Knicks Waive Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Knicks Waive Michael Kidd-Gilchrist 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:53 am

The New York Knicks are waiving Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, sources told Shams Charania of The Athletic.

The Knicks now have 15 players on their roster, with two two-way players.

Via Shams Charania/The Athletic

kenwood3333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,188

Re: Knicks Waive Michael Kidd-Gilchrist 

Post#2 » by kenwood3333 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:42 am

27 year old former #2 pick, here is his scouting report

"he doesn’t have the typical upside of a top 2-5 pick, he poses zero risk when you consider his intangibles and physical tools … Instead of saying he has a low ceiling, it’s more appropriate to say he has a high basement … There’s not a team in the league that doesn’t have a need for what MKG brings to the table … He’s a two-way player that can contribute in a number of a different ways, and while he’s not going to compete for any scoring titles, his strengths can inspire teammates and energize a fan base"
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,215

Post#3 » by amcoolio » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:25 am

kenwood3333 wrote:27 year old former #2 pick, here is his scouting report

"he doesn’t have the typical upside of a top 2-5 pick, he poses zero risk when you consider his intangibles and physical tools … Instead of saying he has a low ceiling, it’s more appropriate to say he has a high basement … There’s not a team in the league that doesn’t have a need for what MKG brings to the table … He’s a two-way player that can contribute in a number of a different ways, and while he’s not going to compete for any scoring titles, his strengths can inspire teammates and energize a fan base"

That was before several serious injuries including a head injury where he never played the same away again

He was fearless and actually helped the Bobcats win games when he was on the floor before his string of bad luck
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#4 » by br7knicks » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:32 am

Knicks need defense at the PF. MKG can guard those hybrid 4s. Dsjr should've been waived before MKG
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
objectivefan
Junior
And1: 66

Post#5 » by objectivefan » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:34 pm

amcoolio wrote:

That was before several serious injuries including a head injury where he never played the same away again

He was fearless and actually helped the Bobcats win games when he was on the floor before his string of bad luck

Take a look at the 2012 draft class and if you don't consider him a miss at #2 then I don't know what to say. I know that hindsight is 2020 misses like that keeps a franchise down for years.

But with that said, other than Davis, Beal, and Lillard the draft class is horrible

https://www.basketball-reference.com/draft/NBA_2012.html

LOL..take a look at Fab Melo and Royce White.
Theo Ratliff
Pro Prospect
And1: 718

Post#6 » by Theo Ratliff » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:02 pm

Another bust drafted by Michael Jordan. I remember everyone kept defending this bum and said he would eventually develop a shot lol.
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,215

Post#7 » by amcoolio » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:55 pm

objectivefan wrote:
amcoolio wrote:

Take a look at the 2012 draft class and if you don't consider him a miss at #2 then I don't know what to say. I know that hindsight is 2020 misses like that keeps a franchise down for years.

But with that said, other than Davis, Beal, and Lillard the draft class is horrible

Did I say anything about his draft position at all? Reread my post.

MKG was very good before the injuries hit and that scouting report is accurate.

I don't get why so many posters on RealGM like to act like they are revisionist history champions
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 514

Post#8 » by TheCage4 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:39 am

objectivefan wrote:
amcoolio wrote:

I can’t speak for Fab Melo, but I remember getting behind Royce White due to his struggles with anxiety.

Unfortunately, he could not get a hold on it while developing as a player. It would of been an inspiration to all of us with anxiety if he was able to champion his condition while playing at a high level.

I hope he’s found some level of peace in life.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
njknicks
Pro Prospect
And1: 112

Post#9 » by njknicks » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:09 am

MKG issues = injuries/inability to score from the outside ( horrendous fg% all around )

Incredible how his agent managed to fleece the hornets for a long-term contract extension.

MKG should take a page out of Justice Winslow's playbook -- focus on other areas of the game (i.e. passing, rebounding, etc.) to stay in the league.
Theo Ratliff
Pro Prospect
And1: 718

Post#10 » by Theo Ratliff » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:32 am

TheCage4 wrote:
objectivefan wrote:
amcoolio wrote:

I can’t speak for Fab Melo, but I remember getting behind Royce White due to his struggles with anxiety.

Unfortunately, he could not get a hold on it while developing as a player. It would of been an inspiration to all of us with anxiety if he was able to champion his condition while playing at a high level.

I hope he’s found some level of peace in life.

Royce White was annoying and knew damn well he had anxiety issues but waited until the very last second before requesting special treatment. I'm glad that he never played again.
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#11 » by MitchB3 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:37 am

I have the Lakers looking to sign him if one of their players go down.

Return to Wiretap Discussion