve in the future. If the Raptors did this, they would have never won the Chip.

I agree.

By next offseason, Kawhi, Giannis, and Paul George could all be free agents. Bradley Beal could potentially be had. Embiid could be on his way out of Philly by then too. Harden and Westbrook are already on their way out of Houston. And that's just of the situations right now that we know of.

A year ago, who'da thunk that Chris Paul would be in Phoenix, Harden would be demanding a trade out of Houston, and Hayward would be in Charlotte. Or that Morey would be in Philly. D'Antoni would be an assistant coach to Steve Nash in Brooklyn. Ty Lue would be coaching the Clippers. And that the Bucks would be in such shambles over their front office's incompetence, that it could drive Giannis out of town.

Things change super quick in the NBA.

It would be foolish for the Raptors to blow it up. On top of that, the Raps are pretty young overall. Lowry is the only player on the team over 30.

Raps are a team more in the Utah/San Antonio/Indiana range, but with a bit more flash and pizazz. We gotta keep building on strong units and can't really afford to let the team sink, since it's already difficult to attract upper echelon players or even get our recognition in the media. It's why consistent winning matters more than anything.
axeman23
Analyst
And1: 3,074

Post#20 » by axeman23 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:33 am

CIN-C-STAR wrote:You want to asset dump Lowry?
Yikes.
You gonna talk to him about it first or just let him find out on Twitter like y'all did Derozan?

Return to The General Board