ImageImageImage

Official Miami Heat Pre-Season GT - Maxing Bam while Still Getting Giannis: Saving Tips from IggieCC

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,634

Re: Official Miami Heat Pre-Season GT - Maxing Bam while Still Getting Giannis: Saving Tips from IggieCC 

Post#1861 » by MettaWorldPanda » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:46 pm

Are the Harden’s still on sale at Miami Heat store?
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Re: Official Miami Heat Pre-Season GT - Maxing Bam while Still Getting Giannis: Saving Tips from IggieCC 

Post#1862 » by HIF » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:57 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:Are the Harden’s still on sale at Miami Heat store?

They've all gone soft.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,432

Post#1863 » by RexBoyWonder » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:00 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
IggieCC wrote:2021 FA class has officially been re-classified as a bust

Who do you think we will add Iggs?

Collins or Kawhi seem like nice guys.

You already know Oladipo is dying to get here..

Then there's a small chance Kawhi or Jure Holiday want to change teams..

Then you have John Collins who is restricted but hawks have a lot of bigs and a lot of salaries to pay..might be deadly next to Bam.

Lowery will be old but he still looks good..

And who knows who might be on the trade block in a year..Beal/Booker/Towes..?
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,737

Post#1864 » by DayofMourning » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:04 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
IggieCC wrote:2021 FA class has officially been re-classified as a bust

Who do you think we will add Iggs?

Collins or Kawhi seem like nice guys.

You already know Oladipo is dying to get here..

Then there's a small chance Kawhi or Jure Holiday want to change teams..

Then you have John Collins who is restricted but hawks have a lot of bigs and a lot of salaries to pay..might be deadly next to Bam.

Lowery will be old but he still looks good..

And who knows who might be on the trade block in a year..Beal/Booker/Towes..?

Watch Dipo have a strong year and get a nice contract from Indy after betting on himself.

Tbh, I find Collins the most interesting. We go from having zero big help for Bam to being deep. Collins did shoot 40% from long range last year. Went to the Hawks board and they don't think he's worth the max. Will be interesting to see if another team does.
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#1865 » by 3ballbomber » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:15 pm

He musta been hangry

Read on Twitter
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
Jinsaryko
Sixth Man
And1: 1,659

Post#1867 » by Jinsaryko » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:24 pm

Rockets wanted to deal with that mess being all greedy, good luck to them. I bet every team trading with them will just wait 'em out now with Harden acting like this.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,731

Post#1868 » by AirP. » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:28 pm

dshearn wrote:
AirP. wrote:I wonder what Butler thinks about his 4th team where he may be the top guy yet the organization prioritizes the youth over him, Chicago rebuilt instead of building around him, Minnesota's owner prioritized Wiggins and Towns over him, Philly prioritized Simmons and Embiid over him and now, instead of adding another top 10 player Miami wants to wait on the young guys while wasting Butler's prime... even after he showed what he did in the finals. It's got to get old at some point, even if he likes the environment.

The plan has ALWAYS been 2021 FA. Butler knows that.

I am sure getting to his first Finals, he knows the base is solid. I would suspect he thinks they need to add to the base, not knock the building down to add a ball dominate scoring guard who does not play defense. We are not talking prime Lebron here.

2021 isn't the plan anymore, not like it was, most of the big names are gone. If Butler really wanted to play with Kawhi(if this is where this is heading since all the other big names are GONE) he could have signed as a FA with LA and they wouldn't have had to empty the roster to acquire a 2nd star(George).
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,658

Post#1869 » by Kobewade11 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:37 pm

AirP. wrote:2021 isn't the plan anymore, not like it was, most of the big names are gone. If Butler really wanted to play with Kawhi(if this is where this is heading since all the other big names are GONE) he could have signed as a FA with LA and they wouldn't have had to empty the roster to acquire a 2nd star(George).

You see what emptying their roster got them yet thats the same thing you wanted us to do with Houston :crazy: if Jimmy wanted to trade Nunn, Herro, Duncan, Precious and KZ for Harden the deal would’ve been done. He’s happy here, and he’s happy with this group. Stop trying to create a narrative that somehow the organization is valuing youth over winning. And you know the drill, dont quote me with an essay.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,217

Post#1870 » by twix2500 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:44 pm

3ballbomber wrote:He musta been hangry

Read on Twitter
I wish this was a real confrontation, Tate hits Harden in the face with the basketball and gets cut so Miami can sign him. I would cut Harkless and sign Tate in a second
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,468

Post#1871 » by Bishop45 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:48 pm

Yes Beard. He needs to roll out the 'that's all folks' t-shirt and leave the game at half-time like AD. That's the only way to have any leverage-- keep stories coming out weekly
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,153

Post#1872 » by SA37 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:58 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:
AirP. wrote:2021 isn't the plan anymore, not like it was, most of the big names are gone. If Butler really wanted to play with Kawhi(if this is where this is heading since all the other big names are GONE) he could have signed as a FA with LA and they wouldn't have had to empty the roster to acquire a 2nd star(George).

You see what emptying their roster got them yet thats the same thing you wanted us to do with Houston :crazy: if Jimmy wanted to trade Nunn, Herro, Duncan, Precious and KZ for Harden the deal would’ve been done. He’s happy here, and he’s happy with this group. Stop trying to create a narrative that somehow the organization is valuing youth over winning. And you know the drill, dont quote me with an essay.

The problem is management, not trading lots of players for a star.

The Clippers had a really good team last year -- and they'll be very good again this year; the issue is Leonard and George were given free reign to run the asylum (skipping practices and games when they pleased) and they've alienated teammates and coaches with their behavior (goodbye Doc Rivers and Harrell). Leonard has said he'll opt-out, which surely means Ibaka will opt out. If Leonard jumps ship, Ibaka probably follows. If that happens, suddenly all the picks/swaps they gave up for George, extending George to the tune of $226M, and giving Marcus Morris $64 million will have been for a lottery team with an aging roster.

The exact opposite is happening with the Lakers. They gave up a package similar to what the Clippers gave up for George to get Anthony Davis (forget that Davis is much better than George; the Clippers weren't getting Leonard without George). Davis and LeBron have signed long-term with the Lakers and have given them the stability to justify the Davis trade.

When Miami got the Big-3, they got long-term commitments and had really loyal, committed guys in Wade and Bosh, which helped control LeBron (you see what he did in Cleveland after) and added more committed guys, like Ray Allen.

Team culture matters. Any team than hands the keys over to 1-2 stars is doomed.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM

Post#1873 » by RexBoyWonder » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:59 pm

I'm just glad it's not our problem
dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,942

Post#1874 » by dshearn » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:14 pm

AirP. wrote:
dshearn wrote:
AirP. wrote:I wonder what Butler thinks about his 4th team where he may be the top guy yet the organization prioritizes the youth over him, Chicago rebuilt instead of building around him, Minnesota's owner prioritized Wiggins and Towns over him, Philly prioritized Simmons and Embiid over him and now, instead of adding another top 10 player Miami wants to wait on the young guys while wasting Butler's prime... even after he showed what he did in the finals. It's got to get old at some point, even if he likes the environment.

The plan has ALWAYS been 2021 FA. Butler knows that.

I am sure getting to his first Finals, he knows the base is solid. I would suspect he thinks they need to add to the base, not knock the building down to add a ball dominate scoring guard who does not play defense. We are not talking prime Lebron here.

2021 isn't the plan anymore, not like it was, most of the big names are gone. If Butler really wanted to play with Kawhi(if this is where this is heading since all the other big names are GONE) he could have signed as a FA with LA and they wouldn't have had to empty the roster to acquire a 2nd star(George).

The 2021 plan has changed, but its hard to think Butler went from we coach up the young guys and add talent in 2021 to my 4th team failed me in 2020 --------after a trip to the finals.

Especially after the Heat walked though the conference in the playoffs. I just don't think Butler is going to think to himself, wow this sure is a fluke and darn we got lucky taking out the Bucks and Celtics.

It could get old at some point, but I highly doubt that point is today, and I don't think Harden (not a natural fit) of all people would trigger it.
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#1875 » by goodboy » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:20 pm

Who we get
Bright
Kobewade11
General Manager

Post#1876 » by Kobewade11 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:33 pm

Ethan on radio, all opinionated stuff but sharing anyway.

-KZ & Precious the types of rookies that will thrive given the leadership on the team + no fan environment to start, already molded to Heat culture
-Harkless may have just been a preseason look, KZ or Precious may quickly assume that position
-Nobody in the East has run away from the Heat
-Don't rule out a move for a big at some point to slide Bam to the 4.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#1877 » by AirP. » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:41 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:

Jimmy is ALWAYS good with his current teammates, it's how he is, he's not going to name players to trade, he will give his input on who he'd like to play with and let the organization figure it out, he did the same thing in Minnesota when Irving asked out of Cleveland but the owner refused to move Wiggins(Glen Taylor refused to trade Wiggins in the initial Butler trade also).

My narrative comes from following Butler his whole career and with him liking a post of Harden joining the Heat post. I think Butler is smart enough to know that for a trade to happen for Harden, certain key teammates would be gone with a Harden trade. I also happen to believe that Butler is smart enough that putting that like on the post will be seen by other teammates who probably would be in a trade for Harden.

If you don't want to hear what I say then don't reply to me. I'm not going to alter my replies because you're too lazy to read information.
Kobewade11
General Manager

Post#1878 » by Kobewade11 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:43 pm

AirP. wrote:
If you don't want to hear what I say then don't reply to me. I'm not going to alter my replies because you're too lazy to read information.

I put that disclaimer out of courtesy of the board. It's a pain for others to quote long posts. If you dont like it dont quote me.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM

Post#1879 » by RexBoyWonder » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:44 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:Ethan on radio, all opinionated stuff but sharing anyway.

-KZ & Precious the types of rookies that will thrive given the leadership on the team + no fan environment to start, already molded to Heat culture
-Harkless may have just been a preseason look, KZ or Precious may quickly assume that position
-Nobody in the East has run away from the Heat
-Don't rule out a move for a big at some point to slide Bam to the 4.

1. Who is a better fit in the starting 5, KZ or Precious? I think both > Harkless.

2. What kind of big can we get in a trade? It needs to be someone that fits next to Bam, that is good enough to move the niddle, and that doesn't cost too much since I don't see us giving up core pieces for a big.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#1880 » by AirP. » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:51 pm

dshearn wrote:The 2021 plan has changed, but its hard to think Butler went from we coach up the young guys and add talent in 2021 to my 4th team failed me in 2020 --------after a trip to the finals.

Especially after the Heat walked though the conference in the playoffs. I just don't think Butler is going to think to himself, wow this sure is a fluke and darn we got lucky taking out the Bucks and Celtics.

It could get old at some point, but I highly doubt that point is today, and I don't think Harden (not a natural fit) of all people would trigger it.

That trip to the finals, if you didn't notice, he basically single handedly kept Miami from being swept, he got very little help from his teammates. Also, Crowder was one of the key guys who helped Miami get to the finals wasn't retained because of... cap space, not because he asked for too much but because Miami refused to go into cap space EVEN IF HE WAS A KEY PLAYER WHO GOT THEM TO THE FINALS.

Yes, Butler is going to coach up his teammates, he's always done that because he had vets do that for him when he was first in this league, it isn't something new, it's just not the narrative that franchises that wanted youth movements wanted people to know.

So why would Butler like a post about Harden joining the Heat if he knows Harden is under contract currently and probably knows it's for 2+ years? Does Butler not know that key players would know liking a post like that he's basically advocating moving them?

Return to Miami Heat