ImageImageImage

Official Miami Heat Pre-Season GT - Maxing Bam while Still Getting Giannis: Saving Tips from IggieCC

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,122

Re: Official Miami Heat Pre-Season GT - Maxing Bam while Still Getting Giannis: Saving Tips from IggieCC 

Post#1881 » by twix2500 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:52 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
Kobewade11 wrote:Ethan on radio, all opinionated stuff but sharing anyway.

-KZ & Precious the types of rookies that will thrive given the leadership on the team + no fan environment to start, already molded to Heat culture
-Harkless may have just been a preseason look, KZ or Precious may quickly assume that position
-Nobody in the East has run away from the Heat
-Don't rule out a move for a big at some point to slide Bam to the 4.

1. Who is a better fit in the starting 5, KZ or Precious? I think both > Harkless.

2. What kind of big can we get in a trade? It needs to be someone that fits next to Bam, that is good enough to move the niddle, and that doesn't cost too much since I don't see us giving up core pieces for a big.
Do not think Precious is ready to start. He doesn't understand the assignments and plays. KZ does understand the plays and his role. Its now about actual experience and learning how to manipulate the plays to his talents. This is a short season gotta be careful and not start off slow.

The only foreseeable big that will help in the playoffs is Aldridge.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,632

Re: Official Miami Heat Pre-Season GT - Maxing Bam while Still Getting Giannis: Saving Tips from IggieCC 

Post#1882 » by Kobewade11 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:55 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
1. Who is a better fit in the starting 5, KZ or Precious? I think both > Harkless.

2. What kind of big can we get in a trade? It needs to be someone that fits next to Bam, that is good enough to move the niddle, and that doesn't cost too much since I don't see us giving up core pieces for a big.

I'd pay attention to Orlando and Indiana. If they really underachieve, Turner, Vucevic, Bamba might be guys that become available. Turner could be a good fit.
Firebird1
Sophomore
And1: 73

Post#1883 » by Firebird1 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:56 pm

Can they still get Giannis? Or no? Want some answers. Thanks.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,353

Post#1886 » by Bishop45 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:25 pm

Don't like the idea of Bam playing the 4 til' he likens to shoot
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
JLop
Analyst
And1: 7,833

Post#1887 » by JLop » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:55 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
JLop wrote:
carnageta wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree. Without summer-league and training camp it’ll be tough for P to some in and contribute right from the start. The NBA game is played at a much quicker and more intense pace than college.. could take him several months of 5-10 minutes per game before he can start to get the feel of it.

I’m expecting KZ to be ready to step in.

I agree 100% with Gom about Precious. I wonder if we're going to pair Achiuwa with Bam so he can protect the rim while Adebayo starts taking three-point shots.

I'd rather see it sooner than later. We know what our vets can do. Our bigs especially. We also know that they're not particularly good defenders or rebounder. Precious should be given ample time to incorporate his skill set. It worked great for Herro, and Bam as well. Adjust the roster where you need to but let P and B get jelly together.

What we saw in preseason games aside from his good rebound is that Achiuwa can throw the ball and Bam is becoming more comfortable and versatile with his offense. I also see some similarities between Precious and Kawhi.
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,128

Post#1888 » by SA37 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:44 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:

If Miami wants him long-term, Andre Drummond would be an option. I don't know what Indiana's plans are for Myles Turner, but I think he is very available.

Jarrett Allen is another guy who seems to be available, but would be difficult to trade for alone(probably would involve Achiuwa and/or Nunn). If Brooklyn fails to get Harden, I think it would be worth Miami looking into a deal like this:

Miami gets: Spencer Dinwiddie and Jarrett Allen
Brooklyn gets: Olynyk, Avery Bradley, Nunn, and a pick.

I don't think Miami has the assets to get Jonas Valanciunas or Nikola Vucevic.

Enes Kanter would likely be a cheap option we could absorb with our trade exception for a heavily protected pick or 2nd rounders.
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#1889 » by Dr_Heat » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:56 pm

goodboy wrote:Who we get

Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
twix2500
RealGM

Post#1890 » by twix2500 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:18 pm

Firebird1 wrote:Can they still get Giannis? Or no? Want some answers. Thanks.
No

Firebird1
Sophomore
And1: 73

Post#1891 » by Firebird1 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:29 pm

twix2500 wrote:
Firebird1 wrote:Can they still get Giannis? Or no? Want some answers. Thanks.
No

Thanks.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#1892 » by IggieCC » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:34 pm

This off-szn in a nutshell

3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#1893 » by IggieCC » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:35 pm

3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,754

Post#1894 » by greg4012 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:48 pm

Bishop45 wrote:Don't like the idea of Bam playing the 4 til' he likens to shoot

You know it goes beyond labeling players a 4 or 5. Pairing Bam with a Brook Lopez type skillset works brilliantly because it adds more rebounding and rim protection without clogging the paint (3 ball is a must for a big man pairing with Bam). Bam needs to evolve with his willingness to shoot. But, even when he does, he still has immense value operating primarily from the elbow/around the paint.

Having a tall playmaking hub set up that close to the basket just inherently creates more quality offensive looks than a perimeter creator does.
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#1895 » by Bishop45 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:24 pm

greg4012 wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:Don't like the idea of Bam playing the 4 til' he likens to shoot

You know it goes beyond labeling players a 4 or 5. Pairing Bam with a Brook Lopez type skillset works brilliantly because it adds more rebounding and rim protection without clogging the paint (3 ball is a must for a big man pairing with Bam). Bam needs to evolve with his willingness to shoot. But, even when he does, he still has immense value operating primarily from the elbow/around the paint.

Having a tall playmaking hub set up that close to the basket just inherently creates more quality offensive looks than a perimeter creator does.

I know, I meant that moreso for the folk mentioning Drummond, Allen and so forth

Rest in Power Chadwick

twix2500
RealGM

Post#1896 » by twix2500 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:23 pm

I see some of you think the Heat will spend big money on non whale players this summer. The Heat will be resigning Robinson and Nunn this summer. There will be little to no money left. They are not terminating Dragic contract for Drummond or Allen.

twix2500
RealGM

Post#1897 » by twix2500 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:41 pm

twix2500 wrote:I see some of you think the Heat will spend big money on non whale players this summer. The Heat will be resigning Robinson and Nunn this summer. There will be little to no money left. They are not terminating Dragic contract for Drummond or Allen.

And Kim ass is fat. I just have to accept it, exactly what my homeboy said.

Bishop45
RealGM

Post#1898 » by Bishop45 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:50 pm

twix2500 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:I see some of you think the Heat will spend big money on non whale players this summer. The Heat will be resigning Robinson and Nunn this summer. There will be little to no money left. They are not terminating Dragic contract for Drummond or Allen.

I see...

Rest in Power Chadwick

twix2500
RealGM

Post#1899 » by twix2500 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:00 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:

I see...

:lol: damn tapatalk got me responding to the wrong post
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,736

Post#1900 » by Chalm Down » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:47 pm

AirP. wrote:
dshearn wrote:The 2021 plan has changed, but its hard to think Butler went from we coach up the young guys and add talent in 2021 to my 4th team failed me in 2020 --------after a trip to the finals.

Especially after the Heat walked though the conference in the playoffs. I just don't think Butler is going to think to himself, wow this sure is a fluke and darn we got lucky taking out the Bucks and Celtics.

It could get old at some point, but I highly doubt that point is today, and I don't think Harden (not a natural fit) of all people would trigger it.

That trip to the finals, if you didn't notice, he basically single handedly kept Miami from being swept, he got very little help from his teammates. Also, Crowder was one of the key guys who helped Miami get to the finals wasn't retained because of... cap space, not because he asked for too much but because Miami refused to go into cap space EVEN IF HE WAS A KEY PLAYER WHO GOT THEM TO THE FINALS.

Yes, Butler is going to coach up his teammates, he's always done that because he had vets do that for him when he was first in this league, it isn't something new, it's just not the narrative that franchises that wanted youth movements wanted people to know.

So why would Butler like a post about Harden joining the Heat if he knows Harden is under contract currently and probably knows it's for 2+ years? Does Butler not know that key players would know liking a post like that he's basically advocating moving them?

Tbf, Dragic and Bam got hurt in the first game. And they were arguably better than Butler for the pre-finals playoffs run
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"

Return to Miami Heat