ImageImageImageImage

2020 Offseason: Trade Ideas / Trade Talk

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,217

Re: 2020 Offseason: Trade Ideas / Trade Talk 

Post#281 » by pepe1991 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:48 pm

tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
cedric76 wrote:
He got lucky on the nets trade, all those 1st rounders were expected to be late 1sts

He is over rated, he isn't the trade god that fans pretend him to be

BTW fultz will end up better than tatum :-)

Guy traded 38 years old Garnett and 36 years old Pierce for 3 future, unprotected picks from a team that already had declining Derron Williams.
He knew Nets will have nasty fall after year or two, and that's execlly what happend.
Than he used trade exception of $10M to aquire Isaiash Thomas. Than he traded Isaiash Thomas. Every single move he made was move with purpose and total W in trade department.

lol at last part

while i agree Ainge has done good on trades. Cmon, that Nets trade of unprotected picks was more based on the inept GM of the Nets, Billy King.

Marcus Thornton and a 2016 Cavs first-round pick (No. 28 Skal Labisseire) to the Suns for Isaiah Thomas (February 2015)

A protected 2007 first round pick (No. 24 Rudy Fernandez) and cash for the draft rights to Rajon Rondo (No. 21) and Brian Grant (June 2006)

Both trades that included ADDING Garnett and Allen where runaway robberies. Especially Allen trade. Wally Szczerbiak, Delonte West, the draft rights to Jeff Green :dontknow:

btw it's not his fault King thought he is doing something amazing by adding 2 guys who are 40 years old.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,665

Post#282 » by basketballRob » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:19 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Guy traded 38 years old Garnett and 36 years old Pierce for 3 future, unprotected picks from a team that already had declining Derron Williams.
He knew Nets will have nasty fall after year or two, and that's execlly what happend.
Than he used trade exception of $10M to aquire Isaiash Thomas. Than he traded Isaiash Thomas. Every single move he made was move with purpose and total W in trade department.

lol at last part

while i agree Ainge has done good on trades. Cmon, that Nets trade of unprotected picks was more based on the inept GM of the Nets, Billy King.

Marcus Thornton and a 2016 Cavs first-round pick (No. 28 Skal Labisseire) to the Suns for Isaiah Thomas (February 2015)

A protected 2007 first round pick (No. 24 Rudy Fernandez) and cash for the draft rights to Rajon Rondo (No. 21) and Brian Grant (June 2006)

Both trades that included ADDING Garnett and Allen where runaway robberies. Especially Allen trade. Wally Szczerbiak, Delonte West, the draft rights to Jeff Green :dontknow:

btw it's not his fault King thought he is doing something amazing by adding 2 guys who are 40 years old.
I remember him offering the Magic like 7 picks for Howard.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#283 » by pepe1991 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:45 pm

basketballRob wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:while i agree Ainge has done good on trades. Cmon, that Nets trade of unprotected picks was more based on the inept GM of the Nets, Billy King.

LIterally never happend. Celtics never sent single offer for Howard.
They tried to make Chris Paul trade.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,091

Post#284 » by tiderulz » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:42 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

he's talking about when King offered Marshon Brooks and like 3 first rounders for Dwight.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#285 » by basketballRob » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:52 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

I was talking about King and the Nets. I researched it and it was only 3 picks, 24 yr old Lopez, and a couple other pieces.

basketballRob
RealGM

Post#286 » by basketballRob » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:53 pm

tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:I remember him offering the Magic like 7 picks for Howard.

he's talking about when King offered Marshon Brooks and like 3 first rounders for Dwight.
They offered Lopez too.

Deron Williams and Dwight were the two big Adidas players and they wanted to unite forces.

They gave up quite a bit for Williams too. Favors, Kanter, a pick that ended up being Lillard.

pepe1991
RealGM

Post#287 » by pepe1991 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:30 am

basketballRob wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

They offered Lopez too.

Deron Williams and Dwight were the two big Adidas players and they wanted to unite forces.

They gave up quite a bit for Williams too. Favors, Kanter, a pick that ended up being Lillard.

Nop,they traded Devin Harris and Derrick Favors and two first overall picks.
Those picks ended up being Kanter and Trey Burke.

That was trade that Billy King actually won.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,177

Post#288 » by cedric76 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:16 am

I really hope that we can someone sign otto porter this summer

If Isaac was healthy i would have done

Ag +aminu for otto + pick

Fultz, Cole, mcw
Evan, Ross, mcw
Otto, chuma, bacon
Isaac, chuma, Clark
Vuc, birch, mo

But with isaac injured we need AG
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,116

Post#289 » by Def Swami » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:01 pm

I think the Gordon trade is inevitable in the off-season. Unless he verbalizes that he likes it here or is having a career season, I think the Magic have to assume he's going to leave in free agency when his contract is up.

With Fournier possibly either getting traded or leaving as a free agent, the Magic need to upgrade their wing positions. Any trade of Gordon should be for a young player that can shoot the 3 and play defense. Mikal Bridges is the perfect example of that kind of player, but I doubt the Suns let him go.

I've always liked the idea of Gordon and Isaac together. Those guys can guard five positions on the floor; you're guaranteeing yourself a good defense every year with those two. And I've always been intrigued by the potential of "small" ball lineups with Gordon and Isaac playing PF and center. It's how we surround them that has always been my issue.

I could also see the Magic front office re-signing Fournier, and keeping Gordon through his deal and seeing how Fultz/Fournier/Isaac/Gordon/Vucevic do in '21-'22. Especially if Fultz takes the leap.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,582

Post#290 » by Skybox » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:35 pm

Def Swami wrote:I think the Gordon trade is inevitable in the off-season. Unless he verbalizes that he likes it here or is having a career season, I think the Magic have to assume he's going to leave in free agency when his contract is up.

With Fournier possibly either getting traded or leaving as a free agent, the Magic need to upgrade their wing positions. Any trade of Gordon should be for a young player that can shoot the 3 and play defense. Mikal Bridges is the perfect example of that kind of player, but I doubt the Suns let him go.

I've always liked the idea of Gordon and Isaac together. Those guys can guard five positions on the floor; you're guaranteeing yourself a good defense every year with those two. And I've always been intrigued by the potential of "small" ball lineups with Gordon and Isaac playing PF and center. It's how we surround them that has always been my issue.

I could also see the Magic front office re-signing Fournier, and keeping Gordon through his deal and seeing how Fultz/Fournier/Isaac/Gordon/Vucevic do in '21-'22. Especially if Fultz takes the leap.

Fultz's emergence really makes that an interesting lineup...IF AG can hit closer to 40% on spot up 3's. It's only a few games but it's clear that Evan and AG have played well off ball with our stronger PG lineup (Anthony too)...if that could be maintained while adding back Isaac's defensive presence, it's on. We have had basically NO offensive production from SF thus far and still scored. If that guy was replaced with Isaac (whatever positions you want to call them), I would expect him to hold it down offensively while our D gets back to where it was.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,091

Post#291 » by tiderulz » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:42 pm

Skybox wrote:
Def Swami wrote:I think the Gordon trade is inevitable in the off-season. Unless he verbalizes that he likes it here or is having a career season, I think the Magic have to assume he's going to leave in free agency when his contract is up.

Fultz's emergence really makes that an interesting lineup...IF AG can hit closer to 40% on spot up 3's. It's only a few games but it's clear that Evan and AG have played well off ball with our stronger PG lineup (Anthony too)...if that could be maintained while adding back Isaac's defensive presence, it's on. We have had basically NO offensive production from SF thus far and still scored. If that guy was replaced with Isaac (whatever positions you want to call them), I would expect him to hold it down offensively while our D gets back to where it was.

AG's best year was 35%, in 6 years. i dont ever see him being close to 40%.
cedric76
RealGM

Post#292 » by cedric76 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:11 am

Otto +Gafford + pick for Gordon +aminu?

Fultz, Cole, mcw
Evan, Ross, mcw
Otto, ennis, bacon
Isaac*, chuma, Clark, Gafford
Vuc, mo, birch

unleash Jett next seaon
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#293 » by EasternMagic » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:46 pm

Here's my unrealistic trade idea that I'd like to submit for bashing:

ORLANDO RECEIVES:
Victor Oladipo
Justin Jackson

INDIANA RECEIVES:
Evan Fournier
Mo Bamba

OKC RECEIVES:
Myles Turner
Orlando 2021 unprotected 1st
Indiana 2021 2nd

Why for Orlando? I want Oladipo back... He's shooting well to begin the season. He defends better than Fournier. He's aggressive and plays with high energy. Oldaipo is a Clifford guy. I think he would fit well with this team. He's a FA, so we only do this if we're going to drop big bucks for him. I'm throwing in Bamba to Indy as a "sweetener", mainly because Khem has played so well to start the season. Bamba is going to have a hard time leapfrogging him when he's healthy enough to play. Justin Jackson is a throw-in PF... could toss him to Indy if that helps move the needle.

Why for Indiana? The biggest incentive for Indiana here is to finally move off of Turner, which everyone in the league knows they want to. I can't tell what the real story is in the Oladipo/Indiana saga. Does Victor want out? Does Indiana want him out? Idk, but it keeps getting reported one way or another. A few additional reasons why Indiana might consider this:
1. This is Sabonis' team now
2. You might be able to argue that Fournier is a better fit for this Indiana roster than Victor. Don't misread my words, not a better player, a better fit.
3. They get a real backup center in Bamba, and maybe they can develop him into the guy we wished he could be? But at least for now, he fits better as a backup center in Indy than Turner.
3. Again, just to move off of Turner...

I'll end my, "Why for Indy?" by admitting, I don't think Indiana would actually do this. I'm not sure it really helps them, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why for OKC? More draft picks! Another unprotected first from us, which would probably land in the 12-17 range, and then a Indy 2nd just for kicks. Just grabbing more assets. If Indian was interested, I could adjust this to have them throw in Hordford to Indy as a "here's a vet, winning player to help you win now." OKC is probably one of few teams that could eat Turner's contract to take more draft picks, and hold onto him for a bit until a contender says, "hey, I want that guy."

Again... this is an elaborate three-team trade that would most likely never happen, but a guy can dream.
cedric76
RealGM

Post#294 » by cedric76 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:16 pm

Zero interest in Dipo, this ship has sailed

unleash Jett next seaon
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,362

Post#295 » by Bensational » Tue Jan 5, 2021 8:57 pm

Fournier + Bamba

for

Lonzo + NAW

We'd have a great young backcourt to invest in who should all be quite versatile and compliment each other.

Vuc/Birch
Gordon/Okeke
(Isaac/Ennis)/Ross
Lonzo/NAW
Fultz/Cole

Lonzo can share lead playmaking duties with Fultz/Cole as they attack and look for their shots. NAW is also capable of playing on and off the ball depending on who he's sharing the backcourt with. Both can hit the 3 with increasing regularity.

I'm still a big fan of Bamba's potential, but not convinced it will be fulfilled here under these conditions. Maybe Stan can get it out of him? If so he's a perfect fitting C alongside Zion. Fournier could learn firsthand from JJ how to be the best player he could be. Pels are poised to grow into a contending team if things don't go horribly wrong.
cedric76
RealGM

Post#296 » by cedric76 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:23 pm

We need to trade AG for Levert

This would solve our problem short term and long term

Short term he can play PG next to Evan

Levert,cole,mcw
Evan,ross,MCW
Ennis,Bacon,Chuma
Aminu,chuma,Clark,Birch
Vuc,Birch,mo

Long term, he ll be our starting SG next season when Evan Leave us (or traded)

unleash Jett next seaon
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,582

Post#297 » by Skybox » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:12 pm

cedric76 wrote:We need to trade AG for Levert

Levert,cole,mcw
Evan,ross,MCW
Ennis,Bacon,Chuma
Aminu,chuma,Clark,Birch
Vuc,Birch,mo

/

I love AG for Levert, but I certainly don't think of Levert as a PG.It honestly seems like a perfect win-win, although losing Dinwiddie's offense off the bench makes trading Levert harder. I also like the look IF we keep Evan on a fair deal...
Vuc/Bamba/Birch
Isaac/Aminu/Clark
Levert/Chuma/Ennis
Evan/TRoss/Bacon
Fultz/Cole/MCW

I fully expect to move Evan and, hopefully, it's part of a bigger package.
cedric76
RealGM

Post#298 » by cedric76 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:25 pm

Skybox wrote:
cedric76 wrote:We need to trade AG for Levert

Levert,cole,mcw
Evan,ross,MCW
Ennis,Bacon,Chuma
Aminu,chuma,Clark,Birch
Vuc,Birch,mo

/

I love AG for Levert, but I certainly don't think of Levert as a PG.It honestly seems like a perfect win-win, although losing Dinwiddie's offense off the bench makes trading Levert harder. I also like the look IF we keep Evan on a fair deal...
Vuc/Bamba/Birch
Isaac/Aminu/Clark
Levert/Chuma/Ennis
Evan/TRoss/Bacon
Fultz/Cole/MCW

I fully expect to move Evan and, hopefully, it's part of a bigger package.

I don't like Levert as SF, I d rather go after a SF in Free Agency, Maybe Otto porter would be happy coming here if we offer him the Starting job

Fultz,cole,MCW
Levert,Ross,Bacon
Otto,Chuma,Bacon
Isaac,Aminu,Clark
Vuc,Bamba,Birch

TBH if we do the AG for Levert, I would try to trade Evan for a SF

unleash Jett next seaon
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,815

Post#299 » by MagicMatic » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:10 pm

Prospects, picks, and expiring contracts. Not interested in competing this season or band aids that make us worse in the long run.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,882

Post#300 » by drsd » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:33 pm

LeVert would be a very nice replacement for Fournier. If Gordon is traded for LeVert, then Fournier could be traded for a SF or PF as a stop-gap until next season, hen a splashy FA can be found for the combo-forward area.

The 2021/22 Magic roster starts as:
Fultz/Anthony/Carter/Williams
LeVert/Ross
Isaac/Clark
Spashy-FA/Okeke/Aminu
Vučević/Bamba

There is a lot to like about that roster.

Edit: obviously the above does not have Fultz on opening night.

Return to Orlando Magic