ImageImageImageImageImage

Turncoat Trezz.. Lets talk about it

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,078

Betrayel Is An Understatement 

Post#21 » by Wammy Giveaway » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:05 pm

With Harrell on the Lakers, they now have exclusive inside information on the Clipper's sets and schemes, never mind that Lue is now the coach. Here's why:

1. If they focus on regular season too much and not Lakers, they'll lose all three games to Lakers in regular season, making the playoffs short-lived.
2. If they focus too much on Lakers and not regular season, Clippers could slip a few seeds or worse: be in grave danger of missing playoffs completely.

Clippers will have to do something they've never done before: a balance act.

With the implementation of a play-in tournament for seeds 7th to 10th, Clippers have something of a lifeline should they slip up. Regardless, their right to playoff contention is on the line this year.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,883

Re: Betrayel Is An Understatement 

Post#22 » by esqtvd » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:17 pm

Wammy Giveaway wrote:With Harrell on the Lakers, they now have exclusive inside information on the Clipper's sets and schemes, never mind that Lue is now the coach. Here's why:

1. If they focus on regular season too much and not Lakers, they'll lose all three games to Lakers in regular season, making the playoffs short-lived.
2. If they focus too much on Lakers and not regular season, Clippers could slip a few seeds or worse: be in grave danger of missing playoffs completely.

Clippers will have to do something they've never done before: a balance act.

With the implementation of a play-in tournament for seeds 7th to 10th, Clippers have something of a lifeline should they slip up. Regardless, their right to playoff contention is on the line this year.

The Clippers didn't even know their own schemes, that was the problem.

"We just couldn't make no shots," said Leonard, who shot 1-for-11 in the second half. "That's when it comes to the team chemistry, knowing what we should run to get the ball in spots or just if someone's getting doubled or they're packing the paint, try to make other guys make shots, and we gotta know what exact spots we need to be.

"And you know, just gotta carry over and get smarter as a team. Get smarter. Basketball IQ got to get better."
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
esqtvd
RealGM

Re: Turncoat Trezz.. Lets talk about it 

Post#23 » by esqtvd » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:23 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

https://www.si.com/nba/clippers/news/clipper-players-legitimately-shocked-at-montrezl-harrell-signing-with-lakers
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 893

Post#24 » by NickP » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:10 am

Screw Trez. Garbage out!
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#25 » by TheNewEra » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:23 pm

Really was for the best for both sides
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,692

Post#26 » by madmaxmedia » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:18 pm

None of what transpired, where he signed, etc. bothers me. It's not like any of us were rolling out the red carpet for him, and there certainly was no billboard imploring him to stay. He played hard when he was on the floor, the pick n rolls with Lou were sweet, the same holes in his game were always there, and unfortunately the playoffs sucked. It was time for a mutual parting of ways.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#27 » by esqtvd » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:24 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:None of what transpired, where he signed, etc. bothers me. It's not like any of us were rolling out the red carpet for him. He played hard when he was on the floor, the pick n rolls with Lou were sweet, the playoffs sucked. It was time for a mutual parting of ways.

We'll see which is the real playoff Trezz--the emotional basket case we saw in the bubble or the one that averaged 18.3 ppg on 73% shooting in 2018-19. Obviously the Lakers think they're getting the latter.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Post#28 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:54 pm

Read on Twitter

LMAO, okay.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#29 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:16 pm

It's good to see Sindarius knows they're the enemy - that there was some culture fostered in our organization where they are the enemy and it's not just a creature of the fans.

Should come in a Clipper Handbook when people join the org.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,671

Post#30 » by KL2 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:21 pm

The organization keeps things in house and never leaks.

Harrell was gone after all the leaking he did.

Good riddance.
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#31 » by TheNewEra » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:25 pm

That was tough to watch. It clearly shows him signing with LAL really wasn’t his decision or priority because he wanted to stay. It got so bad there was little room to turn back.

I think if there were more defined roles and sacrifice from everyone was preached more it wouldn’t have got as bad. That also means Doc wouldn’t of been coach
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#32 » by TheNewEra » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:26 pm

esqtvd wrote:
madmaxmedia wrote:None of what transpired, where he signed, etc. bothers me. It's not like any of us were rolling out the red carpet for him. He played hard when he was on the floor, the pick n rolls with Lou were sweet, the playoffs sucked. It was time for a mutual parting of ways.

We'll see which is the real playoff Trezz--the emotional basket case we saw in the bubble or the one that averaged 18.3 ppg on 73% shooting in 2018-19. Obviously the Lakers think they're getting the latter.

His +\- didn’t look all that good even in the GSW series. Trez might of worked here if we still had Ibaka and his role was completely changed
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#33 » by TheNewEra » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:27 pm

Welp can’t change history now what’s done is done
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#34 » by esqtvd » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:54 pm

TheNewEra wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

His +\- didn’t look all that good even in the GSW series. Trez might of worked here if we still had Ibaka and his role was completely changed

I ran across this on Twitter--no idea if it's accurate.

Read on Twitter

Since Trezz played many or most of his minutes beside Lou--a notoriously wretched defender--it's difficult to know how much of the blae he deserves. And on second units, the problem is usually finding ANYBODY who can keep the scoreboard ticking. 18 ppg in 26 mpg on a league-leading 73% FGs has a place on the court--at least the Lakers think so.

I'm more concerned about the chemistry issues. Is it just the locker room or the whole org? One thing is clear--things had better change. We may have at least been better than the Lakers on paper last year, but we sure aren't now. This team is gonna have learn how to hump.

Read on Twitter
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#35 » by esqtvd » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:03 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#36 » by TheNewEra » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:06 pm

esqtvd wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

I ran across this on Twitter--no idea if it's accurate.

Read on Twitter

Since Trezz played many or most of his minutes beside Lou--a notoriously wretched defender--it's difficult to know how much of the blae he deserves. And on second units, the problem is usually finding ANYBODY who can keep the scoreboard ticking. 18 ppg in 26 mpg on a league-leading 73% FGs has a place on the court--at least the Lakers think so.

I'm more concerned about the chemistry issues he gave as the reason for leaving. Is it just the locker room or the whole org? One thing is clear--things had better change. We may have at least been better than the Lakers on paper last year, but we sure aren't now. This team is gonna have learn how to hump.

Read on Twitter

They were definitely terrible together but in fairness to Lou I’ve seen this stat around as well

Read on Twitter

Not sure what the future will be for Lou but if he does stay it could be the team felt they couldn’t have both guys anymore. Also who would adapt to a step down in role better
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#37 » by TheNewEra » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:07 pm

esqtvd wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Have to admit the clippers kind of waited to see if he would crap on them publicly before doing this :lol:
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#38 » by esqtvd » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:26 pm

TheNewEra wrote:
Not sure what the future will be for Lou but if he does stay it could be the team felt they couldn’t have both guys anymore. Also who would adapt to a step down in role better

Lou's about the only spare part with a high enough salary [$8M] to get anyone decent back. But his highest value might be in the spring as an expiring contract.

I think Trezz was bounced more for non-basketball issues [see above] but hey, he's also a deeply flawed player who played way over his talent level.

Let's face it--we got REALLY LUCKY nobody offered Ibaka some REAL money and he settled for our MLE. I suppose it's possible the Clips FO thought that if Ibaka turned us down, Trezz would still be dangling out there, looking for the big money himself. Instead he pounced on the Lakers MLE--perhaps out of hurt and spite that the Clippers [apparently] hadn't even contacted him.

“I’m definitely going to be with a team that wanted me and with a group of guys that I’m going to build chemistry with fast,” Harrell said.
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#39 » by TheNewEra » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:34 pm

esqtvd wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:

Lou's about the only spare part with a high enough salary [$8M] to get anyone decent back. But his highest value might be in the spring as an expiring contract.

I think Trezz was bounced more for non-basketball issues [see above] but hey, he's also a deeply flawed player who played way over his talent level.

Let's face it--we got REALLY LUCKY nobody offered Ibaka some REAL money and he settled for our MLE. I suppose it's possible the Clips FO thought that if Ibaka turned us down, Trezz would still be dangling out there, looking for the big money himself. Instead he pounced on the Lakers MLE--perhaps out of hurt and spite that the Clippers [apparently] hadn't even contacted him.

That is true
TucsonClip
Sixth Man
And1: 937

Post#40 » by TucsonClip » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:03 am

esqtvd wrote:

Sure, I get that, but who actually had the money to offer him? Charlotte? Atlanta?

I think it was pretty clear Ibaka wasn't a serious option for those teams and his value was always for the MLE with a contender. I had Brooklyn and the Lakers slightly ahead of us, but I think Ibaka and his agent knew where he wanted to play.

So are we lucky? Maybe? I think there is much more to it than that.
Plus, why would I want to go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros.

- Shane Battier

Return to Los Angeles Clippers