ImageImageImage

Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

greenroom31
General Manager
And1: 11,410

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 2 

Post#1421 » by greenroom31 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:54 pm

ddb wrote:I remember being in history class and feeling blown away at how it took so long for the Nazi's to be stopped. I remember thinking, how come the jews gave up their guns, and their gold, and their freedoms?? why didn't they fight back? Now I get why. We live in a country of sheep. a world of sheep really.

Are you **** kidding me?? This is outrageously offensive. Is it really acceptable message board posting to call Jewish people cowardly sheep and victim-blame them for the Nazis??

Get the **** out of here with this **** -- you're on my ignore list now, but you really shouldn't be allowed to spread the bull you're pushing on here in the name of alleged "freedom".
CavemanDoctor
Veteran
And1: 4,128

Post#1422 » by CavemanDoctor » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:03 pm

Some sad posts. Legit just sad. No other words except that this is all so exhausting.
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,974

Post#1423 » by sam_I_am » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:34 pm

ddb wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
ddb wrote:
My 92 year old grandmother with severe health issues tested positive, but she actually went in for a completely different reason. Of course they made her take a test and of course she tested positive. she is fine...well she's not fine, but not because of covid. she's hanging in there and back in her nursing home.
my neighbor/friend has some organ issues and he too went in to Dr's for a different reason and they made him take a test. He too tested positive. During his 14-day quarantine he built a new patio in his back yard. His wife and kids never tested positive.
I also know a Dr who had access to tests and he took 4 all in the same day and 2 came back positive.

again very, very easy to manipulate cases and deaths. people are dying from various causes and hospitals are stamping on covid as a contributing factor.

Covid...the disease you need to take a test to find out of you have. 99.9% survival rate yet people are jumping in line for an fast tracked vaccine that's 95% effective. Give me a break.

also when the vaccine doesn't work it'll be time for the mutated covid-20 story all over the media. they are already starting to push that whole narrative about it mutating. And viruses do mutant. It will continue to mutate just like the flu and there will be all sorts of different strands. This covid crap can be pushed in the media and poured onto us for a long time if they want it to. Should be enjoyable. ugh.
It's not going to end until the world pushes back..which it already is in various cities where lockdown protests are happening.

some of the peasants will get to enjoy that $600. that should really help all the families that have lost their well being over the past 9 months.

Im amazed you can brush off 3,000+ people a day dying from a disease as no big deal. Im sorry you value your money more than others value the lives of their loved ones.

What a fountain of misinformation you are. You need a test to determine virtually everything medically— cancer, heart disease, an OD... yet COVID is fake cuz it does too? For your COVID20 BS, please tell me more. Will it rival COVID 17 or COVID 18?

Yikes man. Just yikes. Enjoy whatever response you want to make, its quite clear that youre not worth a further retort because you’ll cite whatever one-off you can find to dismiss that .1% of the US population has died from this.

my point is unfortunately people die from stuff. There are no more deaths in the United States in 2020 then in previous years. It's all level. People die from flu, from tuberculosis, from car crashes, from cancer, and the list goes on. We don't shut the entire economy down and force things on people for anything else. Now Covid-19 burst onto the scene proving to be far less dangerous then what they initially thought, and people act like its the first health crisis to ever happen. There are more people that die from heart disease in America. 655 thousand per year to be exact. That's more of a crisis then covid. Don't give me your bull. You can't just toss out my well researched opinions and thoughts and say they are crazy, and yours aren't. Speaking of bubbles...you live in one. My bubble is open and we are free & fine. People wear masks if they feel safer in a mask. I don't make fun of anyone for doing so. Eventually, your bubble will open as well. It's control by fear my friend. you are afraid and controlled. period. again, enjoy your $600 stimulus. why don't you take a look at what's in that stimulus package and then come back to me telling me that our federal government gives a **** about you or any of us. It's a joke.
I'll say it once and I'll say it again. If people are afraid of covid then they can stay in. I'm not.

It’s amazing that you are so willing to spread BS and lies.

The US is on track for 400k more deaths than last year. It is usual for deaths to increase by 10-20k each year. WW2 saw less total and % increases than 2020. This increase in deaths is largest total and largest % increase since 1918 when flu epidemic and WW1 combined for a worse year.

You will no doubt continue to spread your lies about doctors faking death certificates and whatever nonsense you have to spread. Your vile post about the Holocaust shows everything we need to know about the quality of your opinion and your character.
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,513

Post#1424 » by canman1971 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:42 pm

ddb wrote:
GreenFor3 wrote:
ddb wrote:
I'm sorry to hear about your losses. Could you share a little more information on the health condition, age, type of shape the people who passed were in? I'm not trying to twist this in any such way. I am interested to hear more about whether or not they had pre-existing health conditions, smoked, were obese, asthma etc.

That's a significant chunk of the population, 42% of the US population is obese (as of 2018), smoking is 14%, asthma is 7%. Obviously there is some overlap between them, but this is part of why things are so dangerous with COVID because we are a very unhealthy country and many people have pre-existing health conditions that can make it deadly.

don't mean to sound incredibly insensitive, but that's not the other 58%'s problem. those who are at risk, like my mother for example, ought to be careful. but my mother would never want the rest of the country to stop for her and others who have conditions like her. she is being careful and remaining low key. can't shut down everything.
clearly it doesn't work. look at Cali cases skyrocketed after the lockdown and mandates. in 3 years looking back at the data there will be two times per year where the cases go way up....the charts will align with that of the flu in terms of time of year, cases, etc. It's common sense.

I remember being in history class and feeling blown away at how it took so long for the Nazi's to be stopped. I remember thinking, how come the jews gave up their guns, and their gold, and their freedoms?? why didn't they fight back? Now I get why. We live in a country of sheep. a world of sheep really.
like I said, you won't find me in the boxcar line. not happening.

As a history teacher and one who is currently doing a unit on the Rise of the Third Reich, your history teacher should have been fired. Plain and simple.
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#1425 » by ddb » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:44 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
ddb wrote:don't mean to sound incredibly insensitive, but that's not the other 58%'s problem. those who are at risk, like my mother for example, ought to be careful. but my mother would never want the rest of the country to stop for her and others who have conditions like her. she is being careful and remaining low key. can't shut down everything.
clearly it doesn't work. look at Cali cases skyrocketed after the lockdown and mandates. in 3 years looking back at the data there will be two times per year where the cases go way up....the charts will align with that of the flu in terms of time of year, cases, etc. It's common sense.

I remember being in history class and feeling blown away at how it took so long for the Nazi's to be stopped. I remember thinking, how come the jews gave up their guns, and their gold, and their freedoms?? why didn't they fight back? Now I get why. We live in a country of sheep. a world of sheep really.

Let me help, non-Jewish germans thought like you:

don't mean to sound incredibly insensitive, but that's not the other 58%'s problem.

Also, **** gross comparing wearing a damn mask to nazi germany.

well how do you think it starts? what happens when people can't get on an airplane because they didn't believe in getting vaccinated? Who's going to be the ones being looked at as lesser humans. "non compliant" humans. you have it all backwards my friend
ddb
RealGM

Post#1426 » by ddb » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:47 pm

sam_I_am wrote:
ddb wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Im amazed you can brush off 3,000+ people a day dying from a disease as no big deal. Im sorry you value your money more than others value the lives of their loved ones.

What a fountain of misinformation you are. You need a test to determine virtually everything medically— cancer, heart disease, an OD... yet COVID is fake cuz it does too? For your COVID20 BS, please tell me more. Will it rival COVID 17 or COVID 18?

Yikes man. Just yikes. Enjoy whatever response you want to make, its quite clear that youre not worth a further retort because you’ll cite whatever one-off you can find to dismiss that .1% of the US population has died from this.

my point is unfortunately people die from stuff. There are no more deaths in the United States in 2020 then in previous years. It's all level. People die from flu, from tuberculosis, from car crashes, from cancer, and the list goes on. We don't shut the entire economy down and force things on people for anything else. Now Covid-19 burst onto the scene proving to be far less dangerous then what they initially thought, and people act like its the first health crisis to ever happen. There are more people that die from heart disease in America. 655 thousand per year to be exact. That's more of a crisis then covid. Don't give me your bull. You can't just toss out my well researched opinions and thoughts and say they are crazy, and yours aren't. Speaking of bubbles...you live in one. My bubble is open and we are free & fine. People wear masks if they feel safer in a mask. I don't make fun of anyone for doing so. Eventually, your bubble will open as well. It's control by fear my friend. you are afraid and controlled. period. again, enjoy your $600 stimulus. why don't you take a look at what's in that stimulus package and then come back to me telling me that our federal government gives a **** about you or any of us. It's a joke.
I'll say it once and I'll say it again. If people are afraid of covid then they can stay in. I'm not.

It’s amazing that you are so willing to spread BS and lies.

The US is on track for 400k more deaths than last year. It is usual for deaths to increase by 10-20k each year. WW2 saw less total and % increases than 2020. This increase in deaths is largest total and largest % increase since 1918 when flu epidemic and WW1 combined for a worse year.

You will no doubt continue to spread your lies about doctors faking death certificates and whatever nonsense you have to spread. Your vile post about the Holocaust shows everything we need to know about the quality of your opinion and your character.

it's already starting. and I'm the bad guy because I don't agree with everything that you are saying. what's going on in our country is working on smart everyday people like yourself and others. hard to believe people don't see it. I'm not going to apologize, nor should I have to for feeling a certain way. and I'm not spreading lies. some is of my opinion, but it's certainly not lies. and whoever said I was wrong about 655k deaths per year by way of heart disease needs to check the cdc website.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#1427 » by SmartWentCrazy » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:47 pm

ddb wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
ddb wrote:don't mean to sound incredibly insensitive, but that's not the other 58%'s problem. those who are at risk, like my mother for example, ought to be careful. but my mother would never want the rest of the country to stop for her and others who have conditions like her. she is being careful and remaining low key. can't shut down everything.

don't mean to sound incredibly insensitive, but that's not the other 58%'s problem.

well how do you think it starts? what happens when people can't get on an airplane because they didn't believe in getting vaccinated? Who's going to be the ones being looked at as lesser humans. "non compliant" humans. you have it all backwards my friend

It happens because people like you say they dont give a flying **** about others
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#1428 » by Feed Your Head » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:48 pm

Spoiler:
ddb
RealGM

Post#1429 » by ddb » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:56 pm

canman1971 wrote:
ddb wrote:
GreenFor3 wrote:That's a significant chunk of the population, 42% of the US population is obese (as of 2018), smoking is 14%, asthma is 7%. Obviously there is some overlap between them, but this is part of why things are so dangerous with COVID because we are a very unhealthy country and many people have pre-existing health conditions that can make it deadly.

don't mean to sound incredibly insensitive, but that's not the other 58%'s problem. those who are at risk, like my mother for example, ought to be careful. but my mother would never want the rest of the country to stop for her and others who have conditions like her. she is being careful and remaining low key. can't shut down everything.

As a history teacher and one who is currently doing a unit on the Rise of the Third Reich, your history teacher should have been fired. Plain and simple.

well as a history teacher you should be pretty ticked off that the latest stimulus bill is sending 700,000,000 to Sudan, 25 million for genders studies in Pakistan, etc, etc and hard working American citizens like yourself who educate our children will see $600.

I agree that I shouldn't have gone back to Nazi Germany as a comparison, that was a bit aggressive by me, but my point stands. My point being that freedoms being stripped and a society buying in to propaganda spewed by the media takes time and has historically been used to create fear and brainwash people in masses.

I am still waiting for someone on this board to give me a good explanation on why our country in primarily democrat run states are closed down. Please elaborate on the "science" behind it and how it's working.
Feed Your Head
RealGM

Post#1430 » by Feed Your Head » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:58 pm

Wearing a mask and getting vaccinated= having freedom stripped away? That’s entitled garbage, sorry.

Wearing a mask is a minuscule sacrifice, and that comes from someone who has to wear one 9 hours a day, 6 days a week.
theman
RealGM
And1: 1,406

Post#1431 » by theman » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:02 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:
theman wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:
It's worse than that. These are the kinds of totally irresponsible statements that, if believed, could cause people needlessly to die from Covid-19. The current administration's ambivalent messaging has been a contributing factor in killing more Americans than in all of World War 2.

How many Americans died in WW2? How many have died of Covid-19? Also, if the current administration was not ambivalent how many Americans would have died?

The official American death toll in WW2 was 291,557 with an additional 204,002 suffering non mortal wounds. AP is reporting 312,524 covid deaths in the U.S.-- and counting.

Who knows how many would have died if the current administration had done the right thing? Virtually ever epidemiologist thinks that there would have been many fewer deaths, but the estimates vary. Look at deaths per capita in places like South Korea or Canada. Canada is country where people live lifestyles similar to those in the United States and where there have been significantly fewer deaths per capita.

And the U.S. death count may be higher due to significant underreporting of covid-19 deaths in states like Florida.

According to the nation WW2 museum the number of Americans deaths in WW2 was 407,316.

And for every case where you say deaths are being under reported I could point to cases where they are being over reported e.g. the person who was in an auto accident with .52 BAC. The problem is without consistent reporting it is impossible to compare number. I similar problem exist with comparing numbers between countries.

When you move to Canada will you remain a Celtics fan or switch to the Raptors?
"Christmas is for cops and kids" - Whitey Bulger
ddb
RealGM

Post#1432 » by ddb » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:04 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
ddb wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

It happens because people like you say they dont give a flying **** about others

well you don't know me very well. you Just casually throwing out that I don't care about others when you have no clue who I am, what I do, or how I treat others is ridiculous. I care deeply about others. Again, it's already working.....people like you think people like me are "bad" "conspiracist" "careless" etc because I don't feel exactly how you feel about a very important topic in our country and world. you are being taught/brainwashed into feeling that way. I believe that differently. In fact, I feel like I care about you more then our government does. The same government/media that used physicians to promote cigaret smoking and fooled the masses into thinking there was nothing wrong with it. I mean there are so many examples of this in our history that we could start a whole new thread about it.
are you educated about vaccines? because I'm married to someone that was a registered nurse for many years and pro-vaccines until she started seeing all sorts of vaccine injuries occurring and along with many physicians and other medical professionals found and proved many common themes that have direct ties to certain vaccinations. so if you want to go down that rabbit hole with me I can educate you there and spew off hundreds of facts that our media doesn't want to promote.
ddb
RealGM

Post#1433 » by ddb » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:10 pm

The Comedian wrote:Wearing a mask and getting vaccinated= having freedom stripped away? That’s entitled garbage, sorry.

Wearing a mask is a minuscule sacrifice, and that comes from someone who has to wear one 9 hours a day, 6 days a week.

why do we keep going back to the mask thing? I could care less if you want to wear a mask or if anyone I'm with wants to wear a mask. Go for it if it makes you feel better. I'm just saying that you can't force me to wear one. I'm also saying that masks aren't very effective for an airborne virus that some studies are now saying can be passed through airducts.

To be very, very clear. I do not have anything agains anyone wearing a mask or taking a vaccine. I'm just saying I'm not wearing a mask and I'm not taking a vaccine. And I'm not the one spreading coronavirus despite what they will tell you. it's a virus. it's going to spread regardless of what people do. the majority the people in the world are going to get it. It's out. Don't be mad at me. be mad at where it came from.
and if you do have a problem with me not getting a vaccine and not wearing a mask, well then I guess I'll be dead soon, right?
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,513

Post#1434 » by canman1971 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:10 pm

ddb wrote:
canman1971 wrote:
ddb wrote:

well as a history teacher you should be pretty ticked off that the latest stimulus bill is sending 700,000,000 to Sudan, 25 million for genders studies in Pakistan, etc, etc and hard working American citizens like yourself who educate our children will see $600.

I agree that I shouldn't have gone back to Nazi Germany as a comparison, that was a bit aggressive by me, but my point stands. My point being that freedoms being stripped and a society buying in to propaganda spewed by the media takes time and has historically been used to create fear and brainwash people in masses.

I am still waiting for someone on this board to give me a good explanation on why our country in primarily democrat run states are closed down. Please elaborate on the "science" behind it and how it's working.

Oh, as a history teacher I'm pretty much ticked off about almost every bill that our government passes. I've never understood the acceptance of pork on a bill.
theman
RealGM
And1: 1,406

Post#1435 » by theman » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:14 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:I wish I was taxed more so I could help out the people who need it. I personally have donated lots of my own money to help those who are less fortunate in these times.

You can write a check to the U.S. treasury if you wish. You could also take a smaller deduction which would increase the amount of taxes you pay.

Do you live in Massachusetts? If so do you use the higher optional tax rate?
"Christmas is for cops and kids" - Whitey Bulger
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,904

Post#1436 » by FlatearthZorro » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:16 pm

Btw, when it comes to Corona, it's been pretty bad in Bulgaria as well. People were barely doing most of the things the government advised- distancing, masks, etc. Now we have a semi lockdown.

Funny thing- my grandma got Covid, my mom contracted it from her, I live with my mom, it's been 2 weeks and I haven't gotten it(I was also in contact with my grandma to help change her air-conditioner at the time)- no symptoms, nothing, literally.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
ddb
RealGM

Post#1437 » by ddb » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:16 pm

canman1971 wrote:
ddb wrote:
canman1971 wrote:As a history teacher and one who is currently doing a unit on the Rise of the Third Reich, your history teacher should have been fired. Plain and simple.

Oh, as a history teacher I'm pretty much ticked off about almost every bill that our government passes. I've never understood the acceptance of pork on a bill.

Okay, some common ground. There we go. And we both love the Celtics. So let's all just agree to disagree, people are allowed to have different opinions. Our country has always been split on many topics dating back to our founding fathers. I am very concerned about the direction a lot of this has turned in 2020 and I fear for our country. It's a combination of many things but at the end of the day this is a basketball board so I'd prefer to stick to that.
Feed Your Head
RealGM

Post#1438 » by Feed Your Head » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:17 pm

Something that’s always killed me is when conspiracy people say you can’t trust the media, and that it’s all lies. Then they proceed to send you a link to some random ranting on YouTube about how he knows for a fact that it’s all a coverup, but never proceeds to tell you where that information came from.

It’s all fake news and the media lying, unless it’s something that works in their favor.

I’m not directly talking about ddb or anyone in this thread, honestly. Just more of an in general observation.
ddb
RealGM

Post#1439 » by ddb » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:18 pm

FlatearthZorro wrote:Btw, when it comes to Corona, it's been pretty bad in Bulgaria as well. People were barely doing most of the things the government advised- distancing, masks, etc. Now we have a semi lockdown.

Funny thing- my grandma got Covid, my mom contracted it from her, I live with my mom, it's been 2 weeks and I haven't gotten it(I was also in contact with my grandma to help change her air-conditioner at the time)- no symptoms, nothing, literally.

prayers to you and your family. hopefully, everything is okay. I'm sure it will be okay. It's flu season after all. Millions of people get sick every year at flu season. although the flu has sorta vanished.
ddb
RealGM

Post#1440 » by ddb » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:20 pm

The Comedian wrote:Something that’s always killed me is when conspiracy people say you can’t trust the media, and that it’s all lies. Then they proceed to send you a link to some random ranting on YouTube about how he knows for a fact that it’s all a coverup, but never proceeds to tell you where that information came from.

It’s all fake news and the media lying, unless it’s something that works in their favor.

I’m not directly talking about ddb or anyone in this thread, honestly. Just more of an in general observation.

O it absolutely works both ways. but with that said the censorship going on now is very, very biased towards one particular side. can't really argue against that

Return to Boston Celtics