Post#1301 » by humanrefutation » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:05 pm

Read on Twitter
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,939

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1302 » by humanrefutation » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:17 pm

Tosa Mayor is saying that none of the injuries seem life threatening at this time.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1303 » by WRau1 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:24 pm

I saw reports that a lady holding her baby daughter was shot as well. WTF is wrong with people.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,951

Post#1304 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:06 pm

I asked to WFH last week, got it, and now I couldn't possibly be more bored. It was different over the summer when I was swamped with work, but I literally have nothing to do all day.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#1305 » by LUKE23 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:31 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I asked to WFH last week, got it, and now I couldn't possibly be more bored. It was different over the summer when I was swamped with work, but I literally have nothing to do all day.

I'm thankful it sounds like you are still getting paid (and I'm being serious, thankfully most people I know have not been financially impacted by this). My business has been shut down since mid March and these past eight months have been easily the worst of my life. The combination of work stress, isolation, and now winter coming in, it cannot be overstated how much of a reprieve sports and this kind of stuff are for me right now.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1306 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:49 pm

LUKE23 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:I asked to WFH last week, got it, and now I couldn't possibly be more bored. It was different over the summer when I was swamped with work, but I literally have nothing to do all day.

I'm thankful it sounds like you are still getting paid (and I'm being serious, thankfully most people I know have not been financially impacted by this). My business has been shut down since mid March and these past eight months have been easily the worst of my life. The combination of work stress, isolation, and now winter coming in, it cannot be overstated how much of a reprieve sports and this kind of stuff are for me right now.

I'm sorry, Luke. I can't imagine how you and those in your industry are handling this. I'm also sorry for being insensitive to people who have it worse than me, and I know from friends that there are many.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#1307 » by LUKE23 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:52 pm

I didn't take it personally at all, FYI. I'm just glad that most I know haven't been impacted financially. Everyone has their stresses throughout this time frame, whether it is domestic, financial, mental, physical, etc. I'm lucky my wife was able to get a position created for her to work from home part time while we wait to for our business to open. My brother and his wife are raising a one and three year old while both working from home, I can't image that ****. Again, different kind of stress, at least my kids are at ages they can do most things themselves.

The day this **** garbage is over I'm throwing the biggest goddam party in the history of the world.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,315

Post#1308 » by jute2003 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:53 pm

LUKE23 wrote:

The Event/wedding industry was definitely thrown a curve ball. For many, it has basically been a wasted year. 2021 is set up to be a bitch of a year as well for different reasons. Hopefully we can at least get to the point where we can operate even if it looks a little different through next season. I dont want to deal with juggling dates again.

I hope you and your partners are keeping your sanity.
only a fan, only an opinion
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#1309 » by LUKE23 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:57 pm

jute2003 wrote:The Event/wedding industry was definitely thrown a curve ball. For many, it has basically been a wasted year. 2021 is set up to be a bitch of a year as well for different reasons. Hopefully we can at least get to the point where we can operate even if it looks a little different through next season. I dont want to deal with juggling dates again.

Yeah, curveball would be putting it mildly but our industry is definitely one of the most restricted in the entire United States if you factor in Dane County's level of Covid fear and the fact that we are limited to strict numbers over percent capacity like many other businesses. We have really, really struggled. Lots of stress, lots of drinking for me. It's tapering down a bit now with us hitting our slower months, just hoping things are nearing normal by March (not holding my breath).
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,370

Post#1310 » by trwi7 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:59 pm

LUKE23 wrote:The day this **** garbage is over I'm throwing the biggest goddam party in the history of the world.

It's going to be tough to top Charlie Bell's imagined pizza party.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
jute2003
Lead Assistant

Post#1311 » by jute2003 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:06 pm

LUKE23 wrote:
jute2003 wrote:The Event/wedding industry was definitely thrown a curve ball. For many, it has basically been a wasted year. 2021 is set up to be a bitch of a year as well for different reasons. Hopefully we can at least get to the point where we can operate even if it looks a little different through next season. I dont want to deal with juggling dates again.

Yeah, curveball would be putting it mildly but our industry is definitely one of the most restricted in the entire United States if you factor in Dane County's level of Covid fear and the fact that we are limited to strict numbers over percent capacity like many other businesses. We have really, really struggled. Lots of stress, lots of drinking for me. It's tapering down a bit now with us hitting our slower months, just hoping things are nearing normal by March (not holding my breath).
We are lucky in that we work outside of dane County a fair amount. We still had half of our weddings though most were rescheduled at least once still. I will say...attending weddings has been stressful at best and borderline terrifying at worst this year. I'm not certain how bad covid would be for my wife if she were to contract it so that was always in the back of my mind.

This was supposed to be somewhat of a breakthrough year for us because so many of our bookings were close to home. Turns out...it was wrong year for that.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#1312 » by LUKE23 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:11 pm

jute2003 wrote:We are lucky in that we work outside of dane County a fair amount. We still had half of our weddings though most were rescheduled at least once still. I will say...attending weddings has been stressful at best and borderline terrifying at worst this year. I'm not certain how bad covid would be for my wife if she were to contract it so that was always in the back of my mind.

This was supposed to be somewhat of a breakthrough year for us because so many of our bookings were close to home. Turns out...it was wrong year for that.

Yeah, I completely agree with you on all of that.

2019 was the best year of my life, we were rolling at the business, planning to build a new house (we are in it now, that was another stress, getting approved for a mortgage while your business isn't running, fun times), kids were both in school and I was probably averaging 15 hours per week. I feel like 2020 has been more of a, "not so fast bitch, we aren't letting you off that easy" type of wake up call that life just isn't going to be that simple all the time.
jute2003
Lead Assistant

Post#1313 » by jute2003 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:15 pm

LUKE23 wrote:
jute2003 wrote:We are lucky in that we work outside of dane County a fair amount. We still had half of our weddings though most were rescheduled at least once still. I will say...attending weddings has been stressful at best and borderline terrifying at worst this year. I'm not certain how bad covid would be for my wife if she were to contract it so that was always in the back of my mind.

2019 was the best year of my life, we were rolling at the business, planning to build a new house (we are in it now, that was another stress, getting approved for a mortgage while your business isn't running, fun times), kids were both in school and I was probably averaging 15 hours per week. I feel like 2020 has been more of a, "not so fast bitch, we aren't letting you off that easy" type of wake up call that life just isn't going to be that simple all the time.
I tend to believe that we all need a wake up call like that everyonce in a while...just so we maintain focus, continue pushing to get better, and also so we understand that nothing is guaranteed. This years lesson is just a bit more harsh than necessary I'm afraid.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#1314 » by LUKE23 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:16 pm

jute2003 wrote:I tend to believe that we all need a wake up call like that everyonce in a while...just so we maintain focus, continue pushing to get better, and also so we understand that nothing is guaranteed. This years lesson is just a bit more harsh than necessary I'm afraid.

That is a good way to put it.
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#1315 » by HurricaneKid » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:28 pm

LUKE23 wrote:

FWIW, I was notified by a LARGE mtg vendor that all self employed mtg applications with a credit score of below 780 would be automatically denied moving forward. Which means if you had an 800 credit score and you wife had a 779 it would be declined.

So while things were bad, they could have been a LOT worse. I imagine you were out of pocket quite a but on the build. That would have been a disaster.

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
Erifee
Senior
And1: 305

Post#1316 » by Erifee » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:45 pm

I think the uneven nature of this depression depending on your sector and how you were situated pre-covid (housing equity has gone UP, jfc) unfortunately masks much the immense pain out there.

The food lines are the visible tip of the iceberg. In big picture, 50 years from now historical terms, we'll record this time as a shameful abdication of responsibility to protect members of our own society. Hope things turn around for you guys sooner rather than later.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:His Suns about 5 or 6 years ago came close to getting to the Finals who got ripped off in that one playoff series when he was thrown across a table by Robert Horry who you might also consider an excellent core piece.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#1317 » by jschligs » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:18 am

My wife and I had our first child last week, holy hell what w whirlwind the last week has been. Her name is Scout and she’s an perfect princess. I’m tired, stressed, anxious, excited, but happy. Nothing can ever prepare you for your first child haha, I read every book out there.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,651

Post#1318 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:25 am

jschligs wrote:My wife and I had our first child last week, holy hell what w whirlwind the last week has been. Her name is Scout and she’s an perfect princess. I’m tired, stressed, anxious, excited, but happy. Nothing can ever prepare you for your first child haha, I read every book out there.

Congrats man! I don't have, nor do I want, children, but to my best understanding you have a heck of a next 18 years ahead of you. Godspeed :D
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,620

Post#1319 » by Gianstoppable » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:41 am

jschligs wrote:My wife and I had our first child last week, holy hell what w whirlwind the last week has been. Her name is Scout and she’s an perfect princess. I’m tired, stressed, anxious, excited, but happy. Nothing can ever prepare you for your first child haha, I read every book out there.

Congrats! I have a 2 and 4 year old and remember the craziness of the first week or so. Good news, it gets better (as long as she isnt too fussy at night and once they are in that 2/3 range they go through the typical swings) honestly my only advice is get them on a sleeping schedule soon. Obviously the first month or so is tough with that at times but we got them in a routine and they slept through the night since they were 1 month old. After the first few weeks and after seeing weight gain we just let them wake us up when they were hungry at night. Both girls are still going to sleep every night around the same time (besides summer) and man did that make it easier.
#FreeChuckDiesel
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1320 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:00 am

Crongrats!!! Scout is such a great name!

Return to Milwaukee Bucks