ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

TBri1974
Pro Prospect
And1: 385

Official Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread 

Post#1 » by TBri1974 » Mon Dec 7, 2020 10:23 am

Here is a start:

Mitch Robinson and Knox for Graham and Bridges from Charlotte.

Mitch Robinson, Knox, Frank and Randle for Hield, Halliburton and a 2nd round pick.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Re: In Season Knicks Trade Thread 

Post#2 » by Knicksfan20 » Mon Dec 7, 2020 11:21 am

Id like to see what Thibs can get out of these draft picks of ours. Their trade value is in the bucket so no need to trade them right now. I think the trades you proposed would be rejected by the opposing teams as of right now.
blanko
Starter
And1: 1,143

Post#3 » by blanko » Mon Dec 7, 2020 2:55 pm

Trade for heart, he is the odd man out and wont cost much.

Sent from my SM-N986N using Tapatalk
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,995

Post#4 » by Nazrmohamed » Mon Dec 7, 2020 2:55 pm

I think you'd get rejected for Randle Knox Frank for Hield and Haliburton cause teams tend to not value already drafted players in the developmental phase but hope sells. So instead of Knox just keep it simple. Make it Dallas 1st.

KP is injured. We may even come to regret it. But that's the gamble you take. I think Haliburton should've been our draft pick. I like the idea of having him to be greater than the opportunity to draft a player regardless of strength of draft class next yr. So thats why I do it. I think Sacramento does it because Haliburton fell into thier laps. They are fine with DeAaron Fox but you're not gonna pass on a PG who was scouted in the top 10 when you're picking at 12 so they did it. Maybe they WOULD value a pick which may end up itself in the low teens in a draft stronger than last yrs. In the meantime Frank can backup or compliment Fox and be happy in that role. And as for the original reason they were open to any trade, Hield is unfair there and Julius has a way more cap friendly deal and he can actually produce. We may not like how but the raw production is there to be coached up.

I'm not trading Much under any circumstances. To me he's our least worthy of being traded.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Post#5 » by robillionaire » Mon Dec 7, 2020 4:01 pm

Nazrmohamed wrote:I think you'd get rejected for Randle Knox Frank for Hield and Haliburton cause teams tend to not value already drafted players in the developmental phase but hope sells. So instead of Knox just keep it simple. Make it Dallas 1st.

KP is injured. We may even come to regret it. But that's the gamble you take. I think Haliburton should've been our draft pick. I like the idea of having him to be greater than the opportunity to draft a player regardless of strength of draft class next yr. So thats why I do it. I think Sacramento does it because Haliburton fell into thier laps. They are fine with DeAaron Fox but you're not gonna pass on a PG who was scouted in the top 10 when you're picking at 12 so they did it. Maybe they WOULD value a pick which may end up itself in the low teens in a draft stronger than last yrs. In the meantime Frank can backup or compliment Fox and be happy in that role. And as for the original reason they were open to any trade, Hield is unfair there and Julius has a way more cap friendly deal and he can actually produce. We may not like how but the raw production is there to be coached up.

I'm not trading Much under any circumstances. To me he's our least worthy of being traded.

I'm glad we didn't take haliburton. we will have a chance to draft a much better player at that position this summer
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,995

Post#6 » by Nazrmohamed » Mon Dec 7, 2020 5:40 pm

robillionaire wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:I think you'd get rejected for Randle Knox Frank for Hield and Haliburton cause teams tend to not value already drafted players in the developmental phase but hope sells. So instead of Knox just keep it simple. Make it Dallas 1st.

I'm glad we didn't take haliburton. we will have a chance to draft a much better player at that position this summer

Unless it's Suggs its not gonna be a better point guard. Maybe a better scoring guard but point guard nope. That position has 2 potential point guards who Id consider over him and one isnt really a point guard. In fact if I drafted Haliburton, I'd still draft Cade and play them both in the same backcourt.

In fact with this trade idea I hope that happens.

Haliburton
Cunningham
RJ
Toppin
Mitch

Id feel good about this.
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#7 » by robillionaire » Mon Dec 7, 2020 6:52 pm

Nazrmohamed wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

Unless it's Suggs its not gonna be a better point guard. Maybe a better scoring guard but point guard nope. That position has 2 potential point guards who Id consider over him and one isnt really a point guard. In fact if I drafted Haliburton, I'd still draft Cade and play them both in the same backcourt.

Haliburton
Cunningham
RJ
Toppin
Mitch

Id feel good about this.

haliburton doesn't even seem to be a point guard, he'll probably play off ball in sacramento. he won't ever start over deaaron fox. if we drafted him he'd be playing SG and Cunningham would be the guy bringing the ball up
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,033

Post#8 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Mon Dec 7, 2020 6:58 pm

Nazrmohamed wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

Haliburton
Cunningham
RJ
Toppin
Mitch

Id feel good about this.

The Kings aren't trading Haliburton, they are going to play Fox and him together, there's just no incentive to trade a player they just drafted that they like a lot. Also, they have Marvin Bagley so they have just as much use for Randle as we do.
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#9 » by robillionaire » Mon Dec 7, 2020 7:05 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

Haliburton
Cunningham
RJ
Toppin
Mitch

Id feel good about this.

The Kings aren't trading Haliburton, they are going to play Fox and him together, there's just no incentive to trade a player they just drafted that they like a lot. Also, they have Marvin Bagley so they have just as much use for Randle as we do.

do they even value marvin bagley at all?
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#10 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Mon Dec 7, 2020 7:30 pm

robillionaire wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:

Haliburton
Cunningham
RJ
Toppin
Mitch

Id feel good about this.

They just picked up the option on his 4th year.
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#11 » by robillionaire » Mon Dec 7, 2020 7:32 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

well that's not saying much, really. we did the same with frank and dsj, doesn't necessarily mean they wouldn't trade them for a bag of chips
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#12 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Mon Dec 7, 2020 7:42 pm

robillionaire wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

well that's not saying much, really. we did the same with frank and dsj, doesn't necessarily mean they wouldn't trade them for a bag of chips

They aren't trading him until they have an idea of what he can do, he's averaged 15ppg in his 2 seasons without ever starting. Why would any team trade Haliburton for Randle when they have a 21 year old who plays the same position, that has never really gotten a chance to play.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,040

Re: Official Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread 

Post#13 » by sol537 » Mon Dec 7, 2020 7:46 pm

Monitor the Harden situation closely...
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#14 » by robillionaire » Mon Dec 7, 2020 7:46 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

They aren't trading him until they have an idea of what he can do, he's averaged 15ppg in his 2 seasons without ever starting. Why would any team trade Haliburton for Randle when they have a 21 year old who plays the same position, that has never really gotten a chance to play.

they wouldn't trade haliburton for randle that wasn't my idea, I wouldn't even want to do that, I'm just talking about Bagley and how much value he has. look at how we value our unproven 21 year olds
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#15 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Mon Dec 7, 2020 7:55 pm

robillionaire wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

they wouldn't trade haliburton for randle that wasn't my idea, I wouldn't even want to do that, I'm just talking about Bagley and how much value he has. look at how we value our unproven 21 year olds

Bagley isn't really unproven so much as he can't stay healthy, his numbers when he's actually on the court are honestly great, 15/8 in 25mpg. He's a 20/10 guy if he can just stay on the floor and be healthy, that's a little different from our guys.
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#16 » by DowNY » Mon Dec 7, 2020 8:11 pm

Frank & Randle to Utah for Conley

Frank is close with Donovan & Gobert. Can play on- all or off ball with Mitchell. Randle gives them another scorer for a playoff run.
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#17 » by DowNY » Mon Dec 7, 2020 8:13 pm

If you wanna get rid of Randle

Knicks receive: TPE
Mavs receive: Buddy Hield
Kings receive: Tim Hardaway Jr & Julius Randle (both in their last year of deal)
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#18 » by Knicksfan20 » Tue Dec 8, 2020 1:02 am

DowNY wrote:If you wanna get rid of Randle

Knicks receive: TPE
Mavs receive: Buddy Hield
Kings receive: Tim Hardaway Jr & Julius Randle (both in their last year of deal)

We should avoid helping the Mavs at all costs.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#19 » by br7knicks » Tue Dec 8, 2020 1:05 am

Nazrmohamed wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

Haliburton
Cunningham
RJ
Toppin
Mitch

Id feel good about this.

Yup. Knicks need a PG like haliburton. Was pissed when Knicks went toppin over haliburton, but I'm hoping he makes me eat crow.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
blanko
Starter
And1: 1,143

Post#20 » by blanko » Tue Dec 8, 2020 6:21 am

br7knicks wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

Haliburton
Cunningham
RJ
Toppin
Mitch

Id feel good about this.

Yup. Knicks need a PG like haliburton. Was pissed when Knicks went toppin over haliburton, but I'm hoping he makes me eat crow.
Who do you see Haliburton as a comp with?

Sent from my SM-N986N using Tapatalk

Return to New York Knicks