Image ImageImage Image

Around The NBA

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,221

Re: Around The NBA 

Post#1241 » by Dan Z » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:26 am

Chi town wrote:Teague and Thompson to the Celts.

Hayward didn’t do much for them.

Teague and Thompson are aging and declining.

Neutral moves for Celts IMO. Ainge will swing for a trade at the deadline.

Tristan Thompson is only 29 years old and should be able to help with the Celtics rebounding.

Jeff Teague will be a backup and I bet he'll be okay in that role.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,520

Post#1242 » by dice » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:43 am

MrSparkle wrote:I don’t think Bulls have a shot at Davis. I literally know nobody who moved to LA and came back to Chicago. :lol:

how many people do you know who moved to LA?

wade moved to miami and came back to chicago...gasol played in LA and left for chicago...kobe played in LA and wanted to be traded to chicago...
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,064

Post#1243 » by MrSparkle » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:08 am

dice wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:I don’t think Bulls have a shot at Davis. I literally know nobody who moved to LA and came back to Chicago. :lol:

how many people do you know who moved to LA?

wade moved to miami and came back to chicago...gasol played in LA and left for chicago...kobe played in LA and wanted to be traded to chicago...

Ah it was a joke. I do know plenty who moved back, generally cause of cost of living. And true, Pau and Corie Blount - lol.

But alas, I do think LAL gambled on Davis with the big trade, he gambled on Lebron’s age, it worked out, and from here on out, i just don’t see a reason for him to leave until he’s on the decline, at which point I don’t care to see him in red.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#1244 » by TheFinishSniper » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:09 pm

Jeffster81 wrote:
TheFinishSniper wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:So should we just give up in general? Hope to land a star through the draft maybe?

Thats idea. Nobody is coming to Chicago actually good

And that is why the previous regime had to go. GarPax was said to have a negative reputation among the players around the league. That's the battle AKME has to fight right now, the changing of the perception of the Bulls organization.

I don't see a star coming to Chicago right now but who knows what will happen in two years. A lot of things can and will change.

Maybe eventually. But for that we still need to build ourselves good team without FA help. They are not the core and they will never be the core. Even if superstar one day signs for Bulls. Please guys remember. They didnt come here because we necessarily needed help. We still build a team through draft worthy of them to consider join. They come here because THEY needed help.

That's why I dont appreciate much bandwagoners and all those star players who follow Lebron's footsteps. Regardless what result and success together we accomplish. That's why Durant will never be great Golden State Warriors player and Curry, Klay, Draymond, even Iggy will always be ahead of him. Same goes for Raptors. Kawhi is maybe greatest player who wore their jersey, but that Lowry and guys will be ahead of him.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,545

Post#1245 » by Ice Man » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:39 pm

dice wrote:wade moved to miami and came back to chicago...gasol played in LA and left for chicago...kobe played in LA and wanted to be traded to chicago...

Let's not forget Lu Deng. He moved back for a press conference.
R3AL1TY
General Manager
And1: 2,314

Post#1246 » by R3AL1TY » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:53 pm

Repeat 3-peat wrote:
jc23 wrote:
Repeat 3-peat wrote:Well the Clippers easily replaced Harrell with Ibaka. Better shooter+defender.

Harrell was garbage when it counted most, elite fake tough guy tho

Also, many of the Clipper fans believe he was behind the leaks around the team. He had to go.

It's something about players when they join Klutch Sports. They turn into divas, they begin giving their current teams a hard time, the team's dirt suddenly gets spread out into the open, and they start cheerleading for Bron. Draymond Green has been acting the same way. He probably would have joined the Lakers if AD didn't get poisoned too.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#1247 » by TheStig » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:10 pm

Ice Man wrote:
dice wrote:wade moved to miami and came back to chicago...gasol played in LA and left for chicago...kobe played in LA and wanted to be traded to chicago...

Let's not forget Lu Deng. He moved back for a press conference.

Pippen came back for the last year. Grant, Kukoc and Pax worked or the org after their careers.
TheHrvReport
Bench Warmer
And1: 798

Post#1248 » by TheHrvReport » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:47 pm

Looks like Hawks are trying to sign Bogdanovic as well. They’re not signing the greatest players but they are at least getting deeper and trying to make a playoff push for Trae’s 3rd season. Also gives them flexibility to package some of these signings with one of their young pieces to bring in a legitimate star maybe next offseason. I like it for them.
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#1249 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:09 pm

Bucks adding versatile defender Torrey Craig and good guard Bryn Forbes, along with starter Jrue Holiday, and two more bench players in DJ Augustin,former Bull Bobby Portis -- soo I think they have solid team now for EC win and spot in the finals! But I will be rooting for HEAT once Bulls are out...

Holiday, Di Vincenzo, Middleton, Giannis, Lopez
Augustin, Forbes, Korver?, Connaughton, Craig, DJ Wilson, Portis

Vs Heat :
Dragic, Butler, Robinson, Olynyk, Adebayo
Nunn, Herro, A.Bradley, Igoudala?, Harkless, Achiowa, Haslem, M.Leonard
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#1250 » by sco » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:12 pm

Bogdan Bogdanovic has signed an offer sheet from the Hawks on a contract worth $72 million over four seasons according to Marc Stein of the New York Times. Wow...that's a bargain. Kings should match. That contract could net them a good player via trade if they don't keep him.

Read on Twitter
:clap:
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#1251 » by ZOMG » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:41 pm

sco wrote:Bogdan Bogdanovic has signed an offer sheet from the Hawks on a contract worth $72 million over four seasons according to Marc Stein of the New York Times. Wow...that's a bargain. Kings should match. That contract could net them a good player via trade if they don't keep him.

Just 72/4???

The Kings are INSANE if they don't match. With all the crazy deals flying around, I'm shocked that someone didn't give Bogey at least 20 mil per.

I mean... even Joe Harris got 75/4. He's a great shooter, but Bogdanovic can run your team too.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,221

Post#1252 » by Dan Z » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:14 pm

TheHrvReport wrote:Looks like Hawks are trying to sign Bogdanovic as well. They’re not signing the greatest players but they are at least getting deeper and trying to make a playoff push for Trae’s 3rd season. Also gives them flexibility to package some of these signings with one of their young pieces to bring in a legitimate star maybe next offseason. I like it for them.

I think making a push for the playoffs is the right move for the Hawks, but I'm not sold on Rondo and I question Gallinari's health. Bogdanovic would be a good signing for them.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,536

Post#1253 » by Dominator83 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:34 pm

Jontay Porter got 3 years 6 mill. Why didn't we get him?
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach

Post#1254 » by TheFinishSniper » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:43 pm

Dominater wrote:Jontay Porter got 3 years 6 mill. Why didn't we get him?

3 years. Bulls arent shelling long term deals to a guy with zero NBA minutes. And with injury history like his we stayed away for a reason.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,839

Post#1255 » by TheSuzerain » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:22 pm

Poor management
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#1256 » by TheSuzerain » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:23 pm

TheFinishSniper wrote:

3 years. Bulls arent shelling long term deals to a guy with zero NBA minutes. And with injury history like his we stayed away for a reason.

Long term deals are desirable when the money per year is that low.

Worst case scenario you cut a player and eat $2 million. Best case you have an actual valuable asset on a dirt cheap deal.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach

Post#1257 » by TheFinishSniper » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:37 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
TheFinishSniper wrote:

Worst case scenario you cut a player and eat $2 million. Best case you have an actual valuable asset on a dirt cheap deal.

Forgot to mention we are still really young team. We have too many players waiting in line to develop and focus on. Adding another player with zero experience does not do much for us. Bulls will likely look to add vet big man on one year deal similar to Temple if they need big.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,520

Post#1258 » by dice » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:40 pm

supposedly oubre will cost the warriors over 80 mil next season alone when luxury tax is factored in. good grief. i know they've got money coming out of their ears, but they're gonna regret that one
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#1259 » by TheSuzerain » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:48 pm

TheFinishSniper wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:
TheFinishSniper wrote:3 years. Bulls arent shelling long term deals to a guy with zero NBA minutes. And with injury history like his we stayed away for a reason.

Forgot to mention we are still really young team. We have too many players waiting in line to develop and focus on. Adding another player with zero experience does not do much for us. Bulls will likely look to add vet big man on one year deal similar to Temple if they need big.

Jontay is a better young prospect than at least Kornet and Felicio. Possibly Gafford too.

And there's not a limit on the number of players you can develop anyway.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,536

Post#1260 » by Dominator83 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:51 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
TheFinishSniper wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:Long term deals are desirable when the money per year is that low.

Jontay is a better young prospect than at least Kornet and Felicio. Possibly Gafford too.

And there's not a limit on the number of players you can develop anyway.

And if we are going with the "2 max slots next summer" thing, I'm on board. But then why haven't we traded Thad and Sato for expiring bags of Doritos yet?
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !

Return to Chicago Bulls