ImageImageImage

Wolves @ Lakers - Game 3 - 10PM ET / 8CT / 7PST

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Re: Wolves @ Lakers - Game 3 - 10PM ET / 8CT / 7PST 

Post#241 » by Mattya » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:51 am

Lol has anyone missed with Layman guarding them?
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#242 » by Jedzz » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:52 am

mercgold3 wrote:People really believe that Ryan is the one who decides who plays or not and in what system we play.

I even saw someone blaming Ryan for letting RHJ go.

Come on!
you are probably right.
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#243 » by LesGrossman » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:52 am

Jedzz wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:People really believe that Ryan is the one who decides who plays or not and in what system we play.

I even saw someone blaming Ryan for letting RHJ go.

Come on!
you are probably right.

So who is making the playcalls and substitutions?
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
Rookie-Mistake
Rookie
And1: 390

Post#244 » by Rookie-Mistake » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:53 am

We need to get pumped by 50.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using RealGM mobile app
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,192

Post#245 » by Neeva » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:54 am

Horrific shooting night from Ant but to be expected he’s a rookie.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,318

Post#246 » by Calinks » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:54 am

It would be awesome if Layman or Juancho could get going in this game and gain some confidence.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#247 » by Jedzz » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:56 am

Add Justin Patton, someone, or forfeit the season. Going to tank any game Towns misses now.
Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,764

Post#248 » by Slim Tubby » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:57 am

Jedzz wrote:Now JMac is in. But he's playing with Rubio. We need to move on from Ryan or Rosas or whoever is mandating this dump guards on the court thinking. These coaches don't understand simple things about their players and it bugs the hell out of me. Their scheme only thinking needs to go/

Be careful, Jedzz...if you question our scheme or 1-3-1 around here, they run you out of Dodge.

Ryan has his work cut out for him this year if he’s going to be our coach next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#249 » by Jedzz » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:57 am

Calinks wrote:It would be awesome if Layman or Juancho could get going in this game and gain some confidence.

Would be nice. But it doesn't appear that either of them touched a basketball during their 10 months off.
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,982

Post#250 » by wolves_89 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:57 am

Layman can't seem to defend anyone. His guy is able to go to the rim anytime they want.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#251 » by Jedzz » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:00 am

Slim Tubby wrote:
Jedzz wrote:Now JMac is in. But he's playing with Rubio. We need to move on from Ryan or Rosas or whoever is mandating this dump guards on the court thinking. These coaches don't understand simple things about their players and it bugs the hell out of me. Their scheme only thinking needs to go/

Be careful, Jedzz...if you question our scheme or 1-3-1 around here, they run you out of Dodge.

Ryan has his work cut out for him this year if he’s going to be our coach next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well yeah. I know how stubborn they have been with it. But they lost their best player for the game who happens to be the only big they have who can also shoot. Kind of breaks the entire system. They could try to not totally allow an imploding and making all their players lose confidence in the team for once.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#252 » by Mattya » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:01 am

Terrible night for everyone. Would like to see more fight, hustle, and hard fouls even tho it’s a back to back and no KAT.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#253 » by Jedzz » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:02 am

Jmac on the court, Culver is running point. Can't make this team up. Not sure why MN has to do the dumbest possible things in their male pro sports teams. Maybe they need to hire a coach from the WNBA.
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#254 » by King Malta » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:02 am

The youngest team in the league playing against the reigning champs on a back to back without their star player was always going to be a recipe for disaster.

Yes, it shouldn't be THIS bad and we've been let down by a number of guys you expect better from *cough* DLo and Beasley *cough* but it was always a likely outcome once KAT went down.

I am however always surprised to see how many people are waiting to jam the knife into everyone involved with the team after a bad result though, Ryan's coaching was pretty good the first two games. I think we'd all ticked these two LA games as losses, as a result it was super important to win our first two and we managed to do that.

Outside of KAT the team is relying heavily on a number of guys to produce regularly who are still a little too inconsistent to carry that weight, in particular Edwards, Culver and perhaps Beas. No excuses for D'Lo though, he needs to be better than this. He's the 1b on this team and when KATs out he needs to lead by example. Piss poor showing from him
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#255 » by Jedzz » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:06 am

King Malta wrote:The youngest team in the league playing against the reigning champs on a back to back without their star player was always going to be a recipe for disaster.

Yes, it shouldn't be THIS bad and we've been let down by a number of guys you expect better from *cough* DLo and Beasley *cough* but it was always a likely outcome once KAT went down.

I am however always surprised to see how many people are waiting to jam the knife into everyone involved with the team after a bad result though, Ryan's coaching was pretty good the first two games. I think we'd all ticked these two LA games as losses, as a result it was super important to win our first two and we managed to do that.

Outside of KAT the team is relying heavily on a number of guys to produce regularly who are still a little too inconsistent to carry that weight, in particular Edwards, Culver and perhaps Beas. No excuses for D'Lo though, he needs to be better than this. He's the 1b on this team and when KATs out he needs to lead by example. Piss poor showing from him

The coach is allowing the snowball. There is no way around it. Total collapses like this hurt all the players values and everyone's respect for the team, players included.

Stop running two point guards for 5 minutes. Remove the couple players destroying you today. How hard is it? Just stop the unraveling, run some tried and true sets, get your best defenders on the hips of their best and settle in for a fight. Go ahead and lose, but stop the unraveling.

But they won't. They have to make sure to remind us two wins means nothing. Same old wolves.

You don't bring in JMac and add him to a rotation with Rubio and Culver and let Culver or Vando walk the ball up to make a decision with it. This is on the coaches.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#256 » by Mattya » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:09 am

The Juancho contract and play is really hurting us right now. What we could have done without signing him could have really helped.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,318

Post#257 » by Calinks » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:09 am

Culver getting worked tonight too. Bad night for everyone.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,192

Post#258 » by Neeva » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:12 am

Mattya wrote:The Juancho contract and play is really hurting us right now. What we could have done without signing him could have really helped.

Wish they went after wood.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#259 » by Jedzz » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:12 am

Should have let McDaniels in the game before they were down 30 pts. Free minutes. Could have got a good half in for some of these guys.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#260 » by Merc_Porto » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:13 am

King Malta wrote:The youngest team in the league playing against the reigning champs on a back to back without their star player was always going to be a recipe for disaster.

True all of that. But the lack of effort is unacceptable. And we got exposed on how bad our bigs really are. This is a D-League rotation. Nothing we didn't know already.

Let's also not forget the Lakers played without AD.

We should't fall in love with our guard / wings rotation in a small sample example.

The team is unbalanced and trades are needed with urgency. I hope Rosas is aware of that instead of being in "love" with his assets.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves