The Bismack Biyombo Thread II

Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Re: The Bismack Biyombo Thread II 

Post#801 » by catch20two » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:06 pm

DY_nasty wrote:
catch20two wrote:Biz played a integral role in helping the Raptors reach the Eastern Conference Finals for the first time in franchise history. Then followed that up by helping Toronto take LeBron and the Cavs to 6 games.

looking for great, short runs from guys leaves you with a list that's pretty massive dude... i mean hell, tristan thompson is a perfect example from the same sort of recent scenario

I didn’t say he was worth the $17M a year contract lol. I was just trying to say that he’s proven that he can be useful in meaningful games against the better teams in the league.

Do you remember how Cody looked against Whiteside in 2015-16 playoffs? Overmatched. And as far as Willy he hasn’t even been a part of a winning team yet. He was so bad defensively that even a tanking Knicks team got rid of him. They duped us into that one.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
DY_nasty
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Post#802 » by DY_nasty » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:29 pm

catch20two wrote:
DY_nasty wrote:
catch20two wrote:Biz played a integral role in helping the Raptors reach the Eastern Conference Finals for the first time in franchise history. Then followed that up by helping Toronto take LeBron and the Cavs to 6 games.

looking for great, short runs from guys leaves you with a list that's pretty massive dude... i mean hell, tristan thompson is a perfect example from the same sort of recent scenario

I didn’t say he was worth the $17M a year contract lol. I was just trying to say that he’s proven that he can be useful in meaningful games against the better teams in the league.

Do you remember how Cody looked against Whiteside in 2015-16 playoffs? Overmatched. And as far as Willy he hasn’t even been a part of a winning team yet. He was so bad defensively that even a tanking Knicks team got rid of him. They duped us into that one.

i'm not even talking about the money tbh

biyombo's highlight of his career wasn't a season or something - it was stretches of a dozen games at a time or something. i like biz, but he's probably looking horrible in practices too. its hard to write him into a gameplan

regarding willie, its funny because he's never been this bad defensively. this is an all time low for him :lol:
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,542

Post#803 » by yosemiteben » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:54 pm

catch20two wrote:Do you remember how Cody looked against Whiteside in 2015-16 playoffs? Overmatched.

To be fair Biz looks overmatched against big physical centers too. He doesn't deal well with guys like Whiteside, Cousins, Drummond, Embiid, etc.
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#804 » by 316Hornets » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:00 am

Biz is basically good at taking up space and guarding 1 spot on the floor. Anybody that can go around him or over him is going to feast.
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
catch20two
RealGM

Post#805 » by catch20two » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:50 am

yosemiteben wrote:
catch20two wrote:Do you remember how Cody looked against Whiteside in 2015-16 playoffs? Overmatched.

To be fair Biz looks overmatched against big physical centers too. He doesn't deal well with guys like Whiteside, Cousins, Drummond, Embiid, etc.

It’s not the same. Cody couldn’t do anything with Whiteside that series. Whiteside was shooting like 70% doing whatever he wanted. If we could’ve contained Whiteside we easily win that series in maybe 5 games (4-1). I’m sure Whiteside outrebounded Cody by 2x each game of that series.

Clifford also did us no favors by playing a hobbled Batum that had no business being on the court because he couldn’t even move.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
Eoghan
RealGM
And1: 3,293

Post#806 » by Eoghan » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:26 am

DY_nasty wrote:
catch20two wrote:
DY_nasty wrote:looking for great, short runs from guys leaves you with a list that's pretty massive dude... i mean hell, tristan thompson is a perfect example from the same sort of recent scenario

i'm not even talking about the money tbh

biyombo's highlight of his career wasn't a season or something - it was stretches of a dozen games at a time or something. i like biz, but he's probably looking horrible in practices too. its hard to write him into a gameplan

regarding willie, its funny because he's never been this bad defensively. this is an all time low for him :lol:

Biyombo played well that whole season. The Raptors' board was seriously divided over whether they should resign Biz and deal away Valanciunas. That was the best I'd ever seen Biz. Playing with DeRozan and Lowry chucking away was like perfect for him.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,664

Post#807 » by Diop » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:12 pm

Read on Twitter

Will he continue getting bugger all time? He looks awkward a lot of the time, but is affective
catch20two
RealGM

Post#808 » by catch20two » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:01 pm

Biz is our best C. Among our bigs he finishes at the rim amid traffic the best, rebounds the best, and protects the rim the best all the while not being too shabby at defending out to the perimeter when switched onto a smaller player.
DY_nasty
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Post#809 » by DY_nasty » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:13 pm

silas believed in him first
chabber
Veteran
And1: 826

Post#810 » by chabber » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:05 pm

Our C rotation should stay as Cody and Biz, as it should have from their beginnings.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 42,929

Post#811 » by JDR720 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:38 pm

Well if nothing else having Cody and Biz be the center rotation should help the defense. I like Willy, but he is worse than Al on defense. Just play him when he can score over smaller centers or when we need offense.

I would start Biz, he fits better with the starters IMO.
catch20two
RealGM

Post#812 » by catch20two » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:19 am

JDR720 wrote:I would start Biz, he fits better with the starters IMO.

This.
Eoghan
RealGM
And1: 3,293

Post#813 » by Eoghan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:05 am

JDR720 wrote:Well if nothing else having Cody and Biz be the center rotation should help the defense. I like Willy, but he is worse than Al on defense. Just play him when he can score over smaller centers or when we need offense.

I would start Biz, he fits better with the starters IMO.

I hate to say it but you're right. Willy might actually be worse than Al on defense. I hate we couldn't combined 2 of our 4 centers into one not sucky one but at least Biz isn't obviously the weakest link.
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,125

Post#814 » by Braggins » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:42 pm

I think Cody and Biz both fit well with the starting lineup in their own way. I kind of like starting Biz so you can maximize the amount of minutes he plays against the opposing teams big lineup, which tends to be their starters.

Start Biz and play him 15 minutes. Play Cody 25+ minutes off the bench and fill in the rest with Marv/MKG (or more Zeller/Biz).
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,561

Post#815 » by fatlever » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:20 pm

catch20two wrote:

This.
Check my post from the stats thread showing the net ratings of both Biz and Cody with the starters. Cody is a much better fit with Kemba due to his screening ability. I would look to maximize Cody and Kemba on the floor together as much as possible.

Sent from my SM-G920V using RealGM mobile app
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 42,929

Post#816 » by JDR720 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:41 pm

fatlever wrote:
catch20two wrote:

This.
Check my post from the stats thread showing the net ratings of both Biz and Cody with the starters. Cody is a much better fit with Kemba due to his screening ability. I would look to maximize Cody and Kemba on the floor together as much as possible.

Sent from my SM-G920V using RealGM mobile app

The problem is Biz's lack of offense would create a clogged toilet for the bench unit. Monk is our only good bench shooter.

Tony-Monk-Miles-MKG-Biz

doesn't work IMO. Too much defense, not enough offense. Now obviously Cody isn't great on offensive either, but he is at least a passable threat to shoot every once in a while and is better at screening and passing. Cody tends to get hurt a lot too, so playing him more against smaller bench centers should help him stay fit.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#817 » by BigSlam » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:30 pm

He's back!!

Bismack Biyombo Agrees To Re-Sign With Hornets

B B M F 'ers
euphorbus
Analyst
And1: 1,480

Post#818 » by euphorbus » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:21 pm

I was hoping never to have to watch him drop a pass again.
James Gatz
Veteran
And1: 693

Post#819 » by James Gatz » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:37 pm

I like Biz a lot as a dude. I'm totally fine with signing him to a minimum as a bench big.
tondi123
Starter
And1: 1,376

Post#820 » by tondi123 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:05 am

Biz is terrible to have on your roster for 17 million a year, but for a couple million a year he's worth keeping around.

Return to Charlotte Hornets