Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Re: Welcome to OKC, Theo Maledon 

Post#21 » by spearsy23 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:22 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:I think it depends on what they plan on doing with shai. If they are going to play him at point and they still have hill, I could see them giving hill minutes to facilitate a trade. If Theo and Shai can play together and alternate at the point, that might be something we see for years to come based on last years success of the three pg lineup.

Who is the last starting center on a championship team that was above average? I'll take a good player at any position, but I'm not paying for one at center.

Of course you pay for great players regardless of position.

This year. Davis played 60% of his minutes at center in the playoffs and 40% at pf which was opposite of what he did in the regular season, 40/60. Also I don’t think you can ignore the success of the nuggets and heat with their bigs.

Davis didn't start at center. They stopped playing a center because centers. don't. matter.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Post#22 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:43 pm

spearsy23 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:Who is the last starting center on a championship team that was above average? I'll take a good player at any position, but I'm not paying for one at center.

Of course you pay for great players regardless of position.

This year. Davis played 60% of his minutes at center in the playoffs and 40% at pf which was opposite of what he did in the regular season, 40/60. Also I don’t think you can ignore the success of the nuggets and heat with their bigs.

Davis didn't start at center. They stopped playing a center because centers. don't. matter.

Davis would be the starting center if he weren’t averse to playing it. He played more time at center in the finals because he has skills that javale and Dwight don’t have. He just doesn’t like to play center and the lakers accommodate him in the regular season. He played singnificantly more time at center in NO. That’s is why the lakers signed other bigs to accommodate his preference. When he was the primary big, surrounded by shooters the lakers lineups were successful. It’s not his fault Javale and Dwight have limitations. The lakers size destroyed Houston’s small ball. Game one of the finals turned when he was at the center and the game was within 6 points. The playoff success of Bam and Jokic is worthy of mention too. AD is a multi skilled big. They matter in every generation.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
bbms
Analyst
And1: 531

Post#23 » by bbms » Mon Dec 7, 2020 6:17 pm

I think he's going to contribute right away for this team, but I suspected his shooting isn't going to translate right away.

Slow release.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#24 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Dec 8, 2020 11:32 am

The trade should be official today. So maybe we hear from him in the next day or two.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#25 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Dec 8, 2020 10:44 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Dec 9, 2020 6:11 pm

Read on Twitter
?
a-French-Fan
Senior
And1: 304

Post#27 » by a-French-Fan » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:39 pm

4 years/7.8 millions
2 years guaranteed for 4 millions
Team option for last year.

Is that a good contract for him?
Frank Ntilikina is a play-off player, but he goes to the Hornets.

Paris 2024 (Starters):
Ntilikina - Malédon - Hayes
Coulibaly - De Colo
TLC - Rupert or Risacher
Wembanyama- Yabusele
Embiid- Poirier - Lessort [without Embiid: Fall]
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:19 pm

a-French-Fan wrote:4 years/7.8 millions
2 years guaranteed for 4 millions
Team option for last year.

Is that a good contract for him?

It’s all about perspective. 8-)
Read on Twitter
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:27 pm

Says he was in OKC working out on his own until the trade was completed.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:51 pm

Full highlights if anyone missed the game. I really like how he uses his body to hold off the defender for the transition layup at the 25 second mark. I don't know much about he different levels of Euro play but it's clear that his feel for the game is really good.

jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Post#31 » by jake_swivel » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:51 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Full highlights if anyone missed the game. I really like how he uses his body to hold off the defender for the transition layup at the 25 second mark. I don't know much about he different levels of Euro play but it's clear that his feel for the game is really good.

My favorite was the contested lefty lay-in.
a-French-Fan
Senior
And1: 304

Post#32 » by a-French-Fan » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:47 pm

ThunderBolt wrote: I don't know much about he different levels of Euro play but it's clear that his feel for the game is really good.

Not necessary a matter of level but more of court size. Indeed, if you take his assists at 33" and 1'17" that was really more difficult in Europe to do this into a shorter court. He made a lot of TOs this way I would say. TP9 said once that he was more fit with NBA than Euroleague, now when I see those assists I understand it better.
And for scoring, as Luka Doncic said, it is easier to score in NBA.

About the level, he had played two years at a higher level than NCAA or G-League.
Frank Ntilikina is a play-off player, but he goes to the Hornets.

Paris 2024 (Starters):
Ntilikina - Malédon - Hayes
Coulibaly - De Colo
TLC - Rupert or Risacher
Wembanyama- Yabusele
Embiid- Poirier - Lessort [without Embiid: Fall]
oldshoolballer
Starter
And1: 2,615

Post#33 » by oldshoolballer » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:33 pm

a-French-Fan wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote: I don't know much about he different levels of Euro play but it's clear that his feel for the game is really good.

Not necessary a matter of level but more of court size. Indeed, if you take his assists at 33" and 1'17" that was really more difficult in Europe to do this into a shorter court. He made a lot of TOs this way I would say. TP9 said once that he was more fit with NBA than Euroleague, now when I see those assists I understand it better.
And for scoring, as Luka Doncic said, it is easier to score in NBA.

About the level, he had played two years at a higher level than NCAA or G-League.

Has a very mature game doesn't play like a rookie.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:48 pm

I wish I could find clips of his two best passes that he didn’t get an assist because the player missed the shot.
bbms
Analyst
And1: 531

Post#35 » by bbms » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:23 pm

Here's my report on Theo Maledon: 19-year-old pro.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#36 » by spearsy23 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:52 pm

https://youtu.be/GSyisO1o2ks

Not sure if this has been posted
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Post#37 » by jake_swivel » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:35 am

spearsy23 wrote:https://youtu.be/GSyisO1o2ks

Not sure if this has been posted

I love that dude's personality. Calm, analytical, confident, and not defensive to constructive criticism.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:06 pm

Camera angle doesn’t do this play justice. I’m very pleased with his shooting but more so with his passing.

Read on Twitter
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Jan 1, 2021 9:42 pm

Read on Twitter
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Jan 3, 2021 12:30 pm

I feel confident that Theo is going to be a very good shooter. However these type of passes amaze me at his age. Besides Ball, is there any rookie with his passing ability and court vision? He's reading and manipulating the defense.
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder