ImageImage

Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Pat is Back! 

Post#1221 » by LuessiT » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:19 pm

Chad34 wrote:
emunney wrote:Watch us stretch Wilson.

does that add cap space?

I'm not sure my math is correct, but I don't think it does. We also can't creep under the tax with that.
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,006

Post#1222 » by BuckFan25226 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:20 pm

Fotis St wrote:Guys hold on , hold on ... Giannis is now really hurt and he is struggling mentally to overcome the fact that the whole NBA World is laughing at our FO , on which he hoped to make a Championship team ... Giannis will overcome this struggle and battle it out , no doubt. Imagine if you were like his brother and love him so much and he says that he only cares about winning a ring ... would you advise him to stay in Mil ? I would advise him to NOT sign the Supermax and decide in summer. So here we are ... we are going to start the Championship like this and Holiday will probably have his thoughts on whether he wants to sign an extension or not.
I really don't get the optimism ... I will see the difference between Bled and Jrue in the playoffs. Giannis body is one year older, and struggled the previous year to stay healthy, Khris is a walking 40 year old good old scool basketball player, Jrue has to improve and excel at the playoffs ... I don't see the youth nor the "dogs" we wanted and the enforcers we need at the playoffs.
DDV is too short to play high level D at the playoffs, I said what I think about Pat C. We are probably at the same level , our morale is ultra low , we are one year older , same coach , almost same players .... and other contenders have improved ... I simply can't see how we are reaching the Finals, even the East Finals ...

Are you ok, man?
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#1223 » by LuessiT » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:20 pm

emunney wrote:The point isn't will we be good. We already were good! The point is we made a huge investment in future capital, so shouldn't we have a huge improvement in present roster quality to show for it? We don't! And Jrue has a PO next year!

I'm pretty sure Jrue signs the maximum extension during the season.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#1224 » by emunney » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:20 pm

Chad34 wrote:

does that add cap space?

It would allow us to fill the roster.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Post#1225 » by leroyjw10 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:20 pm

Curious what will happen with Frank Mason. Do they just rescind the QO? I really like Frank and was hoping we'd keep him, but not looking likely. If nothing else, it'd be nice to a 3rd-string PG who can actually run the offense in a blowout. Still wouldn't have that.
Chad34
RealGM
And1: 5,198

Post#1226 » by Chad34 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:21 pm

emunney wrote:The point isn't will we be good. We already were good! The point is we made a huge investment in future capital, so shouldn't we have a huge improvement in present roster quality to show for it? We don't! And Jrue has a PO next year!

is it possible they have an extension worked out already
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#1227 » by LuessiT » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:21 pm

emunney wrote:
Chad34 wrote:

does that add cap space?

It would allow us to fill the roster.

I'm like 90% we can fill the roster either way.
Wisky4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,067

Post#1228 » by Wisky4life » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:22 pm

Really annoyed we can't squeeze Mason in on the minimum. How about take a $1 million off of Conny's contract.
“We’re going to turn this team around 360 degrees.” –Jason Kidd
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#1229 » by mke_design » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:22 pm

If Jrue extends and Giannis signs - the point is moot. So let's see what happens.
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
wisportsfan4
Junior
And1: 81

Post#1230 » by wisportsfan4 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:22 pm

LuessiT wrote:
wisportsfan4 wrote:
LuessiT wrote:
Yes I do. This is realGM. not realSPORTSFAN.

You act like Horst is not a good GM. The same guy that won executive of the year. Like he's not in the know about the value of players.

Do I agree we probably overpaid for Jrue? Yes, I do. But if we didn't, someone else likely would of, and then this board would be up in arms about "oh the Bucks didn't go for it when they had the chance."

If getting Jrue meant Giannis resigning, nothing else matters. Nothing. Asset maximization be damned.

I do think he's making plenty of mistakes, especially on the small scales. Casual fans might not think it matters but it makes me livid that we partly guaranteed Merrill's second year. Or that we signed him before knowing if we have part of the MLE left to hand a longer than 2 year contract. Guess what we have.

And if Horst was as good a GM as you said he is he'd be capable of doing both.

No moves are official yet. Not even the Jrue trade. So while you think you may know all the ins and outs of every option, etc. because John Hollinger speculated some garbage, no one does.

Jon Horst won Exec of the Year in 2019. Google it.
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#1231 » by mke_design » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:23 pm

leroyjw10 wrote:Curious what will happen with Frank Mason. Do they just rescind the QO? I really like Frank and was hoping we'd keep him, but not looking likely. If nothing else, it'd be nice to a 3rd-string PG who can actually run the offense in a blowout. Still wouldn't have that.

I think we can once Jrue deal is official.
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,020

Post#1232 » by Magic Giannison » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:24 pm

Do you honestly believe that we gave so much unless Jrue agreed to extend with us especially after Giannis extends?
Chad34
RealGM

Post#1233 » by Chad34 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:24 pm

have any transactions become official yet? Is there still ability to expand or alter them?
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#1234 » by LuessiT » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:25 pm

wisportsfan4 wrote:
LuessiT wrote:
wisportsfan4 wrote:
You act like Horst is not a good GM. The same guy that won executive of the year. Like he's not in the know about the value of players.

Do I agree we probably overpaid for Jrue? Yes, I do. But if we didn't, someone else likely would of, and then this board would be up in arms about "oh the Bucks didn't go for it when they had the chance."

If getting Jrue meant Giannis resigning, nothing else matters. Nothing. Asset maximization be damned.

I do think he's making plenty of mistakes, especially on the small scales. Casual fans might not think it matters but it makes me livid that we partly guaranteed Merrill's second year. Or that we signed him before knowing if we have part of the MLE left to hand a longer than 2 year contract. Guess what we have.

No moves are official yet. Not even the Jrue trade. So while you think you may know all the ins and outs of every option, etc. because John Hollinger speculated some garbage, no one does.

I'm not basing my opinions on John Hollinger.

You're really barking at the wrong tree and it's annoying.
Bucknado
Sixth Man
And1: 1,195

Post#1235 » by Bucknado » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:25 pm

We were far and away the best team in the league pre bubble. We got better. Once the vaccine hits, watch out. It’ll be like reverse bubble. We’ll be packing the house for the playoffs. LFG!!!
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,853

Post#1236 » by Fotis St » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:26 pm

What the worst Grade there is ... F ? I would give them even Worse Out of Scale ... cause they didn't add the appropriate shooting needed, the appropriate enforcers needed, we have Jrue who doesn't scream SUPERSTAR I got you in the playoffs, I will carry you ... , and on top of that ... We are literally the laugh of 29 Teams , I bet they were all laughing at all the mistakes Horst and owners were doing ... it breaks Team's morale and really hurts the face of the Franchise with multiple consiquences on attracting players and even making deals with other GMs.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#1237 » by Badgerlander » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:27 pm

Frank Mason fans need to watch some Sam Merrill videos
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Chad34
RealGM

Post#1238 » by Chad34 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:32 pm

Badgerlander wrote:Frank Mason fans need to watch some Sam Merrill videos

not saying he's doncic, but couldn't you say from the eye test, doncic has most of merrill's perceived weakness's? i have a feeling about this guy's intangibles
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,926

Post#1239 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:35 pm

LuessiT wrote:
wisportsfan4 wrote:
LuessiT wrote:

I'm not basing my opinions on John Hollinger.

You're really barking at the wrong tree and it's annoying.

youre playing strictly fantasy league. gms need to make tough business decisions but these players are real people with egos and sensitivies above normal human scale. lockerroom perceptions matter and some of the best teams ever were destroyed when gms didnt consider that aspect. its a fine line but there is a difference with how we approach it and how they have to.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,926

Post#1240 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:39 pm

the capital is all in 3 guys. then theres brook. then theres the peanut gallery every team needs.

i think were much better and i dont have a problem with holiday, middleton, and giannis making the salary cap between them. it is what it is. if any one of those 3 were to leave our window slams shut. as long as we have them were the top of the EC

Return to Milwaukee Bucks