ImageImageImageImageImage

Julius Randle: Should we pick up his 2021-2 Team option

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Jethrobodine123
Junior
And1: 464

Re: Julius Randle: Should we pick up his 2021-2 Team option 

Post#181 » by Jethrobodine123 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:57 pm

Just 4 games in and some have Randle as a first team All Star already. It's one thing to be a fan but quite another being delusional. He's always had some good stretches, he's always been a numbers guy. The thing is, his game has never translated to being a winner. If he continues to play well, this is the time to get something valuable for him. Take the money and run very fast.

J
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,233

Post#182 » by Zenzibar » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:25 pm

NYF13 wrote:Unbelievable folks... once you claim to have Randle by his neck and throw him out of MSG and now embracing his style of play. The same will go with RJ as well. We have to be a lot more patient and stop humiliating ourselves.

Reduce the number of rants/messages you post and stop overreacting, just makes us weak like we are from a 3rd world country. But I am sure lots of us (posters) are here from some ghetto/projects. Makes sense then!

That was a real mamabicho thing to say.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,486

Post#183 » by cgf » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:28 pm

NYF13 wrote:Unbelievable folks... once you claim to have Randle by his neck and throw him out of MSG and now embracing his style of play. The same will go with RJ as well. We have to be a lot more patient and stop humiliating ourselves.

Reduce the number of rants/messages you post and stop overreacting, just makes us weak like we are from a 3rd world country. But I am sure lots of us (posters) are here from some ghetto/projects. Makes sense then!

WTF is this s***?
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 47,892

Post#184 » by DOT » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:30 pm

How it started:

Zenzibar wrote:No waiting 2 years for Obi, just plug and play.

How it's going:

Zenzibar wrote:Also the success of the 2020 draft may not be known till year 3
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
frogfood
Suspended
And1: 1,609

Post#185 » by frogfood » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:51 pm

JCS wrote:You guys are going crazy with the Julius Randle explosion, playing himself into an All Star stuff. He is the same player he was, he always had those stretches where he looked good in NO and LA already. If you can get a first rounder for him you run with it and don't look back

Contenders probably won't even give up a 1st for this version of Randle. Ball dominant to succeed, bad defender.

I do applaud Randle for playing well, playing better.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,614

Post#186 » by prophet_of_rage » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:29 pm

Toronto might be the only place you.coukdntrade him right now. Siakim is a mess and they have no front court. Fred Van Vleet would have been what fans here were clamoring for and deserved a small guard that can't score yet as a featured guy.

Don't know what you'd get back but that is about all the contenders I can see trading for Randle right now.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#187 » by Zenzibar » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:04 pm

K-DOT wrote:How it started:

How it's going:

Oooh, what a tricky post Slick.

Let me add, that you took two different threads which were discussing separate conversations. But allow me to expand on both since you insist.

The first thread was in defense of Obi's age, skill set and his learning curve. While he has not taken the league by storm, he is injured and we don't know if after he had a great game against Detroit may have injured himself. It remains to be seen what his impact will be once he's healthy. But his defense has been MUCCHHH better than anticipated and that's a not from my prediction.

The second was from a discussion this morning regarding drafting Obi as opposed to Haliburton. What I said was that the 2020 draft will be valued for both the Obi and Quickley picks. That we won't know right away if the combination of the two picks will be greater, impact wise, than the selection of Haliburton at #8.

That the real competitive value may even come down to just Quickley and Haliburton.

But what you did was real cute, I give you that.
cooch2584
Sixth Man
And1: 86

Post#188 » by cooch2584 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:14 pm

knicks94 wrote:Was Obi really drafted because the Knicks lacked talent at the power forward position? Or was he drafted simply because the Knicks saw the most potential in him?

I hate when teams draft players just because they are trying to fill voids at certain positions instead of drafting guys for their high ceiling.

they drafted obi because he was the BEST AVAILABLE PLAYER!!
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#189 » by DOT » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:40 pm

Zenzibar wrote:

How it's going:

Let me add, that you took two different threads which were discussing separate conversations. But allow me to expand on both since you insist.

The first thread was in defense of Obi's age, skill set and his learning curve. While he has not taken the league by storm, he is injured and we don't know if after he had a great game against Detroit may have injured himself. It remains to be seen what his impact will be once he's healthy. But his defense has been MUCCHHH better than anticipated and that's a not from my prediction.

The second was from a discussion this morning regarding drafting Obi as opposed to Haliburton. What I said was that the 2020 draft will be valued for both the Obi and Quickley picks. That we won't know right away if the combination of the two picks will be greater, impact wise, than the selection of Haliburton at #8.

That the real competitive value may even come down to just Quickley and Haliburton.

Quickley vs Haliburton is a moot point since we very easily could've gotten both of them

Arguably, we could've even picked Haliburton at 8, Desmond Band at 25, and Quick at 33, but it's not guaranteed he falls to 33, just highly likely. Or we could've gone Haliburton, Quick, Nwora, and I'm sure there will be at least a couple 2nd round guys who break out who we can say we should've taken in hindsight instead of trading 33 for a future 2nd

All y'all had to say about Obi when we drafted him was he was gonna have a greater impact from day 1 than any of the guys taken after him cause they needed to develop and he didn't. Now that some of those guys look at least as good if not better than him, it's wait and see?

I just think it's funny. Backpedal away, my guy.
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#190 » by Zenzibar » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:52 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:

How it's going:

Quickley vs Haliburton is a moot point since we very easily could've gotten both of them

Arguably, we could've even picked Haliburton at 8, Desmond Band at 25, and Quick at 33, but it's not guaranteed he falls to 33, just highly likely. Or we could've gone Haliburton, Quick, Nwora, and I'm sure there will be at least a couple 2nd round guys who break out who we can say we should've taken in hindsight instead of trading 33 for a future 2nd

All y'all had to say about Obi when we drafted him was he was gonna have a greater impact from day 1 than any of the guys taken after him cause they needed to develop and he didn't. Now that some of those guys look at least as good if not better than him, it's wait and see?

I just think it's funny. Backpedal away, my guy.

First you said we could have had Quickley after picking Haliburton? So you believe that one can change a single event but every event thereafter stays the same. Like if you were not to post that dubious post, i would have still counter post you? Like that?

Let's wait till Obi returns from the injury list, since that is something noone could control and we'll chat ok Slick.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#191 » by DOT » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:07 pm

Zenzibar wrote:First you said we could have had Quickley after picking Haliburton? So you believe that one can change a single event but every event thereafter stays the same. Like if you were not to post that dubious post, i would have still counter post you? Like that?

Let's wait till Obi returns from the injury list, since that is something noone could control and we'll chat ok Slick.

Well when the two events are relatively unrelated, yes

Us taking Haliburton would not make someone take Quickley before 25

Also no need to get in your feelings about it. Obi could be good, I just find it funny how y'all are backpedalling from "he'll be great day one, no need to wait and see" to now "well hold on, it takes a couple years to really determine value, let's wait and see"

You can root for the team without trying to justify every decision as being perfect.
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,871

Post#192 » by KnixinSix » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:20 pm

2 seasons ago when we signed all those players after losing out on KD, Randle was the one who basically got the biggest and longest contract of everyone.

I think they correctly saw that he has star maybe even superstar potential if he gets his game right. Under Thibs and Payne you are seeing that perhaps come to fruition.

If he keeps this up , it would be insane to trade him as this is a star driven league. And stars attract other stars.

He also isn't a 'one dimensional scoring only' star either. He has high level rebounding and passing ability.
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,306

Post#193 » by DrCoach » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:37 pm

Hes talented, he and RJ unfortunately have the same game. If we can space them and get another good shooting PG with Quickley and another good shooting Wing i would try to make it work.
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#194 » by Zenzibar » Fri Jan 1, 2021 12:54 am

K-DOT wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:First you said we could have had Quickley after picking Haliburton? So you believe that one can change a single event but every event thereafter stays the same. Like if you were not to post that dubious post, i would have still counter post you? Like that?

Well when the two events are relatively unrelated, yes

Us taking Haliburton would not make someone take Quickley before 25

Also no need to get in your feelings about it. Obi could be good, I just find it funny how y'all are backpedalling from "he'll be great day one, no need to wait and see" to now "well hold on, it takes a couple years to really determine value, let's wait and see"

You can root for the team without trying to justify every decision as being perfect.

What is being said is that waiting 3 years to determine value was a discussion regarding Haliburton and Obi at #8.
What I said was that it's more about the package of Obi/Quickley against Haliburton and whomever? My gut feeling is that Quickley is the great equalizer. Being that supposing to have picked Haliburton, that Quickley would have been available. Even in Quantum Physics this is not possible.

However, Obi is off to a slow start and has not dominated as I thought. Satisfied?
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 4,901

Post#195 » by Jeffrey » Fri Jan 1, 2021 2:08 am

Possibly yes... there's not a lot of options unless Kawhi is coming.
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,876

Post#196 » by Jose7 » Fri Jan 1, 2021 2:16 am

who lot of clowns around here still...randle had 3 ball hog high usage games and now we're talking about retaining a disaster of a winning player... awful
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
Context
RealGM
And1: 11,444

Post#197 » by Context » Fri Jan 1, 2021 2:17 am

Jose7 wrote:who lot of clowns around here still...randle had 3 ball hog high usage games and now we're talking about retaining a disaster of a winning player... awful

you around to talk bro? If so please pm me...
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#198 » by br7knicks » Fri Jan 1, 2021 3:35 am

i'm still on the trade randle team, but no reason to overract too badly with this one bad game.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#199 » by WargamesX » Fri Jan 1, 2021 4:27 am

Didn’t see the game but how did Randle look during this loss?
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,663

Post#200 » by Fat » Fri Jan 1, 2021 4:41 am

WargamesX wrote:Didn’t see the game but how did Randle look during this loss?

He was alright definitely not the reason we lost
Miami Heat Baf

Fultz | NAW
Mitchell | Grimes
Trent Jr | DFS
Al Horford | Covington
Adams | Achiuwa

Return to New York Knicks