ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#181 » by Quazza » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:38 pm

James Gatz wrote:
wupuck wrote:
James Gatz wrote:Hey Warrior Fans,

Having a little discussion about Terry Rozier on the Hornets forum. Do agree or disagree with the idea you'd give us a 1st for Rozier? Assuming you still had the TPE and Rozier fit into it? Let me know!

Rozier is a PG. last I checked Dubs might have the best shooting PG in league history. So he’d be coming off the bench. $18M for a backup PG who can’t play any other position? Hard pass

Cool! I'm in agreement with you. Thanks for settling that. Open to other Dubs fans opinions on this as well to really get a firm response.

Definitely not
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#182 » by 316Hornets » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:58 pm

Rozier plays fine off ball and could fill the Klay Thompson role. He excels at catch and shoot shots, and shot over 40% from 3. Devonte is the Hornets primary lead guard and Rozier only really initiates the offense when Devonte is off the floor.
wupuck
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#183 » by wupuck » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:10 am

316Hornets wrote:Rozier plays fine off ball and could fill the Klay Thompson role. He excels at catch and shoot shots, and shot over 40% from 3. Devonte is the Hornets primary lead guard and Rozier only really initiates the offense when Devonte is off the floor.

Only problem is Rozier is 6’2”. Curry is 6’3”. That would mean they’d have 2 short guards out there. Can win some games in the regular season but come playoff time that will be exploited by better teams
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,248

Post#184 » by xdrta+ » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:14 am

Is there a plan to absorb his almost $19M salary? Trade Green? I don't get the point of this suggestion.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#185 » by Quazza » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:54 am

316Hornets wrote:Rozier plays fine off ball and could fill the Klay Thompson role. He excels at catch and shoot shots, and shot over 40% from 3. Devonte is the Hornets primary lead guard and Rozier only really initiates the offense when Devonte is off the floor.

Sounds amazing. You should keep him then
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#186 » by Mylie10 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:00 am

Rozier no bien para Golden State
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#187 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:13 am

Quazza wrote:

Sounds amazing. You should keep him then

:lol:
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#188 » by 316Hornets » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:25 am

wupuck wrote:

Only problem is Rozier is 6’2”. Curry is 6’3”. That would mean they’d have 2 short guards out there. Can win some games in the regular season but come playoff time that will be exploited by better teams

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#189 » by Mylie10 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:33 am

We good
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#190 » by InWestWeTrust » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:39 am

316Hornets wrote:
wupuck wrote:

We already used the TPE on Oubre, wasting your time
wupuck
Freshman

Post#191 » by wupuck » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:51 am

316Hornets wrote:
wupuck wrote:

That's wingspan. I'm talking height.
thunderdunk
Bench Warmer
And1: 185

Post#192 » by thunderdunk » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:07 am

Is there any chance that the Dubs could pick JaVale back up from NY? Does anybody else think that might be a good thing to do?
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#193 » by InWestWeTrust » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:45 am

thunderdunk wrote:Is there any chance that the Dubs could pick JaVale back up from NY? Does anybody else think that might be a good thing to do?

Isnt he on the Cavs?

We already have Wiseman-Looney-Chriss-Smiley plus Draymond small ball minutes

I mentioned in another thread I might do Looney for McGee if it got us a 2nd round pick
migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#194 » by migya » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:38 am

InWestWeTrust wrote:
thunderdunk wrote:Is there any chance that the Dubs could pick JaVale back up from NY? Does anybody else think that might be a good thing to do?

Isnt he on the Cavs?

I mentioned in another thread I might do Looney for McGee if it got us a 2nd round pick

If he is healthy Demarcus Cousins would be a nice addition. Can show Wiseman some outside shooting.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#195 » by Coxy » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:16 am

316Hornets wrote:
wupuck wrote:

Did you just use Roziers wingspan to try to aleviate our concerns about him being 6'2"?
wupuck
Freshman

Post#196 » by wupuck » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:16 am

migya wrote:
InWestWeTrust wrote:

Isnt he on the Cavs?

If he is healthy Demarcus Cousins would be a nice addition. Can show Wiseman some outside shooting.

From what I've heard about Boogie is that he's pretty arrogant and not a nice guy. Of course that's to the media, no idea how that translates inside the locker room. If Dubs don't even inquire, that probably means its true.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#197 » by DAWill1128 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:32 am

I would take Cousins, it gives the roster some upside potential. With Cousins stature it raises the expectations and outlook of the team, and that mental edge is really big. Beyond the financial side I think I general outlook of free agents changed regarding us due to the Thompson injury, and that circles back to expectations and outlook.

One upside of grabbing Cousins is if he feels good physically he can match and or outplay other teams bigs. If say Cousins comes in and he can matchup and perform as well as say Nurkic, Ibaka, JV, Gobert, ect that’s big win for us. Cousins gives us the potential of winning positional matchups we wouldn’t otherwise win, or at least negate them. Even matching up career wise Cousins has outplayed Jokic, here when he was getting his legs back he outplayed Jokic. Cousins outplayed Capela, totally negated the guy. Thing is Cousins is such a big strong guy that nobody can leverage or push him off the block, his box out ability is crazy.

For the record we won 76% of the games played with Cousins, as opposed to 65% without.
wupuck
Freshman

Post#198 » by wupuck » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:54 am

DAWill1128 wrote:I would take Cousins, it gives the roster some upside potential. With Cousins stature it raises the expectations and outlook of the team, and that mental edge is really big. Beyond the financial side I think I general outlook of free agents changed regarding us due to the Thompson injury, and that circles back to expectations and outlook.

One upside of grabbing Cousins is if he feels good physically he can match and or outplay other teams bigs. If say Cousins comes in and he can matchup and perform as well as say Nurkic, Ibaka, JV, Gobert, ect that’s big win for us. Cousins gives us the potential of winning positional matchups we wouldn’t otherwise win, or at least negate them. Even matching up career wise Cousins has outplayed Jokic, here when he was getting his legs back he outplayed Jokic. Cousins outplayed Capela, totally negated the guy. Thing is Cousins is such a big strong guy that nobody can leverage or push him off the block, his box out ability is crazy.

For the record we won 76% of the games played with Cousins, as opposed to 65% without.

I do believe the Dubs also had Klay playing then....
migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#199 » by migya » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:21 am

DAWill1128 wrote:I would take Cousins, it gives the roster some upside potential. With Cousins stature it raises the expectations and outlook of the team, and that mental edge is really big. Beyond the financial side I think I general outlook of free agents changed regarding us due to the Thompson injury, and that circles back to expectations and outlook.

Think Cousins for the MLE Is ideal and he realistically is a good signing with a chance to be a difference maker than negative. Imagine Cousins being 70% old what he was next season. That'd be a steal and could make the differencein being low playoff seed and contender. Curry and Draymond were good with him when he was there.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 432

Post#200 » by superunknown » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:49 pm

if he's available and playable, I'd take another gamble on boogie.
He's a (needed) big body, cand provide some (needed) offense from the bench, he's a good passer for the position, can matchup with the big in the west.

Return to Golden State Warriors