CHI/CHA/BOS: Terry for Sato/Felicio?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,221

CHI/CHA/BOS: Terry for Sato/Felicio? 

Post#1 » by djFan71 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:24 pm

CHI: Rozier for Satoransky, Felicio
CHA: Hayward, Satoranksy for Rozier
BOS: Felicio for Hayward

BOS gets the TPE and keeps Felicio for trade ballast or waives him if needed. Still way under tax.
CHI gets Roizer as a point for a couple years and off Felicio's deal. Basically neutral $ this year, $7.5 more next.
CHA saves a ton of money and clears the way for Ball.

I have no idea on the CHA/CHI side, but it doesn't seem far off from an outsider perspective.
Thoughts?

EDIT: Forgot to put Sato to CHA.
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,733

Re: CHI/SAC/BOS: Terry for Sato/Felicio? 

Post#2 » by BK_2020 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:39 pm

Does CHI want Rozier? Never heard of this rumor.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by djFan71 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:46 pm

BK_2020 wrote:Does CHI want Rozier? Never heard of this rumor.

No idea. That's why I'm asking. Seems like it could work for them, but I don't know.
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Post#4 » by Resistance » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:55 pm

Rozier and LaVine on the court together doesn't seem like a positive.
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,355

Post#5 » by pipfan » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:38 pm

No thanks from Chi-no interest at all in Rozier, would rather have Sato at $10 million
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,457

Post#6 » by jayjaysee » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:47 pm

Who ends up with Sato?
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#7 » by ChettheJet » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:55 pm

It's a good move for the Bulls as the 20-21 FA market might not be as big as it seemed and it's always been an issue getting big names to honestly consider CHI.

Rozier is sort of a veteran Coby White at the PG, more of a scorer than a set up passer. The game has changed, John Stockton, Mark Price, Mo Cheeks are gone, The Bulls end up with a four guard rotation of White, Lavine, Rozier and Temple and I don't care how mortified some people are about their defense that's a lot better than running Dunn, Satoransky, Harrison and Arcidiacono out there some of which CHI have been suffering with for a couple of years. They could release Arcidiacono and keep Dotson or Mokoka on their 2 ways.

Year 2 is where this move is a bit of an issue, but Felicio and Satoransky going out matches Rozier's second year so the Bulls don't end up with room for two max deals which weren't coming anyway. They still have Porter, Valentine, Temple, Kornet, Arcidiacono expiring for about $43M of cap space. Rozier's contract runs out in another year the same as Lavine so they have room to extend their young guys or shop the market.

The key is the Bulls don't give up much but get a solid contributor who in the event of a short or long term injury to either White or Lavine can fill it up which some Bulls fans loved about journeyman Nate Robinson who wasn't nearly the same as Rozier.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#8 » by OGSactownballer » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:12 pm

Your title is wrong.

You have SAC instead of CHA.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,525

Post#9 » by HornetJail » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:15 pm

I know our moves remind everyone of Sacramento but this should be CHI/CHA/BOS

and assuming Sato is going to Boston not Charlotte, this is a yes for me. I believe the deal still avoids a Batum stretch if we take Felicio too, in case Boston doesn't want to take both Sato and Felicio for nothing. Worst case, we stretch Felicio instead and only pay him like $2.5M a year for 3 years instead of Nic $9M for 3 years.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,457

Post#10 » by jayjaysee » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:37 pm

I would maybe say make it Chi/Char/OKC and just pay OKC a 2nd or two for eating the 8 mil of Felicio and leave Boston out of it? Feel like the 8 million from Terry to Sato could be enough, or stretch Sato (so 3 mil for 5 years) if needed.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: CHI/CHA/BOS: Terry for Sato/Felicio? 

Post#11 » by djFan71 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:29 pm

Sorry for the late-night type folks. Fixed the title and Sato indeed goes to CHA.
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,303

Post#12 » by Kurt Heimlich » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:44 pm

Would rather keep Sato and the salary flexibility. Bulls need compensation or cut them out entirely.
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#13 » by HornetJail » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:53 pm

djFan71 wrote:Sorry for the late-night type folks. Fixed the title and Sato indeed goes to CHA.

I don't like it as he'd be wasted money as a 4th PG, but I'd do it to keep us from stretching Batum

What players can Sato bring in through a 1v1 swap? Preferably SG/SF or a C.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by djFan71 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:57 pm

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:
djFan71 wrote:Sorry for the late-night type folks. Fixed the title and Sato indeed goes to CHA.

I don't like it as he'd be wasted money as a 4th PG, but I'd do it to keep us from stretching Batum

Yeah, that's the only motivation is to avoid the Batum death stretch. (And, get us a TPE)
But, it's LESS wasted money and with a guy more likely to accept the role.

Unfortunately, Thad Young is just a little too much $ to avoid the Batum stretch. You'd have to send someone else out too.
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#15 » by HornetJail » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:01 pm

djFan71 wrote:
KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:

Yeah, that's the only motivation is to avoid the Batum death stretch. (And, get us a TPE)

Unfortunately, Thad Young is just a little too much $ to avoid the Batum stretch. You'd have to send someone else out too.

the 3-team trade can go through as posted signing Hayward with the remainder of the cap space, and then look for 1v1 swaps for Sato later. Not a high priority but something I'd want to move.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by djFan71 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:06 pm

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:
djFan71 wrote:
KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:I don't like it as he'd be wasted money as a 4th PG, but I'd do it to keep us from stretching Batum

the 3-team trade can go through as posted signing Hayward with the remainder of the cap space, and then look for 1v1 swaps for Sato later. Not a high priority but something I'd want to move.

Yep, not an urgent thing to get off Sato. Avoiding that stretch is.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by djFan71 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:08 pm

Kurt Heimlich wrote:Would rather keep Sato and the salary flexibility. Bulls need compensation or cut them out entirely.

How much are we talking? Does a 2nd grease the wheels? One each from CHA/BOS? That's about as much as I could see.
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,303

Post#18 » by Kurt Heimlich » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:20 pm

djFan71 wrote:
Kurt Heimlich wrote:Would rather keep Sato and the salary flexibility. Bulls need compensation or cut them out entirely.

How much are we talking? Does a 2nd grease the wheels? One each from CHA/BOS? That's about as much as I could see.

Yeah valuewise I think that's probably reasonable. Just struggling to see the motivation for the bulls here. Rozier isnt so much a facilitator as he is a scorer. And arguably the bulls best two players are also "scoring" guards. So idk that theyd want to lock up that amount cap space for an undersized 3rd scoring guard.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by djFan71 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:26 pm

Kurt Heimlich wrote:
djFan71 wrote:

Yeah valuewise I think that's probably reasonable. Just struggling to see the motivation for the bulls here. Rozier isnt so much a facilitator as he is a scorer. And arguably the bulls best two players are also "scoring" guards. So idk that theyd want to lock up that amount cap space for an undersized 3rd scoring guard.

Yep, that was what I was wondering. Wasn't sure what the plan was with letting Dunn go, not drafting a PG. Figured Terry at least is a placeholder for a couple years. But, I can definitely see it being a shrug from you guys. :)

Return to Trades and Transactions