ImageImageImage

Official Miami Heat Off-Season GT - Saving you from IggieCC

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,600

Re: Official Miami Heat Off-Season GT - Saving you from IggieCC 

Post#1621 » by DayofMourning » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:20 pm

Serge was a quality fit next to Bam. He or our FO didn't see it.

They saw it for Meyers instead.

The 2nd year may have been the clincher.

Oh well. Still need big man help in my eyes.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1622 » by DayofMourning » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:30 pm

Still waiting for this big deal we are making. Ocho Cinco and others with the massive troll.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1623 » by DayofMourning » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:37 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
Beenie wrote:
Read on Twitter

2 years - 19m

Meyers Leonard $$

Anybody still think losing Crowder and adding Harkless + Bradley is a good offseason?

Jae was money from three on many occasions. Shifted the momentum of many games. He will be an acute loss but we've got an entire season to get over it and develop our young guys.

With KZ and Precious getting minutes we've got the potential to be dominant defensively. Those two are tough as hell.

Hark and Brad are very good there as well.

I think we see another move. Regardless, not many registered Jae as more than a blip on the radar when we acquired him. You get more than face value sometimes.
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,884

Post#1624 » by eddieheatfan » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:38 pm

DayofMourning wrote:Still waiting for this big deal we are making. Ocho Cinco and others with the massive troll.
dont hold your breath. the heat will still pursue player development with the likes of precious. its duncan, bam ,herro ,nunn ,precious onus to carry the load now.jimmy will be there for defensive purposes and the occasional 20 point game and ditto for dragic and the other vets
MadD23
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,437

Post#1625 » by MadD23 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:40 pm

This kid has a much better personality than I thought. Good thing we don't have a Kawi type guy personality wise, that was the impression I got at first during his draft interview. He looks a lot like Winslow lol, but apparently this one can actually make a layup.

eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,884

Post#1626 » by eddieheatfan » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:44 pm

MadD23 wrote:This kid has a much better personality than I thought. Good thing we don't have a Kawi type guy personality wise, that was the impression I got at first during his draft interview. He looks a lot like Winslow lol, but apparently this one can actually make a layup.

the resemblance is really striking,arent you sure they arent related or something :lol:
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,632

Post#1627 » by Kobewade11 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:45 pm

Ibaka also should make the clippers stronger, maybe paul george and kawhi can find their nuts again and they knock off those damn Lakers
iamoti
Rookie
And1: 2,277

Post#1628 » by iamoti » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:52 pm

One thing worth mentioning regarding Crowder's 3P shooting is that he was wide open 90%+ of the time. I wouldn't be suprised if Harkless improves his % if he plays the same role.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1629 » by DayofMourning » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:55 pm

RiverboatRiles wrote:Ibaka also should make the clippers stronger, maybe paul george and kawhi can find their nuts again and they knock off those damn Lakers

He was great for Toronto in the playoffs last year. Was producing 23 points, 12 boards, 2 blocks per 36 while shooting 57/51/100 from the field in 11 games.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1630 » by DayofMourning » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:56 pm

iamoti wrote:One thing worth mentioning regarding Crowder's 3P shooting is that he was wide open 90%+ of the time. I wouldn't be suprised if Harkless improves his % if he plays the same role.

He was awesome at wide open threes until the very end of the year. So money.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1631 » by DayofMourning » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:59 pm

eddieheatfan wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:Still waiting for this big deal we are making. Ocho Cinco and others with the massive troll.
dont hold your breath. the heat will still pursue player development with the likes of precious. its duncan, bam ,herro ,nunn ,precious onus to carry the load now.jimmy will be there for defensive purposes and the occasional 20 point game and ditto for dragic and the other vets

Would like to see KZ and Precious get more minutes than expected this season. Meyers was so blah for the majority of the season. If he was more of a dynamic athlete or could be counted on for a quick release, he'd be worth keeping around as more than a cheerleader.
BIRDMAN BIRDMAN
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#1632 » by BIRDMAN BIRDMAN » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:03 pm

Also worth noting, again, we apparently offered Crowder a 1+1 deal starting at $14M. He went for the security and longer deal. Can't blame him despite him saying the culture fit him and vice versa. It's just business period. It's not like we didn't try to keep him or somethin

I also expected his shooting to dip and come back to earth during the LAL series and that's exactly what happened. But damn, Milwaukee series Jae was the boss man. Literally a boss man (which is his nick lol) both on D throwing his body at Giannis and the timely clutch 3's. That would be missed and all we could hope for is Harkless to do the same. Let's see.
:hug:
Seabass777
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,723

Post#1633 » by Seabass777 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:03 pm

Bummed that Ibaka went to the Clippers for the same amount of $ that we resigned Leonard for, but either way you slice it Ibaka has a player option, and we need maximum flexibility, so it is what it is.

We really need 1 more big man because we are thin. Harry Giles, or Cousins, hell I would even take Marc Gasol at this point.
"Til the last second...Til the last man... We Fight! We Fight! We Fight!"-Together We Rise. #HEATLifer...
MadD23
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,437

Post#1634 » by MadD23 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:23 pm

eddieheatfan wrote:
MadD23 wrote:This kid has a much better personality than I thought. Good thing we don't have a Kawi type guy personality wise, that was the impression I got at first during his draft interview. He looks a lot like Winslow lol, but apparently this one can actually make a layup.

the resemblance is really striking,arent you sure they arent related or something :lol:

Man for real. Maybe they should dig deeper into their Mother's past lol
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,399

Post#1635 » by RexBoyWonder » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:29 pm

BIRDMAN BIRDMAN wrote:To the guys sweating the Ibaka news, just because he went for that amount, DOESN'T mean he'd automatically take the same had we offered him the same deal, lol. Don't underestimate the Kawhi factor hence he chose LAC. Heck he chose Kawhi over KD

It sucks I know. Again, I still rather 1 more big. I'm not digging that Meyers/KO depth again since I also view Precious as a 4. But there's no other way but by a trade. I have no doubt in my mind that they plan to start Harkless at the 4 by the looks of the current makeup of the roster

That's a big problem. And that's my issue.

I'm all about flexibility and I'm on board on keep the cap sapce for next year, but still with that said - you can't seriously think we're trying to win now and have a guy like Harkless start for you. He might be the worst starting PF in league. Hell, there's probably a bunch of bench PFs who are better then him.

We're putting the guys around him in a tough spot having to carry the load even more.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
DrHeat
Junior
And1: 617

Post#1636 » by DrHeat » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:33 pm

It was clear Ibaka was not coming here. I am just happy he did not go to Boston or Brooklyn additionally Toronto now has no center
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,399

Post#1637 » by RexBoyWonder » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:44 pm

DayofMourning wrote:Serge was a quality fit next to Bam. He or our FO didn't see it.

Ibaka on a second year team option is a gamble we should have taken. No question about it.

I get the Giannis cap situation, and still. 10 Mil for a guy like serge, you do it.

If he's healthy, he's opting out next year. Worst case is if he gets really injured, you can move 10 Mil expiring if Giannis wants to come. It's a moveable obstacle. We might even be able to squeeze in a Giannis plus a 10 Mil player next year. Hell, Ibaka fits great with Giannis and with Bam.

Whatever, it's water under the bridge now.

All aboard the "Precious is Ibaka 2.0 train"
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
DrHeat
Junior
And1: 617

Post#1638 » by DrHeat » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:46 pm

I don’t think Spo will play all year with An small ball lineup. Too much wear and tear on Bam. I expect them to go big with Bam and Meyers with Dragic coming from the bench in limited minutes to preserve him.

Having a deep roster will come handy his year since this second is compressed and will feature a lot of back to backs . Additionally you have the chance of someone getting sick with Corona

For some of you itching to get rid of Nunn ..Bradley is great but somewhat injury prone ..Nunn can still get better and provide insurance..we should be thinking of building his value for the trade deadline

Play Achiuwa and KZ and see what we got ..they could come handy come playoff time at least on a defensive role

I expect

Nunn or Bradley
Robinson
Jimmy
Bam
Meyers

We will also see some three guard lineups featuring Bradley- Dragic and Herro with Bam and Jimmy or harkless
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,117

Post#1639 » by twix2500 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:03 pm

Bradley will be good for Nunn in practice. Bradley gave Nunn hell when they faced each other

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1640 » by DayofMourning » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:05 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:Serge was a quality fit next to Bam. He or our FO didn't see it.

Ibaka on a second year team option is a gamble we should have taken. No question about it.

I get the Giannis cap situation, and still. 10 Mil for a guy like serge, you do it.

If he's healthy, he's opting out next year. Worst case is if he gets really injured, you can move 10 Mil expiring if Giannis wants to come. It's a moveable obstacle. We might even be able to squeeze in a Giannis plus a 10 Mil player next year. Hell, Ibaka fits great with Giannis and with Bam.

Whatever, it's water under the bridge now.

All aboard the "Precious is Ibaka 2.0 train"

Def need to develop our youngsters. Should go all in so that they can contribute in the playoffs.

The absence of free agent additions is why I would have struck again in the draft. Particularly the 2nd round. Get another guy to develop at a very low cost who may be able to help later in the year. Meyers at $10 million is pretty poor in comparison IMO.

Return to Miami Heat