ImageImageImageImage

Magic/Bally Sports APP: $19.99/month/ League Pass $14.99+

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,499

Re: Fox Sports Florida- Youtube TV-HULU Blackout- Updates 

Post#21 » by thelead » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:31 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:
MaxFischer wrote:Anyone know if YouTube TV is going to get Fox Sports Florida back? Hate missing all the games. Any other ways to stream?

As of now no. They haven't come to a deal.

Here is an article for a week and half a go:

https://thestreamable.com/news/mavericks-owner-mark-cuban-believes-youtube-tv-and-hulu-will-come-to-their-senses-after-dropping-rsns

“Honestly, I think YouTube TV and some of the others will come to their senses and realize in Dallas-Fort Worth, North Texas, you’ve got to carry the Mavs. From my perspective as a businessperson, I understood why they cut off the deal and didn’t renew because there were no games being played. But now that there are games being played and obviously it’s a big deal to a lot of people, and they’re hearing that from their customers, I think there’s a lot of incentive for them to fix that.”

YouTubeTV lost 21 Fox Regional Sports Networks in September, shortly after the baseball season. The company had reached a short-term extension in March, which saw most Fox Sports RSNs return to the line-up with the exception of YES Network, Fox Sports West, and Fox Sports Prime Ticket.

While the service still carries RSNs from NBC Sports — the loss was a major blow to subscribers for a service that positioned itself for sports fans. In June, YouTube TV raised their price by 30 percent, becoming $65 a month. They have since added NFL Network and added a $10.99 Sports Plus add-on that includes NFL RedZone.

Not long after, Hulu + Live TV also dropped 23 Fox Regional Sports Networks in October, including YES Network and Marquee Sports Network, which joined the service in March.

Last year, both Dish Network and Sling TV dropped Fox Regional Sports Network from their service, while fuboTV dropped the channels in January.

While Sinclair is expected to bring the recently rebranded Fox Sports RSNs direct-to-consumer, that likely won’t come until later next year.

Seems to me the blame is more on Sinclair, who now owns the Fox Sports regional networks, than the streamers. Sounds like they are trying to gain leverage because they will release a stand along streaming but that is not even available yet. Here is my guess, they wont come to a deal, Sling TV and Dish dropped them a while ago and nothing yet. Meanwhile the fans lose.

With that said, the increasing price of YouTube TV is getting absurd. Just a slight increase more and we are right back where we were with the legacy cable.

Hearing that fox will have their own streaming service is music to my ears.. as long as its reasonably priced
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,697

Post#22 » by Viper1500 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:00 am

I am glad this topic was made, I love Youtube TV but am not happy about this at all.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,132

Post#23 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:31 pm

No news yet and I suspect they wont come to any deal at all. Looks like the only short term streaming option is AT&T Now, which does give you a 7 day trial if you want to take the plunge and watch the game today. The only thing is their website sucks so there is no way to tell if the $55 package gives you Fox Sports Florida access or if its the $80 package. The rumor I hear that its the $80 package, anyone care to try it out?

https://www.atttvnow.com/?source=ECAVan00000Rku00P&WT.srch=1&wtExtndSource=at%26t+tv+now&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2s3vhLPk7QIVFopaBR1xEgktEAAYASABEgJYYfD_BwE
aka: prorl
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,116

Post#24 » by Def Swami » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:18 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:No news yet and I suspect they wont come to any deal at all. Looks like the only short term streaming option is AT&T Now, which does give you a 7 day trial if you want to take the plunge and watch the game today. The only thing is their website sucks so there is no way to tell if the $55 package gives you Fox Sports Florida access or if its the $80 package. The rumor I hear that its the $80 package, anyone care to try it out?

https://www.atttvnow.com/?source=ECAVan00000Rku00P&WT.srch=1&wtExtndSource=at%26t+tv+now&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2s3vhLPk7QIVFopaBR1xEgktEAAYASABEgJYYfD_BwE

I've looked into it and I'm pretty sure it's $80.

All of this such a damn shame. They made it so hard to watch Magic games in Central Florida this year. You basically need Spectrum or DirecTV or you're SOL. It's 2020 and the RSN's are playing games like this is still the 2000's. And the fan base these local franchises are trying to grow are under 40 and not paying an arm and a leg for old school legacy cable providers.

Hopefully Sinclair rolls out their own app or something. I wish NBA LP didn't have the blackout restrictions. It would be far more worth the $200 they charge for it.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#25 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:20 pm

Def Swami wrote:
Optimus_Steel wrote:No news yet and I suspect they wont come to any deal at all. Looks like the only short term streaming option is AT&T Now, which does give you a 7 day trial if you want to take the plunge and watch the game today. The only thing is their website sucks so there is no way to tell if the $55 package gives you Fox Sports Florida access or if its the $80 package. The rumor I hear that its the $80 package, anyone care to try it out?

All of this such a damn shame. They made it so hard to watch Magic games in Central Florida this year. You basically need Spectrum or DirecTV or you're SOL. It's 2020 and the RSN's are playing games like this is still the 2000's. And the fan base these local franchises are trying to grow are under 40 and not paying an arm and a leg for old school legacy cable providers.

Hopefully Sinclair rolls out their own app or something. I wish NBA LP didn't have the blackout restrictions. It would be far more worth the $200 they charge for it.

I'm sure there are contract issues for the NBA but it makes no sense at all to have blackout games in the age of a pandemic and will all these streaming options.

Its not our fault that Sinclair decided to pay a ridiculous amount of money for a model that is dying and now they are trying to make up for it, meanwhile they don't even have a streaming option available.

They are at risk of alienating their fans, same thing happened with Orlando City, once they sour on you are they coming back? There are tons of entertainment options out there now.
thelead
RealGM

Post#26 » by thelead » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:08 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:
Def Swami wrote:

I'm sure there are contract issues for the NBA but it makes no sense at all to have blackout games in the age of a pandemic and will all these streaming options.

Its not our fault that Sinclair decided to pay a ridiculous amount of money for a model that is dying and now they are trying to make up for it, meanwhile they don't even have a streaming option available.

They are at risk of alienating their fans, same thing happened with Orlando City, once they sour on you are they coming back? There are tons of entertainment options out there now.

Yup. Diehards like us will come right back but we likely make up less than 1% of all fans. They need to figure this out quickly.

In the meantime, I signed up for Spectrum's choice tv package which let's you pick 10 cable channels and includes local channels like Fox Sports Florida for ~45 a month. It a terrible value but it will get me by while I figure out what my next move is.

Way too of my time is going to figuring this ish out.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#27 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:36 pm

thelead wrote:
Optimus_Steel wrote:
Def Swami wrote:I've looked into it and I'm pretty sure it's $80.

Yup. Diehards like us will come right back but we likely make up less than 1% of all fans. They need to figure this out quickly.

In the meantime, I signed up for Spectrum's choice tv package which let's you pick 10 cable channels and includes local channels like Fox Sports Florida for ~45 a month. It a terrible value but it will get me by while I figure out what my next move is.

You still need the physical equipment (cable box) I assume. Yikes that is expensive.
Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,016

Post#28 » by Driguez » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:37 pm

thelead wrote:
Optimus_Steel wrote:
Def Swami wrote:I've looked into it and I'm pretty sure it's $80.

Make sure you're actually getting fox sports FL and not fox sports 1.
"We all we got"- SVG
Edual
Sophomore
And1: 63

Post#29 » by Edual » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:19 pm

The $80 AT&T is the one with fox sports florida, I signed up for the $55 first and it wasn't there
thelead
RealGM

Post#30 » by thelead » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:36 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:
thelead wrote:
Optimus_Steel wrote:

You still need the physical equipment (cable box) I assume. Yikes that is expensive.

You don’t need their physical equipment for the choice tv streaming package. That would get stupid expensive. I use/have Apple TV’s in my home so their app works. I will be testing the fox sports app tonight as well.
thelead
RealGM

Post#31 » by thelead » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:37 pm

Driguez wrote:
thelead wrote:
Optimus_Steel wrote:

I’ll double check tonight but I’m fairly sure I have both Fox Sports Florida and Sun.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#32 » by Def Swami » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:53 pm

thelead wrote:
Driguez wrote:
thelead wrote:

I’ll double check tonight but I’m fairly sure I have both Fox Sports Florida and Sun.

My parents did this for this same reason and were able to watch the last 2 preseason games on Fox Sports FL. If it's the Spectrum TV app, it should work.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#33 » by Def Swami » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:56 pm

It's really stupid how it's way easier to watch the Magic out of market than in market right now. All I have to do is pay for League Pass for one team or the whole league at $18 or $28/mo. Your options are so limited in Central Florida compared to if you lived outside. If Sinclair has an app to watch all your in-market games, then fine. But, the season is upon us and residents of Central Florida only have 2 or 3 ways to watch this team in 2020.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#34 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:14 pm

Def Swami wrote:It's really stupid how it's way easier to watch the Magic out of market than in market right now. All I have to do is pay for League Pass for one team or the whole league at $18 or $28/mo. Your options are so limited in Central Florida compared to if you lived outside. If Sinclair has an app to watch all your in-market games, then fine. But, the season is upon us and residents of Central Florida only have 2 or 3 ways to watch this team in 2020.
They don't have an app yet. They would have more leverage to ask for higher rates from streamers if they had an app.....they lost a ton of money buying the rsn from Disney.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using RealGM mobile app
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 578

Post#35 » by MasterGMer » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:27 pm

I have to go to Gator Dockside tonight to watch the game. Darn.

Stupid Sinclair!
thelead
RealGM

Post#36 » by thelead » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:29 pm

I just don’t have the free time to set things up between work and a young family but the simple solution would be to set you streaming devices (like my Apple TV’s) to route through a VPN outside of central Florida and then use league pass. It’s not that difficult but you have to set static IP’s for your streaming devices and route traffic from those IP’s to a good VPN configured at your router or firewall.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#37 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:39 pm

thelead wrote:I just don’t have the free time to set things up between work and a young family but the simple solution would be to set you streaming devices (like my Apple TV’s) to route through a VPN outside of central Florida and then use league pass. It’s not that difficult but you have to set static IP’s for your streaming devices and route traffic from those IP’s to a good VPN configured at your router or firewall.
Sounds like a lot of work and I have an energetic toddler lol.

jibba jones
Junior
And1: 115

Post#38 » by jibba jones » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:45 am

I'm at my fathers house outside Orlando. He is on Comcast/Xfinity and the game is listed in the guide as magic game but it plays something else. Channel 402.

Is this the same problem?
bela lugosi is dead
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#39 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:06 am

jibba jones wrote:I'm at my fathers house outside Orlando. He is on Comcast/Xfinity and the game is listed in the guide as magic game but it plays something else. Channel 402.

Is this the same problem?
It's my understanding that Spectrum and At&t have Fox Sports Florida, not sure about Comcast.

OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,940

Post#40 » by OrlandoDream » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:41 am

Spectrum needs new leadership if they think this will push customers to chose cable over YoutubeTV or Hulu. I love YT TV and will be watching magic games in streaming services for free. NOthing but corporate greed smh

Return to Orlando Magic