ImageImageImage

Official Miami Heat Pre-Season GT - Maxing Bam while Still Getting Giannis: Saving Tips from IggieCC

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Re: Official Miami Heat Pre-Season GT - Maxing Bam while Still Getting Giannis: Saving Tips from IggieCC 

Post#1841 » by IggieCC » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:44 am

burn in hell griddy Rockets
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Re: Official Miami Heat Pre-Season GT - Maxing Bam while Still Getting Giannis: Saving Tips from IggieCC 

Post#1842 » by IggieCC » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:52 am

RexBoyWonder wrote:
Read on Twitter

Rockets got griddy

Sgt P
Sixth Man
And1: 2,551

Post#1843 » by Sgt P » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:35 am

Wiltside wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:Such a beautifully centipeded dad bod

Beard, Luka, and Zion doing it for the plus-sized models outchea

As a 33yr old man who has embraced/succumbed to the Dad bod, I’m all for this Bish.

Someone do it for us tubby bois

Yeah...
For the boys.
" Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude." said C.P.
Sgt P
Sixth Man
And1: 2,551

Post#1844 » by Sgt P » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:53 am

AirP. wrote:I wonder what Butler thinks about his 4th team where he may be the top guy yet the organization prioritizes the youth over him, Chicago rebuilt instead of building around him, Minnesota's owner prioritized Wiggins and Towns over him, Philly prioritized Simmons and Embiid over him and now, instead of adding another top 10 player Miami wants to wait on the young guys while wasting Butler's prime... even after he showed what he did in the finals. It's got to get old at some point, even if he likes the environment.

Why so negative?

" Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude." said C.P.
HeatingUp3
Veteran
And1: 4,896

Post#1845 » by HeatingUp3 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:58 am

I wouldn't pay Collins his big pay day unless he becomes a star in this season. He won't puts us over the top. We need a whale. Whales wins u championship.
dean456
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,252

Post#1846 » by dean456 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:26 am

IggieCC wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:
Read on Twitter

Rockets got griddy

My guess is it was this but Nunn instead of Bam, plus 2FRPs and 2 Pick swaps. If thats the case then Houston never wanted to trade Harden.
dean456
Assistant Coach

Post#1847 » by dean456 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:08 am

If you look at the latest guys who have requested to be traded and the cost of those guys.

Anthony Davis - Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, Josh Hart and 3FRPs and 2 pick swaps.

Paul George - Shai Gilgeous Alexander, Danilo Gallinari, 5FRPs and 2 pick swaps.

I'll even throw Jrue Holiday in there - Eric Bledsoe, George Hill 3FRPs and 2 pick swaps.

LAL were desperate, they had Lebron with one year left on his deal and didn't even make the playoffs the season before with Lebron's window of playing at the highest level closing. Not to mention AD was 25yo, there were no questions of whether he'd be a good fit or whether you could win pairing him with Lebron.

LAC were the biggest over pay of this group imo. Paul George was 28yo coming off a career year averaging 28ppg, 8.2rpg, 4.1apg and 2.2spg. The LAL just paired Lebron with AD and the Clippers were potentially facing Kawhi also joining LAL. The Clippers were on the hunt for a second star to pair with Kawhi in LA but failed to find one in the free agent market so to get Kawhi to sign with them, it was likely only going to happen if they made that trade. Which is why OKC got away with murder in that trade.

Bucks were facing losing their franchise guy in Giannis if they didn't make a considerable move this offseason. They had to make a trade to get Giannis to sign on the dotted line and they likely know the value of their next 5 picks are relatively low if they have Giannis signed through the next 5yrs. If they can get Jrue to re sign then it doesn't look so bad. But in the end it was a desperation trade they needed to make.

For the Rockets to be asking for Herro, Robinson, Nunn, Precious, KZ, Iggy, Olynyk, 2FRPs and 2 pick swaps I think that is being unreasonable, considering out of all 4 of those disgruntled players Harden is the oldest, most problematic and I'd say the most disgruntled.

This is without mentioning that the Heat are no where near as desperate as all those teams were. We just made the finals, we have a ton of room for growth with our young guys, we only lost DJJr, Crowder and Solomon Hill from last years squad and added KZ, Precious, Bradley, Harkless and Strus who could all be solid contributors for us. Plus we still have a ton of flexibility to make the right trades at the deadline or the start of next season to put us over the top.
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#1848 » by 3ballbomber » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:11 am

12hrs ago
Read on Twitter

4hrs ago
Read on Twitter

It seems, a day prior to start of NBA season, we made one last push for Harden. Riles stayed firm w/ his offer, Houston wouldn't budge w/their request so we bounced to focus on the season over being preoccupied w/ tubby.
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,753

Post#1849 » by Chalm Down » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:19 am

IggieCC wrote:
jdawg2593 wrote:
IggieCC wrote:good idea but this thread is almost done with. a regular szn thread is up by Beard OP we'll migrate soon

Oh. I'm still new here. I don't know how yall run things around here.

welcome to the Heat board. most stickied threads such as off-szn thread, regular szn thread, Around the NBA, Random thoughts, draft threads and so on go up to about 100 pages then someone can create a new thread. And we will start game threads once the season starts on 25th? there are some rules that you must follow and please check out the Board Rule thread for details.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1006839

basically you observe the poster called Chalm Down and make sure you don't become like Chalm Down and you're in a good place :)

Spoiler:
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
dean456
Assistant Coach

Post#1850 » by dean456 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:26 am

3ballbomber wrote:12hrs ago
Read on Twitter

4hrs ago
Read on Twitter

It seems, a day prior to start of NBA season, we made one last push for Harden. Riles stayed firm w/ his offer, Houston wouldn't budge w/their request so we bounced to focus on the season over being preoccupied w/ tubby.

Looks that way. I'm glad we didn't budge, As much as some guys might think our options are drying up, we still have plenty of options to improve and still have the potential to improve in house as well.

Say we budge on a trade now and give up Herro, Robinson, KZ and Precious at the minimum and say KZ has a break out year and Precious is a 12ppg/11rpg player in limited minutes off the bench and shows signs of a young Bam like guy their trade stock rises considerably compared to the unknowns they currently are. This deal could look considerably different at the deadline because of it.
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#1851 » by 3ballbomber » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:45 am

dean456 wrote:
3ballbomber wrote:
Spoiler:
12hrs ago
Read on Twitter

4hrs ago
Read on Twitter

Looks that way. I'm glad we didn't budge, As much as some guys might think our options are drying up, we still have plenty of options to improve and still have the potential to improve in house as well.

Say we budge on a trade now and give up Herro, Robinson, KZ and Precious at the minimum and say KZ has a break out year and Precious is a 12ppg/11rpg player in limited minutes off the bench and shows signs of a young Bam like guy their trade stock rises considerably compared to the unknowns they currently are. This deal could look considerably different at the deadline because of it.

We've shown restraint which goes w/ what you stated earlier about us not being in a situation of being desperate. If we were, the deal may have already been done. It's a take it or leave it situation. No skin off our teeth. Where as Houston will have to put up w/ a disgruntled, hungry, horny 36yo player.
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,961

Post#1852 » by dshearn » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:51 am

AirP. wrote:I wonder what Butler thinks about his 4th team where he may be the top guy yet the organization prioritizes the youth over him, Chicago rebuilt instead of building around him, Minnesota's owner prioritized Wiggins and Towns over him, Philly prioritized Simmons and Embiid over him and now, instead of adding another top 10 player Miami wants to wait on the young guys while wasting Butler's prime... even after he showed what he did in the finals. It's got to get old at some point, even if he likes the environment.

The plan has ALWAYS been 2021 FA. Butler knows that.

I am sure getting to his first Finals, he knows the base is solid. I would suspect he thinks they need to add to the base, not knock the building down to add a ball dominate scoring guard who does not play defense. We are not talking prime Lebron here.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,666

Post#1853 » by Kobewade11 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:11 am

:lol:
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,472

Post#1854 » by Bishop45 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:52 am

Frank Jackson released, feels like it's raining dom-like players
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,158

Post#1855 » by SA37 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:31 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
SA37 wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:Would Atlanta match a max for Collins? Not saying we should offer it but can they afford not to?

I assume they would. Probably the issue at this point is he thinks he is worth a max deal and Atlanta wants to pay him slightly less. It wouldn't seem to make any sense to bring in Rondo, Bogdanovic, and Gallinari and then turn around and let Collins walk because of what is likely $20M or so difference.

If they really have a strict budget, it would be better for them to trade him. There'd be plenty of suitors out there.

I think they'd hurt themselves long term not to pay him, but the Hawks aren't a profitable team. I read somewhere that they were one of the teams that lost money last year. Tough to max a guy who isn't a top player in the game, but you can't afford to lose him.

I agree, especially since he seems to want to be there and gets along with Trae Young.

I really like Collins as a player. I'd be thrilled if Miami could trade for him. To me he is very comparable to Kevin Love, Blake Griffin (minus the insane atheticism) or Kristaps Porzingis (minus the D); he is what Michael Beasley could have been had he been more focused and discliplined (although Beasley is a better offensive player). The main concern is Collins's defense, which is below average at this point, but he is still young and defense is mainly about commitment and effort. Giving him 25% of the cap (I think this is his max) means 4-years, ~$120M or 5-years, ~$155M (on par with what Love and Porzingis are being paid and less than Griffin; it's also would be more than Gallinari, Davis Bertans, or Aaron Gordon are making -- guys Collins is already better than) for a guy who is 23, has put up 20 and 10 the last two years and shot 58 fg% 40 3pt% and 80 ft% last year.

A max salary seems fair given other salaries in the league.
fsuizzy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,645

Post#1856 » by fsuizzy » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:33 pm

You have to remember although the 2021 free agency class is pretty much a bust. Big names want to move every year. While I feel Harden would have helped us win at least one more game in the Finals verse the Lakers and possibly beat them last year. I feel by removing our core of players from our team we won’t even make the Finals this year. Basically I am saying Harden isn’t the answer if that means losing 6-7 players. If it was 3-4 players sure Harden would be a great fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"JIMMY BUCKETS"
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1857 » by IggieCC » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:07 pm

2021 FA class has officially been re-classified as a bust
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,983

Post#1858 » by eddieheatfan » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:15 pm

IggieCC wrote:burn in hell griddy Rockets
agreed they wanted too much for too little, screw them
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,949

Post#1859 » by DayofMourning » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:39 pm

Bishop45 wrote:Frank Jackson released, feels like it's raining dom-like players

Oh man. Grab an umbrella...or a bucket
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,949

Post#1860 » by DayofMourning » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:40 pm

IggieCC wrote:2021 FA class has officially been re-classified as a bust

Who do you think we will add Iggs?

Collins or Kawhi seem like nice guys.

Return to Miami Heat