Bol Bol

Moderator: THE J0KER

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Re: Bol Bol 

Post#201 » by The Rebel » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:43 am

skywalker33 wrote:Given the fact that Malone got to take a closer look at him in the Bubble, I think he will get a look, especially with a training camp, albeit an abbreviated one. He's got some intriguing talent that Malone has seen so I'd bet he gets some play, especially after getting a nice raise.

Agreed they will find a place to play him especially since Connelly has repeatedly said that Bol has earned a spot in the rotation with his play in the bubble.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#202 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:23 pm

The Rebel wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Given the fact that Malone got to take a closer look at him in the Bubble, I think he will get a look, especially with a training camp, albeit an abbreviated one. He's got some intriguing talent that Malone has seen so I'd bet he gets some play, especially after getting a nice raise.

Agreed they will find a place to play him especially since Connelly has repeatedly said that Bol has earned a spot in the rotation with his play in the bubble.

But will Connelly force Malone to agree?
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Post#203 » by skywalker33 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:07 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

Not sure why you think Malone will be so reluctant, he played him in the bubble. Now he has TWO new rookies not to play
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#204 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:58 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
The Rebel wrote:Agreed they will find a place to play him especially since Connelly has repeatedly said that Bol has earned a spot in the rotation with his play in the bubble.

Not sure why you think Malone will be so reluctant, he played him in the bubble. Now he has TWO new rookies not to play

He was sorta' forced to play him in the bubble initially. As players came back and especially in the playoffs, Bol didn't get much PT.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#205 » by The Rebel » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:26 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:But will Connelly force Malone to agree?

He was sorta' forced to play him in the bubble initially. As players came back and especially in the playoffs, Bol didn't get much PT.

No coach in their right mind would play a rookie in the playoffs when his only game experience was playing in basically meaningless warmup games.

We have almost our entire team full of young guys, most of whom Malone developed. I would say he has done pretty well with that part of coaching.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,773

Post#206 » by TunaFish » Fri Dec 4, 2020 8:50 pm

Canned in Denver.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,773

Post#207 » by TunaFish » Mon Dec 7, 2020 10:09 pm

Canned in Denver.
FilNugsFan
Sophomore
And1: 255

Post#208 » by FilNugsFan » Mon Dec 7, 2020 10:28 pm

TunaFish wrote:https://www.facebook.com/98534743609/posts/10158753185548610/

That jumpshot is virtually unblockable. Haha

Man, I would love to see Bol start someday. I hope he gets rotation minutes this season.
FilNugsFan
Sophomore

Post#209 » by FilNugsFan » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:30 pm

Didn't like the look on Bol's face. He probably felt that he should've been inserted ahead and gotten more playing time than Nnaji and Cancar. He deserves more minutes though.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#210 » by The Rebel » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:59 pm

FilNugsFan wrote:Didn't like the look on Bol's face. He probably felt that he should've been inserted ahead and gotten more playing time than Nnaji and Cancar. He deserves more minutes though.

I am not so worried about the look on his face, but the hesitation and seeming lack of effort was very concerning. I would say that he did nothing to show he deserves more minutes when he got on the court last night.
Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,883

Post#211 » by Richard Miller » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:36 am

The question is, was he in the dumps because he didn't get more minutes or he didn't get more minutes because he was in the dumps in the first place?

Tbh, after that display I get now why he fell like a stone in the draft, he barely looked like a pro basketball player. Fingers crossed he returns to his bubble form at least.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#212 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:14 pm

He has overcome a lot and I doubt he would be too discouraged by a lack of playing time. I believe he'd just see that as a challenge. I wonder if he wasn't feeling poorly or perhaps had a minor injury. He certainly didn't look active and involved.
FilNugsFan
Sophomore

Post#213 » by FilNugsFan » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:21 am

Finally, we've seen the lighter side of Bol. His postgame interview vs the Blazers was funny.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,512

Post#214 » by THE J0KER » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:44 pm

FilNugsFan wrote:Finally, we've seen the lighter side of Bol. His postgame interview vs the Blazers was funny.

And we know what makes Bol Bol so happy while his body language during the first two preseason games was so sad.

In games #1 and #2, he comes to play in the late 4th quarter playing just about 5 minutes both times as a member of garbage-time 3rd unit. But yesterday, right from nowhere, Bol was the Nuggets player with the highest playing time out of all 15 who played!
skywalker33

Post#215 » by skywalker33 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:56 pm

Know they are both in the reserve squad, but has anyone else noticed the growing chemistry between Facu and Bol ??

skywalker33

Post#216 » by skywalker33 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:29 am

JaMychel Greene out tonight for the opener vs. Kings, looking for good PT for Bol tonight but we'll see. Depends a lot on Malone but he'd be a good mismatch to see tonight.

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,512

Post#217 » by THE J0KER » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:42 pm

If there is no minutes for Bol when Green is out, it means he is not part of the current Malone agenda, so we should deal with it instead of losing nerves or energy.

Back in time, I remember when starting PF Millsap was hard injured, starting SF Chandler was awful that season and Jokic and Plumlee as a duo doesn't work together because both are much better in the center role. But even in such circumstances Juancho and Faried were almost totally ignored. Let's hope Bol is in such a position because of his youth not because he is not a part of Malone's vision of team future like in Juancho/Faried cases since some point.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#218 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:54 pm

Malone does tend to like small-ball and Bol doesn't fit there. :lol:
Perhaps Bol had a minor injury - but perhaps Malone didn't like the matchup because Sacramento's bigs are all fairly active and more mobile. It's going to take time for Bol to learn how to play in the NBA. Then again, this would have been a good opportunity for him to get at least 10 minutes. :sigh:
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,157

Post#219 » by Mickey8 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:51 pm

Bol Bol tooth pick legs are not build for the NBA , I just can't picture him being successful in the NBA, to me he's just the attraction because of the height and because he can do some things from time to time, hitting threes , execute a nice pass , I don't see at what position on the floor he can play successfully with continuity , he look clueless on the floor in the organized set up.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#220 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:38 pm

Mickey8 wrote:Bol Bol tooth pick legs are not build for the NBA , I just can't picture him being successful in the NBA, to me he's just the attraction because of the height and because he can do some things from time to time, hitting threes , execute a nice pass , I don't see at what position on the floor he can play successfully with continuity , he look clueless on the floor in the organized set up.

I'm not convinced he can be a 30 mpg starter, but if he can become an effective 20 mpg bench player; I'd be happy. {What's effective? 20 minutes with 10 pts and 5 rebounds and 1 block but most important would be learning to be effective on defense. He looks like his best defense is playing a zone in the paint, and that won't do it.}

Return to Denver Nuggets