It's Officially Gobert Time!

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Re: It's Officially Gobert Time! 

Post#21 » by BudTugly » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:08 am

Cappy_Smurf wrote:Unless you think Mitchell is overpaid as well, this is right about where Rudy should be as the best player on the team. I mean, Gobert accepted 23 million less than he was eligible for, and he could have held out it. What did people expect?

I find it unfathomable that anyone would hope we'd spend the next year worrying about losing him for nothing or being forced to sell low because of contract status.

Great day for the Utah Jazz!

:rockon:

Agreed and this is what winning looks like.

Disrespecting Rudy letting him walk would have been a huge failure.

We got 2 superstars let’s get that trophy
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#22 » by zero24gravity » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:43 pm

In the words of Tony the Tiger...

"It's Grrrrrreat!"
MTJazzv3
Veteran
And1: 1,386

Post#23 » by MTJazzv3 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:23 pm

This was the only outcome that could extend Utah's push for the WC multiple times over the next several years. The last time that happened Stock and Malone ruled the roost with a bunch of very good role players - and Utah still didn't get a chip. That said, you can't contend for a championship if you aren't even knocking on the WC Championship door on the regular, and Rudy will allow that to happen. And honestly, right now the Jazz role players could be better than what S&M ever had. Time to unbottle the lightning in the bottle for another run.
"And the cowhide globe hits home." - RIP Hot Rod Hundley
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,244

Post#24 » by Catchall » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:18 pm

If multiple teams were planning to offer Rudy a max deal in free agency, then the 5-year max deal with incentives that the Jazz just gave Rudy is his fair market value. We can debate whether the Jazz should want to retain Rudy at fair market value, but that's what the market dictates if they want to keep him.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
BudTugly
Veteran

Post#25 » by BudTugly » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:33 am

Seeing the GB braintrust’s response makes me even more confident this was a good thing
MTJazzv3
Veteran
And1: 1,386

Post#26 » by MTJazzv3 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:41 pm

BudTugly wrote:Seeing the GB braintrust’s response makes me even more confident this was a good thing

No doubt! The sheeple Gobert/Jazz hate wagon is strong there. However, the rest of the league certainly isn't looking past the Jazz or the significance of a Rudy/Favors rotation. Jazz had to pull the trigger for lack of trade partners where it would actually make sense for the team trajectory. Its all chips in now - hope Rudy delivers.
"And the cowhide globe hits home." - RIP Hot Rod Hundley
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,736

Post#27 » by AingesBurner » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:11 pm

The great thing about Rudy is he will go out and show why he earned this contract, he won’t sit back fat and happy.
Ingles is cooked.
BudTugly
Veteran

Post#28 » by BudTugly » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:11 am

Nobody on the gb took me up so here is this

Return to Utah Jazz